The Race for The PC is Nearing Combustible Levels!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 11, 2013

With the NLCS in process, I’m now going to release everyone’s picks for this round. I don’t have picks for Kevin but if he sent them to Twin before first pitch tonight or I somehow missed them in my inbox I will happily update this. Thanks to everyone for sending in both their picks, it’s a better thread if I can publicly post both Pennant winner picks. At this point, the game becomes very strategic. Let’s see who’s up for the challenge of this new, more difficult round. Note: The odds I set came out of my brain, they were not mathematically calculated……

Two Dudes Better Than You or Me:

WilcoJoe(3): Cards in 7/Tigers in 7

Kevin(3): Cards in 6/Tigers in 7

AlleyKat(3)Cards in 6/Tigers in 6

Flat lining:

Manny(2) Cards in 7/Tigers in 6

Pawlie(2): Art Dealers in 6/Tigers in 6

Winder(2): Art Dealers/Red Sox (he’s still taking the sneaky approach of not submitting # of games it takes to win. We’ll see if this rogue approach rewards him in the end)

Blade(2): Cards in 7/Red Sox in 6

Flavor(2): Cards in 6/Red Sox in 5

Two Corpses Getting Skull Fucked by a Group of Necrophiliacs:

Snarkk(1): Art Dealers in 5/Red Sox in 6

San DiggityDawg(1): Cards in 6/Tigers in 6

_______________________________________________________

Did he or didn’t he?

tagged!

About these ads

1. snarkk said, on October 11, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Hey, I didn’t know being so bad could generate such a party. ;)
    I think I’m going to open up an 800 (betmine) number like these touts on KNBR. Free picks on tape! Join up for just $199 a month and get your three “Skull Fuck” picks of the week!
    – Take Jacksonville and the points
    – Ted Cruz will be president in 2017
    – Warriors will win the 2013-14 NBA championship

• Nipper said, on October 11, 2013 at 7:25 pm

How did Chuck escape the basement category? His dog is definitely making his picks.

• snarkk said, on October 11, 2013 at 7:30 pm

His dog is pissing on my picks…

2. willedav said, on October 11, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Wasn’t the Giants year, but 2 out of last 3 for the FO mgmt. and players is pretty damn good. Unlike the A’s, SF WON 2 clincher games to do it, and of course pounded Verlander into submission.
    I was around during the 60s, when SF had 4 HOFers in Mays Mac Cepeda and Marichal, and only even got in the Series once, which ended in heart breaking fashion as I watched in 6th grade classroom. And they never got another chance.
    Oh, and the mgr. was the guy who said blacks and latins didn’t understand the game and play it as well as whites did.

End of the season there is only 1 team going home happy, and the other 29 are not. Interesting to hear how badly Tigers want another shot, even though they and Giants were last teams standing 2012.

3. Alleykat said, on October 11, 2013 at 6:46 pm

BF…Im flat lining for sure.No help from the paddles…clear……again….clear…only the sick Chad the “Groper”Gaudin may revive me now.eewww
    But i might get a pulse back again if you re-check.my e- mail
    Pretty sure i took the Dogpile over Cards in 6
    and.the Redsoxs over Tigers in 6 as well.

4. willedav said, on October 11, 2013 at 7:04 pm

All I’m saying is every team goes through ups and downs, no matter how much talent or payroll they have.
    This time last year Giants were envy of everyone and they sent the cards and their #1 farm system packing when old man Scutaro squeezed the last out in the rain and mud.
    The Reds won 187 games in two years and fired the mgr. cuz he went 2-4 in the playoffs.
    2012 the Nats won 98 games, got bounced by STL first round and couldn’t make it back this year.
    And if LA don’t win Magic can say to Ned and Donnie, “How much f-ing money are we supposed to spend, fools?”

• snarkk said, on October 11, 2013 at 7:29 pm

LA will keep spending, no matter what happens. I heard today report of they’ll be going after Price. If they do that, it’d be Kershaw, Grienke, Price, and Ryu, with Beckett/Billingsley/Nolasco as possible #5 chaser. That’d be a “pretty fair” rotation…

• Alleykat said, on October 11, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Yeah not bad Snarkk.
        But I still would rather have..
        Koufax,Marichal,,Gibson,and Clemens
        Table scraps # five Carlton,Maddux,Johnson and Drysdale. :-) ok the dream is over dammit.

