What, SF vs. the Buckhead Braves?

Posted in Uncategorized by snarkk on May 2, 2014

Can Timmy throw a decent one tonight in the strangely cool night air of Hotlanta?  Will WilcoJoe bring good vibes for the Gyros and then hit Buckhead hard?  Is Bochy F ing up Belt’s mind again?  Is it too early for a little Makers pick me up, or should I go on Buckhead time for that?  Questions, Questions.

Last time I was in Gen. Sherman’s playground it was July and that town about fried my brains it was so dad-gummed hot and humid.  I was in town for a consult with a jaw specialist to confirm whether I needed major jaw surgery (yep, damn).  For consolation, I spent one evening at Emeril’s eponymous old restaurant in Buckhead (upscale northern ‘burb) sitting at the bar bench right on top of the kitchen (the chefs said Emeril blew in once a year for a few days to re-tool the menu, and was a prick — the food was good, though), and another evening at some other Buckhead  restaurant and a few bars that were pretty good — they had arctic-strength air conditioning and beer.   Ahhhhhhhhh, just what the doctor ordered.

Play Ball!…

About these ads

1. blade3colorado said, on May 2, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Minor is back from the DL, so this could either be a tough evening for the Gmen or they’re able to catch him on one of his few weak outings. I posted this a few days ago about his last rehab start . . .

“Mike Minor (shoulder) gave up five runs and 10 hits — including four homers — over seven innings in his final rehab start with Double-A Mississippi Friday. Minor said that three of the four longballs were wind-aided, referring to them as “pop-ups.” The good news is that the left-hander said he “felt better than probably all the other (rehab starts).”

Hopefully, we get some of those types of “popups” tonight. :-)

2. Macdog said, on May 2, 2014 at 4:40 pm

PA-GONE!

• snarkk said, on May 2, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Nice! But, is this one going to be a homerfest? Before the game, Kruk said he thought so…

3. blade3colorado said, on May 2, 2014 at 4:43 pm

No shit. What a difference having him back makes from last season.

4. snarkk said, on May 2, 2014 at 4:53 pm

I get a little nervous with a guy on third and Timmy pitching dirtballs to Hector…

5. blade3colorado said, on May 2, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Well, I’m heading out to dinner. Hopefully, it wont be a complete fiasco when I get back. Enjoy!

6. zumiee said, on May 2, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Interesting discussion on the last thread about the situation with the Braves’ ballpark. It reminded me of an article I read a few months ago about some Olympic facilities around the world that have fallen into disfavor and disuse. Sometimes tragically in ruins, like when Sarajevo became a war-zone.

7. Flavor said, on May 2, 2014 at 5:33 pm

thanks for putting up a thread, Snarkk….
    We’re at a Cinco de Mayo celebration and I’d rather be anywhere else. Trying to follow game on phone. Maybe Posey hits a bomb for his parents since they’re at the game.

• snarkk said, on May 2, 2014 at 10:51 pm

No sweat…

8. zumiee said, on May 2, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Music careers have twists and turns, too. I just got the May calendar mailer from the Freight and Salvage in Berkeley. Johnny Clegg is playing the Freight. I saw him at the Warfield in the ’80s. The Freight’s much smaller than the Warfield. Oh well, in music, you just keep on giggin’! :)

• snarkk said, on May 2, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Never heard of the guy — looked him up. From S. Africa. IMO, bears a certain resemblance to a cross of Dubya Bush and John C. Reilly. Appears to play guitar better than both…

• zumiee said, on May 2, 2014 at 5:54 pm

He was always a terrific musician, but his career took off in the U.S. during the ’80s when Paul Simon released his “Graceland” album, and Americans took an interest in South African music. After apartheid officially ended, that seemed to take some of the intensity out of American interest in South Africa. Americans moved on to other political causes, and the interest in South African music seemed to wane.
        I’m sure he still puts on a great show. I see that the Freight show is sold out.

