The HUNGRY Games

Posted in Uncategorized by pawliekokonuts on September 24, 2012

We are in the postseason. More accurately, we will be in the postseason contests. Strangely, I already find myself basking — and in a sense almost nothing has been accomplished.

We know that just being there is not enough. We have to play the games, and then win the games. In the playoffs, the hot teams prevail. No. Check that. The HUNGRY teams dominate and prevail.

“We” are merely voyeurs. So let’s pretend for a second. How do *we* (more precisely, *they* the players) stay hungry, my friends?

About these ads

1. paulinasia said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:14 am

Good thoughts, Pawlie. I just read Chris Haft’s piece on the Giants’ site about the loss to San Diego (something like “Giants’ backups done in by SD”), and, despite how you feel about him as a baseball journalist covering the Giants (I have mixed opinions), I thought his account of how that game went will likely be Bochy’s blueprint the rest of the way for keeping the players into it — bringing in some of the starters (who were on the bench catching a day off) in the later innings to get in some work… and I’m guessing many will also be getting some but not all starts.

And, “auditioning” his bench for the playoffs, giving these guys more time to see what they can do and also tune them up for what often become pivotal roles in the playoffs (haven’t seen much of Nady yet because of his injury, but he could be vital… Theriot actually contributed often enough “before Scutaro”, kind of forgotten but an important kind of player in the post season)…. relaxing a bit is ok. Getting lazy is not. Bochy, who is clearly one of the best managers in the game right now. is not going to let that happen.

And actually Pawlie, yeah, I get the sentiment that nothing has been accomplished yet… we can thank 2010 for that. But I think this team right now senses that they did in fact accomplish something very cool. You have to win the division to get to the promised land (wildcard is too iffy). Check……

2. eddacker said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:21 am

Always good to read your topic. Gives me an East Coast bias. The Gmen are up and ready for some games. Play-off games. Who wants to do more than you, for yourself? 25 guys thinking “how great is this”. 25 guys knowing the next game is the one.
    The game yesterday or the game tomorrow is fun. Today’s game IS THE ONE.
    You need to get your facts straight, this is a winning team.
    GAME ON!

3. Nipper said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:23 am

It’s best to enjoy this season on it’s own. 2010 can never be quite duplicated no matter what the outcome.

4. eddacker said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:25 am

BTW, we are winners with 9 games to play! Nothing but that. Nothing but a basking at little pluses.
    And being a Giants fan.
    hehe

5. tedspe said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:36 am

Psychologically, these could be difficult playoffs. Of the two contenders we know of today, Washington is probably the hungriest with the least amount extra encouragement required. And Cincy’s got the emotional element of their Skipper’s recent heart problems. The Giants? Right now everything looks too easy. So yeah, someone’s going to have to light a firecracker under them. They’re playing on pride and talent alone. Sometimes that’s enough, sometimes not

6. paulinasia said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:48 am

Yeah Ted, either of those teams should probably beat the Giants. IMO, that alone will keep a fire lit in these guys. Even for those on the team who have never been to the playoffs, who could be excused for being somewhat satisfied with that, I think they’re all plugged in to the huge challenge ahead in the first round.. That in itself is a good thing that will keep them focused. It makes us fans nervous about it, but it’s a motivator. And it’s not difficult to imagine this team surprising (again) everyone who paid the Giants no mind.

7. willedav said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:49 am

I think SF is in catbird seat. They were supposed to be underdogs once melk went down, and instead romped home vs. the millionaire team. They have the perfect spot at #3 seed as Zum mentioned last night thread, meaning they get to set their rotation and play first two games at home. Neither cincy nor wash will relish playing night games at ATT in october where the temp will be in the 50s.
    I also think they have the edge at mgr., and I think 2010 helps those guys who have already been through it. No more motivation could possibly exist than to watch chipper jones on his last go round and have the memory of all those Braves teams that were in the playoffs so many times and only won once.
    I think the Nats are dumb to completely shut down Strasburg. Look what happened to SF in 2011 when injuries and sub par performances derailed any hopes of repeating….there is no way Nats should think they will have many more chances to be where they are today. And if they blow up and are bounced out early with edwin jackson on the mound, they can expect some heat from their own fans, and deservedly so.

8. Bozo said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:49 am

The hunger in the eyes and bellies of these young men playing for our Giants, cannot and will no be sated until they get their finger measured for that Championship ring.

Stay hungry my friends.