5. snarkk said, on October 11, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Is this Beltran guy with the Cards related to the Beltran the Giants had for 2 months?…

• James said, on October 11, 2013 at 8:52 pm

The Beltran we had kicked ass. The rest of the team didn’t. On August 24th Beltran returned from his injury as a starter and went 2-4. His OPS was 880 then. The Giants were 2 games out of first place on 8/24. He finished with a 910 OPS. The Giants finished 8 games out. The failure of Beltran is another phony narrative that doesn’t take into account the broader context.

• Flavor said, on October 11, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Ha, I could get into the Beltran argument with you, and I might at a later date, but I don’t think you could tolerate the game-by-game, at bat by at bat, pitch by pitch, break down that would happen. Beltran did not perform before his injury and that’s when the season was in the balance. But maybe some time this Winter I’ll get to it, when we’ve got nothing else to do.

• James said, on October 11, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Your memory may be a lot better than mine. :-)

6. Alleykat said, on October 11, 2013 at 8:19 pm

No relation at all Snarkk.
    Are Beltran was a whiny puss, who screwed us and couldnt wait to leave the bay area.
    This one perfers cow manure,high intense humidity,and a Love interest for Joe Buck.

7. Flavor said, on October 11, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Fact: you can’t stop Art Dealers, at least in terms of what they will spend. They spend whatever they’re gonna spend. Although with Price, they’ll have to surrender prospects. Does that mean the Giants should go hard after Price? Fuck yeah it does. But to keep up with the ‘dealers?—no, you do that to make your team better. As soon as the Giants fall into the pit of trying to keep up with every move the Art Dealers make, they’re doomed. You don’t act like an art dealer unless you are one. And most of them suck. See: Jeff Loria.
    Normally, you try to build your team so it’ll have leverage on your division rivals. But there’s no way to do that in this situation. So just make sound decisions to make your team better. That will maximize the good decisions and minimize the stupid ones. If this approach works, it takes us into the playoffs as the division winner or the wild card, that’s all we need.
    And here’s the other thing: It has never been proven that spending the most money wins championships. How often does the team that spends THE MOST win the world series? I don’t know that answer. But it’s not that often, especially in the last 10 years or so…..

• James said, on October 11, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Consistently spending lots of money probably just makes you more likely to be part of the playoff crapshoot from year to year.

• snarkk said, on October 11, 2013 at 10:19 pm

Nothin’ wrong with that. As for giving up prospects, I think LA will give up whatever prospects they need to give up to secure more dominant pitching. They figure they can buy whatever it is they need otherwise…

8. twinfan1 said, on October 11, 2013 at 9:06 pm

beltran fucks up again.

9. zumiee said, on October 11, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Next year, that play could be contested regarding the actual tag.

• Rooster said, on October 11, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Easy to protect the ball in the mitt if you never even attempt to tag the runner and just throw your shoulder into him.

• twinfan1 said, on October 11, 2013 at 9:23 pm

that’s not what happened but why let that get in the way of a perfectly good piece of fiction.

• Rooster said, on October 11, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Yes it is – I just saw it again in slow motion – Molina never attempted a tag.

• twinfan1 said, on October 11, 2013 at 9:53 pm

chi and salty still have the upper hand and all three have the bums.based on the picks, it’s unlikely that rooster will catch both going into the ws. his opponents have an edge because they know he’ll go with the bums in the series and any contestant with a lead over the capon can just go with dodgers too and the worst that they can get is a tie.
        that’s based on the bums going to the ws. if the cards get in, mac and denny move squarely into the picture, and the birddog watches, watches and smiles, nodding his head knowingly.

10. James said, on October 11, 2013 at 9:32 pm

While we cluck like hens, that smooth talking Rooster is politely, dispassionately commenting on the Flap, as his team is poised to run through the NLCS and WS. He’s set up to win that PC, and then free to crow in our house like the Gloater he is — it’s all pretty damn shameful!

Seriously, I try to muster some of that old 70’s style hatred for the Dodgers, and I come up short. There’s the Giants, and the enemy is whomever they happen to be playing.

