Those pesky Dodgers….

Posted in Uncategorized by zumiee on July 22, 2012

John Nance “Cactus Jack” Garner, U.S. Vice President from 1933-1941, once famously said: “The Vice Presidency isn’t worth a warm bucket of spit.” Well, a Wild Card spot isn’t quite that bad, but it sure ain’t what it used to be. It’s all about winning the division title these days, and it looks to be a classic Giant/Dodger battle for the division crown in 2012. There are a lot of ways to compare the Giants and Dodgers at this point of the season- their strengths, and also the things that need improvement. But another way to compare them is the schedule they both have to play the rest of the way. Who does the schedule favor?

And speaking of baseball schedules (if I may digress), I dig baseball schedules in all their incarnations. Especially pocket schedules and refrigerator magnet schedules. Whenever I’m doubting the human race, I try to remember that a species that invented baseball and refrigerator magnet schedules can’t be all bad. At the beginning of the season, it all comes down to what the Jimmy Fallon character says in the movie “Fever Pitch”: “A new season is a clean slate.” And here we are now, with over half the slate now turned into boxscores. The Giants have 36 homegames left, 32 roadgames. The Dodgers have 32 homegames left, 35 roadgames. The Giants have a few more games left against under-.500 teams than the Dodgers do (although that depends on what the opponents’ records are at any given moment, of course.) So, it’s a modest advantage to the Giants regarding the schedules, except….for those last 3 games of the season being at Dodger Stadium. But, on the other hand, by a fluke of the MLB scheduling computer, L.A. has 8 games to play against the Cardinals left on the schedule, after already having played them 3 times earlier in the season; while the Giants have 3 games left with the lowly Astros, after already having played them 6 times.

Will the Dodger pitching hold up? Will Kemp keep up a torrid pace for the next 2+ months? Will the Dodgers get Dempster? How concerned are you about the Dodgers?

About these ads

1. Robbie Lou said, on July 22, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Ok, so what has Nate done for himself this weekend? Won a few more starts, or granted the trade he alluded to?

2. Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Take a picture, Duck Tail. It lasts longer. Shitty AB. Why haven’t I tossed him in the river yet?

3. Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I need some clarification. Is Romo our new closer? Because if he is, he’s coming in a NON-save situation.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:00 pm

do the results of this inning have anything to do with the follow up posts on this brand new, fresh topic?

• Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Don’t shoot the messenger just because he delivers some unfortunate, yet timely and correct news.
        Actually, go ahead and shoot if that’s your preference. I’m a firm believer in capital punishment.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:21 pm

yes, talk about it all you want. I just wanted to know if we need to round up the old jury and get them back in court or if you’re vetting a new group.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I’m almost positive that you *rested your case* on this topic back in late May or so. No?

• Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:18 pm

You’re right, I think I did. But is it OK if I mention it when it comes to my fantasy closers? Because I have gotten dicked in the last few days by my closers who pitched in NON-save situations.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:23 pm

4. Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I’m gonna have a few beers but don’t worry, it’s just the 4% type. I’m leaving the 8 percenters in the fridge for Berger…… :)

5. DJLoo said, on July 22, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Flav: Any idea what happened to SanDawg & PaulinAsia?

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:02 pm

yeah, San Diggity is out and about in San Diego, he emailed me last weekend. Asian Paul was in the states until a couple of weeks ago and he just went back to ‘Nam. I know he’s not working anymore and don’t know if he’s now retired or if he just decided to move on from his job as a teacher at the business school there. I saw some pics on facebook, the party they had for him was spectacular. Those students loved the guy

6. snarkk said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Nate’s public complaining has worked tremendously. Now, he ought to demand a long term deal at $10M per year. That’ll get him to hit .400 for at least, uh, three games…

7. eddacker said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Romo 11 pitches, 8 for strikes and we get a turn with some at bats

8. Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Take the fucking bat off your shoulders you worthless piece of shit. Belt doesn’t even deserve a Bud Light now.

9. Salty said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Sabean has to be searching hard for a RH bat

10. Salty said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:12 pm

I knew that would inspire Christian.

11. eddacker said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:13 pm

back at the start of the season I asked for Belt to get 500 ABs and he receently passed 200. He has a decent upside and these ABs are paying for it, it will come.

• snarkk said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:15 pm

He should have been getting all those ABs in Fresno, but circumstances put him up to the bigs too early…

• eddacker said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:24 pm

in 273 ABs @ Fresno he had a .291 avg and .971 OPS he needs to face ML pitchers, IMO

• snarkk said, on July 22, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I’ve already exhaustively discussed how many plate appearances Belt had in the minors total, and at AA and AAA, compared to other successful major leaguers before they were brought up. He has had half the PAs of what McCutchen and Freddie Freeman had before they were brought up. Some people are ready early, some aren’t and need more seasoning in the minors. If Huff hadn’t disappeared, Belt would be happily in Fresno this whole season and getting tons of ABs every night, generating confidence in different situations, and would be up in September for a look see. Instead, IMO he’s been rushed up and fucked with by management. Less than half a season in both AA and Fresno was not enough…

12. snarkk said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:14 pm

I say you gotta send Christian to steal here. If he gets thrown out, whatever. Theriot is a singles hitter, so a double or better is unlikely, but Theriot’s patented single up the middle scores Christian from second….

• snarkk said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Well, half of that worked. Good effort by Christian…

13. Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:14 pm

I don’t want to be a downer but the Giants have the 3rd best batting average against lefties in the NL this year–.264.
    And I *think* I recently heard that they have a very good record against them but I can’t be sure of that one…..

14. Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Nate just under what woulda been his third homer on the day. It probably was for the best.
    I woulda got 20 drunken Berger messages on my answering machine with him screaming Nate’s name.

