NorCal is Better Than SoCal

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 17, 2014

In case you non-Californians didn’t know it, according to Rod Brooks of KNBR, the is officially “Beat LA Week”. The Giants continue to put the smack down on the Dodgers and the A’s are busy battling the Angels. I’m told that the Sharks are playing the Kings in the hockey playoffs. And Golden State drew the Clippers in the first round of the NBA playoffs set to kick off on Saturday.

I also heard that the Warriors D-league team in Santa Cruz has recently bounced the LA team from the D-league playoffs. So that’s one more for our side.

Truthfully, the only one I really care about is the one we all care about: Giants/Dodgers. I have no feelings about the A’s, hockey might as well be soccer in my world, and while I am hoping the Warriors compete and win vs the Clips I have very low expectations now that we know Bogut is out with a broken rib. What would have been an exciting series is probably going to be a cake walk for Blake Griffin and Co.

So everybody now, this time loud and in unison: “BEAT LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

About these ads

1. Flavor said, on April 17, 2014 at 7:12 am

and in a “we all saw this coming” moment, Scott Cousins is now with the Rangers organization….trying to convert himself to a left handed pitcher…..

2. James said, on April 17, 2014 at 8:00 am

15 games in: starting pitching needs to get better, no way bullpen and offense can keep up current pace.

3. James said, on April 17, 2014 at 8:03 am

Additional shout out to Macdog for his completely on the mark POTD, especially the last line.

4. willedav said, on April 17, 2014 at 8:15 am

No ? LA has excellent SPs and solid LU. But so far Giants have outplayed them head to head. I didn’t think SF pen was all that bad going in compared to LA–now Giants have hung couple Ls on them and a blown save on Jansen. Romo shuts down heart of the order again.
    Bochy gets another nice shot off the bench, as Arias starts rally and Adrianza bunts him into scoring position.

Story of this one was Vogs, in top form. Player of game has to be Mrs., for whatever services rendered.

I’d say James 8:00 is right, but back to back nice outings from struggling parts of rotation are good to see. Giants will miss Cashner who dominated last night for Padres too.

5. snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 8:15 am

This is the 125th year of the Doghairs. Scully has been the announcer for 64, more than half the life of the team. That is amazing. Not all’s been peaches and cream — I didn’t know until Wiki that his first wife died of an accidental medical overdose at 35, and his oldest son died in a helicopter accident…

6. willedav said, on April 17, 2014 at 8:26 am

As far as Cal’s new head coach goes, I think it’s better he’s been a head guy at a couple programs. I’d worry perception of the asst. by players would be he is not his own guy but Monty’s stand in; Martin played for Gene Keady at Purdue so he is used to high expectations and hard work ethic. Maybe he gives them a different look and new schemes which is good because they will have to adjust to life without Cobbs, the go to.

Plus, Pac 12 is gonna take a big hit from talented guys leaving early–already Jahi Carson from ASU, Aaron Gordon and Johnson from UA, now Kyle Anderson of UCLA. Stanford graduates top guys on front line and Martin is bringing a 7′ with him to help cover glaring inside weakness last year.

7. Alleykat said, on April 17, 2014 at 8:28 am

Real nice Birthday present for Bruce Bochy beating the Bums “Twice”!!!
    Don’t think that’s ever happened for a manager,unless they played a double header… Let’s get the trifecta today ,boys and sweep their sorry asses!!!

8. salty said, on April 17, 2014 at 8:33 am

I’ve nothing but admiration and profound respect for a guy who works at what he loves till he drops. Scully may suffer from short term memory loss. My old man is 89, can tell you stories in vivid detail from his childhood, but forgets what I told him within minutes .

• Irish Kevin said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:13 pm

I have an 88 year old monther I can relate to the memory thing.

