RBI’s and Total Bases By Position

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 23, 2012

I think it’s fairly obvious what position Arias will be taking over when Pablo returns next week. Here are the RBI’s and total bases produced by the Giants this year by position:

Catcher: 31 rbi’s (2nd in NL), 78 total bases (2nd in NL)

1st base: 20 rbi’s (9th in NL), 62 total bases (12th in NL) Belt has had more starts at first base than any other player this year.

2nd base: 7 rbi’s (15th in the NL), 31 total bases (last in the NL. We are 19 total bases behind the Brewers who are in 15th place. Miami’s 2nd base spot leads with 82 total bases).

shortstop: 15 rbi’s (9th in NL) and 56 total bases (9th in NL).

LF: 17 rbi’s (13th in NL) and 80 total bases (surprisingly 5th in the N:)

CF: 15 rbi’s (7th in NL), 81 total bases (4th in NL)

RF: 18 rbi’s (11th in NL), 76 total bases (8th in NL)

If you compare how each position is doing vs other national league teams, we are good in two positions: catcher and center field. And from a *total bases* standpoint, we are also ok in LF and RF. I didn’t include 3rd base because it was near the top with Pablo in and has dropped since he left. I think everyone knows we are fine at 3rd when Sandoval returns.

And while we are below average at SS and first base we are beyond woeful at 2nd base. I recognize this isn’t news to anyone who follows the team. But it is crystal clear that when The Panda comes back next week Arias will move to 2nd base to fill the black hole of (un)production that we have gotten from that spot all season long.

Our offense will just continue to get better and for a team that has more than held it’s own since we lost our great 3rd baseman, that is outstanding news as we head into the Summer………

About these ads

1. blade3colorado said, on May 23, 2012 at 6:27 am

Weatherproof games: Giants-Brewers, Blue Jays-Rays, Rangers-Mariners, Rockies-Marlins, Cubs-Astros and Dodgers-Diamondbacks

Red Sox-Orioles should be able to complete their game in the window following a late-morning thunderstorm and late-afternoon rain. Thunderstorms will also affect Royals-Yankees early on and Nationals-Phillies in the latter innings, but the tarps won’t remain spread out for long in either the Bronx or Philadelphia.

2. blade3colorado said, on May 23, 2012 at 7:03 am

A couple of weeks ago in the Flap League, I dropped Pagan from my line-up to take advantage of a “same day” waiver claim of a pitcher (i.e., he was starting that same day). His rating was sky high for this pitching matchup, as he was going against a weak MLB team. I figured I would get the win and I could reclaim Pagan a couple of days later, especially after all the BS Angel was taking from Flappers (don’t even tell me if it was justified or not . . . I don’t care to listen, nor is it my point) . . . Fast forward a couple of days later – Angel comes off the waiver wire and GH claims him. I did get the win from the pitcher I claimed for the one start . . . In short, a good tactical move, but a poor strategic move. Grrrrrrrrr . . .

3. Bozo said, on May 23, 2012 at 7:10 am

I wasn’t able to watch last nights game. After the 14 inning game (I think I hit the sack about 1:30) and working on the pot holes in the dirt driveway of this shack I’m living in, I was just too bone assed tired to watch the game. I watched it this morning though and one thing I do know, everyone around the league is watching the Melk Man’s throw home. What a fucking seed. With Posey’s HR blast I’d have to say a lot of fears about his durability just might be getting answered.
    With last nights storm blowing through, it looks like an afternoon of Giants baseball is about all I have to do today. Ain’t life grand?

4. willieD said, on May 23, 2012 at 7:11 am

thx for the link to the two casilla ABs…on the last swing by the time he ends it with a mighty hack he is almost facing the mound because his front foot is so far in the bucket. The first pitch is a classic. But I still wouldn’t care to be on the other end, when he is on the mound with a ball in his hand.
    Pagan, oh man. How embarrassing would that have been if aoki had scored from 2b on what turned out to be a SF as P lets his momentum (after a very nice running grab) carry him slowly towards the wall? On the replay you can Crawford is in the picture jumping up and down and waving his arms furiously to get his attention. wow….that might be something you laugh about if you win, but still could have cost a run.
    Casilla is kangaroo court stuff, pagan, I don’t think so.
    flems called out burriss for not running out a pop up earlier too that he said was not an easy play for the C, and he also said bochy appeared quite upset with him in the dugout. You guys remember that one—anything said at the time by k/k?
    As to 2b, burriss has to be hearing footsteps, and just can’t do stuff like that if he wants to stay in the league. And I’d add Arias appears to have a SS arm and has made most of the plays over at 3b as a very capable back up. He stays in the LU somehow.