11. James said, on October 11, 2013 at 10:05 pm

13 innings would be cool in game 7 . . . .

12. twinfan1 said, on October 11, 2013 at 10:06 pm

night all.

13. snarkk said, on October 11, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Isn’t Lance Lynn the same Cards starter dude that cratered against the Giants in the Zito game last NLCS? Or, am I thinking of somebody else?…

14. snarkk said, on October 11, 2013 at 10:17 pm

I’m listening now on radio to the game. Isn’t it illegal to have “Oral” Hershhigher be the analyst when the Doghairs are playing? If not, it should be. As far as I’m concerned, he never played for the Giants…

15. Macdog said, on October 11, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Bel-trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrran!

16. snarkk said, on October 11, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Beltran gets it done again…

17. sportdude said, on October 11, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Cards got lucky. Did anyone else notice Molina never actually tagged the runner?

18. Nipper said, on October 12, 2013 at 12:48 am

As long as the Dodgers lose, I’m happy. I don’t care how they do it. Lose shits lose! Dodger blue sucks!

19. Flavor said, on October 12, 2013 at 6:19 am

Puig…0 for 6. Lqtm……

20. willedav said, on October 12, 2013 at 7:44 am

Donnie taking a lot of heat on cbs blog for pinch running for A-Gon, esp for what Michael Young did.
    Starting to wonder if guys who played for Wash in Texas are gonna be cursed like ex-Cubs were.
    Poor wash—like STL, his team is in it every year, but…Wasn’t Young on the team that lost to Cards?

I was never in Giants clubhouse so I don’t know if Beltran was an f-wad, and he’s likely a defensive liability at ATT, but the guy can still hit, today, and he showed me he could rake at ATT while he had a Giants uni on too, from either side of the plate. GWRBI off Jansen is f-ing awesome.

21. unca_chuck said, on October 12, 2013 at 9:00 am

Pulling A-Gon in the 8th sure didn’t work for ol’ Donnie.

22. unca_chuck said, on October 12, 2013 at 9:03 am

Too funny. My sister is in New York for her 30th anniversary, and she posted on facebook:

“Just watched the Niner game at a place called Finnerty’s. It was alll Niner fans and it was awesome. Go Niners. Nice win:)”

OK, so I’m a little slow checking facebook sometimes.

23. Alleykat said, on October 12, 2013 at 9:19 am

Were all alittle slow Saturday mornings after a looooong work week,and some beverages of choice friday nights .
    Damm where did I park my car again?

24. twinfan1 said, on October 12, 2013 at 9:32 am

eilis was out- ellis said he was out. and the replay angles provide no definitive answer on the tag. a replay would not have the changed the call. next-
    beltran- terrific night, terrific player
    today- kershaw evens the nlcs, sanchez rebounds, tigers take game one of the alcs.
    weekend futbol- niners and chiefs. neither should be close. snf- the ‘boys build a lead even romo can’t fuck up. mnf- colts are for real, rivers: romo by the sea

25. Alleykat said, on October 12, 2013 at 10:05 am

Oh I don’t know Twin,Romo can fuck up just tying his shoelaces.
    It’s always a pleasure watching him implode in games,and then the cameras pan to “Doofus” Jerry in the suite, with his deadpan stare of bewilderment over another loss.
    As long as the “Bromance” team of Jerry and Tony and lame duck coach Garrett are running the circus all is well.

• twinfan1 said, on October 12, 2013 at 10:18 am

romo is the peter pan of qbs. if the guy ever did grow up, he’d be discussed with the mannings and bradys…

26. zumiee said, on October 12, 2013 at 2:02 pm

That strikeout of Puig was with 5 strikes. The ump missed two of them, according to the strikezone graphic.

27. Macdog said, on October 12, 2013 at 3:49 pm

BLANK L.A.!

• twinfan1 said, on October 12, 2013 at 4:01 pm

if the cards go to the series, you’re right back in it.

• Macdog said, on October 12, 2013 at 4:19 pm

That’s how I played it, although I may have picked the wrong sweep.

