Winning It All— The Life of a Sports Fan

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on February 2, 2013

I’ve been a sports fan ever since my dad taught me how to read by shoving that dull green Sporting Green in my face and saying “Read”. You don’t stop to think about it too much, but the goal of every season, no matter the sport, is to win it all. Obviously there’s a lot more that goes into it and the entertainment and joy you get out of watching a season’s worth of games is priceless. Being a fan is just part of who I am. It’s part of my identity.

But I’m pretty rigid, I don’t like all sports. My fan interest goes baseball, football, horse racing, basketball and golf. After those 5 the rest of the list degenerates into a black hole that includes hockey, soccer and swimming. I call that hole “The Olympics” and with each passing year that hole gets a little blacker……

SF Giants Titles:

2010 and 2012. They have 5 other titles but I feel like a bit of a hanger-on to claim the first 5.

SF 49ers (I hate trying to figure out the actual year a  team wins the super bowl. I feel like you should count just the year they played almost all of their games but they win the actual title in January (and now February) of the NEXT year. College football is even worse with bowls that are won on January 1st. It’s an annoying pet peeve of mine. Anyway, for the purposes of this blog post I will just list off the years they played all of their regular season games):

1980, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1994

Stanford Cardinal:

Rose Bowl winners in 1970, 1971 and 2012

Golden State Warriors (it’s a little easier to split the championship years up when you talk about an NBA championship):

1974-75

_________________________

Now, I was too young to celebrate the Dub’s title so while I count it, I don’t count it the same way I count the other 8. Same with the Cardinal Rose Bowls from ’70 and ’71. Seeing Jim Plunkett in person does nothing for me. Seeing Joe Montana in person causes me to nearly sport wood and I turn into a goofy, babbling mess. So, if you’re keeping score at home, the two Giants titles, the five Niner titles and this year’s Rose Bowl win (and even though I said “this year” I’m talking about the 2012 football season goddammit)  are emblazoned on my soul for eternity……..

I didn’t learn how to appreciate those rare 8 seasons until around 2008 or 2009. Around 2004, my 4 favorite sports teams went into a cumulative fourway suckfest for multiple years in a row. The Niners carried me through the 80’s and almost all of the Nineties. The Giants covered the latter part of the eighties and a few years in the nineties as well as the first part of the current millennium. Stanford had their share of bowl wins and appearances sprinkled in over the years. The Warriors had Run-TMC and a fun little first round playoff win vs Dallas……

But by 2009 or so, I was dealing with the unknown, uncomfortable feeling of not being able to fire off my customary “knowing dude head nod” to my fellow *knowing dudes* who I would pass on the street or see at a bar. My teams all sucked. And I didn’t like that feeling…..

And then 2010 happened. And to reinforce the feeling, 2012 happened courtesy of the Giants and The Cardinal. And the Niners came back to their rightful spot atop the football world last year when they just missed the Super Bowl. Now we ARE in the Super Bowl. And being a Niner fan, the only feeling I have about this game  is a dominating sense of swelled pride. So I expect tomorrow to be a very, very good day in the life I lead on the earth that I walk. But regardless of the outcome I will stop, many times, to appreciate the moment. Over the course of a sports fan’s life, days like tomorrow are few and far between………

About these ads

1. twinfan1 said, on February 2, 2013 at 7:44 am

Well, if you want to put it in the thread- it’s fair to comment and I will- a girl who’s been working there for 5 years to get left off is wrong-and she’s 100% right …That Glen Beck is on the “No on Lenz” side of the issue makes it EZ call-YES on Lenz!
    This pic is great- Courtney is out and two TT cougars who look they been rode too hard too long are on the team…

tts

• sandy32koufax said, on February 2, 2013 at 10:14 am

Courtney wouldn’t do what those cougars would…

• twinfan1 said, on February 2, 2013 at 10:19 am

Give one a nice STD? Probably not.I think those Cougars need to be retired to the 209..