• Bozo said, on May 23, 2012 at 7:22 am

willie – On the Burriss play. Baggs wrote about Bochy chewing him out on that play. Later Bochy said something like I would have taken him out of the game if I wasn’t short on Middle Infielders. So I imagine Manny will be getting a fine from the kangaroo court.

• Flavor said, on May 23, 2012 at 7:34 am

It’ll be interesting to see what happens to him. If the team feels that Theriot is healthy that might be Burriss’ ticket out of town for good.

• Bozo said, on May 23, 2012 at 7:49 am

This is going to sound pretty sad, but I wonder if the Giants are talking to Cody Ransom?

• chipower9 said, on May 23, 2012 at 7:59 am

When Panda comes back they’ll have to make a move. Theriot is eligible to come off the 15 day on the 24th (he was put on retro to the 9th). My guess is Burriss is DFA’d (I think he is out of options), and Culberson gets sent back to Fresno.

• snarkk said, on May 23, 2012 at 9:14 am

ChiP that would be a good assumption. Culberson is clearly in over his head at the MLB level, though he apparently won the trophy wife derby. One way or another, Burriss is gone barring any more infield injuries. I doubt he would fetch much in a trade, maybe a PTBNL and/or a few “cash considerations”. He’s out of options, so he has to be cut…

5. Nipper said, on May 23, 2012 at 7:12 am

I’m glad BF is optimistic.

6. Nipper said, on May 23, 2012 at 7:38 am

Does anyone understand Burriss? Perhaps he feels his days are numbered as a Giant?

• Alleykat said, on May 23, 2012 at 8:25 am

When Burris’s only offense is an occasional bunt l would say his days are over.He doesn’t make up with his D as well.

7. paulinasia said, on May 23, 2012 at 8:20 am

If his days are numbered as a Giant, he only has himself to blame. Good spring, I think many people felt confident that this was his chance and he’d do ok. He hasn’t. To me, of the position players, he’s the one I’m most disappointed in, and yeah, I think he’s gone sooner rather than later. It’s too bad.

• snarkk said, on May 23, 2012 at 9:31 am

I was confident in the Spring that he would not last long, and said so. He’s a good kid, but only in a Giants org with the infield in such a mess can a kid with this little talent pogo up and down for 3 years to the bigs. He’s fast, but that’s it. Can’t bunt, can’t read pitchers’ moves so he’s a poor base stealer, good range but average defensively with the occasional break down out of nowhere, and absolutely no pop, none, zilch. He’s an infielder Ford, without the defense. How can a player get to the major leagues yet be challenged to even hit a gapper once a freakin season? Sheezus, Johnnie Lemaster had 22 career HRs. I’m sure there are others, but I can’t think of a Giant recently I’ve seen who has such a popgun bat. At least Kuiper hit a few doubles. The sac fly he got the other day was a minor miracle. I won’t get angry at him for not running out the popup, he’s knows he’s as good as gone barring another injury, so that can’t be easy…

• blade3colorado said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:56 am

Plus, he’s ugly and skinny.

8. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 23, 2012 at 8:27 am

Burris looked like he knew he fucked up but didn’t give a shit anymore. He made some comment last week, something like “how can you evaluate a player with less than 150 abs?”. I don’t know Manny, why don’t you ask the Operation Dick Around strike force about that. Sabean surely made note that a good soldier would never make that comment. Dude has a one way ticket on the shame train as soon as the club can make it work.

Anyone else see reports that Bochy had to take a seat in the club house due to dizziness? That is never a good sign. Hope he’s alright.

• Bozo said, on May 23, 2012 at 8:55 am

Yeah dirt, I think Baggs mentioned something about Bochy felt his blood pressure getting high and felt dizzy.

They didn’t mention what was happining on the field when it happened.