• eddacker said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:42 pm

berger sounds like my kinda guy, youse two must be a riot

15. manny said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:27 pm

In my best Harry Carey voice “Let’s get some runnnns”.

16. Robbie Lou said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Affeldt joins my list of mutterers even after a lights out inning. Shaking his head and (presumably) swearing like a Del Mar equine.

17. Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Heart of the lineup coming up in the 11th. Better Heart. The hearts of romaine lettuce or the artichoke?
    I’m a romaine fan myself.

18. Salty said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Mets just tied it up in the 9th

• Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I guess one of my fantasy closers, Kenley Jansen, wasn’t available today. The Bums brought in shitty-ass Guerra to try and close it out. No surprise he coughed it up.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:43 pm

so if the jury has questions about this new evidence that you’re submitting, are you saying that Guerra, by being a non-closer in a non-save situation, supports or doesn’t support *the case*?

• eddacker said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:47 pm

the mind boggles

• Robbie Lou said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I start to think sometimes when I try to follow this, I am living in the fantasy league.

19. Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:52 pm

shit. At least Belt swung during that at bat. Crawford with a better batting average than Belt on the year? Yikes……

20. eddacker said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:53 pm

buriss doesn’t seem to have any trouble swinging :(

21. snarkk said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Right there, I would imagine we’ve seen Belt’s last AB for a while. Whether until Sept or forever in a SF uni, I dunno. The bench weakness becomes glaring in extras…

22. Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:54 pm

That might be one of the worst at bats I’ve ever seen from a guy who struck out on 3 pitches (Burriss). he didn’t come within feet of the ball with those swings…..

23. Bozo said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Two out hitter Theriot.

24. Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Have I mentioned lately how my fantasy hitters can’t hit worth a shit for avg.? I’m dead fucking last in that category. If it wasn’t for my stellar pitching [no jinx, knock on wood] I’d be in big trouble. I had two more stellar performances today by Lynn and Detwiler (who I just p/u again today) to bolster my stats. Detwiler has been a sneaky sleeper of mine. I have him in more than a few leagues.

Who was it that just dropped Shields? Was that you, Fuck you, Bozo!?!?!? And didn’t you just try and trade him to me for Kenley? I might have fallen off the turnip truck, but it sure in the hell wasn’t yesterday. I think he still has No. 1 or No. 2 status at the least. I know his first half wasn’t anything to write home about, but his velocity is still there and so are his K’s. I’m taking a chance on Shields…at least for the time being.

And I wouldn’t mind taken a swing at Brooke Shields either.

This just in: Belt continues to blow like the Summer Wind (music by Henry Mayer, lyrics by Johnny Mercer.)

• Bozo said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Dude I’m getting close to maxing out on number of starts, so first I tried to trade Shields to you and when you didn’t want to trade, I dropped the fuck. If you just picked him up, I hope he gives you the same numbers he gave me through the first half.

Hey Del, I’ve got Belt wanna trade?

25. Sportdude said, on July 22, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Shit Mets and Gmen led off with doubles at the same time and both stranded. Not to call anyone out but Belt has to get Crawford to 3rd. Killing me!

26. Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Gawd, at this point we can’t have Nate getting hurt! One more bomb and he might be worthy of a *Wells/Nate” swap straight up. :)

27. Robbie Lou said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Bochy incapable of going small ball and I’m guessing it’s a head size issue.

28. Robbie Lou said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I’m pretty sure no one looks more ridiculous with those high socks than Penny.

• twinfan1 said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:13 pm

He loooks like a homeless K-Mart Santa Claus..
      I ‘m ready for Hal, I mean, Todd, Linden..

29. Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:09 pm

whatever. We went 4-2 on the road trip. I’m happy with that. Time to go home. Hopefully a new* bench* is waiting for them when they arrive…….

30. Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Well, that ending sucked. But 2 outta 3 from both Atlanta and Philly? I got nothing to bitch about.
    Well, we all know that’s not true. But I’ll spare you guys for the time being.

• Robbie Lou said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:19 pm

So you’re not betting Penny is the new closer?

31. Bozo said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Tough loss, good road trip.

Those extra special Philly fans can now go celebrate in vats of cheese whiz.

32. eddacker said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:10 pm

giants on the field @ phoneball park in 15 hours, better git home and git after some padres

33. Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:14 pm

And Flav, since Bozo brought up the subject about maxing out on your SPs. I know it jives within the framework of the rules, but is it ethical to start a shitload of pitchers and then have nine RPs in your lineup for the last month or so. Is this a preferred strategy? Just asking.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:20 pm

ethically, that’s fine if you want to do that. It never works, though. Loading up on starting pitching and blasting past the innings number doesn’t work for one main reason: You can’t find enough good, qualtiy pitchers to send out in mass on a daily basis without them fucking up your WHIP and your ERA—and wins are no guarantee for any pitcher, much less a *#5* who you trot out there off the WW. And *usually* if you’re starting so many SP’s each day you are pretty thin on the # of closers you send out there. So you end up being dominant in SO’s and fucked everywhere.
      Bad strategy, IMO

• Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:29 pm

OK, thanks. I’m still in the minus category for starts (-7) coming into today. I figured it was best to economize and use your starts accordingly.

• Bozo said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Ethical? I don’t know but I’ll let you know if it works, It probably would have been a better strategy if I had gotten more wins out of my SPs.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:21 pm

BLADE’S cousin is trying it, he’s WAAAAY over where he should be in total innings.

