Joannie Loves Machi (Scene 2)

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 12, 2014

Jean Machi, now bored with hording mere wins, is now taking aim at the team saves record (Robb Nen: 206).  I’m thinking he passes Randy Moffitt (83) some time just after the all star break. He gazes at his 4 holds with disdain…..

I can’t think of a single thing to complain about. Pablo’s jacked his batting average all the way up to .189. Romo is 2-0. We have the best record in baseball.

Pass it on.

Tonight’s LU:

LU

____________________-

and now for a fun picture that I stole from Dirt’s facebook page:

losers

About these ads

1. willedav said, on May 12, 2014 at 7:21 am

Nice, Dirt. LA is now 13-18 vs. everyone not named Dbax, and Giants have a lot to do with that.

Marlins are sure a lot more interesting than predicted. They swept the Braves before SF did, are killing teams at home and getting their asses kicked on the road. Pads just whacked them, they go to LA before SF this weekend. They have good young SPs and Stanton is a guy I’d pay to watch hit, even just in batting practice.

Much maligned as the LU was, it was good enough to beat Kershaw. Lurie said on pregame there weren’t any days off for another whole week as a rationale. Whether Bochy is just lucky or not, Giants are playing very inspired ball.

If Billy Martin were still around, Adrianza might have got the Shooty Babbitt treatment.

2. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 12, 2014 at 7:53 am

Finally caught the wrap from yesterday’s game. What a win. I really liked Hudon’s quote about Sandoval and the game at the MLB level being between the ears more than anything. I’m a big believer in that. All these dudes are at the top of their profession for a reason. The cream that rises to the top might have 2-3% more ability but it’s really their mental approach. In other words. Pull your head out of your arse Sandoval!

3. Chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 8:49 am

Okay, I am going to cut Pablo some slack given his 3 hit game yesterday. Saturday I was at my local brewery/watering hole, and watched with disdain as Pablo left the bases loaded. With that, I coined a new name for the Panda…

Pablo Strandemall.

So, I will shelve the new name and hope that he makes me eat those words for the remainder of the season.

Kick ass road trip. Many here were saying they would be happy with .500 for this roadie, but 7-4 and taking three of four from the Bums was sweet. Great way to end the road trip yesterday with another extra inning V (I think our boys are now 6-1 in extra frames).

It was cool to hear the story about Morse over the weekend (Bochy touching bases with the Nat’s managment team about Morse’s ability to play first sack). Looking forward to seeing the Beast over there…Ishi can just stay in Fresno as far as I am concerned while we see what Colvin can do.

The Fish have been floundering on the road…let’s keep that trend going!

The Giant Express just keeps on rolling along…Choo Choo MFers!

• snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 8:59 am

7-3 roadie, Chi. Even better…

• Chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:39 am

Oops…fat fingers! Yep..7-3.

• Chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 10:31 am

Getting ahead of myself…Braves in town before the Fish show…doesn’t change anything…just do the beatdown on one and all…

4. stickman said, on May 12, 2014 at 8:49 am

Durrrty Grafix Dude. Imagine the havoc a hundred Bay Area teens could cause in greater LaLaLand if each was armed with a hundred 2″x4″ stickers of that message and let loose for an evening’s entertainment down where the stars hang out.

5. Chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 8:49 am

Dirt – love the graphic.

6. Chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 8:51 am

Flavor – resent the pictures (full size) from the Flapalooza. Glad you had an awesome day with your mom, yesterday.

• Flavor said, on May 12, 2014 at 10:16 am

awesome, thanks. I’ll try to dump ‘em in the bucket later today.

7. snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:04 am

Very cool LA logo, Dirt.
    Genius Bochy lineup yesterday?
    Arias, Adrianza and Perez went a collective 0-9. The regulars, including finally Panda, did the damage…

8. snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:11 am

Gotta give Romo a little slack on the blown save. Ramirez owns him getting near Lincecum/Goldschmidt territory. If he only blows one save every 13 tries, I’m down with that in a heartbeat. Perez is now at .050 — approaching batting average infinity in the wrong direction. Can you take a first derivative in batting average?…

9. Chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:45 am

I know we have kicked-around Adrianza a number of times, and many have said…why the fuck does he remain up. And as I have said before, obviously Giant’s management thinks they have something there, otherwise, his ass would have been riding the waiver wire on a number of occasions. It really is frustrating as hell. He made another bone-headed play yesterday when not covering the bag taking the cut-off at 2nd base. I mean come on…this is the type of shit you work on with little leaguers. Dude is becoming more and more a liability on the 25 all the time. On the flip-side, I remember Crawford had some rough spells when he first came up. Maybe Ehire turns into a nice little major leaguer at some point, but for now, the dude is killing me.

And I changed my mind. I am going to bag on Pablo, referring to him as “Strandsemall” until he proves me wrong.

• Flavor said, on May 12, 2014 at 10:36 am

I’m thinking Standsemall gets his name back after tonight. Floyd sucks.

• Chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 11:01 am

Hope you are right. I really don’t want to keep using that name. I much prefer the Kung Fu Panda. Karate Chop to Stop the Chop!

• snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 11:00 am

Love the “Strandsemall” moniker… :)

• snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 11:03 am

I’m not seeing the Adrianza love. If he’s waived and gets claimed, is that a huge loss? Where does this guy project to be in the future with SF? The 25th guy, at best. He’d be down weeks ago if he had options. Seems to me the only reason to keep him is D insurance for Craw, and based on performance so far, I’m not convinced that’s a well placed confidence. Says something for how weak the SF position cupboard is in the minors…

• Irish Kevin said, on May 12, 2014 at 12:16 pm

I brought this up a couple of threads ago, who replaces Panda if he gets hurt? And now that Belt is out the situation looks even worst. Pray to the health gods that no more infielders get hurt. Cause the giants have NO ONE in Fresno.

• Chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Kev – Arias can play third if something happens to Pablo. Bochy has said that Morse will get most of the starts at 1B while Belt is out. I was not aware that Morse had played 1st for the Nats, but he has. 130 games, 100 starts. Supposedly the Nat’s manager said that of the positions he played for them, 1st was his best spot.

• snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 11:05 am

Maybe Panda got fed yesterday, and was a Happy Panda going into the game…

10. unca_chuck said, on May 12, 2014 at 11:09 am

Or maybe Nicole is renting out her services . . .

• snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 11:10 am

Enchiladas ala Nicole?…

11. snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 11:09 am

Great start the first 6 weeks. But, I’m taking this one game at a time until mid June. They got out of the blocks hot last year, then cratered after Pagan got hurt. I think this team’s mind set is way different than last year’s, and Morse adds some new offensive backbone. How they do with Belt out goes a long way to show where this team is headed. Hopefully no other position starter goes down for any length of time, given the bench weakness. I’m gaining some confidence…

12. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 12, 2014 at 11:49 am

I hear ya on Adrianza, snarkk. What are they really hoping for here? Crawford is pretty much locking down Adrianza”s best position and Panik get his reps at 2b these days. I assume the club wants Panik to eventually take over 2b and he’s picked up the hitting down on the farm. I don’t think Adrianza projects as a better hitter. Total waste of spot. Abreu can boot balls around the infield just fine and at least he can hit a bit.

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Thanks.
      Lots of cool things to quote in that article; here’s one:
      “Jansen has now allowed runs in three of his last four appearances against the Giants, and his teammates are equally flummoxed by their NL West rivals. The Dodgers are 3-7 against the Giants this season, and they’ve dropped eight of their last 10 to them at Dodger Stadium.”

• Chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Good read…thanks for sharing WS…

13. Irish Kevin said, on May 12, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Hey Chi, who plays left? Blanco?

• unca_chuck said, on May 12, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Tyler Colvin . . .They just brought him up from Fresville.

• Chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Colvin, Blanco, Perez…pick your 5th OFer..

14. unca_chuck said, on May 12, 2014 at 1:23 pm

And Flav, I stole that from here and posted it on my FB . . . the gift that keeps on giving

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Yeah, I had to put that on my FB page. Giant fan…how the hell can ya not (rhetorical question)!