9. snarkk said, on May 2, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Giants need to get runs in, stop playing around with runners on, before the Braves pen gets involved. Those guys are nails…

10. snarkk said, on May 2, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Timmy with 59 pitches through 4, just below 15 per inning. Not bad (as I knock on wood)…

11. Flavor said, on May 2, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Just seeing the box score but Timmy looks good, yes?

• snarkk said, on May 2, 2014 at 5:53 pm

He got in a little trouble in the first, got out of it. Since then, fairly smooth…

12. zumiee said, on May 2, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Speaking of South Africa, “Invictus” is a great movie, and a great sports movie, even though the sport, rugby, is pretty much still a mystery to me, even after watching the movie. :)

13. zumiee said, on May 2, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Let’s all start knocking on wood…..

14. zumiee said, on May 2, 2014 at 6:05 pm

At the beginning of the season, I predicted Freeman as NL MVP, and I’m sticking with it.

15. zumiee said, on May 2, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Woo doggies, as Andy Griffith would say. That inning could have been worse.

• zumiee said, on May 2, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Or maybe it was Jed Clampett.

16. Macdog said, on May 2, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Morse dong!

17. zumiee said, on May 2, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Wow, a little different than AT&T Park, Morse would say.

18. DJLoo said, on May 2, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Exhale…

19. sammy said, on May 2, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Froze his sorry ass. Hahaha

20. Macdog said, on May 2, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Tremendous start to the road trip.

21. zumiee said, on May 2, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Froze him with the Miggy-Cabrera-final-out-of-the-World-Series inside fastball.
    Incredibly intense inning.

22. zumiee said, on May 2, 2014 at 8:05 pm

The Giants’ D was brilliant tonight. And Timmy was good, the bullpen was stellar, and just enough O.
    Giants baseball in the Braves’ yard.

23. Flavor said, on May 2, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Didn’t see the game but I never expect to win in Atlanta. And to win 2-1 is just the perfect way to start this road trip.

• zumiee said, on May 2, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Crawford made a couple of Play-of-the-day type of plays, and Sandoval blocked a rocketing grounder with his body and made the play.

24. zumiee said, on May 2, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Ryu on the DL now, and that double-header yesterday threw the Dodger bullpen into momentary disarray. The reliever they brought up from AAA today got hammered in tonight’s game.

25. sportdude said, on May 2, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Great win!!! Fun fact since we are winning… I have Panda in my fantasy league. Zimmerman too and he is hurt. I moved Rendon to 3b and picked up Hicks for middle. It’s a head to head points league. How much would I have lost in a bet that in May I’d have more production in 3 weeks with Hicks than Sandoval’s entire year so far???

26. snarkk said, on May 2, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Answering my thread questions:
    1. Yes, Timmy can throw a decent one.
    2. WilcoJoe obviously brought good vibes, but I don’t know if he’s cutting a Sherman-like swath through Buckhead in celebration.
    3. Still unclear whether Bochy is F ing up Belt, but throwing a guy in to PH against Kimbrell usually doesn’t goose the batter’s confidence.
    4. Nah, wasn’t too early for a Makers…

• WilcoJoe said, on May 3, 2014 at 6:51 am

You’re right! I brought the good vibes but never made it to Buckhead. Played it safe and cabed it back to my downtown hotel where I hit the bar instead for a couple Makers (may change my handle to Snarkk Jr) and a nice fried green tomato Napoleon…Great game, a ton of Giant fans, and fortunately the Braves fans had little incentive to do that stupid chop chant. Switched from Goose Island to Yuengling around the third inning. Got hit on by a hot brunette in the ninth inning as she and her friends decided to move down closer to me…I mean the field…All in all a pretty great night in the ATL.

27. salty said, on May 2, 2014 at 10:59 pm

Arguably most encouraging win of the year. Top opponent, tough pitcher, on the road, Lincecum in good form…

28. willedav said, on May 3, 2014 at 7:18 am

Even K and K felt bad for Belt, who got 2 killer sliders and a high 90s fastball from Kimbrel.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 501 other followers