• Bozo said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I didn’t really think about it until lately. Because I was maxing out, I thought dropping one guy would even the whole thing out. Shields hadn’t given me much so I thought dropping him wouldn’t hurt if I could sneak a win and lower my ERA and WHIP with a reliever.
        It wasn’t a planned strategy by any means but with DMD picking up Shields, I may have come across a very diabolical plan.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I owned Shields in an espn league and finally traded him a few days ago–Luckily, I got his one good start in forever during the trade-wait period, so at least I got to kick his ass out the door off a good start (they’re few and far between this year as you’ve noticed, Bozo). He gives up way too many hits, most in the league, He’s good at fucking up your WHIP.
        I traded him for Broxton, which was a bit speculative on my part. I think the Royals have to trade him to a contender but that doesn’t mean he’ll close. Risky. But whatever, I got that hit-machine off my roster.

34. Robbie Lou said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Can’t help but wonder if there will be a follow-up discussion between Nate and Bochy, though I doubt these things ever happen. Can anyone imagine Nate walking into Bochy’s office, asking whoever is in there to leave, closing to door and saying, “what’s it gonna be Boch?”

• willedav said, on July 22, 2012 at 3:05 pm

At least with a couple bombs he puts his value back into bochy’s mind. Everyone is going to need a rest, and maybe now Nate’s first call instead of cristian. The mgr obviously would prefer the back up to shine instead of racking up an 0h fer. I think it’s interesting bochy didn’t lead off with pagan when he sat blanco.
      all kinds of different ways to motivate players, too. Maybe bochy wanted to see some pushback and have Nate show him he deserved more PT.

35. snarkk said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Yeah, the 4-2 is a good trip. Take it for sure, especially compared to that Nats and Bucs disaster, but we all know it could / should have been better. Later, Flappers…

36. eddacker said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:21 pm

someone asked about schedule, I did notice that after this Thursday’s rest day they play 19 straight. 12 @ home.
    Blade pointed out that 13 of those are against teams we should beat. 4 of the away games are in St. Louis. half of the home games are against the dogers and our old Nemesis the Nats. Here’s a cold pint raised to momentum and keeping it for the next three weeks, which take us to the next travel day 16 August.

37. snarkks said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Kruk and Kuip busy now just dumping big time on Belt. Across 50,000 watts. If he were Huff, probably barely a word. No criticism of anybody else that left RISP. Yeah, he’s sucking, but they’re essentially calling for him to be drawn and quartered, practically breathless. Burriss struck out, too at that same situation. What has Belt, a kid thrown to the wolves from not enough time in the minors, done to deserve this kind of public flogging by management and by the Giants voices? Yet, Huff takes $22 million and disappears, with barely a whisper from Kruk and Kuip. Absolutely shameful. Now, I’m out…

• Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Excellent comment, Snarkk. But you know K&K. They protect veterans like they were their first born male child. Always have. Always will.

• snarkk said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Whatever the reason, DMD, it’s inexcusable and time they stop it. This kid is sucking, but he’s not the only guy not getting hits and knocking in runs. Today included. They were 0 for 11 or something like that with RISP. Not just Belt. It’s all well and good for us here and other blogs to bash the players, but when one vulnerable kid is singled out by very powerful voices like K & K, that is just way over the line and wholly unprofessional, in my book. They are poisoning the chance of this talented kid ever performing well for this organization. And, I just DO NOT understand one bit of it. HE knows he’s sucking, we all know it, so why target him in a tirade out over the Giants network as apparently single-handedly responsible for the loss? K & K can go suck a lemon on the flight home…

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:47 pm

the reason Belt is catching so much shit is because of the length of time he’s sucked this year and how he looks when he’s in a slump–his body language is terrible. It’s impossible to ignore, frankly……..

• Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Snarkk, I wholeheartedly agree. K&K have gone out of their way in singling Belt out as the main culprit. It’s like they’ve made him their own personal “whipping boy.” The fans know he’s struggling. I’ve been first and foremost to jump on his ass. But my silly comments don’t count. But Kruk and Kuip’s sure the hell do. And Bochy’s earlier comments didn’t help either. The poor kid’s confidence is at an all-time low. He needs a hand on his shoulder. Not a foot up his ass.

• zumiee said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Everything about K&K’s broadcasting is “ex-ballplayer,” the good and the bad. You get the humor, stories, and insight; but you also get the over-protecting of veterans, and their chuckling at women in the crowd with a pro-ballplayers sense of entitlement.

38. Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I never like tooting my own fantasy horn, but I think my recent p/u of Greg Holland from KC should pay some dividends once Baby Huey is traded at the deadline. And Holland after his hideous start has been money of late. He provides a great K/ratio from a RP. 53 K’s in only 36 IP.

• DJLoo said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:41 pm

“Baby Huey” will always make me think of Seattle Slew…

• Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I’m sure you saw the recent announcement that Belmont winner, Union Rags, was just retired. And with I’ll Have Another on his way to go stand in Japan, all of this year’s Triple Crown winners have been retired. I’m not kidding. At the rate they’re sending horses to early retirement, they’re gonna have to start running the Triple Crown for 2 yos. I can’t stand what these people have done to our breeding industry. It makes me sick to my stomach. It’s come to the point where I’m focusing more of my attention to the horses from across the pond. They still do it right.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 3:15 pm

agree with you on what’s happened to the breeding industry but it’s very hard for an owner to say *no* to that kind of money. I seem to recall that it was Sunday Silence who broke the seal in the biggest way in terms of our horses heading to Japan to be bred. Could be wrong, but that’s how I remember it……..

• Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:49 pm

And in keeping with the fantasy closers, my cupboard was bare for the first 6-8 weeks. I couldn’t buy a goddamn save. Then Guerra showed his true colors and Jansen was rightfully promoted. Motte was my one established closer from the get-go. Then I fortunately lucked into Clippard, Janssen and Tom Wilhelmsen becoming the head cheeses. I currently have five closers on my roster. Although Clippard is doing his darnedest to cough it up back to Storen. Hence my p/u of Holland.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:56 pm

yep, that’s the way fantasy baseball goes. And if you go auto (pussy) draft, like we did, the churn and burn can be even more pronounced. I was drafted 10 pitchers (or 11 I can’t remember) on draft day and I only have 2 left on my team (Yu Darvish and Anibel Sanchez).

39. Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 2:53 pm

The Giants can’t just wave a magic wand and fix the bench. With Belt, Pagan and Blanco struggling (all to different degrees) there’s a good chance that Nate gets more starts in the OF and that leaves fucking Burriss and Christian on the bench? And Belt if Posey’s playing first base? Fuck that, better not go extra innings…..
    Our bench is atrocious, even worse than the bench we had on the 2002 WS team. I don’t remember all of them, but I remember the *feared* Shingo was our DH in at least a game of 2 in the WS. There was Torrealba behind the dish as the back up. Not bad actually. Tom Goodwin was also an outfielder on the team. And I think Feliz might have still been on the team, but not starting……..
    Sabean’s got to do some seriously creative things to fix the bench and it’s going to be difficult because if you play Nate more then you don’t just need one new bench guy, you need a new bench guy to replace Nate and then ANOTHER new bench guy to fill the hole we already have……

• snarkk said, on July 22, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I can’t leave. Ha. I totally agree. I think the lack of bench strength is more critical than getting another reliever. We’re losing games by one run, not 2 or 4. The pitching is fine compared to the bench weakness. Better bench players can get that one run in that we need…

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 3:13 pm

absolutely. Christian got a hit today but does he strike anyone as a *secret weapon* pinch hitter? Negative. And if Nate takes over Blanco’s spot in the OF then we have some weird redundancy with Christian AND Blanco both on the bench. Double negative. At this point, I wouldn’t mind Pill on the bench. He had some good swings though seemed to get exposed when he started. But I’m lukemediumwarm on that idea……
        And Burriss, who fooled me with a nice run to start the season after Theriot went to the DL, is just completely overmatched as a hitter. t’s fairly amazing that a position player who can’t hit and who isn’t that good at defense and who was drafted 6 years ago is still in the league and has accumulated 2.152 years of major league service……

40. Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 3:00 pm

technical question: Do any of you guys use Yahoo sports regularly to check box scores? I use it religiously because I like the interface and the box score loads super quickly (unlike ESPN or mlb.com).
    But they have added so much shit to the sports page, more recently promoting a bunch of twitter links, blog links and more ads, that it takes at least 3 or 4 seconds for the page to load the scores link.
    Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
    I have tried loading it in different browsers and at work and it does the same thing everywhere.
    Thought?

• willedav said, on July 22, 2012 at 3:14 pm

I like cbs site for scores…they are often a little behind, but the game tracker gives decent pitch descriptions plus scoring and the whole roster–starters and bench/pen. Plus you can follow blogger comments, often hilarious.
      what got me started was cbs NFL scores site for the scores etc all around the league, which is really cool with all kinds of info (drives, down distance etc) right up front. as you can guess, the blog comments if you track the game are even more intense.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 3:21 pm

thanks. I’ll check it out, I use CBS sports for all my *player news* info–it’s not as accurate and up to date as it was last year but better than most. The only blogger comments though that I read are here–at least consistently. On this big national sites there’s always like 6000 comments and most of them are really whacked out and way off topic. And I don’t read the Splash at all anymore (not for years actually, I check in once every 3 or 4 months) because half the shit there gets deleted.Now I ask you, who moderates their blog better, me or The Splash? It’s cool, I already know the answer. :)

• Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 4:39 pm

No, not personally. I usually follow along with the MLB.com gameday when we’re playing. Then I jump from game to game to check on my fantasy players. But for the quickest and most up-to-date info, I constantly monitor Twitter. I follow quite a few of the baseball/fantasy “Insiders” on a daily basis. That’s where I found about the latest injuries and new closer situations. i.e., Janssen, Clippard and Wilhelmsen.

41. Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Dennis I just sent you another email, can you check it and get back to me?

42. ewisco said, on July 22, 2012 at 3:06 pm

If memory serves, nate had that big series in NY earlier. Wouldn’t you think that an east coast team would take a serious look? he seems to hit much better there (hot weather? surprising for a danville boy). I agree with BF that Burriss’ at bat was just horrendous. a god awful third swing. Belt looks like he’s waving more than swinging. Panda doesn’t seem to hit well with RISP. Pagan slumping. you’d think he might heat up on an east coast swing where he’s familiar with the parks and the pitchers. blanco seems to respond to getting a day so we’ll see when they get home. it wouldn’t surprise me to see blanco in cf with nate in right. wouldn’t surprise me to see nate on the bench though either. is crawford coming into his own? What we’re seeing is the guy we hoped to see. will it continue?

43. Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Detour to the Penn St mess: Sounds like it’s going to be a year bowl ban and a bunch of lost scholarships. I’m not sure how I feel about that. Ohio St got a year ban for players getting free tattoos, how the fuck could Penn State get the same ban?
    I hope the NCAA makes an allowance for the players to transfer with a no *waiting* period. This is a special circumstance and if a kid wants to get the fuck out of there he should be able to do so without penalty. The players didn’t do anything, how is taking away a bunch of scholarships supposed to help? All that does is ensure the team comes in last place. They still sell out. They still make a shitload of money. The school needed to get hit where it hurts the most–their bank account. The official announcement comes out tomorrow on what the penalties are but I didn’t read anything about the school getting devastated financially. That’s the only way you make them pay for this atrocity, they don’t pay for shit by losing a bowl game and having a shitty team while the ride out the lost scholarship time. The only people that get hurt in that situation are the kids. And by *kids* I’m talking about the players. It seems the *kids* are getting fucked a second time here. I don’t like this one bit……
    Personally, I was for a *lifetime* ban with a possibility to petition for reinstatement after 10 years……..

