Football, Football, Football

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on January 5, 2014

“Tomorrow morning will feature pussy all over the top of my bed as those little beasties are heat seekers and also go for soft places to hang out. It may be a task just to get out from under cover so I can get up and feed the stoves…” –Stix

That is one of the greatest consecutive sentences ever written here or maybe anywhere.

As I’m typing this, it’s 51 degrees outside. But that’s in the shade so it’s skewing the actual outdoor temp a bit. :)

This weekend it’s all about football and yesterday was epic. Alex Smith was brilliant. I was most impressed with his ability to improvise and make something out of nothing, whether it was with his legs or last second shovel passes. He did everything any QB could have done to win that game and I was truly bummed for him since I will always wish him well for the rest of his career. And his pass to Bowe was perfect. The DB did a great job of riding him toward the sideline and Bowe acted as if he didn’t even know where he was. Pathetic on Bowe’s part…..

In Philly it all came down to a kicker who wasn’t even on the team a few weeks ago. I was trying to imagine what he was feeling in the moments before he hit that kick and I’m sure I had no idea what he was feeling.

Today we have the “fluffer game” with the Chargers taking on the Bengals. It’s all fluffer for me, I don’t care who wins that game although I really like Keenan Allen and seem to remember Snarkk imploring the Niners to draft him when I barely even knew his name. Wish they’d listened to him.

ESPN is still talking about how cold it’s going to be today in Green Bay. All the talking heads are tripping over themselves to talk about themselves. And none of them said a single interesting or unique thing. Maybe Stix should score an honorary sideline job for the game. I can only imagine how epic his “pussy all over the field” commentary would be!

About these ads

1. twinfan1 said, on January 5, 2014 at 8:07 am

Is it even possible to find a lower life form than this disgusting “fan”? And the guy is probably basking the glow of his celebrity.
    fan

• Flavor said, on January 5, 2014 at 8:23 am

Anthony Davis’ tweet, while not in the same ball park as this idiot’s tweet, was just completely unnecessary. He posted a pic of Nature boy Rick Flair visiting the team in GB yesterday and the caption was: “Nature boy Rick Flair flew into this shit hole to show us some love”. It’s getting an awful lot of re-tweets
      Why stir up shit with this type of tweet? Every Packer fan in the stadium is going to be yelling stuff at him (or worse)

• Bozo said, on January 5, 2014 at 9:37 am

Yet another example of a phucked up Philly fan. This asshole can once again go drown his sorrows with a steak sandwich covered in cheese whiz, all the while wondering why he smells butt crack every where he goes.

2. blade3colorado said, on January 5, 2014 at 8:52 am

Stix’s quote works on soooooooooo many levels as Paulinasia aptly pointed out . . . and Paul absolutely, unequivocally, knows “pussy” if you get my drift. ;-)

3. blade3colorado said, on January 5, 2014 at 8:53 am

Great insight on Kershaw NOT being a lock to commit to the Art Dealers in free agency:

4. unca_chuck said, on January 5, 2014 at 9:29 am

Throw in misanthrope Zach Greinke and you have a recipe for if not disaster, some interesting locker room scenarios. If it all blows up, I couldn’t be happier.

That article doesn’t really say anything though. It’s all based on conjecture and speculation. If Kershaw decides not to stick around, do you really think it’s because Puig’s a, well, larger-than-life personality?

Besides, the article fails to mention Puig’s struggles last year as teams stopped feeding him fastballs, his dissing of his own teammates (A-Gon), and his defensive lapses. Those are the more pertinent issues around the guy.

Yeah, another big day of football. Would love to see Sandawg take this one. Snarkk was right about Keenan Allen. . . Cincy usually chokes these types of games away, but I was 0-2 on my predictions yesterday. If I only get one right . . .

5. zumiee said, on January 5, 2014 at 10:05 am

I can’t remember the last time I read a Thomas Boswell column; it’s been years maybe. But I decided to read his rant about the Hall of Fame, reprinted in my local paper.
    He believes the Hall of Fame is now hopelessly broken. The end.
    And he makes it clear he’s not a SABR guy.
    He writes: “Sabermetrics, my favorite art-pseudo-science that, if presented with a cup of morning coffee, would add two tablespoons of decimal points.”
    I’m not sure that sentence even makes sense. It reminded me why I haven’t read Boswell in years.

6. zumiee said, on January 5, 2014 at 10:13 am

Willie, on the last thread you said that Alex could have saved a down by taking the sack instead of the grounding call. That’s not correct, is it? Doesn’t the grounding call get penalty yards and just take the down that the team would have gotten for the sack? There’s no extra down added, I thought.

• willedav said, on January 5, 2014 at 10:51 am

You’re right zum, wouldn’t have made any difference.