• sandy32koufax said, on February 2, 2013 at 11:13 am

Not the valley, I kinda like it there. Send them to Long Beach. Snoop Dawg has a spot for them on “The Stroll”

2. unca_chuck said, on February 2, 2013 at 7:49 am

1980 and 1983 were the Raider years. 1981 1984 1988 and 1989 were the Niners seasons. 1994 is right.

• ferrethead said, on February 2, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Thank you Chuck. I knew the 1980 was wrong, because I watched all of those ’81 games with my dad’s friend my first year of college. (Damn, I’m old!)

3. unca_chuck said, on February 2, 2013 at 7:54 am

Yeah, the almost-were’s were very crushing, especially for the Giants. 1989 seemed inevitable and an afterthought due to the earthquake, but 2002 was a soul crushing defeat. That was awful and brutal and to be THAT close and not get there, when it was in our grasp, was painful. Finally getting over that hump was glorious. Last season is just biscuits and gravy , , ,

• Flavor said, on February 2, 2013 at 9:03 am

Chuck, I sent you an email, please check it. Thanks.

4. Macdog said, on February 2, 2013 at 8:10 am

I have absolutely no problem reveling in the 5 titles won as the NY Giants. Especially when I see countless Yankees fans walking around in shirts/jackets proudly proclaiming their 27 World Series titles, 20 of which happened between 1923-62 when most of these people either weren’t born or likely weren’t old enough to remember most of them. That the Giants bring the trophy back to NYC only reinforces their place in history. The hoodie I got after 2010 has all (up to then) six title years on it. Now I need an updated one! And as Z pointed out yesterday, counting the history puts us 1 up over the Dodgers.

5. twinfan1 said, on February 2, 2013 at 10:28 am

The new Raven Cheerleaders- not an ounce of extra fat anywhere…
    fat

6. Bozo said, on February 2, 2013 at 11:01 am

On the end of last thread, I made a comment this morning following a nipper post of “Fightin words?”
    After my post I was warned by the blog bully not to “move” my comment to this thread. If this had been the blog moderator, I would have respected it. A warning (threat?) from a blog bully doesn’t really fly with me, so I had to repost.

Bozo said, on February 2, 2013 at 6:54 am (Edit)

Fightin words, Nip? How about these.

I hope Culliver gets into the game and makes an INT TD.
    I hope Alex Smith isn’t traded or released and sits on the bench next year.
    I hope we get one more good year from the Panda and he’s packaged with Andres TornanewassholeinNY in the offseason.

Now those words should get some blood boiling.

• sandy32koufax said, on February 2, 2013 at 11:08 am

Is nipper really hawk too?

Fuck trolls is all I have to say anymore-they really aren’t worth the time. Like the old beer commercial used to say “You only go around once…”

• Bozo said, on February 2, 2013 at 11:14 am

sandy the reply wasn’t from Nipper, sorry if I alluded to that.My post was just following a Nipper post and the warning was made by another poster here.

And, even being a Giants fan, Koufax was an amazing pitcher. That curve of his blew my mind when I was a kid.

• twinfan1 said, on February 2, 2013 at 11:25 am

Sandy, Nip is Natalie Wood inciting the boys at “Chickie Run”. Bozo and Kat took the bait.

• sandy32koufax said, on February 2, 2013 at 11:45 am

meh, whoever the guy is, why blog together if it’s only about a fight? Differing viewpoints are cool but no need to elevate the BP. I’m at the point where, usually, I won’t take the bait/invitation to a virtual showdown. Who needs extra BS, amirite?

Ya, Koufax had a wicked break on his curve but his fastball was pretty to watch too. How many guys miss read that baby? Giants pitching has been unbelievable the past few years but when I was a kid, Perry, Marichal and whomever was on staff were the standard, to me, of SF pitching. I think they are still all-time greats but I can understand younger people that never saw them thinking Lincecum, Cain, etc., are the big shit in the scheme of being a Giants fan.

BTW, saw the entry about Daisy the bartender and thought WTF??? because I know a Daisy that tends bar at a bar in SF.

