Balance or lack of same

Posted in Uncategorized by willedav on October 13, 2012

OK I love the 2012 version of Giants and their balanced LU.  We get contributions up and down plus off the bench and no longer have to play station to station all the time.  Sure we have an MVP, but there is so much more.  And while I admire the steadiness of posey and the consummate professionalism of Scutaro at the plate, that’s not today’s theme. It’s the unbalanced ones, 3Ps–Pablo Pence Pagan.

Pagan did not have much love from this corner at the start.  His early days at leadoff coupled with some misadventures in the OF did not make for happy times.  After the AS break, tho everything changed. He solidified leadoff and CF position and ran the bases like  a demon.  He says all the right things and brings that latin fire and respect for the game I love.  El Caballo still gets a little Loco at times but I also did the energy he brings, and not just to the leaping end of game celebrations.

Pence is just odd.  Awkward might be an improvement.  From the way he roams around RF to his batting stance to his gyrations in the on deck circle, it is just a trip to watch this guy’s unconventional approach to everything.  But he has tremendous power, hustles his butt off, and gives pre game exhortations that would make any Texas HS football coach proud.

Pablo has been here for years now but some people just can’t adjust to what he is. He’s big…which has zero to do with how well he can hit. Hell he hit .300 last year when nobody else did jack.   He can swing at anything, but is also capable of hitting any pitch he can reach off a wall or over one.  He is great teammate who interacts animatedly with one and all.

So that’s my guys the 3 Ps

You get the good the bad and the ugly in equal parts

But that’s the whole Package

Which ain’t always gonna be Pretty

but sho is Productive

About these ads

1. paulinasia said, on October 14, 2012 at 7:37 pm

A little surprised Tim is out already but I guess that sets him up for a start…. Bochy’s wheels are turnin’….

2. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 14, 2012 at 7:37 pm

We really can, must, should, may, WILL win this game. C’mon, Gigantes! #believe

3. paulinasia said, on October 14, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I hate Buck and McCarver, as most do, but from what I’ve seen so far, he’s actually saying more “good” things about the Giants…. I don’t remember him EVER saying anything good in 2010, like he was rooting against them.

4. twinfan1 said, on October 14, 2012 at 7:50 pm

I hate the ‘what might have been” game. but it’s hard not to play it after MadBum’s outing.. now let’s make it academic. And who better than Tony Bennett to get it going?

• Bozo said, on October 14, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Funny, I think that’s what you wanted all along twin (a “what might have been game”). But hey, if we win in five Bochy’s job is cool right?
      It’s a funny thing, if we lose you’re right, if we win you’re right.
      Well I hope you’re right about the win.
      Go Giants.

• twinfan1 said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Never said anyhing about wanting a “what might been” game. I did say that starting MadBum was wrongo and did say if we lost the series without Lincecum having a significant role, Bochy would be in trouble.So I’m only one for one so far and I’m totally confident we will win the series…

• twinfan1 said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:12 pm

See, whether I wanted MadBum to start or not, I wanted him to succeed.There seems to be some confusion about whether I want the team I’ve rooted for for 38 years to do well.

• Bozo said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Agreed, I was confused by that, I truly believed you wanted Madison to fail. For some reason, I still believe that. My bad. I’ll tell you what I think is a good idea, I’ll ignore anything you say and if you feel the need, you can ignore me. Sound good?
        Cheers.

• twinfan1 said, on October 14, 2012 at 9:12 pm

When MadBum had a 1-2-3 first I aready had my apology ready for ever doubting him or Bochy for using him. But how anyone who has paid any attention at all would doubbt my allegience to this team is a true mind boggler. Hope you’re doing well…

5. shaman138 said, on October 14, 2012 at 7:50 pm

I live in SF …..this city is stunned
    Fuck st. Louie

6. twinfan1 said, on October 14, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Wow.

7. blade3colorado said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Mujica was untouchable. Sigh.

8. Macdog said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Anibal earlier today, Mujica just now. What few Marlins fans there are must be sick watching this.

9. blade3colorado said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:02 pm

I guess with “torture” baseball, you have to wait until the 9th inning, 2 outs, 3-2 count before knowing the result.

10. Fugazi said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Wow, Casilla didn’t come in and screw the pooch. There’s still hope

11. twinfan1 said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Cards pen blew 22 save opportunities with a 66 percent success rate. Those are poor numbers and they’re blowing us away. Well, there’s still Motte.He was 42 for 49.

