Whatdyathink?

Posted in Uncategorized by chipower9 on July 10, 2012

I’m keeping it simple today, Flappers. No, not because I’m slacking or anything like that, but because this has been something that has been on my mind over the past month or so, and I am interested to hear your take. But before I get into today’s thread, I wanted to share a thought.

How Fricking Cool is it that our beloved Giants have FOUR players who will be STARTING (not just representing) for the Senior Circuit tonight? Not only that, but they represent the starting battery and an OF and IF position. Has a Giant battery EVER started an AS game? I am pretty good at digging up archaic bits of information, but not sure I can drill-down on this one (anyone game?). Regardless, I just think it is awesome that we have four starters in tonight’s game!

Anyway, what I wanted to throw out there for you all to chew on is what do you feel are the three most important things needed to make the Giants more competitive in the second half? What makes their chances of winning the West that much stronger, and of going deep in the playoffs that much more a reality?

My take on it has changed like drifting sands as the team plugged along in the first half. Is one of the three priorities signing a RH bat with some pop? Is it most important that Tim finds his mojo and becomes the Big Time Timmy Jim of old? Throw your thoughts out there in priority-order, or not (hell, by the time today’s thread runs its course, it very well may have changed).

Personally, and not in any particular order, my three are:

A right-hand bat with power (does not need to be a starter)…this could be a 4th OFer or a guy who can play the corners

A right-hand middle reliever (think Mota) who can come in for a tough inning, or give you multiple innings

Tim to find his mojo.

There you have it Flappers…let it fly!

About these ads

1. twinfan1 said, on July 10, 2012 at 7:44 pm

I think I remember that. But I told Zeke you’d predict it ;-)

2. Alleykat said, on July 10, 2012 at 7:50 pm

God I rather have root canal this listen to both those clowns(sorry Bozo) McCarver and Buck.

3. blade3colorado said, on July 10, 2012 at 7:51 pm

If I am Chapman, I try to come up with an additional pitch (preferably a change up) to complement his slider and fastball.

4. DJLoo said, on July 10, 2012 at 7:53 pm

First guy to congratulate Cain as he entered the dugout after the 2nd inning: David Wright

• Alleykat said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Yeah Matt said thanks,then said I’ll still bean ya if you crowd the plate.

5. blade3colorado said, on July 10, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Wow . . . Good play by Andrus and also, I like how McCutchen flew down the 1st base line.

6. zumiee said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Is Wilson the first to wear the technicolor shoes at an All-Star game? A lot of the guys were doing it this year. It’s smart marketing from Nike. Your eyes are drawn to the shoes, and you see the Nike swoosh.

7. Flavor said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Hey, whattya know, I found it. So this qualifies as a good one, right? Maybe not no-hitter worthy, but close?

“Flavor said, on June 19, 2012 at 6:38 pm (Edit)
    I watch the beginning innings and I usually catch the end, though I’ve missed most of several games over the last 10 years. There really isn’t a lot of action. Plus, we have quite the history of failure from our SF Giants. But I’m going to throw out my third prediction of the year, the 2nd since *the prediction* so feel free to pat me on the back after it happens: Melky wins the MVP of the game. Book it.”

Of course, it still has to happen but I am counting my chickens…….

• blade3colorado said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Simply amazing and very, very, very weird. Too much shit has happened tonight, where I am going to make my own prediction . . . Gulp . . .

Giants are a lock for the World Series this year. As the numero uno prophet Flav says, “Book it.”

• zumiee said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Ha!
      Awesome!

• Bozo said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Trifecta.

8. Alleykat said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Yeah Buck,.Real fans especially on the West Coast,know how winners like the Giants stuff ballot boxes and online cause were WINNERS!!!! and you a.d your fucking Tool McCarver are NOT!!!!

• zumiee said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:17 pm

The entire history of All-Star game voting is about ballot box stuffing. It’s allowed. Someone should let Buck in on that bit of knowledge.

9. Alleykat said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Real fantastic Stat for the NL A/S teams the last 3 years,.070 ERA.

10. blade3colorado said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:18 pm

The National League dominated from 1950 to 1987, winning 33 of 42 with 1 tie. This included a stretch from 1963 to 1982 when it won 19 of 20, including 11 in a row from 1972 to 1982. Personally, I remember the aforementioned period as the National League OWNING the American League.