9. paulinasia said, on April 17, 2014 at 8:35 am

Question to Flappers about Romo. I’ve always been wary of him as the closer; because that frisbee slider is just too hittable if the opposing hitters ever figure it out. I played a lot of whiffle ball with friends many years back, and Romo’s key pitch looks like a frisbee pitch you can do sidearm with a whiffle ball. He struck out Kemp (who looks terrible) with it in the 9th…. To end the 2012 Series, he struck out Cabrera with a “fast ball” likely because Miggy was looking for the frisbee slider… But in the 9th yesterday, he struck out A-Gon with…. what was that? Looked like what they used to call a screwball, but you don’t hear screwball mentioned much anymore. It’s a great pitch, inside out, going the other way and down. Being on the other side of the world, I just don’t see enough of all of Romo’s pitches, but that was a great pitch and had A-Gon (fuck him) shaking his head. Use that one more, Sergio….. Oh, and also fuck Scott Cousins, like, forever. And also fuck Han-Ram for hitting into a double play (nice play by Arias at short) and getting hit by a pitch in the hand. G’s often seem to go soft in game 3 of a series when they could sweep. This is one I’d love to see them nail down.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 17, 2014 at 8:56 am

I think Romo is best used sort of the way Lopez is. Certain situations and mostly against RH batters. He gets burned by his frisbee pitch from time to time but it’s hard to argue with his results since being moved into the closer role.

• snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 10:27 am

Romo throws a two-seam fastball, which would run away from a LH batter towards the outside of the plate (Romo’s pitching arm side). That’s probably what you saw, it would move the same direction as a screwgie, but faster. I don’t think he throws a 4-seamer much, if at all, since he doesn’t have much mustard on his pitches, and a 4-seamer essentially doesn’t move much…

10. dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 17, 2014 at 8:57 am

Here’s a somewhat interesting article on replay.

I think I’ve seen some of my esteemed colleagues on this site but am not sure.

• zumiee said, on April 17, 2014 at 9:23 am

After the 6th inning, a kind of Kabuki theater takes over, true:

“So, practically, that means that any close play on the field leads the manager who came out on the short end to hustle onto the diamond and perform a staged argument against the call. (Or he doesn’t even argue; the Nationals’ Matt Williams noted he usually just talks about the weather.) All the while the manager keeps an eye trained on the dugout for a sign as to whether to challenge the call. Once the thumbs-up is given, the manager officially asks for the replay. The umps then contact the “Replay Operations Center” in New York, who will then decide whether the original call was correct. It’s a pantomime, and a boring one, at that.”

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 17, 2014 at 9:32 am

Kabuki theater is a good way to put it. I’ve always thought some version of the mac-cam from tennis should be used down the outfield line. With the potential for an outfielder or infielder to cross the line during live action though I don’t know if it would disrupt the signal and make it unworkable.

11. zumiee said, on April 17, 2014 at 9:18 am

Paul, Romo was working on a new pitch in Spring Training, but I can’t remember what it was. I think it was a change-up. Maybe that pitch to Gonzalez was a change-up.
    Last night, at the time, I thought it was a low fastball, but now you have me thinking differently.

12. dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 17, 2014 at 9:34 am

One of the best days of my life was seeing the LA basin in the rear view mirror as I left that pus-pit for good.

13. James said, on April 17, 2014 at 9:37 am

Since being moved into the closer role, Romo has a 90% save rate. That’s about as close to perfect as you’re going to get.

The only thing to worry about with him is his inevitable decline through age and injury. Through the years of obsession and fretting about his slider — an awesome pitch — Romo has put together a very good career. Saying that he occasionally gets into trouble with it is like pointing out that Goose Gossage would get into trouble every once in a while with his fastball.

14. Bozo said, on April 17, 2014 at 9:59 am

Can’t stand the A’s and don’t really care about the other sports, so I’ll save the Beat LA chant for the Dodgers, thank you very much. And since I’m still pissed at Josh Beckett slowing a game down to five hours, fuck him too. We’ve got Madison to sweep the joint out,
    and the snot rockets’ red glare, the Bums bursting into thin air…

• Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 10:22 am

Dammit! Our clown’s a poet and we didn’t know it.

• stickman said, on April 17, 2014 at 10:41 am

“Snot rockets’ red glare”. Good line. Apt.

15. Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 10:11 am

Went back and caught up on some of the comments from last night. On Scully, the best thing about him is Jon Miller’s impersonation, in Japanese. Konichi Wa!

Dirt asked last night about Hicks (his mention that Perez was sent down) and if he plays OF. Yes. I saw him start a couple of games during ST, and in one game he had a really nice catch. Certainly did not embarras himself out there.

