Personalities, Bee Wheezy, 2010 v. 2012 and This Post

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 20, 2012

The magic number is making me get weird and nostalgic so I apologize in advance for this post. Not *weird and nostalgic* for the team or the World Series win, but for the personalities on the team. Bee Wheezy, Burrell, Timmy, Huff, Uribe, Ross, Romo, Torres……those are 8 pretty distinct personalities. They all took turns driving that team bus, often over the limit, down a steep, winding road. And somehow it got to it’s ultimate destination. And because of all the things that happened, we all felt like we were along for the ride.

That team was PACKED with personalities. If I had to pick my favorite out of the 8, just off personality, I would probably go with Cody Ross. — and I’ll never forget the Cody Ross story that my college friend BirdDog told me back on 10/19/10.

And come on, a rodeo clown? That’s gold.

Of course, if we hadn’t won the World Series in 2010, maybe I wouldn’t be remembering all those *personalities* with such great fondness. But when I think about 2010 and 2012 I don’t think it’s even a comparison (and maybe because of the last sentence it’s not a fair one).

It seems like we’ve got a great group of guys who love playing with each other right now. But I’m just not connecting to them personally the way I did in 2010. Those guys were…..perfect. I’m not insane, I expect to feel the same way about these guys as I did those guys. Or at least close. Or maybe not. I dunno, maybe they’d have to win a World Series….

Like I said, maybe I was mesmerized by the results of 2010 and that’s why I’m remembering the players so fondly.

But this thread is about personalities. And this crew has a long way to go to get within hailing distance of the 2010 group. And that’s not a dig against this year’s team, I love this team, I just got stuck tonight for a moment on more love for 2010…….

But a moment is quick. And it can be timeless–except when it gets stuck in the timeline of your soul. When that happens,  you just sit there like a dumb ass perseverating on it….. You trip in it……You fucking B-A-S-K in it……

Nothing against the 2012 crew right now, but I’d give anything to re-live 2010 again.

About these ads

1. demp28 said, on September 20, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Flav, all you gotta do is watch the 2010 WS DVD, but I hear ya.

2. paulinasia said, on September 20, 2012 at 9:33 pm

“I’d give anything to re-live 2010 again”…. Well, Craig, you might just get your chance. Hopin’ for it, anyway. And looking at Cinncy and the Nats as probable first round opponents, beating those two very good teams would likely require this cast of characters to also provide some amazing moments.

3. TedSpe said, on September 20, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Good fucking God. Serious?
    Maybe you’ve got the “UnderDog” thing going with the 2010 team but I totally like the 2012 team better then the 2010 team.

Whatever, still digging the BBOTD, though

4. Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 5:45 am

When talking about 2010 let’s not forget Edgar Renteria. The guy was slogged through the talk shows, blogs and chat rooms. Things like “He’s toast”, “Put a fork in him”, “He’s taking up space” etc.. With one swing he becomes a Giant legend forever.
    2010 was a wacky bunch and a lot of fun I guess my favorite became Cody Ross as well. I mean who couldn’t love a guy who said when he was younger he wanted to be a Rodeo Clown. A Rodeo Clown? That has to be down the list below Indian Chief or something.
    This year I latched onto Blanco, come on the guy wasn’t even supposed to make the team. Early on he was a spark and his D, the whole season has been unbelievable. If he would just learn how to spray little hits around and drag bunt the guy would be a fine lead off (with his speed a single is a double). Also, I took a big liking to Crawford, the little guy who couldn’t, did.
    But, like I mentioned on one of twin’s threads, to me the difference between 2010 and 2012 is this team is one. A team effort all the way. The Misfits of 2010 were also a team that seemed to root/pull for each other but with so many personalities it didn’t feel like this year’s team which feels like one.
    Whatever happens, this has been a fun season and I’m looking forward to the Playoffs.

5. Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 6:00 am

Yeah, I didn’t forget Rent, I just didn’t consider him a *personality*–I know he was a quiet leader in the clubhouse. And if there’s another player who changed his legacy so dramatically with one swing of the bat I’ve never heard of him.
    Speaking of *underdogs*, Edd has now extended his lead to 5 points in the fantasy league. There was a time in his inaugural season (last year) where he didn’t have more than 10 pts total— just 1’s across the board. And now he’s dominating us, slapping us down and asking us if we want some more!

• Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 6:21 am

Steady Eddie has been bitch slapping us with one hand while holding a pint glass in the other. Cheers to edd (but it ain’t over yet buddy).

• Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 6:47 am

It would make my year (in fantasy baseball anyway) if you could somehow pass Denny.

• eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 6:54 am

I can’t believe my team, day to day they look like shit, but they are adding up over the long haul. Nothing I do as a manager works like it should. Except one thing: keeping the pressure on those other teams near me. I am fully frightened of Blade’s team and his skills. Every time I look up Micah and Bozo are eating away at me! I have fully enjoyed both seasons of Flap Fantasy Baseball. cheers, mates.

6. eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 6:47 am

Nice article my man, you are shining again as our leader and inspiration. If you want to re-live the oneness of 2010 YOUR SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS I can see into your future on the day Katie is getting married and you are a happy dad, crying “I just want to be doing homework and running down the street barefoot.” Which is how most dad’s feel. I guess that is what makes us human.
    I certainly loved the ‘Band of MiSFits’ (I have the book) and Uribe, Lincecum, the two-time National League Cy Young Award winner and Molina. Torres won the Willie Mac Award (to be announced today, I voted for Romo) and the pitching, always the pitching in 2010. Down to the final game of the regular season; underdogs in every game we played. Then winning, the most amazing thing, World Champions.

But I am fully on board with the 2012 team. Ever since that one guy got suspended, that was the watershed moment for me. This is a team! I see Scooter playing a leader in the clubhouse. I see rough-hewn home grown brandon’s working it out. The could-not-be-better return of an injured Posey. We have lost the panda we knew and loved, he is tattered and dirty and yet still producing. The small ball game, having a lead-off tandem, five pitchers all in double figures for wins. Bochy in a manager of the year roll erasing the loss of BW.There is still several pieces of 2010 in the 2012 dugout and this year’s team will only add to the legend of the first championship team. They may not win the WS, but my Giants are in the game.
    8-)

7. Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 7:22 am

Speaking of Romo, that cat is probably more off his rocker than Wilson. You always see the dude with his hoodie on in SF but what about other towns? In that 4th of July game against the Nats, where you might recall it was only about 1,000 degrees outside, there he was sitting in the bullpen with his hoodie over his head. that to me was taking eccentric to a whole different level (dude probably lost 10 pounds just sitting there)..

8. Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 7:52 am

How awesome would it be if Zito won the Willie Mac award? Talk about overcoming adversity. If I had a vote I’d….still probably vote for Buster. But if I had 2 votes the 2nd one would go to Zito

9. willedav said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:19 am

It would be pretty hard to match all the drama that was 2010, and many of the leading characters were over the top type of guys the likes of which just aren’t here—Uribe Huff Burrell and Wilson as opposed to Scutaro Posey Pence. Pagan is about as fired up as anyone of current group gets.
    2010 for me was all about Torture with capital T, the september chase and the endless 3-1 games vs. the @*&%! pesky padres. Man I hated playing them, anywhere.
    I know not everyone is into CBC, but I will confess to NOT missing the drama that went into most wilson appearances. Funny guy, total character and driven to succeed, but I prefer watching this pen group calmly go about winning match ups.

10. Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:24 am

I’m not sure what the criteria is for the Willie Mac award. If it’s for how many people screwed with your head but you kept going until you got it, my vote would be for Belt.

• willedav said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:45 am

POTD. And I loved that comment he made about not being out homered by Madison bumgarner, and him bragging that he got 4 rbis to bum’s 3. Both those two seem to have that slice of wry country sense of humor.

• twinfan1 said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:19 am

…now I just looked at some Willie Mac past winners and some seem obvious choices- Matheny, Dravecky, Vogie, Torres… but most are like- “HUH?” Nothing against Kirt Manwaring but it must have beeen a bad year for inspiration…Mike Felder? He wasn’t *that* Tiny..real interesting – Kruk won it two years in a row. I guess you could vote for yourself, multiple times, back then… oh, I’m kidding, I know he was a “horse”…Horses are always strong contenders..this year we all know it should be Buster. Details of the voting have been leaked and it seems it would have been unanimous but one guy voted for Hector…

• Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Hector got one vote? I was sure he’d have two.

