Heady Days, Indeed . . .

Posted in Uncategorized by unca_chuck on September 25, 2012

These are good times to be a Northern California sports fan. The Giants just reached the playoffs, and won their division for the 2nd time in 3 years, and the 49ers are (minus Sunday’s hiccup) once again among the upper echelon teams of the NFL. The A’s are confounding everyone with their playoff run, and Stanford just beat USC. We haven’t had such good times since the Joe Montana/Jerry Rice/Matt Wiliams/Will clark days of the late 80s when the Giants reached the playoffs in 1987, the World Series in 1989, and the 49ers won the Super Bowl in 1988 and 1989. Prior to that, the closest they both got at the same time was the early 1970s with John Brodie/Gene Washington/Ted Kwalick and their crushing defense making the playoffs 3 straight years, and the Mays/Marichal/Bonds team that had a game up on the Clemente-led Pirates in 1971. Rarely do both San Francisco teams reach the pinnacle of their succes at the same time, so I’m for one basking in this.

Funny thing is, I was convinced the Giants would win the World Series in 1989 due to the fact that in 1969, the Jets and the Mets were champions, and in 1979 the Pirates and Steelers were champs. Come 1989 the Niners had won the Super Bowl, and when the Giants reached the World Series I though, perfect timing. Alas it didn’t happen, and hasn’t for both teams at the same time, but that really isn’t the point. The point is both franchises are doing fantastically well, and their fanbases couldn’t be any stronger. Good times.

Now, about those Warriors . . .

About these ads

1. TedSpe said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:16 am

True words, chuck, true words. And just think, when the Warriors move to San Francisco…

• willedav said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:32 am

Ted, I’d seriously doubt that happens. Too many weird beards in the way of anything like a stadium/arena getting built in SF. This issue would be prog heaven–another case of Lee/Pak and bigwigs pandering to corporate interests while ignoring yada yada. Can’t imagine how they plan to get 15-20 thousand fans in and out of that corner of the City. Might look and sound great on paper, but not happening, imo.
      Despite the product, W’s sell out Coliseum anyway, and they should be much improved this year=more sellouts, more gear, $$$$.

• unca_chuck said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:51 am

They sell out most of their games anyway. And they suck. I’ll believe improvement when I see it.

20 years of irrelevance will do that to a guy.

2. willedav said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:45 am

Read something from I think it was Henry about how SF is set up perfectly for Cain to open playoff series. If SF winds up with 3rd seed, when would that first home game be?
    Notice Dave Johnson is already complaining about not knowing who they would face, assuming of course his team holds onto top seed with best record. sounds to me like he is setting up a complaint about how Bud has rigged the whole sched if they lose.
    I’ve said before I don’t like it–the one game play in after 162 games already played is BS to me, and forcing the teams with better records to go on the road first seems ridiculous.
    I still think SF at third spot with two home games is in perfect spot for opening round.

3. unca_chuck said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:49 am

They get 42,000 out of there now, Willie. The site is right next to AT&T. At least last I heard . . .

• willedav said, on September 25, 2012 at 9:39 am

mmm, you could be right but I thought it was further up embarcadero and not as easily accessible. Just don’t think anything like what’s *planned* could ever get built in SF nowadays.
      Does carmen policy still live in that high rise with montana, and dream about what could have been built if eddie d was in charge, instead of watching niners (and the money bags) fly out the window to santa clara?

4. demp28 said, on September 25, 2012 at 9:19 am

Good times indeed for NoCal fans. Of course, outside of the Worriers, there is that hockey team in San Jose who is on the clock as far as winning a championship.
    Heard Jayson Stark of ESPN on KNBR this morning and he thinks the Giants are going back to the World Series. He likes the fact the first round plays in to the Giants favor by playing the first two at home with Cain and MadBum pitching. Stark also mentioned that the Reds Votto, Cueto and Chapman are having a bad September right now, for whatever that’s worth. Bottom line, I like the Giants chances. Bochy is a master at mixing and matching. See 2010.

• snarkk said, on September 25, 2012 at 9:56 am

Stark is a rare national writer clued in to the West Coast…

• PawlieKokonuts said, on September 25, 2012 at 6:06 pm

He knows baseball and has always respected the Giants, I feel. Face it, all Phillies fans have to grudgingly respect us, like it or not, after that called third strike on Ryan Howard, October 2010.. They are still shaking their heads. I’m getting my swagger back. Bring it on, biatches!