15. Irish Kevin said, on May 12, 2014 at 2:36 pm

I sent that pic to my Dodger friends.

16. Flavor said, on May 12, 2014 at 2:51 pm

I posted tonight’s LU in the main thread.

17. Chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Assuming Morse is at 1B. Posey with the night off.

18. stickman said, on May 12, 2014 at 4:15 pm

No let up. This would be a horrendous time for the Giants to relax and loll on their laurels. Maybe it does not need be constant pedal to the metal, but steady pressure should do the trick, especially at home. Team is already in the Bravos heads after the sweep in Tomahawk Chopville. Timmy especially needs to keep that ball down, realizing he has a kick-ass defense behind him. Wonder if he noted how many groundouts Hudson induced yesterday in LaLaLand. Hoping yesterday’s breakout woke up Panda’s bat for a nice long spell so he can provide the suspenders while the team lacks its Belt. As for Pagan and Crawford, Giants keep it up and they will be hard to keep off the All-Star roster.

19. blade3colorado said, on May 12, 2014 at 4:31 pm

I’m all in with Tiny Tim this evening . . . I picked him up on waivers to stream in one of my Pro fantasy leagues and he is my starter in a Fanduel tournament tonight. SHOW ME THE MONEY TIM!

20. blade3colorado said, on May 12, 2014 at 4:36 pm

By the by, that photo is going viral . . . On my FB page with proper accreditation to Flavor and Dirt . . . TY!

• Flavor said, on May 12, 2014 at 4:42 pm

It might have to find a spot on the right side of the blog, permanently.

• blade3colorado said, on May 12, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Most definitely. :-)

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Oh hell yes.

21. zumiee said, on May 12, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Baggs says the Giants want Colvin to compete for playing time with Blanco. If Colvin can’t win that competition, then I’ll just face-palm and shake my head.

• snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Good Luck, blade…

• blade3colorado said, on May 12, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Colvin is very, very streaky. He would be all world in SherpaLand for a few weeks, then disappear for literally months. Same deal when he was in Chicago. I hope we get one of his streaks, but frankly, the likelihood is we receive one of his disappearing acts. His swing just has too many holes in it.

Thanks snarkk. I am hoping he “recaptures” the magic from his road start last week against Atlanta. Just my opinion, but Tim is a “match-up” pitcher now, i.e., great against weaker hitting teams (or teams that are slumping), but gets lit up by teams that can hit.

• snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 6:20 pm

I thought I replied to your 4:31, blade, but misplaced it. Oh well, you got the drift…

22. snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Temps projected in the mid to high 60s and mild winds at ATT tonight. With these two hurlers going, sounds like dinger conditions…

• Nipper said, on May 12, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Dinger!

• snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Temps to rise more later this week to record conditions, sundresses may abound at ATT.
      Banger conditions…

• DJLoo said, on May 12, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Hopefully they’ll be worn by women…

23. snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Marlin’s ace Fernandez out for the year. https://twitter.com/JCRMarlinsbeat
    Looks like TJ surgery. WTF is going on with all these elbow problems?

24. snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 7:03 pm

SF now carrying 13 arms with Perez down, Huff back up. Real reason? Our bench hits so badly, might as well get better bang for the body with a pitcher to hold down the scoring…

25. snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 7:06 pm

I would bat Hicks (8 hole tonite) no worse than 7th, with his pop. Colvin has a bit of pop, but he’s not been up here…

26. James said, on May 12, 2014 at 7:25 pm

Most remarkable moment at Dodger Stadium on Friday night: the barely noticeable murmur of boos for Bumgarner when he batted right after confronting Puig.

27. James said, on May 12, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Catching sight of this was the single most repugnant moment:

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 7:31 pm

I wouldn’t feed that shit to my animals or even my worst enemy.

28. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 7:30 pm

It was only natural for Timmy to walk the first damned hitter. Keep your eyes open along the 3rd base line. My daughter and her fiance are in the first row, Section 125 (first section to the right of the Giant’s dugout). Time to stop the chop!