11. Salty said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:37 am

“Of course, if we hadn’t won the World Series in 2010, maybe I wouldn’t be remembering all those *personalities* with such great fondness.”

Funny what winning does. No one was talking about the great personalities when they and the team struggled last yr. Suddenly Huff was over the hill and overpaid. Andres wasn’t so endearing hitting .208. Wilson’s charming and funny shtick seemed tired and worn out and Timmy’s rock star persona took a hit (cut your f- hair, punk).

• Salty said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:39 am

But I see your point Flavor. Maybe instead of a Band of Misfits, this year’s team can be the Quiet Assassins.

12. unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:42 am

Did Mike Adrete ever win it?

Anyhow, 2010 WAS crazy, because of the unrealness of it all. From Huff’s ‘roll the dice’ double to the under-the-radar acquisitions of Ramiirez, Lopez, Ross, and Burrell’s otherworldly home run hitting binge in the 2nd half to countless heroes on countless days.

The big difference being , the pitching was NAILS in 2010. This year has been a mixed bag. Losing Wilson in the 1st week, to Casilla’s blister deal and now the CBC. The hope is that Vogie will come around, and Zito keep up his end of the bargain with ol’ Scratch. And Timmy becomes Timmy. It APPEARS as if the team is gelling at the right time. They are winning at home now, AND on the road.

• unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:05 am

This time around is pretty much a completely different team, at least among the position players. Looking at the starters from then to now, you have Posey as the only guy in the same spot. What a difference 2 years makes. Then again, look at the lineup at the start of THIS year. You have 3 guys in their original spots? Buster, Panda, and Pagan?

13. twinfan1 said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:47 am

The team website lists Posey and Scutaro as candidates..now there’s another “HUH?”.. Scooter is respected, he’s been great, yada yada- but no frigging way. Geez, he doesn’t even have a club foot or the heartbreak of psoriasis to overcome. This is for guys who have eaten Vera’s 3-Soup Chicken Thighs…so what about Whitey? Who has endured more ? He’s been crappy his whole life, his hair turned gray when he was four, he’s been eating Vera’s cooking for over 30 years, he only got to catch Timmy once this year and Tim said ” Can we try Burriss next time?”… Whitey has to be the guy…

• eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 1:40 pm

I am really into the Willie Mac award, but you done hoo doo’d the hoo doo man. Your feeling for the players and how this drama will play out is 100% . . .
      humorous!

14. Birdog said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:57 am

Great post Craig! Thanks for bringing me back to that amazing day Clayton and I had at AT&T back in 2010. That day is in the top 3 of my Father/Son highlight reel. My boy is a lifelong Giants fan and now plays baseball year round and I honestly believe a significant part of that passion can be traced back to that day and the moment when Cody “remembered” to make it up that 9 year old boy in Giants gear. For that reason alone Cody will be my favorite 2010 personality and we continue to follow his career. I realize that’s just my own personal story but I agree with your point that the 2012 personalities aren’t as dynamic as 2010. You’ve talked a lot about chemistry this year and frankly I think a big part of the credit for the WS win is due to the chemistry that team had which was generated from those personalities and how well the guys worked together. Don’t get me wrong I think this 2012 team has the talent to win this year and there are some great guys but 2010 was magical.

I mean how many teams put up stuff like this? That personality you can connect with…

• Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:04 am

Dude that’s more words in one post than you’ve posted here combined since I started the blog. But this was a great post!

• Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:07 am

N fact, when I get home tonight, this bad boy will likely be POTD!

• Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:15 am

But now I’m bummed that I told you– the rest of your day is probably now shot as you worry and wonder about whether you’ll win this coveted daily award

• Birdog said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:31 am

You’re right…my day is shot now a POTD! That’s just too much to hope for!!

15. Birdog said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:57 am

• Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:06 am

I love this video

• unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:15 am

I think I feel a ‘Don;t Stop Believin’ moment coming on. Where’s Ashkon?

• Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:18 am

Absolutely—I really liked to video he did with Bailey but it never went viral like the Journey song

16. unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:16 am

17. twinfan1 said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:34 am

Well, two of the guys who never joined the postseason party in 2010- Panda and Zito( Zito was “banned”, so to speak), will have real shots at redemption, it would appear. And we have the Brandon boys and Hector( no youngsters played much of a part in 2010), a new set of Angels in the Outfield who are no less interesting, the probable MVP whose career was in doubt a year ago, a 35+ vet who lit it up (Scooter),.. one of the things I love about this team is that the position players no longer take a backseat to the pitching staff- in fact, they may need to carry that staff on their backs to win it all…

• Salty said, on September 21, 2012 at 11:47 am

Agree. I’m feeling a whole lot better about the offense with Pablo showing power from both sides.

18. blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Not certain anyone has mentioned this – Props to Melky for doing the right thing. Apparently, he requested that his name be removed from 2012 batting title consideration and MLB has agreed to that. That makes it a two man race between Posey and McCutchen.

It doesn’t make up for almost screwing up our season, but perhaps, it allows for the team and him to do a bit of “healing” and might provide a “bridge” to him coming back next season.

• Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Well, Melky may or may not have something to do with that decision. He’s probably getting told what to do by his agent. Either way though, we have no idea if he is doing this because it’s the right thing to do or because he’s trying to just get the public to view him more favorably.
      You and others are free to give him props for today’s decision. I just think it’s another con job by him.
      The fact that Selig publicly said he’d do nothing if Melky won the batting is another embArrassment to his suspect resume

• Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 12:17 pm

And I’ll ask this again: even if the team wanted him back (he’ll never play for us again, IMO) why would we want him back without his steroids? He sucked without them, journeyman outfielder at best

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Maybe he’s been hangin’ with Barry and getting tips on how to beat the system . . . :-)

Seriously though, at least he vacated the BA title race. That piece of shit on the Brewers may have beat the system officially, but you’ll never convince me. If he had any morals, he would send back all the hardware he won last year to the league office. Plus, the cocksucker has underperformed on my FL team, since the All Star break (when I picked him up). Worthless.

19. Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Braun just had smarter representation. Melky was dead in the water after that stupid ass website fiasco– he couldn’t deny shit after that.
    Every single one of these guys lie about it after they’re caught or try their best to get our of it.

20. eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Henry Schulman
    Giants will announce Willie Mac Award winner this afternoon. I can’t say who it is, but his name rhymes with Luster Mosey.
    And, really, who else could it have been. Congrats, Luster

21. demp28 said, on September 21, 2012 at 1:43 pm

An early congrats to Luster Mosey for being this year’s recepient of the Lilly Sac award.
    I was reading an article in the L.A. Times today about Donny 2 Trips literally conceding the race. Yay Hoo.
    Did any Flappers take the time today to view the space shuttle piggyback over the Bay Area? It was as awesome as watching a Giant hitting a homerun at AT&T Park; it takes your breath away.

• eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 1:53 pm

as a scientist I follow NASA therefore I have followed the shuttle across America on its way home. My friend has an office in Hayward and I called him just after it had flown low over his office, he was like a little kid @ xmas. Except he is Jewish so I am not sure if that applies.
      ANYWAY, NASA, has put up a pic of it flying low over AT&T and there is a video of it splitting the towers, below the tops of them, of the bridge while doing the Bay Area circle. It is really inspiring to see people getting charged up by the sight. Tom hanks even got all weepy and said his inner spaceman came out when it flew over him.

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2012 at 2:04 pm

My mom, who worked at NASA, just told me (over the phone) that it did a flyover at Moffett Field.

I asked, “Did you get a picture mom?” Her response, “Your dad forgot.” Ha.

22. eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 1:47 pm

the MLB Gods actually re-wrote the rule book and the union and Melky had to OK it for it to be in place this season. So his agents must have “suggested” he say yes.
    The rules now say: ‘no suspended player can win the batting title. (while suspended?)’ or similar

None of the information provided here is official, and it should not be relied on for any purpose

23. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 21, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I understand, oh yes, I understand. But, as you say, if these boys get a ring, maybe we’ll find out what sorts of *personalities* they indeed have.

24. unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Well, we got the 3 amigos (well, now it’s 2 amigos and a gringo) OF . . .

Scoot-Scoot- Scutaro at 2nd

The Archer at 3rd base.

Mr. Product at short.

Baby Giraffe at 1st.