• ewisco said, on July 22, 2012 at 3:36 pm

i was onboard with a 3 year ban with the players being able to transfer. that’s the only way to make it hurt at the university level. that being said though, it’s not like you can transfer the actual scholarship and the income that went to help other athletes/students get into a d1 school is also gone. not sure there’s a good answer on this one except for jail time for the one’s that should have done better.

44. ewisco said, on July 22, 2012 at 3:33 pm

so I’m watching the A’s (yes i am! They’re scrappy this year and i love scrappy). Down 4-3 in the 8th, crisp gets on and steals second. no outs. next two batters can’t move him to third. carter hits one to deep third but chavez is able to throw him out. looked very familiar. btw, if Weeks can ever find his swing and get on base regularly, that’s not a half bad lineup, though their averages SUCK.

45. twinfan1 said, on July 22, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Most of us would probably feel a little better about Huff taking over if he wasn’t hitting .154 in the Steve Bilko league…

46. ewisco said, on July 22, 2012 at 3:42 pm

btw, i also loved the Edd’s POTD. One of the joys of this place is that there are some truly erudite and funny people. The down side to that is being wedged between Ted and Zumie out of the stable.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Agreed. I saw that and it went POTD instantly

47. Berger said, on July 22, 2012 at 3:44 pm

No one asked me on the noon baloon to Saskatoon, but Berger, the JR GM, has some thoughts. (I stole that line from Bud Tucker)

I’d sit Pagan for 2 to 4 games and put Blank Zero in CF.

Belt needs to go to Fresno where he’ll see more fastballs. That would allow him to get his rythm back. Then bring him back.

In the mean time Pill is a right handed power bat. If Pill takes the job, so be it. If he doesn’t, Belt will get his swing back in Fresno at some point this season.

Burris is looking more like a pinch runner than a pinch hitter.

We missed not having Hectror Sanchez today.

People keep telling me about Nat’s statitics. One thing I could do in baseball is hit. Nate is a completely different hitter since late last year. Instead of flicking the ball, ala Rod Carew, he is now more upright and away ferom the plate. He is now driving the ball. Something he picked up during last season. To me, he looks like a guy that has figured a few things out, finally.

And lastly, anybody notice when Nate hits a HR they go a long way? Today he hit one about 6 rows deep. For him that is a cheapy.

48. ewisco said, on July 22, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Smith one out solo homer in the ninth to tie it. they’re scrappy and they can bang.

• willedav said, on July 22, 2012 at 4:08 pm

interesting that in oaktown, not an HR friendly place like Yanks stadium, the A’s are outslugging NY. Two bombs off Sabathia today and now one off the pen. Also interesting Girardi brings Jeter off the bench to play late inning D and now he winds up at the plate in risp situation vs. Balfour.

49. Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Hey, Flav and Loo. I just got wind that Bob Baffert’s COIL is slated to run Thursday in a 100,000 optional claimer at Del Mar. This former G1 winner (last year’s Haskell) has been working up a storm for his return from last October. Bob himself has been touting this 4 yo Ch. colt by Point Given. Bob usually doesn’t do that. But when he does…

Good luck.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I forgot to mention his latest work: 1:10 and 4 Hg Friday at Del Mar. And the track has been playing slower than Alaskan molasses.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Thanks. I actually have nada on the schedule that day, I might hit the track for the fuck of it. I usually only play on big days with big fields (BC, Derby etc ).

• Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Here’s another one for you to watch. If for nothing else sentimental reasons…KAUAI KATIE (by Malibu Moon out of More Than Pretty) broke her maiden first time out Friday at the Spa in resounding style by 12 open lengths. This 2yo Todd Pletcher filly looks to be sumthin’ special. Graded Stks. company is up next for this one. You’ll probably won’t ever get a price on this girl, but she’ll be fun to watch nonetheless.

50. Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 4:28 pm

I agree with The Eight Percenter (Berger). In the beginning of the year I didn’t think Belt should be playing because I think you should earn your starts and not have them handed to you unconditionally. Do SOMETHING–well, he did start to hit a little for a month and that was great. But now, he’s so lost, I think it’s counter productive to his development to go to the plate right now. Send him down to work on shit. Matt Williams got sent down at least twice, I think.
    Bring Pill back up and let him play till the break. Sabes can still get someone by then. Think about it: Pill can’t do worse than striking out and/or making an out. He might even pop a few which I don’t see Belt doing right now unless he’s in Fresno.

• twinfan1 said, on July 22, 2012 at 4:58 pm

There was a competion between him and Huff- which he won hands down. Saying he didn’t earn it is nonsense. Now is a different story. But they’ll probably go with Pablo and Posey a lot at first until Huff is deemed ready.

• twinfan1 said, on July 22, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I don’t remember, who is it that you say did earn it?

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 5:08 pm

ST is bullshit, that’s a worthless competition. But I didn’t have a problem at all with Belt starting the year as the first baseman (based off the decent yr he had the yr before). The only thing I harped on in ST was that BOTH Huff and Belt wouldn’t be in the OD LU. You were adamant that they would be and when it happened I gave you props for not wavering from that call.
        How’d that work out by the way?