RE: Romo and his pitch arsenal. A couple of years ago he was a two trick pony, predominantly. I remember reading about him expanding on the pitches he throws, and I believe Kruk talked about it during ST. As we all know, his money pitch is the slider. He has thrown it 55.6% of the time this year. Next is the fastball at 26.3%, followed by the change-up (pitch he added this year) at 12.1% and lastly a sinker at 6.1%. In the past he has also (infrequently) thrown a two-seam fastball and a cutter. (Stats compliments of fangraphs.)

Until he starts proving that he cannot handle the closer role, I am down with him in that role.

16. Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 10:20 am

Also, interesting stuff on Puig’s background (links shared yesterday). I had read the ESPN article earlier in the day, yesterday.

Very nice start by Vogey yesterday. I had implored Nicole to service her husband appropriately so that he might find his missing pitching mojo. Maybe she made him a tray of enchiladas, too. Hoping to see him do this consistently.

Big Country on the bump for our Giants today. BEAT LA!

17. dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 17, 2014 at 10:39 am

Thanks Chi. I thought so. Every grounder headed towards 2b is making me nervous these days.

• Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 10:49 am

I agree…and then he flashes a brilliant play. Overall (even with the occasional shoddy D), I think he is the best option at 2nd base for now.

• Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 10:52 am

Also, sent you a friend request on FB…

• snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 11:04 am

Not sure why Adrianza is on the 25. He’s got glove, but a bat like a pitcher. Essentially if he gets a spot start, an 0-4 is nearly a sure thing. This can’t last…

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 17, 2014 at 11:15 am

He’s out of options right? I guess Sabean an Bochy see something they like there. They seem to be the only two that see it.

• Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 11:19 am

I read somewhere yesterday that many scouts on other teams are high on him, and that some even project him as a starter. Surprised the hell outta me…I don’t see it. But yeah…him being out of options is the only reason his is here.

18. willedav said, on April 17, 2014 at 10:44 am

Replay is funky, sure but I don’t see how you could have the players do it like the guy column suggests…every tag/close play there would be an argument just like the homies playing b-ball in the park.
    Tennis they are right there–how could a hitter determine fair/foul or HR/wall or catch/trap on a ball hit 300-400 ft away from him or while he is running out a hit?

19. stickman said, on April 17, 2014 at 10:45 am

Bummed out LaBumbos battered by Bumtown Carolina’s favorite son. Bit long for a headline, but that’s what i’d like to see today. Snotrockets serenade today and we are definitely in their heads. Even the second coming of Opie the Great One may not be enough to juice up their batteries if their season starts out 1-5 vs SF.

20. snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 10:49 am

For those interested in how to grip and throw the different pitches…

21. snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 10:54 am

The problem with replay review on pickoffs is that the camera angles are rarely going to show a clear scenario of what happened. Angles are too flat. If you had a camera flying on one of those wires above the stadium like they have in NFL football, right above the bag and zooming in on it, then you could see directly when the tag is applied and where the hand is in relation to the bag. That kind of camera won’t happen, most likely, since the wiring might interfere with popups. I think after a while the teams will learn from experience when to protest and when not, particularly on these tag plays. The ball beating/not beating the runner to first is much more clear cut for review, and doesn’t take much time. I say set a 90 second max on reviews for any protested call. If you can’t decide in 90 seconds, by rule it’s inconclusive, and move on. By setting a bright line time limit, you could increase the protests to 3 or 4 a game per side or even unlimited, with all scoring plays subject to auto review. I don’t know what the average # protests/game has been so far, but it’s not going to go over 4 or 5, even if it were unlimited. 5 x 90 seconds = 7.5 minutes tops per game. Beckett took that much time just doing nothing the other night…

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 17, 2014 at 11:17 am

90 seconds is pretty reasonable. Really, they need to go to a reviewer on site. The two umps standing there with an intern holding cables for them just reinforces the incompetence of it all. Why aren’t they watching the replay too? They’re just listening in with knowing head nods?

• Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 11:23 am

I like the 90 second rule, and also agree (and have posted in the past) that EVERY play at the plate needs to be reviewable.

22. Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 11:16 am

Arias, SS
    Pence, RF
    Sandoval, 3B
    Posey, C
    Morse, LF
    Belt, 1B
    Hicks, 2B
    Blanco, CF
    Bumgarner, P

Pagan with the day off and MudBug missing from the line-up again….

• snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 11:31 am

I’m still not getting Pence in the #2 hole. He’s got speed, but he’s got an OBP of .269. Why isn’t Blanco leading off? I don’t much like this lineup. I like Hicks’ stick so far for a 2nd sacker, but unless he settles in with the leather, he’s got me thinking that in honor of Ray Ray he may deserve the moniker “Stone Hands #2″..

• James said, on April 17, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Pence won’t have an OBP of 269 all year. Against lefties, it was 365 last year. This year it’s 350.

• snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 12:36 pm

At this point, it’s not. With his potential pop, I’d rather he be down the lineup while he builds his OBP to career levels…

• James said, on April 17, 2014 at 12:48 pm

His crappy OBP and OPS have been just as damaging when he’s batting 6th. And the OBP is at 350 when he bats against left handers, which is the rationale for putting him there. His numbers will improve no matter where he bats, so it doesn’t really much matter. As I said before, it’s cool that Bochy is willing to try putting high OPS players in that slot instead of guys who are better suited to the 7 or 8 spot.

23. snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 11:21 am

Here’s an article on replay review. For the first two weeks of the season, review time averaged 2:15. 64 calls were challenged over 141 games, or just under 0.5 challenges per game. 21 of the 64 challenged calls were reversed, about 1/3. That’s a pretty hefty proportion of wrong calls. I’ll bet that proportion of successful challenges will increase over time as the teams learn when not to challenge. If the season stats in the end show that the number of average challenges / game is < 1, I don't see why they just wouldn't change the rule to unlimited challenges, and forget the "lose your second challenge if you're wrong rule." http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_25555493/major-league-baseballs-instant-replay-system-is-working

• zumiee said, on April 17, 2014 at 12:04 pm

If it were unlimited, wouldn’t teams just challenge any reasonably close play willy-nilly? “Unlimited” seems like a scary idea to me, unless you mean the umpires can decide whether to allow the challenges or not, and then that creates another variable. And also raises the question of calls being challenged to upset the pitcher’s rhythm, or to give a bullpen guy more time, etc.

• snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 12:43 pm

I’m not that scared by unlimited, zum. Nobody will challenge a call where the guy is out by a half step. There aren’t that many close calls per game — I don’t think managers would protest every tag at second, for example. I just think this original idea of losing a second challenge opportunity if you get overruled on the first challenge makes no sense, if the goal is to get calls right, per the Giants v. Dbacks home plate call about 10 games ago. Either go unlimited, or you get a flat 2 or 3 or 4 per team per game, no loss of challenges if a challenge is overruled. I think everybody agrees that all scoring plays are to be reviewed automatically (of course pretty much only those with a tag involved will actually be reviewed)…

24. zumiee said, on April 17, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Romo’s a really good closer; but something about last season still strikes me as odd. He had a lot of good stats, but his W/L record was 5-8. 8 losses for the closer. What does that mean? When it went bad for him, it went REALLY bad, or maybe just bad luck on balls in play (BABP)?

• James said, on April 17, 2014 at 12:19 pm

W-L record for a closer is potentially even more disassociated from his actual performance than it is for a starter, given that he is pitching in the 9th and beyond when the game can end after the home half of any inning.

• zumiee said, on April 17, 2014 at 12:28 pm

Maybe that speaks to the kind of character traits a good closer, like Romo, needs. Last year, Romo took a walk of shame 8 times, but still every time he’s handed the ball he’s ready to rock and roll, and get the job done. A closer has to have the kind of short memory that a good NFL cornerback has.

• James said, on April 17, 2014 at 12:30 pm

His career record is also a little more in line with his superb stats: 26-17.

25. Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 1:14 pm

On a separate note, I read earlier where Dontrell (D Train) Willis has been released by the Giants (trying to make his most recent comeback with Fresno)…

26. Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Only 1-0…ya gotta let Bum take the bump in the 5th to be eligible for the W.

27. Manny said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Bummy got a touch of the Red Ass that inning. I can’t say as I blame him for getting it though.