• twinfan1 said, on February 2, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Sandy, some commenters just don’t have a mindset rooted in the last couple of centuries. This Niner thing is a serious deal- as the team is already acknowledging.This isn’t Alabama- the players are expected to understand our culture and respect our diversity. It’s just too bad that some don’t understand the hypocrisy of releasing Jacobs for knocking management (with good reason) and, well… you know the rest.

• sandy32koufax said, on February 2, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Hey tf, I’m more than happy to discuss this at zeke’s…

• Alleykat said, on February 2, 2013 at 11:14 am

Damm good “Fightin Words” Bozo!!
      Agree with you totally,You fucking Clown!! :-)
      The blog ruler is up in Reno,laying some scratch on the Niners I presume.
      Only the Powerfull OZ…uhh BF has the final word on his blog.

• twinfan1 said, on February 2, 2013 at 11:14 am

Well, it was a good idea to keep ot there, Bozo. You posted that to try to start another fight, knowing I like Panda, Smith, and Torres, and knowing I thought Culliver should have beenn suspended. Totally inflammatory post with the intent of starting something. Way to go.

• Bozo said, on February 2, 2013 at 11:36 am

The sad part twin, I also liked Smith, Torres and Pablo has been one of my favorites since his rookie year (Culliver I really didn’t know much about him until recent events). But your take on this blog concerning those players gets to be a bit much. Like jack hammer much. Regardless of what you think or say over and over, you aren’t their only fan.

And, you telling someone else here that what they said is a “Totally inflammatory post with the intent of starting something.” is laughable. Do you look in the mirror much?

• twinfan1 said, on February 2, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Bozo, I like you.It’s too bad you’ve developed an illogical problem with me. I haven’t said anything for a long time about most of what you attempting to bait me with. Culliver? – now you can fucking listen to the boss, pal—- “Please stop talking about Culliver here.” I’ll be glad to talk about him here:

Man, when you even bitch about a funny Honeymooners clip, you have it real bad.

• Bozo said, on February 2, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Twin, I’ll be more than happy to discuss the “illogical problem” I’m having with you, although I don’t think I’m alone in this problem, this blog might not be the best forum for that discussion.

“now you can fucking listen to the boss, pal—- “Please stop talking about Culliver here.” I’ll be glad to talk about him here:” Culliver is not my point and I don’t plan on discussing that issue here OR on your blog. Also, you are not my “boss” and you aren’t the end all/expert on any fucking thing that I can figure out except for being a decent poster at times and other times, a hypocritical blog bully who likes to ridicule others here (sometimes for fucking days). And, that’s my point. If you want a list of what has been pissing me off I’ll send it to you or if you want others to see it, set up a room B for that purpose. I suppose the other option is to drop it.

7. blade3colorado said, on February 2, 2013 at 11:15 am

Great blog post Flav! By the by, did you receive my email from the other day? I have a new blog post (I hiked near Franz Josef Glazier yesterday. Weird having ice so near subtropical jungle).

I will be watching the Niners destroy the Ravens on Monday, 12pm New Zealand local time. This is normal in the space time continum I am living in currently. :-)

• sandy32koufax said, on February 2, 2013 at 11:48 am

I went to your blog before seeing this post, blade. Great comment re: juxtaposition. I’ve visited glaciers in South and North America and never experienced the tropics alongside to them. Very cool image

• blade3colorado said, on February 2, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Yeah, I have never seen anything like it. Quite weird Sandy.
        :-)

• sandy32koufax said, on February 2, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Some pix of those Colleens down under would be nice too

8. Salty said, on February 2, 2013 at 11:36 am

Damn, this is a bleeping sports blog. Guys shouldn’t let their feelings get hurt so easily.