And the Rock catching.

Romo is seemingly taking over for Weezy in the weirdness category (and closing some). His “you’re ass is mine” smile is a new twist on things.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on September 21, 2012 at 2:45 pm

That smile is devilish-semi-pervy-smug-get me-got you.

25. unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Wish I coulda gotten down to Sacto to see it this morning.

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Chuck, are you going to the Flapalooza next Saturday?

• unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Doubtful, but you never know. Where is it again? Send me an email.

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2012 at 3:37 pm

No idea . . . Craig is still giving it some thought. By the by, I am all for doing it the following week, if we can get more participants. Right now, I think ewisco, Flav and I are the only ones.

26. eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Salas gives up a homer Cubs tie STL bot 9th 4-4

27. snarkk said, on September 21, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Mrs. Snarkk and I took the morning off and saw the flyover near Moffet Field. Pretty cool. Traffic was nutz. Then, made a pilgrimage to Dittmer’s in Los Altos to pick up a bunch of sausages and such. Brats, Thuringer, Italian, Weisswurst, Nurembergers (the best, heaven). A woman in line next to me commented how she loved the Nurembergers the best, like me, and I agreed that they tasted exactly like the real thing cooked over grills at the Kriskindlmarkt in Aldstadt Nuremberg at Christmastime. Exactly. Absolute best German deli in the Bay Area. A fire burned them out over a year ago, now they’re back in a different and better location on the El Camino. All sausages are fantastic, as well as smoked meats. Old Dittmer was there, presiding and supervising; I think his son (Mark?) will carry on the tradition. I like that kind of thing. Tradition. Dittmer’s sausages are so good, vegans go there in disguise…

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2012 at 3:15 pm

You might give Neto’s market a try in Santa Clara snarkk. I’m not certain you are into Italian, Andouille, Portuguese, Mexican, Kielbasa, and other types of sausages. The peperoni, copa colla, proscuito, and other cured hams are excellent as well. They are a 3rd generation family run deli and restaurant that has been around since 1948. I use to go there with my grandfather . . . Fast forward today, whenever I visit, my Mom will ensure I have a “care package” from Neto’s on my return trip to Colorado.

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Almost forgot – here is the link . . . http://www.netosausage.com/index.html

• snarkk said, on September 21, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Andouille, usually not so much. The rest, yeah, definitely. A good Kielbasa is in my wheelhouse. Next time I’m in the area, I’ll see if I can drop in. Love those kind of places. I thought you ate too healthy for that, Blade… ;)

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2012 at 3:27 pm

My mom would probably kill me if I ever said one word about her cooking or what she has in the refrigerator . . . She is a self-taught gourmet. Similarly, that stuff from Neto’s is too good to resist insofar as my almost vegan diet is concerned, emphasis on “almost.” In short, I break all my diet rules when I am in the SF bay area.

By the by, I dated a German woman for 3 years back in the 80’s and we always went to Dittmer’s (when it was located on El Camino) in Mountain View for delicatessen meats and cheeses. As you pointed out, the stuff they have over there is excellent. Ironically, I had no idea that they had a fire at the old store . . . Here’s the irony – Neto’s had a fire as well, almost two years ago. They rebuilt across the street and opened a restaurant as well.

• snarkk said, on September 21, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Article on Dittmer’s. If you’re in that area at lunch, grab a sandwich. Outstanding.

Christmas markt in Nuremberg. If you’re in Germany during the holidays, it’s worth a side trip to see this. Nighttime is best. It’s cold, snowing is even better, music is playing, sausages and gluhwein (yeah, this stuff is good). Don’t need to be a believer to have a good time here…

28. eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 2:51 pm

StL needs to sink the dogers

• zumiee said, on September 21, 2012 at 3:10 pm

True, but I don’t dig the Cards much either. It’s going to be a cheap way the Cards made the playoffs. Hopefully Atlanta eradicates them in the one-game playoff.

• unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Yeah, the Cards are the luckiest team to win 2 world series’s’s in recent memory. The 2006 squad was about the 8th best team in the league, and last year’s? Well, they got very hot at the exact right time. They got in as immortalized by our own Pawlie.

Sidenote, I tried to DL the book on my kindle, but it’s hosing up.

• eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 4:08 pm

that would be my choice right now. Wash wins the league, Atl wins WC. The Reds can clinch tonight.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on September 21, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Chuck, sheesh. Hope the download works. And thanks. Off to Tampa next week for a self–facilitated book signing.

29. eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Those Kindles never hose up on the commercials on TV; they just keep giving beautiful people lots to read. Instant downloads. Almost like magic.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on September 21, 2012 at 4:13 pm

confession: I don’t own one; as far as i know POD [print on demand] paperbacks have sold more than e-books; but awaiting data — and royalties

30. Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Congrats Buster or as edd says “Luster Mosey”.

Luster Mosey, damn edd you are hitting on all pints today.

31. twinfan1 said, on September 21, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Angel Pagan CF, Marco Scutaro 2B, Pablo Sandoval 3B, Buster Posey C, Hunter Pence RF, Brandon Belt 1B, Gregor Blanco LF, Brandon Crawford SS, (Ryan Vogelsong

The LU I hope is the regular one in the postseason…

32. Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Blade (and other interested Flappers): I posted the date for Flapalooza 2.0 a week ago, or so. It’s going to be Sat Sept 29th (that’s a Sat evening, 5:30 game). Right now it’s you, me, WillieD, Ewisco and I just got an email from Ted that he’s in if he can find the place.
    Any Flap vet is invited and if you’re interested and you’re just now reading about it hit my email — bigflavor77@gmail.com. I’ll get you on the list and send you an email with the top secret location of the grand celebration embedded somewhere in the HTML of a google email. :) :) :)

• PawlieKokonuts said, on September 21, 2012 at 6:14 pm

will you have an BBs there?

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Ted and I are taking care of that . . . He’s hitting North Beach and going to bring the strippers (hopefully, Carol Doda has retired); and, I am hitting Cheetahs strip club in San Jose.

Now ya have to come . . . Or, cum. :-)

• Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 7:07 pm

If someone brings a laptop we can do a Skype-a-shot. If not, I’m thinking a Dial-a-Belt from the OBX (Outer Banks).

• TedSpe said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Blade…you too much. hahaha. And yeah, Carol Doda’s retired but may be the only skank I can lure ;-)

33. Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 7:49 pm

So I was just thinking (I know, I know -scary clown), this whole Magic number has taken on a whole new meaning this year. Hasn’t it?

34. eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:00 pm

My Skype is up and running, so I am in (as long as the dial-a-shot doesn’t include Gin)

• Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Edd, the beauty of Dial-a-shot is you get to pick your poison. I usually go with tequila. One bar in New Orleans that I do shots with, usually does peppermint schnapps (Peppys) and I’ll sometimes do a good rum (I don’t have any schnapps, one of these days I’ll remember to buy some just for the hell of it).

• eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:31 pm

One thing about the UK is we have those fine single-malts. You can appreciate them like wine – sip it let it linger on the tongue enjoy.

35. Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Craw.

36. twinfan1 said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Well, it’s a warm single malt Clover for me, and off to bed early. Enjoy the game, guys…

• eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Sleep well my friend, we got the weekend shift @ the blog.

37. eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Damn, I am gagging for wins in the Flap League. My 2 starters go 16 innings and give up 1 run. Both no decisions. And I have 7 guys doing their 0 fer batting tonight par usual.

• Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:44 pm

You can have Tommy Hanson because I dropped his ass. Maybe he’ll give you some Wins, he hasn’t for me for a long time.
      Watch out for Micah’s Dirt Bags, he is moving up the ladder again.

38. Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:43 pm

I’ll bring a laptop, I’ve got skype downloaded on this little ACER thing. I don’t know much about skype except the few times I’ve skyped my daughter when she’s been in sun valley. Can you link up multiple people?
    Look, I’m gonna be tweeting out many pics, we’re all gonna be hanging out, it’s gonna be fantastic.
    And if I meet Edd, Bozo, etc for the first time on a dial-a-shot skype encounter, so be it……….:) Shit, if Loo gets out of Rikers in time he can link in to that shit too, right?

• Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:45 pm

FREE DJ LOO!

39. tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:45 pm

That…chick…was…fine

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Ted, go ahead and bring Carol . . . Compared to the skanks that Flav posts on BBOTD, she’ll fit right in at the Flapalooza.

• tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:56 pm

With emphasis on FLAP

• Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Hey, I present the BBOTD’s to critical acclaim. I should win an Emmy for that shit. Or an internety. Whatever it is. Gotta keep you guys on your toes.

• Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Agreed Ted, the queef issue on Doda when you factor in the flap factor would really just ruin the entire thing….
        Fuck it, I’d screw Carol Doda no matter the wind sheer in her pussy. She’s still alive, right? Cause that’s a deal breaker for me……….

• tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:59 pm

An internety?

Posey with just another RBI. Ho-hum

• tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:02 pm

She’s still alive, right? Cause that’s a deal breaker for me……….
        ———————————————————————————————————-
        That’s too funny. like when I was talking to my sister and she said “Ted, you’d fuck anything that moves” and I replied “I beg your pardon. Movement is not necessary”

• tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:03 pm

And yeah, she’s still alive. She runs a lingerie(sic) shop in North Beach

• tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Uh…Carol Doda. Not my sister

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I can tell already that this will be the social event of the year for me. :-)

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Or, as they say in Bozo’s stomping grounds in New Orleans, “soiree.”

• Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Blade, the areas of NOLA that I hang out in just call it a Fucking Party (or crab boil, or Mardi Gras, or Birth, or Funeral or…)

40. Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:52 pm

I want to be clear about this invite: It’s for any and all flap vets. And you don’t have to come to the physical site. If you can’t be there, we can skype you in. We can tweet out pics. Flapalooza’s happen one time a year. Don’t blink or you’re forced to be worrying about being invited to 3.0. And 1.0 was fantastic.

41. Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:57 pm

The Panda is on fire.

42. Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:58 pm

MVP

• Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:59 pm

(Posey’s hit).

• tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Got it. Thanks

43. Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:01 pm

We’re almost playing too loose. Everything is firing on all cylinders. This is like when you’re killing everyone in spring training.
    It’s actually a huge problem when the playoffs start and we need to crank up the intensity……….

• Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Are you kidding, did you see Vogs pacing the dugout? The problem for me right now is Pence seems to be morphing into Larry Baer.

• eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Agree_edd, it is that sinking feeling in my gut, that doubt I hate to have. bochy will be using all his manager’s skill to keep our team focused.

44. eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:03 pm

freaking Posey swinging at 3-0 pitches, this WMac thing is going to his head!!

• tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Really. Whatta wanker

• eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:10 pm

probably cheats on his wife, a real wanker.

• tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:18 pm

BTW, sorry this is late, edd. I can’t post at work but I wanted to let you know. I saw the space shuttle Endeavor fly over the Transamerica Building today from my window at work. That thing was flying looooow. First scary, when I forgot what it was but too cool when I came to my senses

45. Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:14 pm

“Fuck it, I’d screw Carol Doda no matter the wind shear in her pussy. She’s still alive, right? Cause that’s a deal breaker for me……….”
    I agree with Ted Flav, that is funny – hell dude that is Gold.

• Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:30 pm

thanks. I think all of it is gold but I’m open to discussing this after a little Sat night dial-a-skype-shot-naughtyness…….
      Pablo Sandoval, who has done shit for me this year as a 3rd round draft pick, is literally homering me into the money in 2 NFBC leagues. Epic.

46. tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:19 pm

OUT AT THE PLATE AND POSEY DID *NOT* BREAK HIS LEG!!!!!!

47. eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:21 pm

now that is the real American spirit. Forget politics and check out that joy and pride on seeing one of the greatest engineering and scientific inventions of our time. I can appreciate the Shuttle as much as I do the cathedrals in Europe when I look at them and think: people built that!

• tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:24 pm

And Lon Chaney, ringing them bells in them

48. tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:25 pm

What?? 15 triples???

49. Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I could almost goddamn near beat off to Angel Pagan leggin’ out a triple…. I said “almost”…..

• tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Almost
      And then Scutaro

50. tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:29 pm

PABLO????!!!AGAIN????

51. Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Wow! Just WOW.

52. eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:31 pm

that looked like a slow-pitch jack. OH, Shit!

53. Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:31 pm

So I’m guessing Pablo doesn’t need to worry about Arias taking his roster spot.

54. tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:33 pm

And by the way, I’m not going to bother to look the shit up but I have been defending Sandoval the entire time half you motherfuckers were talking trade and diet and attitude and I was alone defending the dude mentioning he was still healing from injuries and….
    And my point is?
    I have none. Like Flav said, it’s dull and crass to say “I predicted this’ and Flav is right but…
    I told you so

• Flavor said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:40 pm

ha. See, that’s how easy it is to nail down a POTD………

• Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Yes you did but you were not alone. Although I may have said let him catch Tim and have Posey play Third annnnd maybe I said put him in left, Posey at Third and Hector catching next year. But again, you were not alone.

Well, now that I think about it, maybe you were alone. But I’m riding shotgun dammit.

• tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:50 pm

hahahaha…too funny. Fuck you bozo, I love you, man

55. tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 9:41 pm

I can tell already that this will be the social event of the year for me.
    ———————————————————————————————
    Well, blade, (Written with the voice of David Niven) of course Scott and Zelda will be there and if i understand it correctly, Cole will be by with a couple new numbers and a couple old ones he’s had a lotta lotta little luck with.
    Oh waiter..cocktail?

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Romney should have hired you to write his “inelegant” fund raiser speech. Also, I am taking a cue from Bozo, i.e., this will be the “funeral” of the year (been to a few of them) . . . or, “crab boil” of the year. No idea what a crab boil is, but I’m down with it if actual crab is served.

• Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Blade – In New Orleans anything is a reason to party or celebrate – marriage, divorce, birth, death etc.. A crab Boil is just that (as well as a crawfish boil and shrimp boil), crabs are boiled up, you eat em and have a good time.
        Cheers Steve.

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Ahhh! Well, all three of them sound good. My Mom makes the best crab cioppino I have ever had. I usually get it on my birthday, but crab is only part of the dish – clams, mussels, and shrimp, along with linguini, is in the dish as well. French bread and a Greek salad completes the dinner. She makes plenty and no one leaves the table hungry, as dinner usually lasts over an hour plus.

Shit, I am frickin’ hungry just thinking about it and it’s almost mid-night.

• tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:05 pm

You’re right Don’t know what it means either but crab boil sounds tasty

• tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:06 pm

And you *are* just a semi-vegan, ain’t ya

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Vegetarian most weeks, months, except when out to dinner with friends and/or visiting my parents. In short, I go with the flow. Vegan? Too hard Ted. A friend of mine is vegan and he looks like he spent an extended vacation at a concentration camp.

• tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Too funny. If I was crass I’d say “Our first Nazi joke tonight” but I wouldn’t have the…
        DO’H !!

56. Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Kruk “Gamer Babes from Hevean”, Kuip “Welcome back”.

57. eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:05 pm

It is lonely at the top when 61% of your batters have 0-fer nights.

angels in the outfield angels in the stands, no better ball park than the one in China Cove.

• tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Well, 61% of our batters have 0-fer nights but 47% don’t pay Federal taxes.

Dodgers won. Beat the Reds

• eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:15 pm

I blame Obama. Although I hear he lost 3 states announcing he wanted a CWS – Nats WS

I am tellin’ ya, Jon Stewart is feasting on this race. He’s one guy very happy Romney is running.

• eddacker said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Sorry, nipper, that is as close as I get to politics on the flap. Walking a fine line, dude.

• tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Nipper?

• Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:37 pm

It’s a van thing Ted. Just step away.

58. Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Pagan is kicking some serious butt.

59. Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Got Heem!
    Deuces Wild – Two

• tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:21 pm

CHECKOV!!!!

60. Macdog said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Two!

61. tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:19 pm

BALLGAME> VOGEY!!!

62. tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:24 pm

• Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:42 pm

With Judy Garland. Cheers Ted.

• tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:46 pm

I know, huh. Didn’t even notice that when I posted until I watched it afterwards. Too fucking cool

63. tedspe said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Well, this has been a helluva great game and a helluva lotta laughs on oneflapdown.77
    Gotta go work on trying to memorize a script. Not fun at all
    Goodnight, gentlemen (question mark)

64. Bozo said, on September 21, 2012 at 10:47 pm

It’s a quarter to two in my world and with that I’d like to say goodnight Flappers and to sorta quote one of the Giants beat writers “The magic number is this weekend”

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 497 other followers