29. James said, on May 12, 2014 at 7:34 pm

I missed this about the Dodger cable deal, but per our friends who joined us at the game, there are still huge numbers of LA fans who’ve been fucked over by it:

• blade3colorado said, on May 12, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Thanks for sharing . . . Love this line, “Stan Kasten, the Dodgers president and chief executive, said the team wanted its own outlet because “it best serves our fans” and promised that it will be “a Cadillac of regional sports networks.”

Umm, I guess the last few days the “Cadillac” was in the shop and they rolled out the Edsel. :-)

30. Bozo said, on May 12, 2014 at 7:42 pm

He fucking splashed it. WTG.

• Flavor said, on May 12, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Colvin has always been a guy I’ve been high on. He’s certainly got more street cred right now than Blanco or the recently departed Perez. He could fill a void while Belt’s gone and Morse is at first base

• Bozo said, on May 12, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Most Left handed hitters are wowed by that wall and he just splashed it for his first hit. Fuck yeah, I’m on board.

31. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Fuck, the way Perez and even Blanco have played (or not), you really can’t go wrong with Colvin Especially with a big splash like that. Nice poke!

32. DJLoo said, on May 12, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Amy G just hit rock bottom.
    Or maybe I did since I’m watching it…

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 8:10 pm

But you know you would rock that bottom…just stick cookie monster in her mouth and it is all good…

• Macdog said, on May 12, 2014 at 8:24 pm

I texted a Mets fan, I’ll bet Kevin Burkhardt never had to do that.

33. DJLoo said, on May 12, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Nothing he could’ve done with it? How about charging it for openers?

34. zumiee said, on May 12, 2014 at 8:39 pm

J. Upton helped the Giants out there by trying to get a bunt hit and getting strike 2. That didn’t make any sense.

35. zumiee said, on May 12, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Timmy battled and gave the Giants a very good start….but I’d have the bullpen ready to go for next inning.

36. Macdog said, on May 12, 2014 at 8:44 pm

Quite a different Timmy from Pittsburgh. Time to tee off on Mr. Floyd.

37. zumiee said, on May 12, 2014 at 8:52 pm

That’s the downside of Pence in the two-hole. Not a good guy for advancing Pagan from second to third by hitting to the right side.

38. zumiee said, on May 12, 2014 at 8:57 pm

I say short leash for Timmy in the 7th, but I don’t think Bochy will play it that way.

39. zumiee said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:03 pm

I think B.J’s out, but it’s not THAT clear on the video.

40. Macdog said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:03 pm

Out!

41. unca_chuck said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:04 pm

I think he missed the tag.

42. unca_chuck said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Or he tagged him with hie forearm.

43. zumiee said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Well, Timmy gets out of it. Never in doubt. :)

44. unca_chuck said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Oout!

45. wswins said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Dunston rarely misses the call these days….

46. snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:10 pm

This replay review stuff by end of the year I predict will show that the umps are wrong about half the time on close calls, even worse than expected…

• Bozo said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Having a nice night. WTG, Colvin.

• Bozo said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:28 pm

Oops, That was supposed to be posted elsewhere, but since I’m here, I disagree. The umps are calling 50+ plays per game with a possible four replay request, I have to wonder where you are getting your data to make such a prediction that more than half of the close plays are wrong.

47. unca_chuck said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Nice job for Tim Tim. Get him a run run.

48. zumiee said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:12 pm

Bunt? Small ball?

49. snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Can we get a bunt down now? I know Hicks Ks a lot, but get men on 2nd and 3rd…

• snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Wow, there goes my bunt theory down the toidy. Happily! I think Colvin just got more action at the plate in this game than Perez and Arias in the past two weeks…

50. unca_chuck said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Zoinks

51. zumiee said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Get small ball outta here!! :) :)

52. unca_chuck said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Colvin with a chance to do more damage.

53. wswins said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:15 pm

welcome to the ball club Tyler

54. snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Colvin better have cemented a LF job for the next week…

55. Macdog said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Welcome to the Giants!

56. unca_chuck said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Shit. I’m behind here . .

