Kokonut’s Big Big Adventure With the Trophy

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on January 19, 2013

Pawlie went to Finnerty’s today to beat off to our trophy. Figuratively speaking, of course. I think….I hope.

As I understand it, Finnerty’s is like a *west coast Norcal* oasis. Or maybe it’s just a Giant’s baseball place, I dunno. He can speak to that better than I can.

Anyway, here are 2 photo’s he sent me. Earlier today he was texting me about *getting kicked out* of something. Katie had my phone and demanded to know who I am friends with that’s getting kicked out of places, lol. I explained that it had to do with a line to see the world series trophy and that he was going back in. Then I got a text from him saying “you will get an email with pic from a Melanie”. I never got an email but I did get a pic sent to me on my phone from a number I didn’t recognize. i DID recognize the mug in the pic. Nice looking girls he’s with, too.

pawlie&hotties

And then I got sent a pic of Pawlie touching our glorious prize. Here it is:

pawlieshandgreat pic, my man and I know you enjoyed your day……

He also had a Loo interaction, sort of. After inviting Loo to meet him at Finnerty’s he received an email back from Anita detailing their missed interaction. Sorry, I love Loo and he’s welcome back any time, any day, no questions asked. But I think Anita is Loo’s *Lennay Kekua*.

And I’m not down with made up people.

But like I’ve said, maybe I’m wrong. I’ve been wrong many times before………

About these ads

1. twinfan1 said, on January 19, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Sounds like quite a day.Here’s a cool little video of the last out of the 2010 WS at Finnerty’s..

• pawliekokonuts said, on January 19, 2013 at 6:56 pm

me likey

2. pawliekokonuts said, on January 19, 2013 at 6:59 pm

No, that’s Ran, short for Randall or Randolph, not Macdog. But Macdog joined us on 14th Street. I was outta control with Melanie and Amie. Even a casual, passing stranger would muse, “It’s a good thing this dude DOESN’T drink.” I told both gals they had nice voices (you know, the scratchy Courtenay Cox kind) and that they should be in radio or voiceovers. It became a theme. Like Letterman. “Hey, you should do voiceovers.” Over and over. “I just started a voiceover company, in fact.” Godblessem for even tolerating me.

• Macdog said, on January 19, 2013 at 8:57 pm

The woman on the right in the Pawlie picture has a cool necklace: a Panda, a Shark, a Giraffe, a weird-looking figurine with bulging eyes (Pence), etc. Pawlie sure knows how to find ‘em. Or maybe it’s the other way around.

3. pawliekokonuts said, on January 19, 2013 at 7:06 pm

I guess I feel compelled to jot notes here before I forget. As I’ve done before. Met Ashkon. He is a kind, friendly, humble, delightful guy. Gave all kinds of love to the Flap. Oddly, I am always surprised that someone has NOT heard of the Flap.

4. twinfan1 said, on January 19, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Great news from the Weight Room rumor mill- the Freak and the Panda weigh 410 between them..
    Uh-oh.. that’s 130 and 280…

5. Bozo said, on January 19, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Is Panda out of the hospital yet? I thought he went in for colitis or something about abdominal pain (no joke).

6. twinfan1 said, on January 19, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Yeah, he’s back with his team in the VWL and it was colitis. Pagan has suffered from that, too.
    I don’t know what he weighs, really..

7. unca_chuck said, on January 19, 2013 at 9:28 pm

I always loved that line in that Beatles song . . . The girl with colitis goes by . . .

• Flavor said, on January 19, 2013 at 9:45 pm

never thought of that, thanks for ruining that song. :)
      Whatever, I never really liked the Beatles anyway.

• unca_chuck said, on January 19, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Yeah, I always thougth they sold out like mofos to get their coin.They were a bunch of punks that went squeaky-clean and wholesome. Some of their later stuff was good, but still . . .

8. eddacker said, on January 20, 2013 at 1:04 am

holy fuck – macdog, giants’ mgmt, ashkon, trophy, finnerty’s
    I did laundry, mopped the kitchen floor and a quick shop at Safeway.
    my life sucks
    AND I would like to point out that I have been wearing my (official mlb) SF Giants cap every day for four months now and not ONE remark from a member of the audience! Except the once, near the library, someone heard my californiano accent, started a short conversation and then asked me where I was from. I was crying on the inside as I point to the bright orange SF on my cap. “oh” he sheepishly grins.

• Bozo said, on January 20, 2013 at 6:10 am

Hey edd, that sure is a good looking lid ya got there.

9. snarkk said, on January 20, 2013 at 2:18 am

Attributed to Earl Weaver, and I thought appropos of today’s football championship games, as good as they will (should) be. I agree with him…

“You can’t sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You’ve got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That’s why baseball is the greatest game of them all.”

• willedav said, on January 20, 2013 at 8:49 am

As Jenkins likes to point out, weaver was also anti-pitch count guy. He quotes some incident with weaver and a pitcher on the bench keeping track and weaver says he’ll know when to take the guy on the mound out.

