Mini-Flapalooza Declared a Huge Success!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 26, 2014

Another Flapalooza is in the books and while this one didn’t have any surprises like the last one (that Flapalooza was titled “Your Daughter is Dating My Son…”) it was still a blast. Notable attendees besides myself included San Dawg, Dirt, Snarkk, James, Zummie, Unca Chuck, Chi and his son. And the best news was that we FINALLY brought home a W at a Flapalooza. I think we were 0-3 before that……

As usual, we didn’t catch much of the game. The highlight conversation was UncaChuck trying to sell us on the *fact* that Willie Mays made his famous catch some 490 feet away from home plate. I found that very hard to believe. We observed some of the AT&T landmarks for reference and it just wasn’t adding up. But Chuck stuck to his story and a couple of the guys supported it so in the end, I was forced to believe it. :) :) :) I see that on the last thread he made some revisions to his claim.

We took shots to celebrate Chuck’s birthday. That was fun.

I somehow completely missed seeing Morse’s bomb.

And I donned my Inspector Clouseau hat and solved the mystery of who *stole* Snarkk’s bobblehead. After interviewing several people it was discovered and returned to him. Nobody’s jacking a Flapper on a sanctioned Flapalooza, at least not on my watch.

And of course, I had another run in with an usher.

Here’s a selfie that I took of me, San Dawg and Snarkk. This picture is epic on so many levels:

flapalooza4

I didn’t take any other pics. Until this morning. Here’s what was across the street from the parking garage that housed my vehicle overnight:

junk

Ah San Francisco, you are nothing if not unique…..

About these ads

1. WilcoJoe said, on April 26, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Glad to see so many Flappers made it out, especially the ones that contribute to the majority of the posts here…One day I too shall make the trip and put my shirt to good use.

2. sportdude said, on April 26, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Very cool you guys got together…Just looking at the box score. We are in 1st place and our lineup is getting NOTHING from Posey and Sandoval….Crazy

3. salty said, on April 26, 2014 at 2:21 pm

98 pitches in 4 2/3. Sad.

4. sportdude said, on April 26, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Very sad. Sadder is another whole season after this one..

5. sportdude said, on April 26, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Bases loaded. Giant Pitchers 2/2
    Giant hitters 2/17..Sad
    Wait..BASE HIT!!! hitters gaining,.. now 3/18 Way to go Blanco!

6. James said, on April 26, 2014 at 2:47 pm

This is a fantastic inning against a pitcher with great stuff.

7. Macdog said, on April 26, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Rally time!

8. James said, on April 26, 2014 at 2:53 pm

I mentioned to Zumie last night after Belt’s first K that as an opposing pitcher with any kind of fastball, I’d never throw BB anything below the waist and I’d rarely use anything off-speed.

9. WilcoJoe said, on April 26, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Bout time Buster!

10. snarkk said, on April 26, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Nice game today, putting together that 4 run inning. Timmy just not good. Amazing they are where they are with Panda and Posey not hitting. Before today, Buster was hitting 3 for his last 39 (.103). Astoundingly, Panda after last night was 0-41 when he has had a count with 2 strikes on him. Pence’s single to right to knock in 2 today — that 2nd baseman Kipnis looked like he had a bad back on that one — didn’t get down to it, or attempt a slide grab to stop the ball from getting through. Francona can’t be happy about that defensive play…

11. blade3colorado said, on April 26, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Glad to hear you guys had a blast. Wish I could have been there. Great game too!

Agree snarkk – Tim was terrible today. Nothing to take from this game at all. Quite frankly, with 9 hits and 2 walks given up in 4.2 innings, he is so fortunate to escape with only the 2 earned runs. I’ve said this before, this is year 3 of Lincecum floundering and I see no indication that he will improve, other then the occasional “match-up” win against a weak hitting team. I’ve tried to figure out 7 ways from Sunday how the Giants are going to make the post season without him being at least an adequate number 4 pitcher . . .

Worse, if Voggy continues to face plant, then our shot at the post season becomes nil, if not impossible. Vogelsong struggled to get through just 1.1 innings last Monday, allowing five earned runs on six hits (three HR) with three walks and no strikeouts at Sherpaland. Tomorrow the bell tolls for Voggy and if he pitches as shitty as he did at Coors, then that is unequivocal in my mind and Sabes needs to get rid of him. Yeah, you get a pass for Coors, but the Phone Park should be an advantage, especially against a hapless team like the Indians, who know jack shit about you.