5. twinfan1 said, on September 25, 2012 at 9:39 am

Well, it appears likely that we’ll benefit from the lower seed gettting the first two games at home-of course it’s only an edge if we win both. If ever a series, indeed an entire postseason, was set up to test our Puppetmaster’s genius, this is the one.I’m in the minority in not liking that all 5 starters will be on the roster- and since ( as of now ) , Zits is not the guy I’d leave off, it can’t be attributed to my hatred for the Prince of the Demons. We should all be in agreement that we don’t want to see that that 5th starter in any game unless we’re up 22-0…so who gets left off- if they go with 12 pitchers, the guy would almost undoubtedly be out is Christian. If they go with 11, the decision is tougher- two pitchers have to go- Hensley seems a given to be out, then it’s between Mijares and Mota, IMO.Personally, I like the 3rd loogy, so Mota would be the odd man out. Keep in mind, this is what I’d do if forced to go with all 5 starters. I don’t like starters relieving. But I’ve been wrong before, 1957 comes to mind..It was a cereal dispute, if I recall..

6. willedav said, on September 25, 2012 at 9:51 am

Saw on yahoo that there s going to be an auction of some artwork by the Calvin and Hobbes guy.
    Loved that strip, saved one I used to have on a wall:
    First panel—Mom is calling him to dinner from downstairs.
    Second panel—Calvin is tied up in a chair with ropes around himself in his room boasting about escaping.
    Third panel–chair is moving as calvin says,” I just rock a little back and forth, no ropes can hold Me!”
    Fourth panel–chair is over backwards with all 4 legs in the air, while calvin says, “Whoops! OWWW!”
    And Hobbes says, “Good thing you tested this here before you tried it under water.”

• twinfan1 said, on September 25, 2012 at 9:59 am

Ahhh, was there ever a lad more ready to greet the day than Calvin ?

7. twinfan1 said, on September 25, 2012 at 10:19 am

I think there’s been about 5 hours of virtually uninterrupted coverage on ESPN of the terrible call that gave Seattle the game last night.. And it was indeed an awful call- but if we could have had this much outrage when we invaded Iraq the first day, the troops would have been home in time for happy Hour at Appleby’s and those delish appetizers..

• unca_chuck said, on September 25, 2012 at 10:41 am

We didn’t know we were being blatantly lied to. At the time.

I certainly had reservations about the yellow cake uramium and all that bullshit, but for the most part the administration supposedly had ironclad proof that there was some kind of devastating weapons program going on in Iraq. I wasn’t completely sold, but I really didn’t think they had the balls to fabricate as much as they did. The whole deal took years to unravel.

• demp28 said, on September 25, 2012 at 11:22 am

And this is why I don’t watch ESPN anymore. Too much coverage of the same thing over and over. And over. Did I mention over and over? Twinfan, I have a suggestion: change the channel.

• twinfan1 said, on September 25, 2012 at 11:27 am

Oh, I was interested in how long it would go, dude. I also watched Law and Order, and a 2010 Giants’ game at the same time. And took care of some chores..All that before you woke up, I’d guess.

• twinfan1 said, on September 25, 2012 at 11:40 am

I used to have a lot more electronics about. But I thought most people could actually watch more than one thing at a time, Demp. I can only watch 5 at a time now, if I want to. They’re still obsessing on it, BTW. And Ford just scored against the Rockies, and Ashley is falling through the cracks, bummer ..

8. twinfan1 said, on September 25, 2012 at 10:53 am

I’m not to argue the Iraq war with you, Chuck. But many of us knew we didn’t belong there from Day One. But the post had more to do with over the top coverage of the blown call.

9. twinfan1 said, on September 25, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I’m out for the day. See ya at game time.