• twinfan1 said, on July 22, 2012 at 5:20 pm

I said what the OD day LU would be- I didn’t call the dumbfuck move to bench Belt after 10 AB or fuck up his swing.
        BTW- YOU posted several times that you agreed with me on where Belt and Huff should be to open the season- you just didn’t think it would happen.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 5:35 pm

I probably did agree with you. It was a sound plan. I didn’t think they would do it because of my own misinterpretation of Bochy’s comments on Nate.
        I felt there were reasons that both should play (Huff’s *odd* year and Belt’s promise from ’11). But I wasn’t adamant about it and I had no problem bailing on both of them when it became clear that it was time to bail. I think Pagan should sit for a few games right now, too. He’s been awful. Am I betraying myself by saying that because he was one of my *guys* to start the season? No, and who cares anyway? It would be best for the team if he sat right now.
        And it would be best for the team if Belt was sent down. And if you want to attribute Belt’s epic failure this year to being sat down after the first 10 at bats and someone told Belt that he would probably say this to you: “Hey Mike, do you think I’m some kind of pussy? I’m no pussy. Stop making up shit about why I’m not hitting this year…”
        But of course, that would be me just guessing what he’d say to you…….

• twinfan1 said, on July 22, 2012 at 6:13 pm

I haven’t had any problem saying he should sit now. I’ve always been honest of player performance- whether I like him or not. But I’m not going to get dragged into another endless “discusson” with you on this. You end up, as now, misrepresenting what I say, then you go ballistic, then you delete posts, then you say I started it all. Been there done that. I won’t be discussing it with you anymore this evening.

51. Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Did Berger tell his story about the time he batted against Pill’s father? I’ve heard it many a times.
    I’ll let him tell it…

• Berger said, on July 22, 2012 at 4:56 pm

I never told you the story. I just told you I hit off of him. I grounded out to second twice. That was actrually an accomplishment. The guy usually threw a no hitter and struck out almost everybody he faced. There was no pitcher in our league close to how good he was. I heard he eventually threw his arm out. I’m not really sure on that one. The first time I saw Brett Pill I immediately knew who he was, he looks a lot like his dad, Mike Pill, but taller.

• twinfan1 said, on July 22, 2012 at 5:05 pm

I already posted that they should give Pill a shot ( again) at being the RH bat off the bench. That’s his role if he’ll ever have one.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Never told me the story? Yeah, right. And you never screamed “José Guillén!!!” onto my answering machine a gazillion times either.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 5:41 pm

I gotta say, if he left you that many messages about Guillen I might start hitting the delete button before I hit the play button. :)

52. snarkk said, on July 22, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Notice that the NCAA is giving out some penalty before they’ve even investigated it themselves. Normally, the NCAA moves at a glacial, glacial pace in these investigations. How long did it take for them to figure out the Reggie Bush thing — 5 YEARS? This PSU outrage just came into the public eye last November, the NCAA hasn’t done any of its own investigation that I know of, yet here we are just 8 months later with penalties coming down, of some sort. They must be hanging their hat on the Freeh report and some bogus reply from PSU to the NCAA’s general inquiries. More importantly, the NCAA had to stop the bad PR bleeding and do SOMETHING. If the penalties are not severe, you can bet there was some back room deal done between the NCAA and PSU for PSU to take a dagger early, not a big sword later. No coincidence they took down the Paterno statue today. The NCAA is a a money-corrupted organization and rotten to the core…

• Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Why don’t they just start paying the players and be done with it. Student athletes? Please stop. Don’t insult my intelligence. These players are bringing in millions of dollars to their respective universities. They work for you. So pay their asses.

53. ewisco said, on July 22, 2012 at 4:56 pm

one out base hit. sacrifice bunt. base hit to win it. The g’s should be watching. an historic 4 game sweep of spankees. mrs. w will be pissed.

• willedav said, on July 22, 2012 at 5:07 pm

crisp wins it…he’s kind of their version of pagan (maybe not as good a hitter but walks more). Last night he actually got picked off first base twice during the same AB by the yanks lefty. First time he stopped running and got himself in a rundown and the pitcher got involved, missed the tag and crisp got back to the bag. couple pitches later he got caught flat footed and tagged out trying to get back to the bag.
      may the yanks next trip here in october work out the same!

54. twinfan1 said, on July 22, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I think we’re doing alright. A’s will fade.

55. zumiee said, on July 22, 2012 at 5:17 pm

MLB network’s and ESPN’s ongoing lavish praise of Mike Trout has crossed now into hype, which is too bad, because hype can also turn off a lot of people. One of the ESPN pundits called his catch “the catch of the year.” Setting aside for a moment the fact that there’s still a lot of games left in the season, I don’t see how that’s the catch of the year over Blanco’s catch in the perfect game.

56. zumiee said, on July 22, 2012 at 5:34 pm

The Baseball Hall of Fame with a damning-with-faint-praise induction of Ron Santo. It’s like they’re saying: “OK, Santo, we’re going to finally let you in, but we waited until you died to do it, so you can’t enjoy the award while you were alive.”

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 5:39 pm

I know, it’s terrible. I’m *off* The Hall. They keep all the best players out. They let some of the ones who should have been in get in after they’re dead. It’s stupid. Stop big timin’ everyone and let the fucking players who should be in, get in! lol

57. Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I don’t really have a problem with espn calling Trout’s catch the *COTY*. Did you see how high he got? I think Blanco’s was better but they’re trying to sell shit, keep people watching the game. It’s not the worst transgression on their part.
    And as I’ve felt for at least a month, if I had to vote *today* I’d vote for Trout as AL MVP easily……

58. Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 5:55 pm

This just in: And to no one’s surprise, speed is dominating on the Jimmy Durante turf course at old Del Mar. And my favorite trainer, Bob Baffert, just won the San Clemente H. in front running style with Eden’s Moon. The only negative is that she only paid $3.80. But the best part of that race was watching her gallop back towards the winners circle. She looked like new fucking money even after running a mile. I’d run her back next week. And knowing Bob, if there was a race in the condition book that fit her, so would he.