12. eddacker said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:25 pm

the look on Casilla’s face was fight, the look on Madison’s face was worry.
    or fear. Very disappointed to hear the gfans booing Beltran before his HR which is the difference in this game.
    WE SCORE WE WIN

13. eddacker said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Kontos came in one batter too late, but we have battled back.

14. zumiee said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Get your rally caps on, people.
    There’s something happening here
    What it is ain’t exactly clear

15. eddacker said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:30 pm

we like Mijares, the pen getting it done again tonight
    so far all the 6 run loser games have been off the BP, getting to Motte is the task
    Go Giants!

16. eddacker said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:31 pm

channeling barry bonds
    will we see Huff? Hector or just hell yeah?

• zumiee said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:33 pm

We’ve already seen Huff. He walked, I think.

17. paulinasia said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Pagan needs to get it going atop the lineup for the team to win, it seems…. Hopefully that starts tomorrow.

18. paulinasia said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Or maybe it starts tonight….

19. paulinasia said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Best of 7 series plus the G’s ability to win on the road… no worries. Tomorrow will be tough against Carpenter but Voggie could shut ‘em down. Offense just needs more rallies. Enough with scoring in just one inning per game, even if that number has been a large crooked one of late….

20. blade3colorado said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Pffffffffffffffffft! Wait until next game for the pay back . . .

21. zumiee said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Some signs of life in the offense tonight. They came back and made a game of it. We need Vogie to be VOGEL-TRON again tomorrow.

22. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:55 pm

G’night, girls. We made it interesting. Sleep beckons. A new day tomorrow.

23. eddacker said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:57 pm

absolutely correct zumie, we did not lie down and the pen was brilliant. My quote from yesterday:
    Right now, the Giants just don’t know what sort of starting pitcher they’re going to send out each game.

• zumiee said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Right. Even a half-way decent performance from MadBum would have gotten us there tonight, but we didn’t even get half-way from him.

24. twinfan1 said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Carpenter is tough and he threw a gutty 5+ inning 7 hit no run game in the NLDS, but he threw just 17 innings in the regular season. Vogelsong is also a tough competitor. These two may have the best scowls in the game…

25. Bozo said, on October 14, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Get ‘em tomorrow Giants!

26. eddacker said, on October 14, 2012 at 9:04 pm

and the game starts an hour earlier, midnight BST practically an early game for me.

and it is all about me

27. eddacker said, on October 14, 2012 at 9:05 pm

good night, all
    Get ‘em tomorrow Giants!

28. Flavor said, on October 14, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Pfffftttt…. well, I’m not sweating this. We learned a lesson after we went down 0-2 in a 5 game series. But fuck, this home losing shit is played out and tired.
    Carpenter could shut us down or have his arm fall off during a pitch. Neither would surprise me.

29. Fugazi said, on October 14, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Get em tomorrow Boys, long ways to go in this series.

Later…

30. twinfan1 said, on October 14, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Game one has always been no biggie.Especially if you lose it ;-)
    After the 4 run inning followed by the shutdown inning from Tim I really thought we’d win this , though. So what’s Plan B after MadBum’s outing, which would be politely called “not real good”…Zito shouldn’t be here at all if he doesn’t get a start. So ahead or behind, unless down 0-3, it’s Zito in game 4, Timmy in 5. IMO …

31. ferrethead said, on October 14, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Bright side, we already scored more runs in one home game than we did in two in the NLDS – that’s a plus! And, hey, a record for neither pitcher lasting 4 innings – records are always a good thing, right? Ummm…I had a lovely time with my aunt & uncle – corned beef, coleslaw, fresh strawberries & Tate’s cookies – that’s a win in my book.

We’ll get ‘em tomorrow – Vogel-tron FTW!!!!!

32. twinfan1 said, on October 14, 2012 at 9:47 pm

No mealoaf?

33. Macdog said, on October 14, 2012 at 10:46 pm

At least I had a little levity watching the game with my daughter. She kept flipping out over all the Cards with alliterative names: Daniel Descalso, Lance Lynn, Chris Carpenter, Jon Jay, and then later, Skip Schumaker. I didn’t dare tell her who their manager was.

• eddacker said, on October 15, 2012 at 1:24 am

that is so funny, great anecdote, thanks.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 486 other followers