In a word, it’s……

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 4, 2014

So how would you describe Angel Pagan’s hair? In one word. They’re riffing on this on KNBR this morning and the texts coming in are pretty good. “Billowing” was my favorite. I offered up “organic” and it got a shout out by Murph. One guy offered up this one: “it reminds me of a warm safe place that as a child I’d hide.”– obviously not one word, but epic in it GnRness.

They covered most of the best ones already but wanted to see what Flap Nation could come up with (sorry I’m not posting a picture of his hair in all its “resplendency”, I’m at work and I can’t post pics from this computer).

About these ads

1. blade3colorado said, on April 4, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Puig just interviewed and he seemed very sincere about being late . . . Apologized to his team mates and fans. He didn’t make excuses. That being said, he fucked up and his team mates are rightly pissed off.

• snarkk said, on April 4, 2014 at 5:19 pm

How ’bout a sincere fine of one game’s pay?…

2. Flavor said, on April 4, 2014 at 5:48 pm

now that’s how you do a replay. Girardi challenged immediately and they were probably in replay for about 50 seconds before they came back with the correct call. Nice.

• DJLoo said, on April 4, 2014 at 6:23 pm

If you’re happy, I’m happy.

• blade3colorado said, on April 4, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Loo, what do you know about the Mets catcher, Recker? He just threw out Hamilton trying to steal 2nd (pitcher was Farnsworth. Did you see the play (I’m following the ESPN Gamescast dots)?

• DJLoo said, on April 4, 2014 at 7:28 pm

He doesn’t like PITS, PITS, PITS in his JUICE, JUICE, JUICE….

3. pawliekokonuts said, on April 4, 2014 at 7:12 pm

I was ready to take the gas pipe if we lost; fortunately, Macdog, Sam P., and Aidan C., all East Coast fellow Giants fans, kept me steady via texts while I was at a very, very rough girls’ lacrosse game. Plus, one of the fathers of the players fed me stuff from his smartphone in the last inning. We beat Auburn 10-8 and are 3-0.

It’s already a Dickensian year. Vogs gets 2 RBIs and still can’t manage a W.

• Macdog said, on April 4, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Congrats on the lax win. Who’s next, ‘Bama?

• DJLoo said, on April 4, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Ever hear of Anthony “Gaspipe” Casso? Big Dodger fan…

4. paulinasia said, on April 4, 2014 at 7:55 pm

The DogEars will win a lot of games this season. Best way for the Giants to keep up is to beat LA as many times as possible in the head-to-head matchups. It won’t matter if LA wins 10 more games than SF against the rest of the schedule, if the Giants can win most of the head-to-head games. A good start today. And Snarkk, agree about wanting to see Hicks more at 2nd.

• DJLoo said, on April 4, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Didn’t quite work out that way last year,Paul…unless they go 16-2 against ‘em…

• paulinasia said, on April 4, 2014 at 8:09 pm

I’d settle for 14-4…. :-)

5. SanDawg said, on April 4, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Just watched the highlights. Didn’t realize we got off to such a big start. A good friend of mine is a huge Dodger fan and was at the game. We get after each other pretty good and I still remember him vigorously high-fiving several strangers around us a few years back when Manny Ramirez hit a pinch hit bomb off Romo to cap a comeback the last time I was at Dogger Stadium with him. I wanted to choke his ass out right then and there. The thought of him just settling into his seats for opening day and seeing the Giants put up a 6 spot in the top of the 1st puts a big smile on my face.
    Glad to hear Bozo say to give Vogy some time. Yes, he pitched pretty badly, but LA has a loaded line-up and it ain’t like they move the fences back a hundred feet just cuz you got an 8-0 lead. Also looked to me like AGone took out a pretty good pitch that was down and away.
    I’m still on the Voglesong bandwagon.

• DJLoo said, on April 4, 2014 at 8:21 pm

I refuse to support anything that would upset her:

• SanDawg said, on April 4, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Now THAT reminds me a warm, safe place where as a child I lied…

• snarkk said, on April 4, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Maybe SHE can get through the 5th inning with an 8 run lead — and a pan full of enchiladas…

6. Flavor said, on April 4, 2014 at 8:29 pm

The fucking A’s just got postponed because they forgot to put the tarp out LAST night. It’s been slightly raining here today, nothing since about 2pm and no rain is in the forecast tonight. All the fans showed up (what’s that, about 8k?) and then they told them the game was postponed. lol, the booing ensued. What a ragtag low class operation. It’s no wonder Beane likes picking the low fruit there. With spewing sewage and grounds crew that spend more time taking bong hits than following simple directions, he’s got it made there in terms of doing whatever the fuck he wants (minus spending money).

• willedav said, on April 4, 2014 at 9:13 pm

I think the Kings wish there was a tarp inside the Oracle after being down 32 at end of first half. Yeow.

• DJLoo said, on April 4, 2014 at 9:49 pm

They should never have left Rochester…

• snarkk said, on April 4, 2014 at 10:04 pm

willied, I saw some of the 2nd Q of that game at my health club and about barfed. What an exhibition. I wouldn’t call it basketball. Unwatchable, but I watched it for the garbage factor — like looking at a train wreck. People paid lots of dough to see that? And, Fitz on KNBR says college ball is unwatchable? Ha ha ha…

• snarkk said, on April 4, 2014 at 11:13 pm

A’s cancelling a game because of wet infield is a hoot. The didn’t tarp the infield overnight because they thought it would not rain due to advice from a “consultant”, then it did rain — a lot. What, nobody has cell phones to call in the help and tarp it up? Infield turned to mush. So, they let their fans come into the park, pay parking, probably get beers and food, then 10 minutes before scheduled start told them “oops”, game cancelled. What a bush league operation…

• Alleykat said, on April 5, 2014 at 12:32 am

It was inclosive evidence from the replay booth on the weather factor Snarkk!

• Nipper said, on April 5, 2014 at 2:29 am

Why not tarp ……they tarp everything else in that crap-O.com stadium. No wonder the toilets back-up, the whole stadium is built into a giant hole in the ground.

7. snarkk said, on April 4, 2014 at 11:14 pm

Dbacks claimed Kieschnick on waivers…

• Nipper said, on April 5, 2014 at 2:31 am

So they’re taking Giants left-overs or that never were…..

• DJLoo said, on April 5, 2014 at 4:49 am

Maybe they need someone to clean the pool.

8. twinfan1 said, on April 5, 2014 at 9:25 am

That Puig! Now he’s early but thinks he’s late. Thought today’s game was last night ;-)

9. salty said, on April 5, 2014 at 9:26 am

Good outing from Blackburn, one of our much ballyhooed hopefuls at Richmond.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 497 other followers