9. paulinasia said, on May 23, 2012 at 8:38 am

While moving Arias to 2B when Pablo comes back seems inevitable, one thing I don’t like about that is it’s a waste of Joaquin’s arm. Love his throws from across the diamond. Can Crawford play 2B?… maybe he wouldn’t one-hop so many throws to first..

10. Nipper said, on May 23, 2012 at 8:44 am

Lets leave Crawford alone. He’s got enough on his plate.

11. James said, on May 23, 2012 at 8:45 am

Why use total bases and RBI to compare? Hey, it looks like Melky isn’t very clutch. If you want to focus on TB, why not just use slugging percentage? Of course, all of the stats that look at a player’s offensive value include OBP in some form.

12. chipower9 said, on May 23, 2012 at 8:49 am

Today’s Giant line-up…

Pagan CF
    Crawford SS
    Cabrera LF
    Sanchez C
    Belt 1B
    Arias 3B
    Schierholtz RF
    Burriss 2B
    Zito LHP

13. chipower9 said, on May 23, 2012 at 8:52 am

White Shark and Buster Ball Game get the day off…Nate gets a shot…

14. twinfan1 said, on May 23, 2012 at 9:06 am

Using what Craig cited as the most sophiscated run production stat, wRC+, here’s where the local lads stand in the NL among starters at their positions:

Posey 5th
    Belt 8th
    Burriss 16th
    Crawford 12th
    Sandoval 2nd
    Blanco (RF) 12th
    Pagan 5th
    Melky 2nd

15. DJLoo said, on May 23, 2012 at 9:17 am

Of course Burriss will hit one out today…

• snarkk said, on May 23, 2012 at 9:34 am

I’ll settle for a pop double down the RF line, it’d be his first extra base hit since the middle of last season…

16. zumie said, on May 23, 2012 at 9:19 am

Wow- it makes you wonder if the Burriss play made Bochy physically ill. The catcher caught the ball in fair territory, and Burriss never left the batter’s box area. Willie, K&K did rip Burriss bigtime for it. And the camera kept going to Bochy’s face, which looked as angry as we’ve ever seen Bochy’s face.

• snarkk said, on May 23, 2012 at 9:38 am

Huff diddled away the entire last season and was out of shape for $11 million, but Bochy’s blows up because a kid doesn’t run out a pop he thought was foul? If a manager is going to go Agro, I think that was a waste of one there…

• zumie said, on May 23, 2012 at 9:43 am

As we all know, stress can be cumulative. It can be a LOT of things building up, and then one incident is the straw that broke the camel’s back, so to speak.

• snarkk said, on May 23, 2012 at 9:48 am

Yeah, that’s why I’ve cut back on posts to the Flap. ;)

17. zumie said, on May 23, 2012 at 9:37 am

“At least Kuiper hit a few doubles.”

And Kuiper was a career .270 hitter, which is very respectable.

18. chipower9 said, on May 23, 2012 at 9:44 am

And don’t forget…Kuiper did have one “big fly.”

• snarkk said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:02 am

I would have to think Zito will walk a bunch today.
      He’ll be plenty scared of giving up the long ball in this bandbox, so he’ll probably be nibbling the plate like a rabid chipmunk…

19. ewisco said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:15 am

I”m probably immediately cursing him, but Zito seems to pitch better on the road, in big games (which i’m not sure this one is), in tough ballparks, the last two years. There was the rain delay start last year along with another, there was the colorado start this year. a couple of others i’m thinking but can’t remember. But then, he has bad numbers in THIS park. we’ll see.

20. Bozo said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:16 am

Nice change here, MLB has the Giants feed today.

• eddacker said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:45 am

yeah! but what are they doing? the bottom of the picture is cut off.

• Bozo said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:57 am

I’m getting a good feed here ed.

• blade3colorado said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:00 am

Pissed . . . I don’t have the feed and Kos also isn’t televising the game. Damn.

21. snarkk said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:22 am

This one isn’t starting too well for Zito. And, is Burriss awake yet?…

22. unca_chuck said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:24 am

Better get the pen going . . .

23. twinfan1 said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:24 am

Every talking head in the Bay Area continues with the fiction that Zito is still pitching well. He’s 2-1 in May but with a 4.71 ERA and 1.667 WHIP. That’s not good in any book I know of.