9. Flavor said, on February 2, 2013 at 11:40 am

Getting on plane now, just checking in to make sure you’re all respecting the blog and shit.
    Please stop talking about Culliver here. I’m pretty sure Twin is talking about it at his blog but he can correct me if I’m wrong.
    And no fucking way am I laying a single $ on the niners. The last thing I want is for them to win the game by 3 and me lose dough by half a point.
    Lots of prop bets will be getting laid down though…..

• sandy32koufax said, on February 2, 2013 at 12:18 pm

CULLIVER

CULLIVER

CULLIVER!!!

Okay, got that outta my system…dude is a tool, young or not. Maybe he sits out the first series and the nickel gets burned for a 75 yard TD pass?

• Stratford said, on February 2, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Ok Dad.

10. Chico said, on February 2, 2013 at 11:49 am

Damn, I missed your last blog post about Pablo.. Oh well, I can still read the comments..

• Flavor said, on February 2, 2013 at 11:52 am

“Neck fat…” Still killin’ me.

• sandy32koufax said, on February 2, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Deep fry that shit and make chicharones

• Chico said, on February 2, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Haha! I just watched the video again… It’s all in the neck!

11. dirtnrocksnomo said, on February 2, 2013 at 12:58 pm

I saw Zumie’s post last night about the franchise history and thought the discussion on that along with this post is great. I don’t view the NY championships as part of my ‘fandom’ or whatever you want to call it but one thing I do like about the Giants is the history and tradition. I used to be a real sports nut for every type of competition. Now I only follow baseball and am easily bored by other sports but the 49ers in the SB will be fun tomorrow. One thing I have always wanted to do was make a trip to some major sport event like the US Open, Wimbledon, World Cup or the Olympics.

• Chico said, on February 2, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I would love to go to the World Cup… Thousands and thousands of fans from all over the world there in solidarity for the sport and their respective countries? You can’t beat that! Olympics, too. The more I watch soccer, the more I get into it.. Funny, I still can’t get into hockey.. I know I’m in the minority there.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on February 2, 2013 at 8:44 pm

World Cup would be pretty awesome. I’m not much for hockey either. I used to go to some minor league games when I lived in So Ca and it was fun. Definitely a sport you have to see in person. My folks volunteered at the Atlanta Olympic games through their work and loved it. I never made it. Hopefully the winter games return to Squaw eventually.

12. twinfan1 said, on February 2, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Well, the match up tomorrow is what I expected before and after the QB switch- with a tight oucome. If a Super Bowl could ever be thought of as a “trap game, however-this is it.Flacco is every bit as hot as Kap, the Raven defense is playing better than ours, and they will be attacking the hand off when we go pistol. Colin will have to be making quicker decisions than he’s had to thus far. He’s shown he can adjust to different defensive game plans so far and the best sign of the postseason besides Kap’s play has been getting VD back in the mix last week. I don’t think we’ll see a big game offensively, Kap just needs to continue his excellent ball security and I’m hoping- hoping- that Akers has the big kick in him. Ravens cover, we win.

13. twinfan1 said, on February 2, 2013 at 1:45 pm

In the interest of keeping this pop joint fit for family viewing, I no longer look at any thing above my last post, so Email me with any problems and I’ll see to it someone looks into it for ya.

• Bozo said, on February 2, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Fair enough, and if I was a politician I’d need to say that I approve this message (for me too).

14. zumiee said, on February 2, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Come on, BF, you just can’t get those 5 years wrong like that. Those are SACROSANCT numbers. And, yeah, I’m not even sure I spelled that word right or am using it correctly, but the point is, ’81, ’84, ’88, ’89, ’94, 2010, and 2012 are more than just numbers, they are music or poetry or haiku or, wait a minute, haiku IS poetry, but the thing is- they ROCK!!!!! And they are carved in rock in the Mt. Rushmores of our souls, as I fall off the metaphor cliff……

• zumiee said, on February 2, 2013 at 2:37 pm

And, yes, you only had two of the years wrong, and it’s not a big deal.
      But still that leads me back to the long and winding road.
      Tomorrow can put another year on the pantheon wall. Yes, more bad metaphors to follow.

