Trying to Let The Melky Misery Go……

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 16, 2012

Pfffttttt…….I’m disgusted with this entire episode. Melky’s silence after Bagg’s issued that public apology still angers me the most. I know other things should, like his suspension and the lying and the fake stats and stuff…..But reading Baggs’ thread on 7/28 made me almost turn on the guy—one of my favorite Bay Area writers of all time—- and Melky just sat there in his little rat-hole, ignoring the apology, darting his eyes back and forth while he prayed for that *miracle ticket* out of this drug-induced mess….I guess when you’re a cheater and a liar you don’t give a sh!t about people that play the game by the rules—people that are living in a society– I wonder if Melky laughed out loud when he read Bagg’s public apology to him? To me, it was one or the other: “darting eyes” or “LQTHPS” (laugh quietly to his pathetic self). Maybe both. I can’t even think about this without wanting to spit in his face….And this has NOTHING to do with Barry or The PED Era or anything. Barry Bonds NEVER fucked his team like this.  No player of Melky’s status has done this to his team at this point in the season. Manny-Gate isn’t even a close comparision. He came to the Dodgers as an established star. He was just *Manny being Manny….” and he got popped.

The WORST part of all of this is that I got fucking tricked into believing something super-cool was happening. I knew in my brain that a guy on his 4th different team in 4 years who is leading the league in hits and runs and who’s hitting .350 and carrying around an all-star MVP trophy couldn’t really be happening.  But I still talked myself into believing it was real. I checked his near-.400 BABIP and dismissed it as an aberration. This was real.  I reveled and lol’d in the fall-out of us trading the guy with the worst ERA in the American League for the guy with the most hits in the National League.  THIS WAS FUCKING REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And then to find out it was all fake bullshit?  It was so deflating. And it made me feel like a dumb ass……
But I’m getting over it. It’s just one guy. And if there’s one thing I am certain of it’s that I care more about the following than any one person: THE San Francisco Giants. And just typing that has already started the healing process……..

About these ads

1. Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:27 pm

B-Craw is hitting .247 right now. Who had him at that at this point in the year? Anyone? Bueler? Bueler? And his defense has been spectacular for nearly 2 months now. I’ll take .247 all day long from that dude……

• willedav said, on August 17, 2012 at 10:02 pm

looks solid out there, growing up each month. And still more rbis than *all star* bryce harper has, in less ABs.

• snarkk said, on August 17, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Yep, if Crawfish can hit around .250 for the season with the occasional double, and pretty much is pickin’ it now at SS with great range, that’s friggin golden right there. Compare that to the past of Rent with a crippled elbow, the occasional Miggy cement shoe two step, and Orlando Cabrera droppin pop-ups, fer Kreissakes. There’s no comparison…

2. zumiee said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Atlanta’s Kimbral went 1-2-3 in his non-save appearance in the 9th inning tonight, with 2 strikeouts. Dennis’s theory took a hit on that one.

• Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:36 pm

His theory takes a hit on that one all the time, he just only re-posts the times it supports his *case*—which he rested a long time ago. And yet he can’t seem to let it rest……

3. paulinasia said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:56 pm

This was an uplifting performance by the team. It kind of says, rearview mirror time, just moving forward, like they all said they would do. Good on them.

4. Nipper said, on August 17, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Nice to have a laugher for a change.

5. willedav said, on August 17, 2012 at 10:00 pm

bidness. And LA takes over second place again.

6. eddacker said, on August 17, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Rookie reliever George Kontos (0-0, 2.57ERA) has blanked opponents in 21 of 28 outings this season

7. Flavor said, on August 17, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Cishek with another save for the marlins tonight. Beltran continuing to spin his wheels– 3 for 22 with 1 run/3 rbi’s since the big “collusion trade”, LQTM

8. Berger said, on August 17, 2012 at 11:04 pm

It was fun blogging here until I was told of how I was about to be deleted by Zum E or whatever his name is. Who really trusts lawyers and communists anyway? Normally that doesn’t phase me. But here 8 people have the ability to delete. Communism at its finest. Tattle on your neigfhbor, right? You guys are great but the system sucks for anybody who doesn’t agree with the sewing circle/hanging posse.

• eddacker said, on August 17, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Hey, the cave has been dull without you. And no rota for cleaning the bidet.
      there is no clique here, just those of us that kiss BFs ass and the rest of you losers. :twisted:
      J/K things do fluctuate, but our little giants loving pico dysfunctional family works out well in the long run. and we can always get together outside the blog and say funny things about life, baseball and testosterone.

• Berger said, on August 17, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Ed- That was good! I don’t mind going toe to toe with 10 people that disagree. Problem is 8 here can delete my posts. Zum E let me know about that. Don’t you just love lawyers? I love you guys but I don’t stand a chance. I need not be here. The cave suffered when Nate hit a ball off of his toe and Pence is hitting about .260. The cave has been sold.

• shaman138 said, on August 17, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Hunter Pence thinks the cave can fuck off.

• Berger said, on August 18, 2012 at 12:20 am

Pence took over the cave. His inability to perform is what got the cave sold. I agree, fuck him.

9. SanDawg said, on August 17, 2012 at 11:45 pm

I agree Bermermeister….its good to have someone stir the pot from time to time—c’mon back, the water’s fine.

As for that bit about Willie Mays catching pitches with his bare hands, I heard Steve Stone tell that story during a Cubs game once. I think he said Willie would challenge any pitcher on the Giants to stand on the mound and fire a fastball that he couldn’t catch with his bare hands behind that plate. He said Willie had no problem catching them. That’s pretty damn impressive.
    The game was fun. Can’t wait to go back tomorrow.

10. shaman138 said, on August 17, 2012 at 11:57 pm

BTW, can’t we just abolish pre-season football? So far it’s accomplished nothing except injuries…Witten’s down for the count until probably after the season opener and now THREE key Raiders went down tonight…and they lost anyway. It’s boring, pointless, and total bullshit. If the NFL is so all about “protecting” players now, they should get rid of garbage games where players can and will get hurt.

• Berger said, on August 18, 2012 at 12:23 am

Are you as stupid as your posts sound?

11. unca_chuck said, on August 18, 2012 at 12:05 am

So, a 20 game season? Think there will be LESS injuries that way? Not on your life.

And the owners are NOT going to give up on the cash cow that the 4 preseason games are. No games will ever come off the table.

• Berger said, on August 18, 2012 at 12:25 am

Give him hell unca! I signed off on Skeebers blog. I’ll check back if you want to keep talking music! Otherwise, I’m off to bed.

12. Flavor said, on August 18, 2012 at 7:45 am

Beger–Zumie probably told you HOW people get deleted here. He didn’t threaten to delete you. You did get deleted for some shit you shouldn’t have said, per the conduct code. You stick to that and you’re all good here, brotha.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 494 other followers