10. snarkk said, on September 25, 2012 at 1:37 pm

I actually sent an email to the White House about a month before the Iraq invasion, when it became pretty obvious something big was going to happen. I told Dubya don’t do it. It would be a colossal mistake, lives lost, billions spent, and the result would be the Islamic world would be even more POd at us, with nothing solved in the end, except Sadaam gone and a mess on our hands. Seriously. I should have saved the email. No more than two paragraphs. I should have run for Congress. Though I’d lose by a bunch, I tell people what they don’t want to hear, and would probably insult my opponents…

• blade3colorado said, on September 25, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Props snarkk . . . In the hermetically sealed world of Republicans, recent polls reveal that upwards of 63 percent of Republican respondents still believe that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction when the United States invaded in 2003, even though this assertion has been thoroughly debunked. Additionally, 64 percent of Republican respondents believe that President Obama was born in another country. As the Huffington Post’s Dan Froomkin notes, “this latest poll result seems to indicate a refusal — unique to the modern Republican Party — to acknowledge facts.”

Couple that with Ed thinking he is going to win the Flap League, well let’s just say that the world is going bonkers in a hand basket.

P.S. Ed, bring your soup smack. I’m ready for it buddy! :-)

• unca_chuck said, on September 25, 2012 at 2:45 pm

The funny thing was (well, funny in a disgusting sort of way), what Cheney said in 1994 regarding Saddam was exactly what happened. There was no difference between the end of the Kuwait war and Iraq in 2003.

• unca_chuck said, on September 25, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Truth is, Bush reacted exactly the way bin Laden had hoped. Actually, it exceeded his expectations.

• blade3colorado said, on September 25, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I agree Chuck. The cost to us was exponentially greater – beyond what occurred on 9/11 . . . most of it self inflicted (e.g., soldiers and civilians killed since then, our freedom and privacy being diminished, treasure we’ve spent on war and security, group fear/paranoia, etc.) as you alluded to.

11. Macdog said, on September 25, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Back to normal, which for Timmy means Hector is the catcher:

CF Pagan
    2B Scutaro
    3B Sandoval
    1B Posey
    RF Pence
    C Sanchez
    LF Blanco
    SS Crawford
    P Lincecum

• ewisco said, on September 25, 2012 at 3:40 pm

If they’re going to go this route in the PS, they may as well get Belt some time in left. Blanco can come in for late inning defense and maybe get an AB.

• snarkk said, on September 25, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Good point. A coupla three games in LF for Belt in this last week and half would be good prep…

• twinfan1 said, on September 25, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Well, there’s zero reason not to do it tonight if that’s the plan.

12. demp28 said, on September 25, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Twinfan, no harm, no foul on the ESPN covering five hours or so of the aftermath of that debacle, or whatever else you watched for that matter.
    I actually woke up at 4 a.m. PST to get ready for work. I have a 50 mile commute both ways.

• unca_chuck said, on September 25, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Ouch.

• unca_chuck said, on September 25, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I’m for one good and goddamn grateful that I get to work from home. Especially when I get a little afternoon delight . . . Knock it off! Yes, my wife works at home as well . . .

(hey, now that the G’s have clinched, it’s getting slow around here)

• twinfan1 said, on September 25, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Everybody commutes 50 miles these days. Those who don’t commute 100, that is.

13. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 25, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Flappers: Got this good news today. A very fine review, from The Guardian: http://bit.ly/TwQNi7

• blade3colorado said, on September 25, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Yes, indeed. Way to go Paul!

• ferrethead said, on September 25, 2012 at 5:18 pm

That sounds like a book I’d like to read! Good on ya, Pawlie!

• unca_chuck said, on September 25, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Holy shit! Ferrethead! Long time no (virtual) see!

• PawlieKokonuts said, on September 25, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Ferrethead! We are thrilled to see ya. A good omen! Many times we gentlemen [question mark] have lamented your absence here. Welcome back.

14. twinfan1 said, on September 25, 2012 at 5:08 pm

There were pobably upwards of 5 million people who protested the invasion before it went down, Snarkk. Some of them *are* in congress. Yeah, you should have run. And saved that E-Mail…

15. ferrethead said, on September 25, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Warriors? I do not know what is this thing of which you speak. Honestly, if we only have to suck at one sport, I’d pick basketball everytime…though, if it’s a team choice, I’d want success for the Warriors over the Raiders. Dead or not, still don’t like Al Davis.

Yes, yes…I’m back. Just ended 18 months of soul-crushing employment. Trying to inch my way back into the world – it says something when I’d be happier living on unemployment than with a job. Hopefully, though, I’ll be off the government teat before I actually start suckling. Missed you all like crazy – doesn’t seem like too much has changed here.