• zumiee said, on February 2, 2013 at 2:42 pm

And, by the way (grin), ’83 and ’87 ended in HEARTBREAK for the Niners on a monumental scale. In ’83 the Niners roared back from a 21-0 deficit in the 4th quarter to tie the Redskins, only to be undone by two phantom ref calls. And in ’87, Anthony Carter had 19 catches for 425 yards against the Niners, in some kind of flubber-enhanced performance, as the Vikings ended the Niners’ season. In each case (’83 and ’87), the Niners avenged things the next season.

15. snarkk said, on February 2, 2013 at 2:56 pm

IMO, easily the most improbable, incredulous and downright fantastic championship pro team I ever experienced from an emotional investment POV was the ’75 Warriors, with the ’81 Niners a close second. Like the first Niner champ team, that Dubs team came from absolutely nowhere, nowhere to win the Championship. I used to listen to every game at night to Bill King describing the action. He was a master at basketball. They talk about Bill going into the HOF as a baseball announcer, well, I heard him a little, not much, as the A’s guy. He was fine at that, and better at Raider football, but at basketball, he was just amazing. The way he used to skewer the refs was great. That year, Barry played out of his mind as the star, but it was really a team of nobodies. CJ out of Cal and Grasshopper Dudley at guard, along with Butch Beard, and Mullins with the highest dribble I’ve ever seen any guard use; Phil Smith out of USF with another local angle, too. CJ used to just “bury” baseline 18′ jumpers. George Johnson and “Johann” as a duo center made no sense on paper, but it worked on the court. Derek Dickey and rookie Silk with that funky shot style at forward. Everybody had a role, and played it exactly right. It was just a never-to-be-repeated set of circumstances that led them to win the title. Maybe that organization used up all the good karma it had with that Championship, but it’s unforgettable to me…

• Alleykat said, on February 2, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Me too Snarkk….That 75′ Warrior team shocked the world.Still feel it’s one of the greatest title’s ever won.
      You had Rick Barry of course who could do it all including pouting,but not this magical year(76 against the Suns was the bummer year when they had the best record and should.have destroyed Phoenix) an aging Jeff Mullin off the bench mostly,but they had those 2 Rooks Phil Smith& Keith Wilkes(That’s right never will be Jamal to me) The Hopper,CJ the pride of Cal,Sequoia High,Redwood City loved that dude.
      Dickey played a nice role with his toughness,along with Clifford Ray at Center,and getting his blows with George “The Human Fly Swatter”Johnson another Rook who could just block everything,they worked well together.Butch Beard was a tough SOB,cut in the same mold as the Coach Al”The Destroyer” Attles..Washington Bullets were the Heavy favorites in the Finals,yet it was the Warriors who “Shocked the World” and totally outplayed them in their 4 game SWEEP!!!!

• twinfan1 said, on February 2, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Well, you beat me to it, nice post.

16. twinfan1 said, on February 2, 2013 at 3:38 pm

The Warrior’s championship doesn’t get much talk here, probably because a lot of the commenters were too young. But it’s easily the most improbable of the titles from our teams. The late Charles “CJ” Johnson, Shot blocker extraordinaire George Johnson, the late Derrek Dickey- the role players were THE guys on that team. Barry was obviously the best player, but not popular at all.
    Being reminded of it from Snarrk’s excellent post made me sad, though- CJ, Derrek, Phil Smith-all gone well before it was fair… but we know life isn’t fair, don’t we ? What a great season it was, though. I’ll always rember what a thrill it was to enjoy them…

• blade3colorado said, on February 3, 2013 at 12:29 am

Agree with what has been said about the Warriors victory being improbable. I was a big fan of theirs back in the day and in my opinion, I reveled in the play of the role players, especially Dudley – who had a heart as big as anyone to play the game. The dude gave 100% every second he was on the court. I love players like that.