• zumiee said, on July 22, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I happened to catch a little bit of Huell Howser’s on-the-road show today on PBS, and sure enough, part of the show was at that track. One of the people he interviewed said Tim Conway and Dick Van Patten were there all the time these days. Ouch, a far cry from the big stars that used to hang out there back in the day.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Yeah, those two are well known gamblers. Not just at the track, but Dick is a well known poker player. And his son, Vince, even more so. Not only does he play, but he’s co-host of the WPT TV show.

• zumiee said, on July 22, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Also the “Welcome Back, Kotter” guy, Gabe Kaplan does some broadcasting of poker on TV, I think.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 7:02 pm

He does and he’s very good at it. He knows the game and he’s funny and engaging.

59. Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 6:05 pm

by the way Snarkk, I did see that the NCAA had come to a decision without their own investigation and that they are just going with the Freeh Report. And that doesn’t surprise me despite agreeing with you that they are corrupt and *all about money.*
    This Penn State thing has crossed the line of *corrupt*. It is an ethical issue that almost can’t be topped, in my opinion. What the officials at Penn St allowed to happen (almost disgustingly supporting it, according to the Freeh Report) is too disturbing for normal human beings to even comprehend. The fact that the stars all aligned and 4 or 5 weirdo scumbags came together and looked past this travesty doesn’t mean that the NCAA will do the same. Or that they *should* do the same, even if they are corrupt.
    If you offered me 5 million dollars to protect a pervert like Sandusky and look the other way while it was happening there’s no way I do that. You could offer me 100 bazillion trillion dollars and I wouldn’t do it. I don’t care how removed the NCAA is from what actually happened. To preserve my belief in humanity, I choose to believe they wouldn’t do a back door deal with Penn State that would protect them in any way…..

• Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 6:13 pm

How’s the poker room at the Bay 101 Casino? I’ve never been.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 6:57 pm

it sucks. Everyone plays everything. *Family pot* on every hand. it’s a fucking lotto ticket down there. But it’s only 20 minutes away from my house and when I want to play that’s where I go.
        The only place I play in Reno (probably 4 or 5 weekends a year) is the El Dorado Poker Room. Hands down the best PR in Reno (in my opinion).

• snarkk said, on July 22, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Well, you have a kid and I have two, that brings this thing home more than anything. Not to say people with no kids don’t find this appalling. But, I think when you have kids of your own, this situation brings it to the personally incredulous level. Like you, someone could offer me endless money and whatever else to look the other way, but nothing, nada, would let me look the other way and let a child predator roam free in a workplace with me for FOURTEEN years, where I had to KNOW with virtual certainty that he WILL rape more kids. I’m not as sanguine about you re: the NCAA’s humanitarian leanings. We’ll see on the penalty, but anything short of the death penalty for a significant period of years will be an outrage heaped upon the outrage. Only the loss of millions will mean anything to these football factories, so if they continue to play ball on Saturdays, as far as I am concerned the penalties will be a slap in the face to the victims…

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 7:01 pm

I appreciate all the points you are making. Personally, I think that they KNEW he WAS raping them and continued to look the other way. That’s a dark theory and different from what you just said when you wrote that they *know with virtual certainty that he WILL rape more kids.” There’s also nothing in the Freeh Report that suggested this. But common sense tells you that they knew it was happening. They protected his office, they saw him with kids on campus all the tim. Whenever night fell and the locker room went dark…… It’s too disturbing for me to even keep typing…….

60. twinfan1 said, on July 22, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Just wondering- does the NCAA ever do anything to help the innocent young athetes left behind after penalties are imposed? Seems to me they should get help financially and logistically if they want to change schools. Is that done or are they just added to the victim list?

• snarkk said, on July 22, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I don’t know for sure, but I would wager on the latter. When an organization has a rule that allows head coaches to leave a team in mid-contract with no penalty, but requires his players to sit out a year if, as a result of his desertion (after recruiting them), they want to transfer, I don’t believe for a second that it has the players’ best interests at heart…

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 10:10 pm

They are added to the victim list in terms of being penalized for transferring. That’s why I said earlier that I hope they add something to this that allows them to leave w/o penalty. But I’m not holding my breath. If they transfer, they have to sit out a year. End of story.

61. blade3colorado said, on July 22, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I just got back from lunch/spending the day with an ex-girlfriend in Manitou Springs, a touristy area near Colorado Springs, an hour and a half from the Denver area. Anyway, this is where one of the fires occurred (the one where 350+ homes were destroyed). Whole neighborhoods gone and/or homes destroyed where their next door neighbor’s homes were spared. Very sad. My friend has a 4000 sq. foot home less than a half mile from where the destruction was. She said that the day the fire jumped the canyon, her indoor thermometer read 115 degrees F.

Fast forward to my hacienda, I finally got through all the posts. Do any of you know how long it takes to get through 350 fricking posts? Quite awhile is what it takes . . . Sheesh, who said there is a lack of participation and interest here?

In my book, 350 posts equals healthy Flap!

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 9:47 pm

she was still in the house when the thermometer was reading 115F? What the hell, lol? Was she roasting marsh mellows too? Why the hell hadn’t she been evacuated?

• blade3colorado said, on July 23, 2012 at 7:23 am

Good question (I asked her the same thing . . . LOL).

No, that was a couple of minutes before evacuating. As she was leaving, she checked the heater’s thermometer. The fire moved so fast, with 70 MPH sustained winds, that most people weren’t notified until the fire had jumped the canyon ridge. A total cluster fuck, coupled with the residential streets so clogged with traffic, that she only “inched” a mile or so away from her house in an hour. All the houses were destroyed in this area in 5-8 hours according to her.

62. Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Josh Hamilton has been killing my fantasy team as of late. The reformed alki needs a goddamn drink.

63. Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 7:46 pm

TF, I can’t remember if I thanked you for the heads up on the “Killing of a Chinese Bookie” film or not.
    I had not seen that Cassavetes great character study portrayed by Ben Gazzara. I enjoyed it immensely. Thanks.

• twinfan1 said, on July 22, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Gazzara was never better. Someone mentioned Stanislavski the other day- Gazzarra was of that school and unlike many others, he never mailed in a performance. He deserved more acclaim than he ever got.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 8:40 pm

I mentioned Stanislavski back on Chuck’s blog on July 13. It was in reference to that Bob Kraft video with his girlfriend at that audition tape. I said Bob wasn’t an obviously trained Stanislavski student, but he still got to go home to that hottie every night. Bob’s an Oscar winner in my book.

Goodnight.

64. twinfan1 said, on July 22, 2012 at 8:04 pm

I think Dirty makes his Rockie’s debut tomorrow against the DBacks.

65. Berger said, on July 22, 2012 at 8:05 pm

My opinion of Belt’s hitting is he has too much pre-swing movement. He stands open and then closes it just before swinging. I don’t know how open he should stand but he definitely heeds less movement in the lower body. He is not staying back on the ball and, and IMO, the lower body movement is putting him in motion too soon. He’s getting killed with soft stuff. I like the adjustments he’s made but he needs more. Remember, the kid is only 23. Somebody made a comment about Matt Williams going to the minors multiple times, and that was for the same problem, learning to hit the soft stuff. I think Belt will be fine, but for now he is really hurting us.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Oh go save your hitting coach BS for somebody else. Next thing I know you’ll be calling me to explain in detail the intricacies of Alex Smith’s footwork. I’m not drunk enough for that shit.

As Telly was wont to say, “Who loves ya, Baby?”

• Berger said, on July 22, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Just putting my 2 cents in. Time will tell if the kid makes it and what adjustrments he actually makes. My prediction is he makes it but he needs to simplify what he is doing.

66. Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 8:18 pm

And the ex-drunk K’s with 2 runners on and himself as the tying run at the plate.
    I got a right mind to put that POS on waivers tomorrow.

67. unca_chuck said, on July 22, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Is hitting coach your part time job, Bergs? Along with Alex Smith footwork adjuster? Along with interrnet stalking?

Dude, yer a sloppy drunk. Leave me out of your delusional posts. Go visit Spitty. He’s looking for someone to spoon.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Ha, relax. Some of your fellow stable boys came to your defense, vociferously I might add. It was over last night…..

• Berger said, on July 23, 2012 at 7:02 am

How did the guy you think sucks do? Two HRs, a great catch and a great series. I doubt you could hit your way out of a wet paper bag.

BTW, you going to any of the Bluedays events at Squaw Valley. Guitar Shorty, Jimmy Thackery and Coco Montoya are all playing on consecutive Tuesdays.

68. willedav said, on July 22, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Just saw the highlights of toronto boston, where the Jays scored 9 runs by first two innings yet sox left Lester in til the 5th. By the time they took him out the Jays had 11 runs and 4 bombs, including one over the Monsta by none other than our old buddy Rajai Davis. Hmmmn…bobby v a little pissed? fans sure were.
    Francona must feel for these guys, but he’s gotta realize he’s in a better place, even alongside orel.

• Flavor said, on July 22, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Your reference to Lester is a hint about tomorrow’s thread. That’s the only hint you get Muhuhaaaahaaha!!!!!

• willedav said, on July 23, 2012 at 7:51 am

Dennis is on for Monday, i’m on Tuesday, yours is on sched for wed…….right?

69. TedSpe said, on July 22, 2012 at 11:41 pm

I remember those cheers / They still ring in my ears / After years, they remain in my thoughts. / Go to one night / I took off my robe, and what’d I do? I forgot to wear shorts. / I recall every fall / Every hook, every jab / The worst way a guy can get rid of his flab. / As you know, my life wasn’t drab. / Though I’d much… Though I’d rather hear you cheer / When you delve… Though I’d rather hear you cheer / When I delve into Shakespeare / “A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse”, I haven’t had a winner in six months.
    Though I’m no Olivier / I would much rather… And though I’m no Olivier / If he fought Sugar Ray / He would say / That the thing ain’t the ring, it’s the play. / So give me a… stage / Where this bull here can rage / And though I could fight / I’d much rather recite /… that’s entertainment.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Bravo my fellow movie-loving friend. Bravo.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on July 22, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Hey. Speaking of which. I don’t know if you’re a fellow Twitter follower, but it’s a great source of entertainment knowledge. Many links to actors, directors, critics and everyone and anyone who’s in showbiz. I’ve benefited greatly by following the likes.

70. tedspe said, on July 22, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Sorry. Annoying. I know. But is was funner than typing–test–
    Been away all weekend. Will be next weekend as well.
    Reading all youse guys stuff.
    As always…that’s entertainement
    And nice Marshaling as well.
    You all take care. Try to play fair

71. unca_chuck said, on July 23, 2012 at 8:21 am

Guess I missed all the fun while I was as Pismo. Bergs is stalking me here now? Wonderful.

Nate has 23 HRs and 116 RBIs. A good solid year for a corner outfielder. Unfortunately, it took him 5.5 years to get there . . .

I bet the Scientologists sucked you in pretty easy . . .

72. Berger said, on July 23, 2012 at 8:59 am

Yes, and the lady from Romper Room can saee you too!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 496 other followers