12. paulinasia said, on April 26, 2014 at 7:28 pm

Always great to see pics of Flappers flappin’ it up. Or down. I will be back in the Bay Area for probably at least a month this summer (mid-July into mid-August). It wouldn’t have to be another official Flapalooza, per se, but would love to catch a game and/or some brews watching a game on the tube somewhere with anybody who’s around at that time….

• Flavor said, on April 26, 2014 at 8:06 pm

sounds great. I’m fine not going to a game. We don’t really watch it anyway. The first couple Flapalooza’s were spent at a bar in Los Altos so we could easily do something ,like that again.

• paulinasia said, on April 26, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Sounds good.

13. paulinasia said, on April 26, 2014 at 8:04 pm

My “goal” for this team is to go 4 games over .500 each month of the 6-month season. That gets them to 93 wins and probably the post-season. With 2 of the 5 starters not doing very well, and with a couple of their supposed “sluggers” also not producing, here they are, nearly at the end of the 1st month, 4 games over .500. I’m pretty optimistic about this team’s chances if they can be where they are right now with some really key players not performing. They’ll have to make necessary adjustments to keep at this pace, but I don’t think Sabean will be declaring it another bad penny year… :-)

• Flavor said, on April 26, 2014 at 8:12 pm

If Kershaw comes back winning every fifth day for them, that’s gonna be a problem. I don’t think that’s a lock, I’m just saying it would be a problem.
      If the Dodgers stay as constituted though, I fear them not. And as Blade taught us last year, The Sherpa’s are just waiting till the elements break them down every year. SD doesn’t have the hitting and AZ sucks. Gibby will be fired mid season.
      So if we are clicking along at .583 without 2/5 of our rotation doing shit then we can probably sustain 2/5 of our rotation sucking all year. In fact, that’s like most rotations.
      We gotta get Pablo going. And, while Posey is running into one every now and again, he has to do better.
      And has anyone gotten a Marco Scutaro report from anywhere recently?

• James said, on April 26, 2014 at 8:47 pm

If they have the talent and luck, Paul, they could finish at or below 500 a couple of those months in the middle of the season, and still reach those 93 wins. :-)

• paulinasia said, on April 26, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Agree, James. Obviously they don’t have to finish each month 4 games up; it can average out. After last year, though, watching them tank in June and July, I’d prefer they just keep it simple and do well every month to avoid having a couple of bad months in a row…. :-)

14. Flavor said, on April 26, 2014 at 8:22 pm

by the way, my favorite moment from last night was this (and I doubt it will come across in text as awesome as it did in real time.
    Me and San Dawg headed out of the Pub House a little early, uninterested in joining the rest of the Flappers in line to get bobbleheads. Flavor don’t do lines. We figured we’d meet up with the rest of the crew inside.
    So we’re talking and walking up the ramp, winding up and back over and over. We had tickets in the Club Level section and as soon as we got to the first level of food and debauchery, I saw the escalator that was going up to the nose bleed seats and decided to just peel off into the crowd thinking we’d come across the stairwell to the Club level soon enough.
    So we’re still walking, talking, slinging back beers and pretty soon we’re just kinda wandering around, finally ending up at that little mini ballpark for kids in the LF bleachers. I’m now lost and can’t figure out how to get one level above where my head was looking up. I bought a sheeeboyggginnn, and we start walking again and San Dawg is stopping and starting on cue with my starting and stopping gait. All of a sudden he says really loudly, “But you’re Big Flavor, how could this be happening?” And I’m cracking up going “I don’t know, just promise me you won’t tell anyone….” And I can hear him mumbling to himself right behind me, “but you’re big flavor, you’re big flavor, how could we get lost going to the Club Level…”
    Anyway, thought some of you would get a kick out of that one…..

15. dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 26, 2014 at 8:31 pm

I got home last night and realized how little of the game I watched. Great time nonetheless.

16. zumiee said, on April 26, 2014 at 10:37 pm

I watched just about the whole game. When I travel about 180 miles round-trip; I gotta see me some ballgame! :)

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 501 other followers