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Ha…like me the other night…welcome to the club, Charlie…

57. snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:16 pm

And, Hicks gets going in the party. Nice…

58. unca_chuck said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Yeah, baby . . . 2 0-2 hits . . . .

59. unca_chuck said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Lost the pitch count. Where’s Timmy at?

• Macdog said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:21 pm

99.

60. snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Now, THAT I don’t get. Lincecum should have bunted from the get go, Bochy gettin’ greedy with that butcher boy AB, and it blew up on him…

61. blade3colorado said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:20 pm

He’s at around 100 pitches. No idea why he is coming out for the next inning. Agree with Zum, get the bullpen in there.

62. Macdog said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:36 pm

That’s awesome hearing that roar for Timmy.

63. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Yeah, no way in hell I would have brought Tim back out…they have at least three guys who did not pitch yesterday at the latrine…

64. Macdog said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:40 pm

I half-expected to see Blanco at first instead in Morse.

65. snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Fine job by Timmy, probably best of the year, right? He didn’t have much of a fastball per radio guys, relied on the crooked stuff and guile. Maybe Bochy brought him back out so he could pull him to some applause? It worked out. If we could get similar starts like this from Timmy regularly, it’s playoffs time. But, Atlanta is a real strike out team, so this is probably not a real predictive game for future Tim starts. But still, nice to see…

66. snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Hector with two hits tonight. Tell you what, I’d like to see Hector play a lot while Belt is out. Play this dosey doe semi-platoon process among Hector, Morse, Posey and Colvin and the LF, 1B and catcher positions. Keep everybody fresh and with good swings going. I could dig some production out of that…

67. brun said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Sanchez keeps improving his possible trade value for next year.

• snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Trade him for what?…

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:57 pm

If he was tearing it up and the Giants could get a decent OFer for him, and Susac was ready, I would pull that trigger…

• snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 10:04 pm

I’d keep his powder dry if he turns into a hitter and improves his D by the end of this season. If Panda continues to circle the toidy, adios to him. Posey to 3rd for the rest of his career, Hector and Susac battle it out for #1 and #2 catcher…

68. SanDawg said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Not good when a lefty splashes one off your lefty specialist.

• snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Maybe Lopez needs more work than just once every 12 days. Or, he’s been hurt and they’ve kept that on the down low…

• SanDawg said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:58 pm

I agree and I’m not bashing him. He’s been nails for the Giants and he’s rusty right now. Impressive AB by Freddie.

69. Bozo said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:54 pm

An Atlanta fan on helium? Man that lady is loud.

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:58 pm

We were just talking about that, John. Shut the fuck up, lady.

70. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:59 pm

Ballgame!

71. Macdog said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:59 pm

Ballgame! That oughta shut up that annoying broad.

72. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2014 at 9:59 pm

Nice win…welcome to the club Tyler Colvin! Timmy with a great outing…fuck yeah!

73. Bozo said, on May 12, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Good game. Nite all.

74. snarkk said, on May 12, 2014 at 10:07 pm

Timmy line:
    7 2/3, 2 hits allowed, 11Ks, 4 walks, 1 earnie, 113 pitches, 70 S / 43 B. I’ll take that every friggin time…

• blade3colorado said, on May 12, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Yeah, but I think you had it pegged before (as I indicated as well) insofar as this match-up played right into Timmy’s hands. Atlanta is an aggressive hitting team and prone to the strikeout. His next start is against the Marlins on their home turf, where they have been very, very hard to beat. I will withhold judgement until he does this consistently against other teams not named Atlanta.

• unca_chuck said, on May 12, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Well, the bane of his bad games is leaving shit up. He didn’t leave too much up tonight. Krukow said he shortened his delivery, whatever that means, but I haven’t seen him snap off that curveball that well in a couple years.

75. zumiee said, on May 12, 2014 at 10:10 pm

What a debut start for Colvin. And Timmy looking good tonight. Different heroes every game; winning baseball. Good stuff.

76. zumiee said, on May 12, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Replay giveth and it taketh away. Tonight, it gaveth.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 499 other followers