24. gianthead said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:26 am

The one time I get to sit at a bar during lunch to watch the Gigantes and it is Zito pitching….

25. Bozo said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:26 am

I hope Bochy took his blood pressure meds this morning.

26. twinfan1 said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:28 am

It’s a good thing we have a top flight SS, though.

27. snarkk said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:28 am

5 batters in. Nobody out. 2 errors, 2 walks.
    Already 3-0 Brewers.
    The rabid chipmunk will be lucky to get through the first.
    This one is already nasty. I don’t think Bochy wants to touch the Pen too early, this may be an “eat it” game.
    Is Brad Penny around yet?…

28. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:33 am

I could be outside shoveling shit in my barn but instead I’m watching Zito dig his own grave.
    I’ll be honest. Watching Zito implode is a lot more rewarding.

• gianthead said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:40 am

That is what they get for batting around the order in the first inning….how dare they let a pitcher get a double…

29. snarkk said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:37 am

As one of my aunts used to say: “Good Gawd!”. When Zito pitches, bad shit happens. See ya, Flappers…

30. Bozo said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:38 am

Maybe our infield had a late night at the Cactus Club last night.

31. chipower9 said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:41 am

snarkk – you called it 10:02…had to stroll down to the computer room…come back and the wheels have already fallen-off…damn…was going to go out at lunch and grab a bite at the bar and watch some of the game…may have to re-think that one…

32. chipower9 said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:42 am

Holy shit…a whisker away from 8-0…

33. chipower9 said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:47 am

In reference to Twin’s 10:24 post on Zito’s ERA/WHIP…and it ain’t gettin’ any better after that one inning meltdown.

34. unca_chuck said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:56 am

At least he swung? Or didn’t try to bunt?

35. gianthead said, on May 23, 2012 at 10:57 am

What an awful Burriss at bat, what an aswul lunch I just had as well…some weird chicken wrapped in bacon with sweet mashed potatoes and asparagus…excuse me while I go vomit…but that is more a reaction to Zito…

• zumie said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:06 am

“some weird chicken wrapped in bacon with sweet mashed potatoes and asparagus”

Yikes. (grin)

• twinfan1 said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:09 am

Your wife hates you? ;-)

• gianthead said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:11 am

Most definitely…but that was served at a restaurant-bar so I could watch the game…

36. blade3colorado said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:02 am

Just got back from the gym and through all the posts . . . I guess I am lucky to not have the MLB or Kos feed of this game. :-)

• chipower9 said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:05 am

Yep. Fucking 2 run shot…8-0…I’m shutting down the radio feed…hard to focus on the work with this shit going on. Catch you later, Flappers.

• Bozo said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:06 am

The Brewers just got the two point conversion.

• blade3colorado said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:14 am

Bozo, early nominee for post of the day . . . No doubt the onside kick is coming soon.

• Bozo said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:18 am

No onside kick but the Giants just kicked a field goal.

• chipower9 said, on May 23, 2012 at 12:26 pm

And followed it with a safety.

37. unca_chuck said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:06 am

Well, they won the series . . .

• Nipper said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:10 am

Chuck grateful…..

• blade3colorado said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:15 am

Hey Chuck, this game is a waste of time . . . SO CHECK OUT YOUR FUCKING ESPN TRADE PROPOSALS – GOT ANOTHER ONE IN THE HOPPER FOR YOUR 8TH PLACE TEAM. :-)

38. twinfan1 said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:08 am

Well, shame on me. I got sick of hearing it but it’s really true- Zito’s back!

• Nipper said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:11 am

Yeah but I blame the Giants management for Zito. It shows that even baseball guys blow it.

• blade3colorado said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:17 am

Accurate analysis Nip . . . Yep, even the “arm chair quarterbacks” get them right once in awhile.

39. unca_chuck said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:21 am

Christ, 2 misses at 1st.

40. Macdog said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:22 am

Ugh. Just came in from mowing the lawn. Maybe I’ll go back out and tackle the weeds.

41. Macdog said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:32 am

Kuip got a little ahead of himself there on that lineout to Nate.

42. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:50 am

I haven’t stopped watching. If they get Zito off the hook in this one, I’ll cut him up into tiny little bait myself.

43. mrmrbill said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:50 am

Strong comeback in the making.

44. eddacker said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:52 am

give Barry abreak preferably a finger
    only four of those 8 are earned

• twinfan1 said, on May 23, 2012 at 11:58 am

Yes, he’d been excellent but for those durn errors..

45. zumie said, on May 23, 2012 at 12:13 pm

The ability to pitch through errors is a must for Giants pitchers 2012.

46. Flavor said, on May 23, 2012 at 12:24 pm

I wasn’t aware that it was mathematically possible to have a lower batting average than Brandon Crawford. the ultimate indignation? Possibly……..

• chipower9 said, on May 23, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Oh hell..I’d take MudBug over Burr-InMy-Ass any day…

Went out and grabbed tacos for lunch…saw the Giants with the field goal and safety…what a trip if they come back and win this one after being down 8-0…

• twinfan1 said, on May 23, 2012 at 12:39 pm

You might not have either soon, or Belt. Huff-Theriot-Arias-Sandoval could be at a theater near you real soon.

• chipower9 said, on May 23, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Well, I shared my prediction earlier. Sandoval and Theriot get activated…I believe it translates to Burriss DFA’d and Culberson on a slow bus back to Fresno. Sure, MudBug had another error today, but he is also 2-3. I think he continues to get decent playing time, even after the expected activations.

Who knows…with Theriot’s line .179 .217 .196 .413 Burr-InMy-Ass may just make the cut.

• twinfan1 said, on May 23, 2012 at 1:27 pm

True, errors don’t count. But hey, we have a league leader! Well, a co-leader. Mudbug moves into a tie with Gordon with 10 errors..

47. chipower9 said, on May 23, 2012 at 1:00 pm

6 outs left…time to make a move, Gigantes.

48. Nipper said, on May 23, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Giants are coming up short today but at least they fought back. Sanchez should be complemented.

49. Bozo said, on May 23, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Shake it off, get on a plane and go on down to Miami.

50. unca_chuck said, on May 23, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Well, they fought back some. That’s good to see.

They took the series, on the road.

On to Miami.

• unca_chuck said, on May 23, 2012 at 1:45 pm

And, no I didn’t see those previous 2 posts . . .

51. chipower9 said, on May 23, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Nice attempt at a comeback. Most important point…a series win. You win series and good things happen.

Miami has been playing good ball. They’re 7-3 in their last 10 and sitting on a 3 game winning streak going into their series finale against the Rox this evening.

Tough match-up tomorrow. Vogelson against Sanchez. Sanchez has gone 7 in his last six starts and has not given up more than 2 ER in all eight starts this year.

52. Macdog said, on May 23, 2012 at 1:50 pm

As a few of you said, at least they got 2 of 3. Still can’t get that first sweep, though. And 15 K’s today, that’s kinda ugly. The good news is no Zito for the Fish series.

• Nipper said, on May 23, 2012 at 1:57 pm

A Zitoless series sounds good to me.

53. zumie said, on May 23, 2012 at 2:03 pm

The Marlins have been a uniquely nightmarish opponent for the Giants over the years. Tough series coming up.

54. Del Mar Dennis said, on May 23, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Excellent job by the pen this series — 13 1/3 scoreless. Miami won’t be any picnic. They’re starting to heat up.

55. snarkk said, on May 23, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Sabean has to pick up some kind of real major league infielder, of some sort, and fairly soon, I should think. Even with Panda back in a month and Arias moves to 2b, Culberson and Burriss will be gone, so all you have is Theriot? Seriously? Sabes has to pick up somebody that can actually play 2nd and/or SS and make routine plays and hit the ball once in a while out of the infield, because I don’t know how much longer this error machine at SS can go on without some sort of consequences — like a pitching staff riot. I’d gladly settle for 2 of 4 in Little Havana and skeedaddle….

56. snarkk said, on May 23, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Now I have to log in every damn time to WordPress to make a post. Did not have to do that before. What’s going on with that?….