7. zumiee said, on January 5, 2014 at 10:19 am

Here’s the grounding rule, there’s no “extra down.” It’s just the down the team would get for the sack, if I’m reading that correctly:

“Intentional Grounding of Forward Pass
    Intentional grounding of a forward pass is a foul: loss of down and 10 yards from previous spot if passer is in the field of play or loss of down at the spot of the foul if it occurs more than 10 yards behind the line or safety if passer is in his own end zone when ball is released.
    Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion.
    Intentional grounding will not be called when a passer, while out of the pocket and facing an imminent loss of yardage, throws a pass that lands at or beyond the line of scrimmage, even if no offensive player(s) have a realistic chance to catch the ball (including if the ball lands out of bounds over the sideline or end line).”

• twinfan1 said, on January 5, 2014 at 11:31 am

It was 2nd and 7 when he was called for grounding. If he took the sack, it would have been 3rd and about 12 to 14. With the penalty it was 3 and 17. Way too much has been made of that. On the previous thread Chuck said that no minds would be changed “here or anywhere else” , by pointing up Smith’s great performance.He was probably right about locally, but millions saw a terrific performance and saw it that way. Luck was terrific as well, and he will someday be one of the all time greats at his postion. But yesterday it was two QBs competing at the highest level. Obviously I’m a huge Smith fan and I even dreamt of the devastating loss, but setting bias aside, it was one helluva game- and in the end the difference in winning or losing might have the width of three Bowe toes,

• twinfan1 said, on January 5, 2014 at 11:35 am

If I wasn’t clear, I’m agreeing with you, Z.

• twinfan1 said, on January 5, 2014 at 1:08 pm

On most penalties by the offense, the yardage is assessed but the down is replayed. That’s what makes the grounding penalty confusing for many. Even the announcers don’t seem to grasp, in yesterday’s case for example, the difference between the sack and grounding was about 3 or 4 yards.

8. dirtnrocksnomo said, on January 5, 2014 at 10:20 am

For a guy who is shit on at every turn Smith has pretty good playoff performances. Admittedly I am not the biggest football fan but I’ve never understood some people’s need to constantly piss in the dude’s Cheerios. As a passive fan I thought he had a damn good game and KC’s D blew the deal. Whatever. SF at the frozen tundra starts soon. Go Niners!

• twinfan1 said, on January 5, 2014 at 10:55 am

There a few pissing on Smith’s performance yesterday but the overwheming consensus is that he was brilliant. Charles was suopposed to be the only hope the Chief’s had. Then they lost his fastest wideout, then Davis, who had performed well in Charles’ stead. Alex carried his team on his back, it was an unfathomable defensive sheme that lost the game.

9. stixwiz said, on January 5, 2014 at 10:32 am

For once, one of my predictions held true.

Indeed it was tough to get out from under cover this morning. Pussy galore hanging out atop the covers.

As i started showing vague signs of consciousness with 27 below sunlight creeping through the window, two of em made their moves on me. Left-winger was boyfriend of about seven months of age, U-Boat the nipster, who is big on love-bites on my fingers. Coming in from the right was Miss Twinkletoes, who considers herself my Mistress. She’s big on performing cat-lick mass on my beard and hair.

Two on one is not fair.

Meanwhile, Mama Manda-Panda, also known as Big Mama and the Empress, purred approvingly at the antics of her grand-kitties as Matilda Grace, Miss Trooper and the big, grey, lop-eared, highly daddycatted Makwa Friendly Bear held me down by the feet.

Total catastrophe was averted, however, as the two lovebugs ultimately tired of their ministrations, pusswife Manda-Panda grew bored and also removed herself, enabling me to make a manly effort to shove off the covers, shuck into sweats, sox and slippers and stumble downstairs to begin the trans-Arctic routine of feeding fires with wood about to lose its virginity.

Who has time for the NFL when your life is engrossed with pussy.

10. willedav said, on January 5, 2014 at 11:13 am

Is that really Jeff Triplette’s crew doing a playoff game?
    Plummer used to rip this guy constantly on radio.

11. twinfan1 said, on January 5, 2014 at 11:40 am

Dennis said that KC went from a 1 1/2 point underdog to a 1 1/2 point favorite yesterday morning. If true that loss was a double dose of misery for a lot of folks.

12. blade3colorado said, on January 5, 2014 at 12:25 pm

Green Bay . . . Cloudy and cold, with a high near 6. North northwest wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around -15. Wind chill values between -30 and -40. West northwest wind 11 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

13. Bozo said, on January 5, 2014 at 12:31 pm

I don’t know about cold, but Kap is looking pretty cool as he gets off the bus.

• blade3colorado said, on January 5, 2014 at 1:29 pm

He looks . . . umm . . . uhh . . . reckless.