28. Bozo said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:01 pm

I think the next time Blue gets that close to the mound, his shoe will lose a little shine from a snot rocket.

29. DJLoo said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:08 pm

I’d like to throw the fuckin’ organ player at ATT off the upper deck.

30. Alleykat said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Chi, I think Boch is being extra cautious with Mudbug who has a tight hamstring, probably will start him against the Max Pads Friday.

• Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Agree, Kat (on MudBug)…

31. Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Fuck…looks like it will be on the bullpen to keep it close, and hope the offense can get it going…

BEAT FUCKING LA!

• snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Good thing there’s a day off tomorrow, Pen is going to get used pretty well here…

32. snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Bum outta sorts today, then let the ump get to him some…

33. Macdog said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Of the three starters this series, it’s hard to imagine MadBum having the shortest outing.

34. zumiee said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Sandoval has a lot of talent, but he doesn’t seem to have learned a lot about hitting over the years. I can appreciate “see ball, hit ball,” and it’s worked a fair amount for him over the years; but after several years in the majors, there should be some signs of having learned something more.

• Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:14 pm

And exactly what is that, Zumie?

.295 BA, .349 OBP, .472 SLG, .822 OPS. 21 HRs and 88 RBIs (lifetime averages).

Just curious exactly what you mean….

35. Irish Kevin said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:48 pm

I hate it when the offense reverts back to the previous 4 years. These 0-1, 1-2 games….yuck, nice pitching duel but the offense sucks

• zumiee said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Well, the ballpark just took a homerun away from them, but your point is well taken. These flat performances when they have a chance to sweep are disappointing.

• Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:15 pm

I really could give a flying fuck how many runs they score, as long as they score one more than the opposition. I’ll take 10-5 at this early juncture of the season.

36. unca_chuck said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:50 pm

The offense is sorely lacking these games. 5 runs in 3 games is poor. Even if we stand to win 2 of 3 . . .

• zumiee said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:54 pm

And we’re losing today to the Dodgers’ scrubini line-up.

• unca_chuck said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Ahhhh. Just turned it on. Didn’t know that.

Time for a crooked number . . .

• snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:55 pm

LA’s pitching is good, even without Kershaw. That’s the main reason. I think we have to give some credit to the opposition. And, at the sake of being repetitive, the SF bench can’t hit, doesn’t help. Through last night: Perez .000; Adrianza .059; Blanco .154; Sanchez .176; Arias .200. Sheezus…

37. unca_chuck said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Scheist. Did the strike zone shrink?

38. unca_chuck said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:54 pm

2 of those to the last guy were balls.

Puig makes a a habit of standing at home plate and watching his flyballs get caught, in fair territory, without bothering to run to first. Funny shit.

39. snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 2:57 pm

So, are we going to see the Beard? Hope so to hear the boos, and would love to get some runs off him…

40. blade3colorado said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Nice one Jeremy. NOT!

41. snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Well, Affeldt starts nicely by giving up a double…

42. blade3colorado said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Kemp totally fooled on that pitch.

43. blade3colorado said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Oh yeah! Nice double play started by Jeremy.

• blade3colorado said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:11 pm

He’s back in the circle of trust. :-)

44. Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Now THAT’S how you do a double play! Come on Gigantes…time to score some runs!

45. unca_chuck said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:11 pm

THAT’S how you draw it up. Very stupid baserunning there. Got to pull this one out off B Weezy. That would be awesome.

46. blade3colorado said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:14 pm

FUCK YEAH!

47. unca_chuck said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Way to get a hit, Adzie!

48. Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:19 pm

I don’t care for Miller continually referring to Wilson as “The Beard.” I think DickWad is more appropriate…

49. Flavor said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:21 pm

How great would this be…

50. blade3colorado said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:21 pm

End this with a fucking home run Panda.

• snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Or a swing at an eye-level fastball…

51. blade3colorado said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Pfffttt! Next . . . Come on Buster!!!!!!!!!!!!!

52. snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Looks like Wilson hasn’t changed his MO. Lots of pitches, lots of drama…

• snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:26 pm

And, no runs allowed…

53. Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Come on Buster…

54. Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Fuck!

55. blade3colorado said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:27 pm

Damn. That was in Buster’s wheelhouse . . . Wilson got extremely lucky with that pitch.

56. snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Alright, Affeldt got it done. If he’s back on track and wearing his damn brace, that’s a big plus…

57. blade3colorado said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Hilarious. I’ll take it though . . .

58. Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Come on Blanco…get the bat off your fucking shoulder…

• snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Yep, go down swinging if you’re going down…

59. Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Or, just go down to first base…. (insert gay assed smily face)…

60. snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Now is where lack of bench pop hurts. Adrianza up with two guys on. He hit one dinger in ST, right? How ’bout a surprise one here — what a story it would be…

• snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:49 pm

Have they used Hicks yet?…

• Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Hicks started….

• snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:55 pm

I guess that’s a YES… ;)

61. blade3colorado said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Shit, this seems unfair. :-)

• blade3colorado said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:49 pm

Just close your eyes and swing. HA.

62. blade3colorado said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Sheesh . . . Unbelievable.

63. snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Well, knock me over with a feather! Adrianza getting the bloop, yeah yeah. Keep this going, Crawfish!…

64. snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Swing it, Crawfish!…

65. Chipower9 said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Fuck the Bums. At least they didn’t just roll over…

66. snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Oh, well, good battle. I’ll take the series win. Too bad good pitching was wasted. This one didn’t look good from the get go with that lineup. I swear, if Pagan isn’t playing, they’re friggin’ listless…

67. snarkk said, on April 17, 2014 at 4:09 pm

7 straight one-run games for SF. 9 of 16 total so far…

68. Flavor said, on April 17, 2014 at 5:31 pm

The thing to take from this is the surprising vulnerability of the Dodger bullpen. Jansen is a freak and he’s looked anything but that this year. The game is far from over in the 7th when LA has a lead…….

69. WilcoJoe said, on April 17, 2014 at 6:11 pm

The more I listen to Scully, the more I love and respect the ‘ol codger dodger. To be able to do 9 innings solo at his age without taking a breath is unreal. I don’t think he is human…Jon Miller may be the closest we come to the next great voice of baseball. I just don’t think he or anyone else can or will do what Vin has done and still does today.

• Flavor said, on April 17, 2014 at 6:16 pm

How about Hack (or Whack) or whatever that White Sox broadcaster’s name is. Does he do anything for you? He is unlistentoable.
      I respect Scully, I just don’t like listening to him.
      I wonder if Twin’s dad knew him personally?

• WilcoJoe said, on April 17, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Hawk Harrellson is so bad he is funny. I think he is a terrible broadcaster, but he’s like the proverbial car wreck on the side of the highway. You can’t help but listen to him. But the absolute worst is the Yankees guy ( I can’t remember if it’s Kay or Starling) but the one who says, “it is high, it is deep…”even on frozen rope homers that barely clear the fence. It’s like he makes shit up and has no idea that fans can actually see what IS really happening.

• Flavor said, on April 17, 2014 at 7:32 pm

“Hawk”. Ha. What a hack. He is the worst tho, right? He doesn’t even act like the “good fan” he’s trying to portray, he acts like the dipshit fuck sitting next to you at the bar who you want to pound into the ground…….

70. Flavor said, on April 17, 2014 at 6:24 pm

if you’re bored and want to watch some mini drama developing, Lester and Sale are both throwing nono’s and they’re going to bottom of the 5th…..

71. Nipper said, on April 17, 2014 at 6:49 pm

I got so bored I drove down to the river and started washing my clothes.

• Flavor said, on April 17, 2014 at 7:29 pm

that’s called a “predictable routine” my man, when you want to break it with something new try out a laundr-omat or whatever those are called.
      Hey, I fuck with you Nipper but you’ve always got a place to post here at the Flap. You were the first one to respond to me at the Splash after I made my first post there. Yes, I remember stupid shit like that.

72. Flavor said, on April 17, 2014 at 7:56 pm

i give a lot of shit to the wives of Giants players, it comes with the territory if you are one. Big tits, dick sucking jokes, etc. But I appreciate wives like Jalynne Crawford. Who knows what the future holds for these two, I think we all know but even when you know, you never know. Anyway, great blog post by her today.
    Belt’s big wife is up tomorrow. :)

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 499 other followers