9. eddacker said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:54 am

Stop me if I am wrong, but the Nats are still trying to prove they belong in the playoffs.
    The Reds have their pitcher back and St. Louis just got beat by the dogers.
    That is our competition

I am hoping for the Yankmees to win the AL. In their park our team that is hitting doubles and triples become the team that hits more home runs than God.
    Go Giants!

10. eddacker said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:57 am

How is this for motivation (hungriness)
    Win mofos!!
    But not until a few days.

11. eddacker said, on September 24, 2012 at 9:02 am

Miguel Cabrera, on of my favorite players because he sees the ball like Ted Williams.
    Triple Crown? my god. What is up with that?
    and just two seasons ago he was toast.
    I should have said when someone asked who are our favorite teams after the Giants, Cubbies

12. eddacker said, on September 24, 2012 at 9:03 am

Which are in the NL
    and the Tigers, as much as I hate AL teams.

13. demp28 said, on September 24, 2012 at 9:05 am

tedspe, while the Nats and Reds have their own issues to deal with as you spoke of, what about our Giants?
    No B-Weezy, no Freddy, Pablo misses time with another hamate bone surgery Huff with his anxiety issues and the suspension of Melky plus the Dodgers wanting to buy everything and everyone. All that was going to doom the Giants this year. For that, I say “SCOREBOARD”!
    So, the Giants have more reasons to rally around a significant setback than the Nats or Reds do.

14. eddacker said, on September 24, 2012 at 9:19 am

There’s a toll on the San Rafel Bridge?
    How times have changed.

15. Flavor said, on September 24, 2012 at 9:37 am

I’m really not that worried about the Nats–they are a very young team and playoff baseball is not won by fresh-faced kids who just don’t know any better. This will be a great experience for them but I’d worry more about them once they get some experience under their belts.
    Plus, no Strasburg. Gio and Zimmerman are both very good but they are mostly *6 inning guys* not dominant aces. In fact, it’s amazing that Gio won 20 considering he went less than 7 innings in 20 of his 31 starts. And after Gio and Zimm, they’re SP’s are just sort of *whatev*
    Their offense is solid, but again, they’re young.
    I’m far more worried about the Reds than the Nats…….

16. twinfan1 said, on September 24, 2012 at 9:50 am

We’ve heard it said, and said it ourselves: the playoffs are a crapshoot. Once the 4 combatants are settled on, I see them all as having an equal shot of goinhg to, uh, is it :”The Dance” ? We’ll call it that. Unless you want to call it “The Show”. That works too. So- what about our chances in this pick ‘em tournament? Bochy says all 5 starters are likely to be on the roster. While I don’t rule out him changing his mind, i don’t see that as good because it’s a wasted spot. Whoever the 5 is, it’s a guy we’re not going to want to see- as it means we’re down 6-zip. And I want real relief pitchers pitching relief…my pitchers are Cain, Timmy, MadBum, wait for it…Zits, Kontos, Mota, Mijares, Affeldt, Casilla, Lopez, Romo ( no sneer, please)…I LOVE having 3 loogies…Ok, so I’ll presume we start the NLDS with two at home. Cain is the unquestioned guy to open the series. And I think Bochy will go with Tim second- you don’t pass up the chance to go 2-0 and the two-time CY, proven big game pitcher is the best shot. Doesn’t matter who we face- Cueto and Latos, or Gio and Zimmernan- I go with the pedigree- we sweep at home. BTW, it appears that Hector is going to catch Tim, so I think we’ll see Belt in left for that game. Now MadBum goes for the sweep- and pray for that- then Zito can pitch game 1 of the NLCS, the least important game in a 7 game series. The alternate when we’re up 2-0 is to hold MadBum back and give Zito a go at the clincher, knowing we have Bum and Cain to win 1 of 2 if Zito fails. I might like that better vand if Zits comes through, he’ll be basking in 3-Way heaven all winter long..You’ll notice I’m not entertaining any scenario other than a NLDS win- and to give this its proper import- it’s all subject to change as the last regular season games play out…

17. Flavor said, on September 24, 2012 at 10:11 am

Based on how unreliable our starting pitching has been in the 2nd half, I’m glad to have (Zito or Voggy) ready to sub in for the other 4 if any one of them show up on the mound and *don’t have it*. Bochy can tell, he’ll yank whoever it is and put in the #5 guy. And I’d feel a lot better about that long guy being Voggy than Zito. And definitely would prefer Voggy to Mota or Kontos. I have stated several times over the last month that I thought Bochy would carry all 5 SP’s in the playoffs and I think it’ll be for the reason I listed above…..
    The reason i think Zito gets the start though (with Voggy in BP) is because he’ll either have it or he won’t. Voggy is more likely to be able to take the mound to relieve someone than Zito would be. And if Zito doesn’t have it just yank him in the 3rd and put Voggy in–that is, assuming he hasn’t had to relieve Timmy or Bum in the previous 2 days…..
    Basically, Voggy is your insurance plan for the other 4 (and really, it’s the other 3 since Cain has proven far more reliable this year than Timmy, Zito or Bum.
    And while I suspect Cain will start game 1 as well, I’d rather have it be Lincecum and will hold out hope that Bochy is still considering it.

18. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 24, 2012 at 10:18 am

Looking back, though I was schooled in paranoia and fidgety hope as well as the next guy, 2010 was relatively easy. The turning point was the Sunday game against the Braves, the one that SEEMED like extra innings (shocked to see it was not), the one I listened to on the NJ Turnpike, when I could, the one whose finish I saw in Philly, after which I needed to see some “friends” afterward to keep my *balance*, such as it is. No series in that postseason run went to the maximum-game distance. Who would’ve thunk that? I’m excited. But not *balanced*.

19. twinfan1 said, on September 24, 2012 at 10:41 am

Well, it’s not set in stone that Zits will be the 4. Both candidates have a couple starts left and neither has established a lock. Things change- even Flavor said that he thought Bochy would take Vogie over Zito, just a week or so ago. As to carrying all 5, I suspect he will- and he’d be wrong, IMO- unless they go with 12 pitchers. Frankly, I don’t think carrying all 5 has anything to to do with it being the best group- Bochy just feels the two have to be there- a respect thing. Except in that 6-zip scenario, I doubt we’d see the 5 guy anyway.But we’ll see, if Vogelsong appears to have regained his form, who could possibly prefer Barry?

• twinfan1 said, on September 24, 2012 at 10:51 am

I do agree that if one guy were to be the long guy between Vogelsong and Zito, Vogelsong is obviously the better choice. He has relieved in the past- although almost all in the bad old days. Again obviously- he’d be the choice over Kontos or Mota to START- to relieve, better pitchers are just not necessarily better relievers. Best hope: sweep the NLDS and worry about it later.

• twinfan1 said, on September 24, 2012 at 11:34 am

But this is all my opinion, undoubtedly dead wrong. I’m out for awhile.

• eddacker said, on September 24, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Being wrong, I must say, over and out.
        see yah next game. :)

20. Macdog said, on September 24, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Wow, the regular season isn’t even over and the Giants already have put together a season-in-review video:

21. Alleykat said, on September 24, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Still basking and recovering from my hangover at the Bar,(Orchid Room) in SanCarlos,fromSaturday night.The Place was “Rockin” with Giant fans.The Bartenders,Darlene,Erica,Doug,Sarah,were lining up Shots after the final out!
    Everyone was pumped as they yelled out “Let’s go Giants” and Fuck LA!!!

22. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Pawlie said ’2010 was relatively easy’?

What planet are you from? Easy? It was as tourtuous as tortuous could get. The entire season was a wobbly ride where the wheels could have fallen off a bunch of times.

Having been a rabid fan from about 1968 on, I never truly felt safe until I saw Brian Wilson cross his arms on the mound lo that 11/01/10 day.

Sorry, couldn’t let that roll by w/o comment!

• PawlieKokonuts said, on September 24, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Regular season more Torture than the postseason, though. But I could be full of shit. Easy to say that now. And without a scintilla of a ghost of doubt, I could not relax until that moment on All Saints’ Day, 2010. Tru dat.

• zumiee said, on September 24, 2012 at 2:22 pm

He meant the playoffs. No series went the maximum games. In some ways, I still get nervous thinking about that World Series, but…..the Giants won it four games to one!

• unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Yeah, the Atl game I heard on the radio was by far the most tortuous one there was. That would have tipped the series to Atl 2-1 with a game in hand. Down to the last strike when Franchez got the base hit was epic.

• snarkk said, on September 24, 2012 at 3:51 pm

I’ve said it before, but I’ll say again. That 2 strike, 2 out hit by Franchez in ATL that night to keep the inning going and push Ishy to scoring position (then Huff got the tying RBI hit) was the biggest, clutchest hit that season. It saved the playoff run. It may have been the most clutch hit in SF Giant history, given the subseqent results. If not the most clutch, it’s in the top group somewhere. Off Kimbrel, too…

• unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Crazy thing was, listening on the radio, Miller was saying Sanchez looked utterly fooled on those first 2 fastballs. 0-2, I’m thinking curve in the dirt, strike 3. Boom. Base hit off the slider. Could not believe my ears.