14. Del Mar Dennis (@DelMarDennis) said, on January 5, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Looks like all the Flappers are intently watching the game and not bothering to comment much further. I respect that. Enjoy the second half, my fellow Niner fans.

• Bozo said, on January 5, 2014 at 3:19 pm

It is the half, and I will say the Zebras are trying to fuck us in the ass.

15. zumiee said, on January 5, 2014 at 3:24 pm

The way the Niners burn timeouts is BRUTAL.

• pawliekokonuts said, on January 5, 2014 at 5:57 pm

really abysmal, maybe historically so

16. zumiee said, on January 5, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Big news today: Aubrey Huff officially retired today. I kid you not. Somehow it wasn’t official until today.

• DJLoo said, on January 5, 2014 at 4:18 pm

I’m still waiting for Bonds to retire…

• pawliekokonuts said, on January 5, 2014 at 5:51 pm

I saw that. It still perplexes me how Mr. Huff-and-Puff (running, he always looked as if he had just smoked a pack of cigarettes) got that second ring. But no grudges. I was at the Citi Field game that was the sad beginning to the sad end, when he played 2B, which itself was perplexing. So was Macdog, whom I met for the first time. That was the Saturday in 2012 when the Red Sox blew something like a fifteen-run lead to the Yankees. At that point in the 2012 season, I had the chance of the San Francisco Giants winning the World Series at something like 2.9% at best.

• DJLoo said, on January 5, 2014 at 6:53 pm

I think Huff was having huge mental issues that year.

• blade3colorado said, on January 5, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Probably misplaced his thong.

• twinfan1 said, on January 5, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Aubrey at work in the booth
        work

17. blade3colorado said, on January 5, 2014 at 4:02 pm

WTF???? Niners offense on a milk carton?

18. DJLoo said, on January 5, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Any word on where Zito might be headed?

• pawliekokonuts said, on January 5, 2014 at 5:52 pm

the Mexican League?

• Flavor said, on January 5, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Maui

• pawliekokonuts said, on January 5, 2014 at 6:09 pm

with more feline adornments than Stix’s bed

19. pawliekokonuts said, on January 5, 2014 at 5:57 pm

I watched some of the game at the Blarney Stone, a Tipp Hill bar with great $3.75 burgers. I merely had a Pepsi. It was loud, with surprisingly several 49er fans. One 49er fan was drunk and obnoxious, so I moved to a corner near the kitchen. I could not take the bar scene, so I left with seconds on the clock, fairly certain of victory, which I cheerfully heard on the radio.

Stix really is our resident Jim Harrison, isn’t he? I am reading Harrison’s “Brown Dog,” who is one of the most colorful male characters in recent American literature.

20. zumiee said, on January 5, 2014 at 6:45 pm

Kap is now 3-0 vs. Rodgers, 2-0 in the playoffs.
    Ownage, as Krukow would say.

• Flavor said, on January 5, 2014 at 8:07 pm

and Niners 4 straight vs the supposed “unbeatable, dominant, Rodgers.*

• DJLoo said, on January 5, 2014 at 8:38 pm

You think he’s overrated? They’ve never really given him any big time weapons.

21. unca_chuck said, on January 5, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Mike, my point about changing minds is you berating people on my blog re Alex. You aren’t going to change Dennis, NoFear, or whoever else’s mind regarding Smith. I’ll defend Alex when warranted, but I mainly ignore the rest. NO ONE but Niners fans feel the way the rest of the country feels about Alex.

Big time weapons, DJ? Jermichael Findley and Jordy Nelson are top of the line. Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, etc. They’ve had WRs. They’ve never had a strong run game. Til this year. Cobb’s a good young WR as well.

22. twinfan1 said, on January 5, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Chuck, the berating is done by “your people”. I respond to the incessant idiocy. I haven’t even done that for more than a year. Considering the outrageous crap you put up with there, even mentioning the little I said is way out of line. As I told you before, I’m not out to change minds- just speaking my piece. I just gave the crew a lesson about “intentional grounding” and with that- sayonara for another year. The asylum is all yours, try to keep your inmates from running it.

• unca_chuck said, on January 5, 2014 at 10:37 pm

Fuck you very much Mike. Don’t respond. Too hard? Awww. Sorry you can’t control the internet Like I said, you aren’t going to change anyone’s mind about Alex. Not on my blog or anywhere else.

Who needed the lesson? As usual, someone mentions Alex’s name and you have to blast everyone and everything.

23. twinfan1 said, on January 5, 2014 at 9:42 pm

And GNight, Flappers. Maybe catch you in a couple weeks.

24. Bozo said, on January 6, 2014 at 5:59 am

Five to six hour drive to Charlotte, hotel next to the stadium about a hundred bucks, tickets a couple of hundred, hmmm…

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 493 other followers