“I’m Gonna Git You, Sucka!”

Posted in Uncategorized by unca_chuck on August 20, 2012

No, no, I’m not talking movies here (and I haven’t had the pleasure of seeing this one), but on the eve of the 2,365th  Giants/Dodgers game (1184–1163–17 [wait a minute, 17 ties? How does that happen?])), I’m talking grudges. We all hold grudges against seemingly innocent things. The DMV, for  being a little slice of hell on Earth, the one barrista at Starbucks who never makes you double-whip-half-caff-light-mocha-whip-frappochino correctly, or even meter maids and the stupid little carts they drive.

Sport grudges are different though. At least for me. Zumie mentioned yesterday that his anger toward the Los Angels Angels of Angeland had faded to nothing. Me? Nope. 5 outs will always hurt. The hatred still burns like a tiny fire in my heart. I’m happy as a clam in sheepshit that the LAALAAs  are potentially going to miss the playoffs despite spending a millions upon millions of dollars on guys like Pujols, Grienke, Haren and the rest of their bloated payroll. In true LA fashion, the players are individually having great years, yet the team is barely over .500 after droppping 4 games to the banjo hitting TBRays. They have Kid Fish as the likely rookie of the year. Trumbo playing out of his mind, and yet, they blow an 8 run lead the other night. Ha ha! I’m loving their slow sink into obscurity as the A’s (the fuckin’ A’s! A team that jettisons star players as fast as they can) blow past them and move into playoff contention.

I missed the Yankee World Series loss in 1962 (well, I was a negligent 1 year old fan back then) , but plenty of people here still hold that torch as a reason to hate the Yankees. I still view the Fred (Crime Dog) McGriff trade from the Pads to the Braves as an abomination, and therefore the Braves and Padres hold a special dark place in my heart for animosity as the Braves played out of their minds and passed the Giants in the last true pennant race back in 1993. St Louis? Yup. On the list. 1987 still hurts because I think it was 1987 when baseball changed the NLCS to best of 7 from best of 5. Of course, the Giants would have won a best of 5. And because of Jose fucking Okendo. The Marlins? Fuck ‘em. Both timie we faced them in the playoffs, they won the Word Series. Although it IS hard to stay mad at them as they jettison their lineup evey 3 years, and they now they play in a pastel-colored nightmare of a stadium in downtown Miami. They look like a barnstroming team from the 30s. That’s about it for me baseball-wise. For some reason, I’m not angry about the Pirates, even though they beat the Giants in 1971. And even though I saw them win game 1 on what I thought would be a shoe-in to the World Series, my anger for that series was directed at Dave Kingman for butchering game 2.

So, who holds your ire? Having been only a fan of the SF teams my whole life, I have a pretty small sample size. I respected (and grudgingly liked) the Big Red Machine back in the 70s. I mentioned Pittsburgh, and you had to like the ‘We are family’ run. I have family ties to the Cubs, and I could give a shit about 4/5th of the AL teams (KC? Seattle? ChiSox?). These teams barely register on my radar.

So, who gets your blood pressure rising? What team (or player) causes you to see a little red?

About these ads

1. sandog said, on August 20, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Great interview with Crazy Horse on the radio side. He hablas Ingles pretty damn well.
    Which reminds me of a Barry story where he was once heckling Russ Ortiz for not being able to speak Spanish. “How come you don’t habla, man?” I believe was the line Barry kept using. I still get some mileage out of that line with a good buddy.

• tedspe said, on August 20, 2012 at 10:11 pm

sandog, forgive my ignorance but who’s Crazy Horse? I mean, I’ve seen a couple of westerns and I know of a strip club that…anyway…who’s Crazy Horse?

• sandog said, on August 20, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Angel Pagan, my man!

• tedspe said, on August 20, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Okay. Thanks. Missed that moniker. You know who else? Sandoval. That Greek fuck Papas has tried to (lamely) ridicule Sandoval’s English. Yeah, the guy’s got an accent but his grasp of English is better than half the fucks what was born here

• twinfan1 said, on August 20, 2012 at 10:23 pm

I recounted the time that Pablo was struggling doing his interview in English and Papa smirkingly ( his default expression ) asked for a translator… why this lowlife handles anything SF related is a mystery. He’s unbearable.

• tedspe said, on August 20, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Agree, twin.

2. twinfan1 said, on August 20, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Willie- what Mijares has to do with it is that I was simply showing that that they have 3 loogies who are lights out against LHers.. Bochy could and will use any of them in a tight situation. Those are this year’s numbers. Career Mijares is .213, Lopez .221, Affeldt .235.

3. twinfan1 said, on August 20, 2012 at 10:48 pm

If they carry 11 pitchers as they did in 2010,
    Cain
    Vogie
    MadBum
    Kontos
    Hensley
    Mijares
    Affeldt
    Lopez
    Romo
    Casilla

That’s 10. Tim and Zito are absolutely not guaranteed to be on the roster. Also in the picture is Mota, who has to be activated before the Sept. 1 expansion ( suspension related rules). I think they’d pass on Mota and leave one of the starters off the first round roster. But I’d have to see the match up first. Mijares could definitely be a casualty, but he’s a quality situational LHer. Night night.

4. Sportdude said, on August 20, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Roger Craig and his fucking fumble that cost the Niners a 3peat!

5. eddacker said, on August 21, 2012 at 2:10 am

Another late post no one will read, but I have a lot to say: great game Bruce Bochy and that rag tag group known as my team. It was nice to see the flyin’ Hawaiian in the outfield of the dreaded dogers, have always like him. Great way/win to dink/scratch out two runs, the second being crucial insurance type. Madison McSolid looking great. Noticed Pagan and Pence calling to each other even when the flies were not that close.

“chronicling Alfred the Great’s reign in England during the Viking (Danish) wars during the late 9th Century.” When I first came to the UK I lived in Alfreton (Alfred’s Town) so King Alfred became the first bit of history I learned and Alfreton is my ‘adopted’ home town. Another thing he is famous for is building churches after driving out the dragons and Vikings. The cool part was he built the churches for the schools he knew they would provide, pretty advanced thing for the 800s.

and, for my man Zumie:
    I was born on a Thursday, by Sunday I had a job . . . ’cause I’m a working man! CCR

6. eddacker said, on August 21, 2012 at 4:13 am

I have 2 more thoughts after reading the rest of last night’s posts. to me Pablo’s lower half looks slimmer. I don’t think he has the full message about his weight. 2 hamate bone hooks were not weight related and he has a small excuse for the hammy. Maybe just maybe the lingering reminder will get him to hear the message.
    I do not think I have seen this before, could Timmeh’s injury/downturn be related to the fact that he hasn’t iced his arm for several years now and it is catching up with his arm health/strength?

7. Nipper said, on August 21, 2012 at 4:19 am

Start making the coffee and GO GIANTS!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 457 other followers