• twinfan1 said, on September 24, 2012 at 5:38 pm

it was a huge hit but I don’t see how it can be more clutch than Huff’s.. was Ishikawa’s therefore the biggest walk in SF Giant history? I know your point but I don’t see it as bigger or more clutch than Aubrey’s. Unless all three come through, we lose.

• twinfan1 said, on September 24, 2012 at 6:06 pm

One thing I thought was just wrong was the fact that Brooks Conrad didn’t play an inning in the field in 2011 until the season was more than a month old. Bochy would have had him out there in game 1 of 2011…

23. eddacker said, on September 24, 2012 at 4:54 pm

HELL YEAH!
    I have two balls and this team carry that into the the next game.
    Bochy is the man.
    Go Gigantes!

24. eddacker said, on September 24, 2012 at 5:02 pm

OH! Blade? I am Willie Nelson your ass.
    Blue eyes crying in the rain

• unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Need a translator for those two, Edd . . .

25. Bozo said, on September 24, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I can see that my buddy ed is way ahead of me on cocktails this evening. I’m going to assume ed is a fan of Bob Wills, so when he says “I have two balls and this team carry that into the the next game.” he might be talking about the song “Big Balls In Cowtown”. And the Willie Nelson reference, I’m assuming was just a mix up with the old saying “I’m gonna go all Ted Nugent on ya”. Although, I don’t think Ted ever sang Blue Eyes, but fuck it.

Fire it up eddacker, ain’t no shame in your game.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on September 24, 2012 at 6:24 pm

My main man Vince Gill was on “Imus in the Morning” last week; Vince has a new Texas swing album out; group called Time Breakers or something like that.

• Bozo said, on September 24, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I haven’t heard anything by Vince Gill (my bad?), but back in the day I loved me some Western Swing. The Bob Wills “Ah shit” holler while the band was kicking ass, now that was drunken gold to me.

26. Flavor said, on September 24, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I THINK Edd is trying out an upgraded attempt at smack talk to Blade who is now 6 pts behind him with Edd threatening to run away with this thing with about a week to go

27. eddacker said, on September 24, 2012 at 5:58 pm

btw, I did fudge the draft and getting prince instead of Migel,
    having a triple crown winer would hare been unfair
    hahahaha

next year on the Flap

• Bozo said, on September 24, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Next year? Fuck that ed, put the pedal to the medal my man. Kicking some Flap ass AND the Giants in the Playoffs. Not a bad year,not a bad year at all.

• Flavor said, on September 24, 2012 at 6:31 pm

anything was likely to be an improvement on the *soupy* call out you shot blade’s way. I’ve been rooting for you all year, it’s awesome to see you go worst to first in a single season

28. eddacker said, on September 24, 2012 at 6:00 pm

smack talk

29. Alleykat said, on September 24, 2012 at 6:13 pm

You can keep the smack talk going Edd.Their all trying to chase you down.Your in the driver’s seat my man!

30. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 24, 2012 at 6:22 pm

So we all see that ATL game in 2010 as crucial Thanks for the precise reminders, guys. Like Unca, I heard lots on the radio (Ted loves radio), but saw the ending on TV. Man, when Hinske got the pinch HR (was it off Casilla), I figured, “Shite, HERE WE GO AGAIN. That game was miraculous. Oh wait. So was the clincher against the Phillies. When I was in the City of Brotherly So-Called Love. At the freakin’ ballet. Oh yeah. Seeing the finish in enemy territory. They haven’t recovered from that Ryan Howard take yet.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on September 24, 2012 at 6:28 pm

apologies for the missed period [not pregnant] and lack of question mark and omitted close quote marks

• twinfan1 said, on September 24, 2012 at 6:30 pm

It was off Sergio

• PawlieKokonuts said, on September 24, 2012 at 6:31 pm

wow; and home runs were and are pretty rare off him, right?

• twinfan1 said, on September 24, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Among the relievers, in the 2010 regular season, he gave up the most-6, in 62 innings. Not an outrageous total. Career he’s given up 17 in 230 innings- not bad. Of course they’re usually big ones in the 8th or 9th.

• twinfan1 said, on September 24, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Casilla has given up up 8 this year. Wilson was tough- 17 in 320 career innings. That was part of the torture, Brian would walk a guy before he’d give in.