Since 1988 the American League has dominated, winning 18 of 23 with 1 tie, including a 13 game unbeaten streak (12-0-1) from 1997 to 2009. The National League ended their 13 year drought with a 3-1 victory in 2010 and won again most last year. Looks like we are back to the National League dominating . . . as it should be. :-)

• zumiee said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:22 pm

The AL domination era coincides with the height of the steroid era. Coincidence? And now there’s better balance in baseball, and pitching is more dominant again, and the NL is showing itself to have the more dominant pitching once again.

• blade3colorado said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Grin. Yeah, they were probably cheating during their period of domination. Cheaters! :-)

• Alleykat said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Damm Right Blade!!! NL Bitchslapped the Junior Pee Wee league as it should.ALWAYS BE!!!

11. Flavor said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:26 pm

and……..Boo–ya! I am putting together quite the trophy case of predictions this year. Of course, I would put Blade’s above ALL OF THEM if his comes true!!!!!!!!!!!!

• blade3colorado said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Damn, that would be sweet! Going to put a lot of psychic energy into that one coming true.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:35 pm

yulp

• blade3colorado said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:36 pm

OK, OK, a lot of “Yulp” energy too . . . Spiritual prayer also . . . A lot of OMMMMMMMM chants too.

12. blade3colorado said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I’m glad that KC fans get to enjoy Melky this evening . . . However, we get him back tomorrow. LMAO.

13. Alleykat said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Fuck thats a Bad Ass looking Camero that are MVP MVP MVP MElKY CABERA was presented.And no Fuck you Bud if you think your.even allowed to touch that bad boy.Melky only let’s the Melkmaids in that rig.

14. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:32 pm

I am not LaRussa’s biggest fan, but nice moves, Tony, the Human Raccoon.

15. PawlieKokonuts said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Erin Andrews’s interview w/ Pablo used the term “stuffing” the ballot box. Wrong word choice, Sweetie. Save that for Florida in 2000 and Florida in 2012. SF fans voted fair and square in a contest that — like NJ and Chicago — allows you to vote often.

• blade3colorado said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Interesting that you mentioned Florida . . . Also, appropriate, since she graduated from Florida, i.e., she is familiar with their nefarious politics.

16. ewisco said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:43 pm

wowzer! what a night. Flav i hate to break the news to you but if you closed the blog, you’d have no place to post your predictions. you’d be the guy with the hole in one but you were golfing by yourself. and a shout out to ted. hang in there my man. lastly a truly wonderful game for us and the NL. it was a game that highlighted the few, the proud, the gigantics.

night lads.

• Flavor said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:46 pm

you’re making it hard for me to keep a POTD up for longer than 2 mins, lol. This is it tomorrow morning. And with that, I’m out. Good night Flappers…….

• PawlieKokonuts said, on July 10, 2012 at 9:08 pm

I gladly pass the POTD baton to ewisco. G’night, gurlz.

Hope things improve, TedSpe. Really.

17. blade3colorado said, on July 10, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Night Flav . . . Night Flappers.

18. twinfan1 said, on July 10, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Well, I just hope 78 has read today’s posts and realizes that everyone wants him back. I sure do. Goodnight.

19. snarkk said, on July 10, 2012 at 9:21 pm

I saw about 1/2 the game at a brew pub with the Snarkkettes in tow. Good beer, good game. Congrats to all the Giants. Damn did they do all of us proud. I’m stoked that I was dead wrong on predicting an AL win with all their big bats. I’m going to go on the ESPN blog tonight and just kick some ECoast ether ass about Panda and Melky and Cain — and love it. NL has the damn WS edge now — that’s a big plus…

20. twinfan1 said, on July 10, 2012 at 9:29 pm

That’s two years in a row our guys did their city proud. Pablo is now 2 for 3, 4 RBI in the games.

21. tedspe said, on July 10, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Giants…Fucking…RUUUUUULED this All-Star Game!!!!
    RUUUUULED!!!!!
    Fuck every mofo with attitude.Yall’s not wright. Yall’s wrong.
    Every Giant–to a FUCKING tonenail–
    RUUUUUULED.
    Allow me to say that again…

22. tedspe said, on July 10, 2012 at 11:08 pm

RUUUUUUUUULED

23. tedspe said, on July 10, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Still staring at that revolver. Still staring. But…
    Goodnight, gentlemen (?)

• blade3colorado said, on July 11, 2012 at 6:19 am

Ted, it is morning here and I just saw this . . . What the fuck? I hope you weren’t serious about that message because it wasn’t funny. Give me a call any time you need to talk (303-697-2247) or email, blade3colorado@yahoo.com

24. Sportdude said, on July 11, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Thanks for keeping things going Craig!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 452 other followers