17. snarkk said, on February 2, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Of course, when I say the ’75 Dubs and ’81 Niners are tops on my “memorable” list, that’s OTHER than the 2010 Giants. The Giants are a different deal altogether. No championship of a team that I follow will EVER top that. Noway, nohow. Well, unless Cal wins the NCAA football title someday — and hey, the Giants finally won the WS, TWICE in 3 years, so anything seems possible now… ;)

• snarkk said, on February 2, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Speaking of which, I never get tired of watching this. Posey, Rent, Uribe, Ross, Huff, Torres, even the Gamer. Look at Game 4, Franchez made a slew of unbelievable defensive plays in that game, just great stuff. Timmy on friggin’ fire in game 5, finished it off with the Beard. This got me fired up for tomorrow’s game, and hell, we’ve only waited 18 years for a Niner shot at #6, not over 50 for the FIRST title…

18. Yogi Barrister said, on February 2, 2013 at 4:00 pm

The Warriors championship in ’75, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. I was playing in a fairly high stakes, high-low seven card stud (with a bye) poker game while the Dubs were finishing off the Bullets. I pulled a little wheel, all in clubs, with a low heart showing, against someone with a full boat and four or five players sticking around for him to knock me out after we declared. Won close to two grand on the hand, but had to stick around instead of going on a double date with some friends. I haven’t seen them since and get a real empty feeling when I think about that night. Thirty-eight years later, I’m hoping for some redemption this summer at a class reunion, for the Warriors as well.

19. Yogi Barrister said, on February 2, 2013 at 4:03 pm

“(with a bye)”…er I mean buy, I must have playoff fever

20. unca_chuck said, on February 2, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Went to game 2 at the Cow Palace.I was 14. All I remember is Rick Barry went off. He scored like 38 points and it went right down to the wire. The crowd went nuts when they won.

I dug basketball, but I was so pissed the Dubs dumped Thurmond for Cliff Ray that I lost some of my love for the team. Still a great game though. The Niners were much more a thrill as I was into football more that b-ball.

21. snarkk said, on February 2, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Tomorrow, this song will be fitting for the 4th quarter kickass Niner Ecstasy of (Red &) Gold.
    Even the Fat Lady is a Niner fan.
    Here, Ennio is the maestro. Tomorrow, it’s Jim Harbaugh with the baton. Niners are Good, Baaad and Winners.
    When I turn this up, even I feel like running through a goddam brick wall, ready to drop the running back in his tracks…

22. DJLoo said, on February 2, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Just checking in to say good luck to all my San Francisco pals out there tomorrow. This may not be as inspiring as Snark’s video but it’s much more fitting in light of the recent debate here.

23. unca_chuck said, on February 2, 2013 at 5:37 pm

I like this version;

• snarkk said, on February 2, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Imitation is the sincerest form of flatttery.
      Morricone is a genius, one of the greatest film composers ever.
      Whenever I just start to hear the main theme from Cinema Paradiso (one of my top 5 favorite films ever), it makes me cry. I can’t help it. Seriously…

24. Flavor said, on February 2, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Loo, welcome home.
    Yogi– you are welcome here too.
    Go niners

25. Flavor said, on February 2, 2013 at 6:11 pm

And I’m making a request while I’m gone that none of you act like guys with neck tats. Thanks in advance.

• Alleykat said, on February 2, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Well while the Kat’s Away (uhh BF) the mice will play.
      Though your right BF, nobody should be a “Pain in the Neck” :-)

• Bozo said, on February 2, 2013 at 6:51 pm

So you’re saying I have to wear a turtleneck while you’re gone? Shit.

26. zumiee said, on February 2, 2013 at 6:28 pm

I’m sayin’ Niners 31-23.

27. twinfan1 said, on February 2, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Besides Denny, has anybody here or on Chuck’s blog ever picked the 49ers to lose a game this year? I know I haven’t. It’s pretty funny, really. I picked 11-5 before the season, but I’ve picked them to win every game once the season started.

• Alleykat said, on February 2, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Not me Twin…Had them going 12-4 ,damn Rams were the team that messed me up this year.
      Yeah Denny, only called Bronco picks,with his man-crush , love-feast for Peyton,and his Hatred for Alex.