• Flavor said, on May 23, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Maybe you need to re-click a button or maybe the site is just screwy today. Anyone else? I’ll check the back end when I get home

• snarkk said, on May 23, 2012 at 2:41 pm

It’s been happening off and on for over a week. I never touched any setting, or did anything differently to post, seems to come and go on a whim. Sometimes I get on the site and make a post with no problem, next time I get on it asks me to log in when I hit the “post comment” button….

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 23, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Works for me. Must be operator error.

• blade3colorado said, on May 23, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Snarkk, it could be one of two things: 1. What browser are you using? If FireFox, the only way it will require you to sign in again, is if you close the browser; and/or 2. Similar to the aforementioned, you reboot your computer . . .

57. chipower9 said, on May 23, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Have not seen anything official on the Giants site, but a friend told me Culberson had been optioned to make room for Theriot (eligible to be activated tomorrow).

• blade3colorado said, on May 23, 2012 at 3:15 pm

As Ferret would say . . . WOO HOO!

• blade3colorado said, on May 23, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Gay ass smiley face for emphasis :-)

• chipower9 said, on May 23, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Supposedly via a tweet from Baggs. My ass doesn’t do Twitter…no tweets for my ass.

• Macdog said, on May 23, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Baggs’ tweet: “The Giants have optioned Charlie Cluberson, presumably to activate Ryan Theriot tomorrow.”

• mrmrbill said, on May 23, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Schulman: “Culberson optioned. No corresponding move yet, but obviously Theriot to be activated from DL tomorrow.”

• mrmrbill said, on May 23, 2012 at 3:47 pm

But we still expect his mom to make AT&T Park appearances :P

• Nipper said, on May 23, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Yawn…..okay…

• mrmrbill said, on May 23, 2012 at 5:22 pm

No kidding. As far as 2nd basemen are concerned, I’d rather trade for What.

58. Bozo said, on May 23, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Hey, I have an idea. Let’s just trade Belt for a shortstop. That should make everyone happy or pissed. Probably the same deal either way.

59. twinfan1 said, on May 23, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Belt isn’t making my PR for him easy lately. He’s going to have to raise my pay.

• Bozo said, on May 23, 2012 at 5:02 pm

twin, maybe he can get a cow from Bum.

• Nipper said, on May 23, 2012 at 5:13 pm

He’s still a kid.

60. twinfan1 said, on May 23, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I’m going to bed early. Belt diatribes can be directed elsewhere. Nighty nite.

• Flavor said, on May 23, 2012 at 5:57 pm

He’s speaking volumes with his batting ave which is now below Crawford’s. Yikes.

• twinfan1 said, on May 23, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Ack! Didn’t get to bed before the deluge. Those saberstats go out the window when they don’t work, I guess. Before today’s game: wRC+ Belt 103 Crawpuppy 61

61. twinfan1 said, on May 23, 2012 at 7:26 pm

I should have learned to not look here after i get ready to turn in. Anyway, whatever they do with first base, one should pray it doesn’t involve moving Buster there full time or Pablo. Huff is actually the best alternative if they do bail on Belt. Which I suspect they’re ready to do. It’s obvious from watching his at bats, he’s doesn’t know whether to swing or wind his watch. It’s similar to the conundrum Kruk talks about with pitchers: “don’t walk him but don’t give him a good pitch to hit”… he is totally fucked up right now and I’m not saying that’s on anybody but him. He’s having a tough time balancing the patience being preached on the one hand and aggressiveness on the other. Although it doesn’t help the coaching staff seems undecided as well. Anyway, the alternatives are Posey,Pablo, Huff,Pill. One way or the other I think any of those hurts more than helps.. it seems that a lot is waiting on the return of Panda, probably this too.

• blade3colorado said, on May 23, 2012 at 7:46 pm

POTD. ‘Nuff said. Nite all . . .

• Flavor said, on May 23, 2012 at 8:05 pm

great post.

62. DJLoo said, on May 23, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Hope AZ can hang on tonight…

• mrmrbill said, on May 23, 2012 at 9:12 pm

11-2 in the 7th … I should hope they can! Though, they’ve blown some good leads recently.

• mrmrbill said, on May 23, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Okay, 11-4 7th … teh meltdown begins.

63. zumie said, on May 23, 2012 at 9:31 pm

BF has a new thread up!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 457 other followers