• blade3colorado said, on September 25, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Good to see you back ferret :-)

• ferrethead said, on September 25, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Glad to see you, too, Blade. I’ve been thinking about my blog buddies all year.

• twinfan1 said, on September 25, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Hello.

• ferrethead said, on September 25, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Hello, yourself! Glad to see you’re still stirrin’ it up, twinnie!

• twinfan1 said, on September 25, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I would appereciate an E-mail. You know what about.
        michael.scott2@mchsi.com

• ferrethead said, on September 25, 2012 at 6:03 pm

One email sent. I think I know what it’s about, but if not I covered a few different bases just to be safe. <3

• twinfan1 said, on September 25, 2012 at 6:13 pm

And I responded. No worries, Jean.

• Flavor said, on September 25, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Hey there lady– have you been lurking or just now returning? Hope you have no problems posting. Lots of the guys wondered about your disappearance! And you should have played Fant baseball, Edd came in last pl last yr and he’s dominating this year (see standings to right). So obviously, the competition has gotten super soft! :)

• ferrethead said, on September 25, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Soft is just how I like my competition…except then everybody plays down to my level & I still can’t win! (Huh?) No, not lurking – first time back in forever. Whenever something great would happen I’d think about you guys & what you’d all be writing about it. So, I guess it’d be fair to say you have all be lurking in my heart. But, I’m feeling good, so I will do my best to stay better connected. It’s amazing how a job is like a relationship – bad one’s can just break your heart. I’m on to bigger & better things now (actually just better would suit me best), and after only two days off the job, I feel human again! So glad you’re all here still – god, that would have totally sucked if the blog were gone! Yay for BiggieFlav & the gang!!!

• blade3colorado said, on September 25, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Ferret, you should try to make it to our “Flapalooza 2.0″ . . . It’s this Saturday at 5pm

16. ferrethead said, on September 25, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Sounds like a blast! Kind of a long way for this old gal, but I promise I’ll think about it.

17. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 25, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Great to have Ferrethead back!!!

18. Salty said, on September 25, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Would have liked to make it for the flapalooza as well, but that’s a good trek for me as well.

19. Bozo said, on September 25, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Hey FH is back. Welcome back Ferret. Just so you know, the new Flap Blogger Code of Conduct Rules still allows for a good old fashion “Fuck You, Bozo” if it feels right to you.
    Cheers.

• ferrethead said, on September 25, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Well then, hello & a hearty Fuck You, Bozo!!! Gosh I missed you guys!

20. zumiee said, on September 25, 2012 at 7:19 pm

It doesn’t look good for me for the Flapalooza because of a previous commitment, but I will be at Thursday’s game, so….consider that being part of the Flapalooza weekend, sort of. (grin)

• Flavor said, on September 25, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Bummer Zumie, I hope you make the next one. Would love to shake your hand and see just what this *grin* looks like! :)

21. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 25, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Never mind the Feck you, Bozo remarks. Would it be out of line to hurl such an epithet to our hurler tonight? I don’t want to, but if I get permission here, I might. Besides, “feck” is harmless.

• Macdog said, on September 25, 2012 at 7:42 pm

It’s OK, there’s no reason to be feckless.

• Bozo said, on September 25, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I would say go for it Pawlie. That Feckless Timmy should keep canny tongues the fecking fecker.

22. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 25, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Twins pull ahead.

23. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 25, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Anytime Timmy keeps Goldschmidt in the ballpark I guess it’s a plus. We should have that guy just so he wouldn’t/couldn’t hurt us. HE KILLS US, ESP. TIMMY.

24. willedav said, on September 25, 2012 at 7:34 pm

OK, there’s my argument—Lincecum can’t pitch to Hector either, so fuck it. Posey by default, unless they activate whitey to the playoff roster. lol. And Belt stays at first vs. all comers.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on September 25, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Makes fecking sense to me, fer fecking fecksake.