• zumiee said, on February 2, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I didn’t think they would beat the Patriots during the regular season.

• unca_chuck said, on February 2, 2013 at 9:16 pm

ditto

28. xoot said, on February 2, 2013 at 7:06 pm

The Niners should win tomorrow, but I’m not as confident going in as I remember being in the old days. I think they either win running away–by three TDs–or it’ll be very tense, very close. A lot depends on Kaepernick.

Last time the 9ers won the SB, the parade took place on a day a young woman and her four-year old daughter won political asylum here in the U.S. The moment they disappeared down the steps at the Montgomery St. BART station a huge roar rose from the 1/2 million people lined up on Market Street. I guess the first convertible had rolled into sight. By the time I caught an elevator to an upper floor, the thing was half over. Deion Sanders somehow managed to distinguish himself with the way he waved to the crowd. What a fucking a hotdog.

• zumiee said, on February 2, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Yeah, Kap’s the x-factor. If he’s awesome tomorrow, he’s going to be a HUGE star. The media is ready to totally take off with him. The NFL needs him.

29. blade3colorado said, on February 2, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Well, it was bound to happen – I got busted by the local police in New Zealand. That makes 3 continents that I have become acquainted with local law enforcement. My blog has the details.
    :-)

• xoot said, on February 2, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Blade, your trip is terrific. Your spirit is too. Like everyone else here I’m following you. But please, don’t test the police in every country you visit. I’ve travelled enough to know that that’s sound advice. But continue having a blast.

• blade3colorado said, on February 2, 2013 at 10:00 pm

HAHAHA. You’re exactly right of course. Xoot, I got arrested in Great Britain for being in a car with Hash in it and the Brits scared the shit out of me. They are hard ass, believe me. This was when I was in the service, so I had to deal with the military too. I got off light back then (because it was Vietnam era and no one gave a fuck. Discipline was the shits. We would have room/gear locker inspections and they wouldn’t say shit about pipes, hash hookahs, other paraphenalia, etc.).

• paulinasia said, on February 2, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Yeah, especially when you get to Thailand. You do NOT want to see the inside of a Thai prison…. Just stay away from drugs and mafia and you’ll be fine…. :-)

• blade3colorado said, on February 2, 2013 at 10:01 pm

No shit Paul. My plans exactly. Only clean activities. Grin. :-)

30. salty said, on February 2, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Talk of the Warriors remarkable run in ’75’, how about this yr? Key is obviously staying healthy. Could have gotten 150-1 two months ago, its now down to 40.

31. Nipper said, on February 2, 2013 at 9:28 pm

GO NINERS!

32. unca_chuck said, on February 2, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Bullshit Mike. You started out crucifying Harbaugh for ithe switch and belittling Kaepernick’s ‘valley speak’ accent. You were poised the whole time to jump off the Niner train when Kappy didn’t come through and berate Harbaugh for making the switch. Now of course, you saw it all the way. Remember the brouhaha around what if Kappy doesn’t make it to the NFC Champioship game? I guess not.

Besides, there’s no such thing as a trap game, Mike.

• twinfan1 said, on February 3, 2013 at 5:08 am

I called every 49er win,the 49er/Raven match up before and after the switch..AND called Kap a punk. Right on all counts-17-16 Niners…
      Now fuck off.

• twinfan1 said, on February 3, 2013 at 5:15 am

And I’m the one who had to show you WHY there’s no such thing as a trap game. What I posted was “IF” it could be called a “trap game”. The point being- they’re over confident.

33. sportdude said, on February 2, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Hi all,

Craig..Great posts as always! Have to disagree with your pick of Belt over Tex in the WBC. Were you serious with that?

34. twinfan1 said, on February 3, 2013 at 5:39 am

New Post

35. unca_chucku said, on February 3, 2013 at 7:52 am

You compared Kappy to Troy Smith when the switch was made.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 493 other followers