31. twinfan1 said, on September 24, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Guesses on this year’s surprise big contributor? Of the starters, I don’t know who would really be a big surprise anymore. Probably Mudbug but he and his blog buddie were both big down the stretch. I’ll go with both. And hell, throw in Hector for the kid trifecta…

• PawlieKokonuts said, on September 24, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I almost went with that as the topic. I’ve said it before, I’m counting on Ryan Theriot. He is battle-tested. Tested last year in the WS w/ the Cards. The riot is my not-so-dark but Cajun horse.

• Bozo said, on September 24, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I’m sticking with Huff off the bench for this year’s surprise. If the Brandons and the rest of the starters do what they’ve done so far, we’re pretty solid. Although, if we’re just talking the starters I’m picking THE Kung Fu Panda, the dude is on fire (and, at the right time I might add).

Huff and Fu all the way.

32. eddacker said, on September 24, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Roma, all the way
    BW replacenent
    He is channelling the man

33. eddacker said, on September 24, 2012 at 6:45 pm

On too the playoffs, bay be!!

34. Flavor said, on September 24, 2012 at 6:56 pm

My post season players I think will get hot (or stay hot): Posey, Pagan, Panda, and Hector (not to trip any of you out, but I had a dream that he won the WS for us with the GW hit)
    Guys I think are going to have a sub-expectation 2012 post season: Belt, Crawford, Scutaro, Pence, Nady (in that order of worst to not as worse)
    Don’t read into any of this, it’s all just based off a feeling I have for how the post season is going to go. I do think we win the WS this year and I think Hector wins it for us somehow. I guess we’ll see how that unfolds……

35. eddacker said, on September 24, 2012 at 7:22 pm

With you, man

36. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 24, 2012 at 7:23 pm

My second postseason sleeper? Aubrey Huff.

Keep in mind that different rounds produce different heroes. I mean, Renteria was greater in the WS than the playoffs.

But enough of the past.

Onward and upward, hungry Gigantes! [somebody who knows the language can put all of that in Spanish, or Portuguese, or Korean OPPAN SANGNAM STYLE]

• Bozo said, on September 24, 2012 at 7:55 pm

I’m with you on Huff, Pawlie. See my 7:08 post (plus a few awhile back).

37. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 24, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Um, don’t you wish the playoffs started tomorrow? Or, NOW?

38. twinfan1 said, on September 24, 2012 at 7:41 pm

BTW, I don’t think my kid trifecta will have the best postseasons on the team, just that they’ll surpriise with better production than expected. . I’ll repeat my September call of Panda and Pence to lead the way…

• Flavor said, on September 24, 2012 at 7:49 pm

not to nit-pick, but you said “surprise big contributor” at 6:28pm and then in this post you said *surprise with better production than expected”. Those are two different things.
      With Belt’s August and September, expectations are actually fairly high (or at least should be) for what he’s going to do with the bat. I don’t see it in the post season, I think he’s going to try to do too much at the plate and strike out a lot. Crawford, too. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see them play well defensively. Craw’s expectation with the bat will always be lower than the rest of the regs so his hits will probably be viewed as *gravy* (unless they win a game or contribute to a win).

• twinfan1 said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:01 pm

I don’t think a big contribution is expected from very many young players in the post season. I know where you’re coming from on Belt, though.

• Flavor said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:08 pm

I re-read my 6:56pm and at first felt like I was being too negative. But you only need a couple of guys to get hot, shit you really only need one guy in a single at bat to *get hot* to win the WS.
        I’ve gone back and forth with how I think this *layoff* is going to affect us. There’s something to be said for getting rest and getting your rotation in order. There’s also something to be said for high-wiring it into the playoffs on the last day and running your adrenaline down to empty in exchange for a WS win.
        I think starting 2 games at home will be big. It’s going to bring back all the magic of 2010. THat’s why I want Timmy starting game 1, btw.
        I know we’ve had our home struggles but I the pitching staff has righted itself in enough starts recently to feel good about a nice playoff run. And it hasn’t made a lick of sense why we haven’t hit well at home this year. Our offense is filled with guys who spray the ball all over the field, we should be dominating the gaps and killing our opponents at home………

• twinfan1 said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:14 pm

And what I said is not necceassarily different- i expect both both to provide better production than expected and for both to be big contributors. Of course, if expectations are unrealistically high, then that may not be the be the case. And then there’s what’s a “big contribution”? I’ll just revise my posts and say I think they’ll both play well.