• Flavor said, on September 25, 2012 at 7:58 pm

yeah. There isn’t anything that Hector’s doing that Posey is going like, “WHAT the fuck did that dude just call? Who could even IMAGINE calling that>!!>>!…. OMG! Calling a slider there? My mind is officially blown!!!!”
      And based on that passed ball, he’s not better at blocking balls in the dirt than Posey….
      Basically, Hector is the sacrificial human back stop that gets to hurl his body to and fro as Timmy bounces balls in-off-and-around the plate.
      Shit, if you look at it that way, it’s almost slightly racist. I kid, I kid (sort of)

• PawlieKokonuts said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:09 pm

No lie, Steve Blass recounts how when he was going through his Troubles, the Pirates would send Blass out in the morning at whatever ballpark and have him throw at this poor kid, no. 25 on the roster. Target practice. The kid once hid in the bushes to try to escape this torture. His name escapes me, but 99.9% sure he was a Latino. It was funny, but not funny.

25. Macdog said, on September 25, 2012 at 7:57 pm

The Reds and Nats are now tied for the best record, although the Nats are still listed as the top seed in MLB’s playoff bracket. I’m assuming this is because the Nats won the season series (5-2), so it looks like the Reds will have to finish ahead of the Nats in order to get the top spot.

26. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Now I’m hearing Dusty Baker suffered a mini-stroke. Hoping the best for him.

• Flavor said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:09 pm

About 10 minutes ago I thought to myself, “wow, not a single post for Dusty at the Flap today” (myself included). Thanks for stepping up…….

27. Macdog said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Feckin’ A . . .

28. Flavor said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:08 pm

that’s fucking insane. Goldschmidt isn’t human.

29. willedav said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:13 pm

bottom line, lincecum has zero leverage on who catches him. I’m not blaming Hector, but *comfort zone or not* Lincecum hasn’t been good most of the year, and he’s freaking awful tonite with zero command. When the guy is throwing like shit it doesn’t matter if johnny bench is behind the plate.
    He’s lucky bochy is leaving him in there so he can hopefully figure something out and leave feeling a little better.

30. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:14 pm

muthafeckincrocksuckingmuthafecker Goldschmidt. Good night, girls. Talk about o-w-n-a-g-e. Really depressing to me. Every time it seems Timmy has become Timmy again, he become the Pitcher Formerly Known as Zito.

31. Flavor said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:14 pm

this kinda feels like an “adrenaline ” minus the adrenaline. This was obviously the concern with clinching so early.
    Tim looks like he needs a shot of testosterone right now (or Clomid).

32. Bozo said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I’m thinking a two man rotation just went through Bochy’s mind.

33. unca_chuck said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Yeah, for a game that doesn’t matter, I sure as feck would like to see Timmy pitch a feckof a lot better than this.

34. demp28 said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Maybe Bochy should have left well enough alone and had Timmy pitch on his normal day; which would have been Sunday. That way, he would not have had to face his master, Mr. Goldshit. Good thing the Giants weren’t fighting the D-backs for the West title. Timmy would not have pitched this series. Dude keeps getting lit by Gibson’s Goons.

35. Bozo said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Fuck Feck.

36. Flavor said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:33 pm

What is going on with you dudes writing *feck* instead of *fuck*? You’re allowed to write f–u-c-k here. It’s one of the main reasons I started the blog. It’s literally one of my favorite words. There isn’t another word in the English language that is more direct or expressive and yet still possesses so many different meanings. You guys are probably thinking, “WTF is Flavor talking about” but when you go to sleep tonight think it over a little more, you’ll see what I’m talking about…..
    For instance, it’s not really a 1 syllable word. Say it with an emphasis on the *K*.
    There ya go, 2 syllables.
    You just learned more with that grammar lesson than you probably did at any other point in your day today. Admit it. :) :) :)

37. unca_chuck said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:45 pm

OK, fuck this fucking piece of fuck game, fuck-o

38. Flavor said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:47 pm

7 earned on Timmy? The Zito/Timmy ERA race was over long ago but tonight Timmy put a dagger in it……

39. unca_chuck said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:47 pm

IT’s kinda like the feeling I got watching District 9. It was a South African sci fi movie, and everyone was saying focking this and focking that. All I could think was ‘what the fuck is all this fock?

• blade3colorado said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:50 pm

They couldn’t pronounce fuck? How about feck?