28. twinfan1 said, on October 12, 2013 at 4:00 pm

0-`10 6k for puig…
    i see why rosenthal took over the closer role- but what the heck happened to mujica?
    he had a horrible september as craig pointed out to my dumb ass- but he was 35 of 37 svo through august. he’s a guy i’d look at for a 7th inning role, i think he’s a free agent and i doubt that the cards want to retain him.

• Flavor said, on October 12, 2013 at 4:41 pm

He was lights out all year and then just fell apart in Sept. The cards didn’t wait long to replace him so they either never had any faith in him in the first place (likely) or they know he’s banged up or his dome is shaken and they know that, too.
      He’s got great stuff, I’d sign him in a second if he were available

• snarkk said, on October 12, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Agreed, unless he’s injured. An unhurt Mujica is a no brainer selection over Mijares, unless you’re stuck on needing the extra lefty…

• twinfan1 said, on October 12, 2013 at 6:07 pm

pen? one of the losers for the 5th starter, machi, affeldt, lopez (although i’m reading that he wants to test the market), mujica, hembree, casilla.

29. Bozo said, on October 12, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Looked like an out last night and a blank LA today (good call Mac, I like the Blank LA)

30. Flavor said, on October 12, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I never imagined in a million years that it would feel so good to be a freaking Cardinal fan.

• Bozo said, on October 12, 2013 at 4:52 pm

I hear that.

31. snarkk said, on October 12, 2013 at 5:25 pm

I think its going to be hard for LA to meet my prediction of winning in 5…

32. twinfan1 said, on October 12, 2013 at 6:02 pm

when greinke and kershaw pitch as they have and the bums are still down 0-2, it’s not looking good for the blues. ryu is a must win. what does donnie do if they’re down 2-1? greinke on 3 days rest? nolasco? capuano?

• Rooster said, on October 12, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Capuano is not on the NLCS roster – he was dumped, along with Paco, in favor of Marmol and Volquez. Nolasco has been announced as the game 4 starter although, obviously, that can change.

And I agree – both Greinke and Kershaw pitched more than good enough to win on most days – as did the Cardinals pitching – although the Cards were able to capitalize (barely – Cards are now 2 for 8 w/RISP) more than the Dodgers (1 for 16 w/RISP), which is where the blame lies for the Bums – squarely on the bats.

Through two games:
      Batting average: Dodgers .184, Cardinals .134
      RISP: Dodgers 1-for-16, Cardinals 2-for-8
      LOB: Dodgers 17, Cardinals 9
      ERA: Dodgers 1.33, Cardinals 0.82
      WHIP: Dodgers 0.74, Cardinals 0.95

• twinfan1 said, on October 12, 2013 at 8:21 pm

‘in favor of marmol’
        marmol, the only guy where an intentional walk might be two bases. paco has had a rough time, but he’s maybe 5 times better than either of the replacements.

33. Flavor said, on October 12, 2013 at 7:20 pm

I’m not against trends, even followers of them, but these overgrown beard guys just look like idiots. Even Wilson, who should get a pass because he started it, looks stupid. Napoli, Reddick, Pedroia, et al…10 Years from now when people look at the highlights of the 2013 baseball playoffs they’re gonna tie these dumb big overgrown beard dudes to the college hoops players in the late 80’s who shaved stupid shit into the side of their heads and say “All of you are fucking fools…..”
    The “look at me! love me!” look is only cool when it looks cool…..

• twinfan1 said, on October 12, 2013 at 8:14 pm

wilson’s is a different kind of beard- although i don’t what you’d call it- and he grooms it. it does have style, whether one likes it is a different matter. i call those others ‘duck dynasty’ beards and they’re a red neck scuzz ball look. looking at them makes me want to get out a flea bomb. other than that, yeah, totally cool, boys.

imo.

34. unca_chuck said, on October 12, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Nite, Twin.

Just picked up 2 tix to the Niner AZ game tomorrow. Maybe my last visit to the Stick. Hard to imagine that with all the thousands of baseball games and hundreds of football games i’ve been to.

It is was and will be a shit-hole, but it was OUR shit-hole.

• snarkk said, on October 12, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Just like Bonds. As I’ve said before, he was a prick — but, he was OUR prick…

35. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 13, 2013 at 9:44 am

That necrophiliac comment in your thread is hilarious…just saw it… I’ve been “occupied” of late.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 493 other followers