Chugging Through Spring Training

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on March 6, 2014

I haven’t checked the spring stats yet. That’s by design, I don’t want to get too jazzed up one way or the other about anyone. I did hear on the radio that Minicozzi’s batting average dropped to .556 after he *only* had 2 hits yesterday.

Freddy Sanch….I mean, “Marco Scutaro” has had his timeline pushed back again. He won’t be playing this weekend. The Giants say this is all part of their plan for him. Yeah, right.

Our good friend ChiPower is representing the Flap in Arizona this weekend and I’m hoping he sends us lots of pics of all our favorites!

About these ads

1. willedav said, on March 6, 2014 at 7:43 am

In a way, I think it’s a good thing SF gets long look at the Abreus and Adrianzas…they aren’t likely to keep both plus Arias unless Scuts starts season on the DL. And really it’s less about who lights up ST than potential defensive versatility going forward. Scuts is a pro hitter who likely doesn’t need many ABs to get ready at this point in his career.
    Nice to see Hembree have good bounce back appearance. He could come in handy.

I don’t get into ST numbers either. HS b-ball playoffs are in full swing and I know public school kids whose teams are still in and playing well. College tournaments (more fun than big dance to me) are starting up, and my own team finished up last weekend so I’ll have more time to check out more games.
    Not a good night for locals, as Cal and Stanford men both lost close games at home, not a good thing in such a tightly bunched league
    . I read stat on Cards womens teams–since 2002 they have won league tourney 10 times out of 11, total domination, and I’d be shocked they lose this year. TVD is helluva coach, but really she has better players than anyone including likely POY for entire nation. Trust me, it’s a lot easier to coach in that situation— good players can make you look pretty smart.

2. Bozo said, on March 6, 2014 at 8:11 am

Spring Training, baseball and beer under the Arizona sun, I believe I’m a bit envious of Chi.

• chipower9 said, on March 6, 2014 at 9:47 am

I’ll raise one (at least) for you, Clown!

• Flavor said, on March 6, 2014 at 9:50 am

shit, you can say that again.

3. dirtnrocksnomo said, on March 6, 2014 at 8:23 am

Glass Scutaro?

4. Chipower9 said, on March 6, 2014 at 9:44 am

I have not been following the stats that closely, but did hear that the Giants starters have given up all of one earned run. Yeah, it’s early, but WTF…the pitching staff is a huge part of whether or not these guys are successful and plaly into October (that and there D needs to be tightened up from last year). Regardless, it IS baseball. San Fran Fucking Giants baseball. And I am EXCITED!

In about 52 hours (not that I am counting or anything) my daughter and I should have our feet firmly planted on the Arizona desert in Scottsdale. First game is Sunday against the hated Bumbinos in their yard. Monday vs. Cubbies at Scottsdale, and Tuesday against the Reds in their yard. We have good lower box seats for each game. It’s a short trip, but should be a whole hell of a lot of fun. I will be sending picts to Flav, and he can determine what he wants to post, etc.

I will definitely tilt a cold one or two, and a cocktail or three in recognition of my Flap brothers and sisters.

5. Flavor said, on March 6, 2014 at 9:48 am

if you guys follow Pav on Twitter go check out some of the hilarious pics he’s posting– the giants players switched uni’s today. Loe is wearing Timmy’s uni and vice versa. Loe is 6’8.

6. Flavor said, on March 6, 2014 at 9:51 am

Here’s a good one:

photo/1

• snarkk said, on March 6, 2014 at 10:02 am

Another reason why I love baseball. One guy huge, the other small. And, the better pitcher is — the little guy…

7. unca_chuck said, on March 6, 2014 at 12:39 pm

• zumiee said, on March 6, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Cool tune. I like it!

• Bozo said, on March 6, 2014 at 1:53 pm

I think I still have that Fence Busters card.

Hey, maybe Posey’s nickname should be Fence.

8. zumiee said, on March 6, 2014 at 12:49 pm

That guy in Lincecum’s uni…..that’s the way the unis looked in the 1980s. And with the mustaches, most of the players looked like Freddy Mercury.

• unca_chuck said, on March 6, 2014 at 2:45 pm

And, in the Giants case back then, played like him.

9. ewisco said, on March 6, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Arroyo out with a bulging disk for 7 – 10 days

10. unca_chuck said, on March 6, 2014 at 2:47 pm

This definitely brings back memories . . .

11. Bozo said, on March 6, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Hudson tosses 3 scoreless, Sandoval homers in 3-2 win over Reds.
    The starting staff really has that three inning thing down. It looks like they came ready, so do you start stretching them out now?

• Alleykat said, on March 6, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Well if there doing there pre-game stretching properly this ST , Why not Clown…

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 457 other followers