40. blade3colorado said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:50 pm

That was probably Lincecum’s last game before the playoffs, i.e., they’re not likely to pitch him again in my opinion. Good move by Bochy if he decides to go that way. Per ESPN, Cards are saying they are doing the same thing after Wainwright pitches against the Nats Friday.

• Flavor said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:53 pm

I think he gets another start but I won’t be shocked if this was it.

• Macdog said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:55 pm

K&K said he’ll probably get another start, just not sure when.

• blade3colorado said, on September 25, 2012 at 9:01 pm

There are definitely sufficient games remaining, but I hope they give him a physical and mental break Mac.

41. twinfan1 said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:54 pm

I didn’t notice before, Blade. You’re a “Botchy” guy?

• blade3colorado said, on September 25, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Absolutely Twin . . . You didn’t know that? In my mind, Bochy and Sabean have always made the right call (based upon the information available to them). Regarding Sabean, I would be shocked to find out that he had anything to do with the Zito acquisition, except in following orders from up above.

Yeah, I love both of them and Bow Tie too. Still can’t believe that coup.

• twinfan1 said, on September 25, 2012 at 9:04 pm

I was referring to the spelling of Bochy that you used. It’s the common one for those who don’t like him.

• blade3colorado said, on September 25, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Like you, sometimes I type a bit fast and/or transpose letters.

• twinfan1 said, on September 25, 2012 at 9:15 pm

I was just asking, I have never thought you were a Botchy person. Sorry for asking but it’s just so common among his detractors…

• twinfan1 said, on September 25, 2012 at 9:18 pm

I don’t type fast, just the opposite. I do transpose and/or omit letters, words, whole sentences. I do try to edit my stuff, not always successfully.

• blade3colorado said, on September 25, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Surprised I did it 3 times straight, usually my mind is near eidetic . . . Anywho, now that I have the edit feature, I can correct my mistakes.

42. twinfan1 said, on September 25, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I doubt they’d want this to be Tim’s last start before the playoffs. It would be a gamble, it wouldn’t be a good thing if he got bombed sgain, but tonight was his worst start since early July. I’d think they’d want to get a decent 3 inning or so tune up. IMO..

• Flavor said, on September 25, 2012 at 9:10 pm

I’ve honestly never seen Timmy acquiesce to failure in a single game the way he did tonight. No fight, no emotion, no nothing.

• blade3colorado said, on September 25, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I have Gamecast this evening, so no idea about his body language and outward emotions. Flav, he didn’t even seem pissed out there?

• Flavor said, on September 25, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I didn’t catch every emotion and missed a few pitches, but what I saw was a dude just going through the motions—pitched like it, too…….

• blade3colorado said, on September 25, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Those red, blue and green “blips” on Gamecast and Fantasy League never show any emotion. However, with regard to my fantasy league teams, I am providing all the “fecks, fucks, cocksuckers, SOBs” and other sound effects . . . usually at maximum volume. :-)

• twinfan1 said, on September 25, 2012 at 9:35 pm

I really don’t think he expected this. He *did* look resigned to it. When Goldblat or whatever his name is hit the ball off the foul pole, he looked totally emotionless.

• eddacker said, on September 25, 2012 at 9:38 pm

What the fuck is up with Timmeh?

43. Macdog said, on September 25, 2012 at 10:20 pm

The Dodgers’ tragic number is now 4.

44. TedSpe said, on September 25, 2012 at 10:36 pm

As for me, I think Richard Burton said it best when he said:

Bridgeforamtortbethesustaywayin.
    I swear
    (that’s Welsh)

Posey’s got 99 RBIs. That’s one away from serious consideration for MVP. Especially from a catcher.
    Goodnightmen (question mark)

45. ferrethead said, on September 25, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Yeesh, that was painful…

46. eddacker said, on September 26, 2012 at 4:27 am

HELLO, Ferret. Loving the giants as much as I am?

47. eddacker said, on September 26, 2012 at 4:29 am

One other post that will never be read
    BF forget the skype Google+ is the way . . . .
    after all they own YouTube
    I have used them for videos and it is flawless

48. eddacker said, on September 26, 2012 at 4:35 am

just create an account if you do not have a Google account and away you go

49. eddacker said, on September 26, 2012 at 4:44 am

Newton invented calculus
    I love science
    Just think, invented calculus
    and he was 23
    my life has been so bare

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 497 other followers