• Macdog said, on January 20, 2013 at 9:29 am

The Baltimore Sun has this excellent lede to its Weaver obit:

Earl Weaver penned his own epitaph.

“On my tombstone just write, ‘The sorest loser that ever lived,’ ” he once said.

• twinfan1 said, on January 20, 2013 at 9:34 am

Yeah, I doubt Earl ever thanked anybody for kicking his ass.

• twinfan1 said, on January 20, 2013 at 9:32 am

To be fair, almost everybody was anti-pitch count back then.Pitch count is an issue now because, as Tim Keown writes
      “But the emphasis on pitch counts and innings limits obscures a central fact: Pitchers are overpitched and undertrained. The reason everybody goes nutty when the White Sox allow Chris Sale to throw 115 pitches on May 28 and 119 on June 3 isn’t because there’s some magic number that portends weakness or injury or imminent surgery. Instead, it’s because most professional pitchers aren’t allowed to train their arms to throw 110-plus pitches in a game and be in a position to be strong five days later.”
      The pitch count has become neccessary to compensate for lack of training.Here’s Keown’s article (I sure we all remember him from here, he’s one the best baseball writers in the country).

10. eddacker said, on January 20, 2013 at 6:44 am

If you get a chance watch today’s Australian Open the Djokovic game.
    a game that has everything, two bulls locking horns, Frazier-Ali most brilliant tennis
    amazing

11. salty said, on January 20, 2013 at 8:27 am

Way to go kokonuts. I’m going to make the pilgrimage in Sept, have a drink at that establishment and salute the die hard fans there.

12. Alleykat said, on January 20, 2013 at 10:54 am

Now that’s #1 BF!!!
    Having the Legend Willie Mays “24″ with his back and njmber for the world to see,as he ketches that blast off the bat of Vic Wertz!!
    Willie always said,that even wasnt his greatest catch,but he was most proud that nobody advanced on the bases,as he spun around a threw a laser back to 2nd base.
    Al Rosen our GM during the Roger Craig era,and who played on that great Indians team that won 116 games that year and were heavy favorites to win the W/S,instead got “Smoked” 4-0 by Mays and the NY Giants!!!
    Rosen always said later that “Catch” was the greatest play he’s ever seen.and was the turning point of the Series.

Our own former GM Al Rosen,on that Cleveland.
    Indians team that won 116 games that year,and were beavily favored in the W/S

13. willedav said, on January 20, 2013 at 11:12 am

Here’s hoping Crabtree rekindles a fond memory I have of SF vs. Atl, and turns someone into the new Charles Dimry.

14. blade3colorado said, on January 20, 2013 at 11:38 am

Great pic Pawlie! Is that Mac to your right???????????? Oh, and the girls . . . OOH LAA LAA!

New post on my blog . . . out of here (I am climbing a volcano today).

• Flavor said, on January 20, 2013 at 4:06 pm

safe travels, Steve….

• blade3colorado said, on January 21, 2013 at 2:16 am

Thank you flav!

15. zumiee said, on January 20, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Congrats to the 49ers!
    —–
    And the Beatles were the greatest rock band in history, and obviously don’t need me to defend their legacy.

16. zumiee said, on January 20, 2013 at 4:00 pm

NE seems ready to carve up the Ravens. Should be a 49er/Patriot Super Bowl. The media will get to interview two of the oddest personality headcoaches around.

17. Bozo said, on January 20, 2013 at 4:27 pm

I’m greedy I tell ya, I’m just one greedy motherfucker. I want the trifecta (Giants, Obama and Niners). Number Six, baby, is it to late to change my tickets to NOLA to get there one week early?
    I’m a bit crazed right now, so CHEERS Flappers, Clown out!!

18. twinfan1 said, on January 20, 2013 at 4:31 pm

So far the Ravens are resisting that carving knife.

• zumiee said, on January 20, 2013 at 7:47 pm

And so they did. (grin)

19. unca_chuck said, on January 20, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Blade, wherever you are, THE NINERS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!

20. blade3colorado said, on January 20, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Chuck, I have tried to post the same message 3 times already, but my connection keeps dying in Bumfuck, New Zealand . . . one more time – A Kiwi just told me a few minutes ago that the Niners are going to the Superbowl, but more surprising – at least to me – is that the Ravens are going. WOW! In my mind, the Niners will win this game and if they don’t, what a let down that would be. GO 49ERS!

21. blade3colorado said, on January 20, 2013 at 10:27 pm

By the by, can someone confirm that it is the Niners and Ravens (I am getting this information from a Kiwi). Ha.

• snarkk said, on January 20, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Niners 28-24.
      Ravens 28-13.
      The Harbowl is up next…

• blade3colorado said, on January 21, 2013 at 2:19 am

Bro against bro, huh? Interesting.

22. Nipper said, on January 21, 2013 at 5:08 am

The media is really going to over do the brother thing. Blah…blah….blah…etc. etc..

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 452 other followers