• Flavor said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:20 pm

“big contribution” is a wide ranging definition and I totally now understand your post.
        You could be 3-30 and still carry the team to the next level and be a big contributor in many different ways.
        My post was just a reference to overall game-2-game production. And I’m not talking about OPS (sorry James), I’m talking about *runs produced*–the only shit that matters over the course of a handful of games in a Fall classic…….

• twinfan1 said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Well, here’s a “big contribution” test for y’all. Freddy had one other hit in the NLDS besides the one Snarkk discussed. He was 2 for 16, didn’t drive in a run, and struck out 8 times. Was he a big contributor?

• Flavor said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:48 pm

absolutely.
        And after his epic Game 1 in the WS I don’t think he did shit after that. But still big contributor across the board.

39. paulinasia said, on September 24, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Nats pretty much dominated the Giants this year, and while I don’t think they’re any better now than they were in July, they’re probably no worse. Cincy seemed to get better as the year progressed. Two tough opponents. Here’s the good news: The Giants also are better… way better… than when they played these two teams earlier. Can’t wait. Agree that no one among that starting players would be a surprise contributor; any or all could deliver. My guess for “surprise” contributor is Nady.

• Bozo said, on September 24, 2012 at 7:59 pm

paul I went to all the games in DC and I’m not making excuses for the guys but it was about 1,000 degrees out there.
      I do want them playing the Nats, but like I said before it’s kind of a selfish thing because I might be able to hit a game or two.

• Flavor said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:12 pm

you skype at all? I have it downloaded on a shitty laptop that I’ve used to skype with Katie a few weeks each Summer when she’s in Sun Valley. I’m gonna take the lap top to Flapalooza 2.0 and we could raise the bar on that dial-a-shot shit if you skyped your ass into the flap party (scheduled for this coming Saturday, 5pm PST game vs the Padres—hit my email if you want to attend, we are at 6 now with others skyping in).

40. eddacker said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:28 pm

And how is it watching the teams that want to play us?
    We be the team. One game at a time.
    Yeah baby

41. twinfan1 said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:49 pm

OMG- the worst call of the year gives Seattle the win-

• Flavor said, on September 24, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Ha, for real? Can’t wait to see what has been worse than all the others. But we have homework and stuff to finish, I’ll check it out in the morning. Later.

42. twinfan1 said, on September 24, 2012 at 9:00 pm

First the Seattle receiver pushed off as flagrantly as any I’ve seen. Then Green Bay intercepts the pass anyway- their guy came down with the ball in his full possesion. After he was down, the Seattle receiver ( Tate) put both of his hands on the ball also. The refs called it a TD Seattle. A total travesty and it was the last and dercided the winner.

43. zumiee said, on September 24, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Green Bay got ripped off big-time. The whole NFL takes a hit with that travesty.
    And why the heck did Green Bay have to come out for the extra point? Since when is the extra point kicked on a game-winning touchdown as the clock runs out? Is that a new rule, or did I just never notice it before?

• zumiee said, on September 24, 2012 at 9:25 pm

The Green Bay coach saved the league even more embarrassment, by sending his guys back out there. It must have been tempting to say: “Seattle can kick their extra point, but we’re not going on the field for it, after that atrocious rip-off.”

44. eddacker said, on September 25, 2012 at 12:29 am

Are you guys talking football again?
    WTF?
    Do you guys realise how little news I get over here?
    My team is cruising into the playoffs and I am basking.
    I am not touching cloth, but Blade probably is.
    Give me more news, insight where we are going, is Huff on the 25 man? Is Voggy?

45. eddacker said, on September 25, 2012 at 12:37 am

What about the Giants being in the Hamilton race?
    Now there is a left fielder

46. eddacker said, on September 25, 2012 at 1:07 am

I just watched a show on TV where the subject said, “my family have lived here since the 1600s” and that is history. People who have loved on this tiny island. Secure, alone, comfortable. One stich at a time. It is why I love this country – the people.

47. eddacker said, on September 25, 2012 at 2:59 am

I am going to plan a book tour. At “the Books in the West”
    Pawlie just needs to get over to Scotland.
    Is there any better place for the team from the west?
    eddacker – bringing baseball to the UK
    (and) a sneaky way to get a signed copy.

48. Flavor said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:01 am

Forgot chuck is on sabbatical. I have something but gimmie an hour to finish it

49. eddacker said, on September 25, 2012 at 4:38 pm

you may say I’m a dreamer, but I am not the only one
    I hope some day you will join us
    and the world will live as one

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 452 other followers