Punched in the Face. Again.

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 15, 2014

Everyone needs to continue to not freak out. Look at the FACTS. Romo hadn’t blown a home save in….18 hours.

Pagan is patrolling center field the way a homeless, schizophrenic man from the pier might do so….

Last night, I wondered if there was something in his personal life going on that might be contributing to his recent stretch of bad play. I watched the interview he did with the softball tossing scribes and he couldn’t have seemed more at ease with everything. Maybe that’s the right way to publicly approach it, I don’t know.

Pagan said the ball spun strangely and I’ll take his word for it. But it sure didn’t seem to be hit hard enough, even spinning unpredictably, to get by him. Like so many of his recent routes lately, I think he just took the wrong angle from the start.

He had the chance to redeem himself in the bottom of the 9th, he scorched a ball that unfortunately was hit right to Rutledge. And I don’t care what the mysterious man in New York said, he was safe. Tie goes to the runner.

But hey, that’s baseball, right?

About these ads

1. willedav said, on June 15, 2014 at 7:12 am

Most of the 5 L’s this week all at ATT revolve around pitching/defense. Vogs and Cain put team in early deficits, bum lost torture game when Sf got 10 hits/1 run, Hudson shut Nats down, twice SPs and pen hold fort vs. Rox til the 9th.

Kruk’s take on post game wrap, and he was pretty vehement about it, was Rox are diving out to hit the slider from Romo. And as noted they aren’t hitting stuff hard, but Kruk said he has to come inside with the fastball.
    Sounds like pitching 101–establish hard inside (off the plate) to set up soft away. I doubt the *committee* returns, but maybe Romo isn’t used quite as often and gets more recovery time btw. outings.

Pagan (like most OFs) occasionally makes a bad decision, and was prone to these when he first got to ATT. So many things have to be factored in so quickly on ball in the gap, and one wrong step can cost you.

2. Nipper said, on June 15, 2014 at 7:42 am

Today would be a nice day to win a game. Try it you’ll like it.

3. paulinasia said, on June 15, 2014 at 8:14 am

Well, if the Rockies have figured out how to hit Romo’s frisbee, then that’s not a good sign of things to come for him. He’s actually got a good *what used to be called screwball*, he should use it more. What Romo has done the past few years is great, but I do believe he will not be the G’s closer come the playoffs. Anyway, I usually don’t like to re-post posts from previous strings, but ya’ll were sleeping while I was wide awake in the Eastern Hemisphere and wrote this shit so I’m posting it again. So there.

I realize that I’m writing into the Bay Area ether in the middle of the night there, but something is bothering me. Last year, the wheels came off the Giants Express right after Pagan’s ITPHR (he was gone for months as you remember, and the team pretty much tanked for a couple of months after that, coincidence or not). I (and others) have previously said here that it’s very cool watching Crazy Horse round 3rd and sprint home. But the last time he did that was… the last time he did that. He bruised his kneecap, apparently no big thing. But he has definitely not been performing well since then, and many here have said “as Pagan goes, so the team goes”, and we’re witnessing 5 losses out of the last 6 games. If Angel needs to rest for a bit (physically or mentally), he should. They need him for the long haul.

Come the end of September, if none of us even remembers these last 2 games, that will be a good thing, because it will mean they didn’t matter and the G’s made the playoffs. If they finish a game or two out of it and don’t make it, obviously you could point to any of their losses during the long season, but we will likely remember these 2. I’m thinking these 2 games were just fuck-ups and the team will right itself just fine. I’m just not lovin’ those Crazy Horse dashes home as much as I used to…..

Oh, and, happy 25th anniversary to “Field of Dreams”. Oddly enough, on a whim, I watched it again just last week, streaming on a Chinese website. I remember exactly which cinema and which girlfriend I saw that with lo all those years ago. It was a trade-off: she said she’d come with me to see it if I went with her to watch “Dirty Dancing”. Um… yeah, it was a trade-off.

• DJLoo said, on June 15, 2014 at 9:02 am

Dirty Dancing was better.

• willedav said, on June 15, 2014 at 9:19 am

I’d disagree on Pagan. Speed is a big part of his game, and he’s gotta feel confident about going all out to use it. It’s unsettling to opposing pitchers/fielders and important weapon for Giants offense and defense.
      As far as injuries, Giants guys gotten hurt in food prep—doesn’t mean they shouldn’t make their own lunch.

4. DJLoo said, on June 15, 2014 at 9:07 am

The “Homeless Schizophrenic Man from the Pier” is a much better nickname than “Crazy Horse”.
    I hope it catches on…

5. paulinasia said, on June 15, 2014 at 9:16 am

Loo, funny thing is, there were times during Field of Dreams when my gf said “Oh, puleeze…” and even more times during Dirty Dancing when I said “Oh, puleeze…”.. Pick your poison. Dirty Dancing was schmaltze. Field of Dreams was schmaltze. But Field of Dreams was about baseball and Dads and Sons playing catch. Dirty Dancing was about growing up in uptight New York society and breaking free of … what?… Sorry, no contest.

• DJLoo said, on June 15, 2014 at 9:23 am

You didn’t want to strangle Costner’s wife?

• paulinasia said, on June 15, 2014 at 9:35 am

No, didn’t want to strangle her, but also definitely would never have married her… :-)

6. paulinasia said, on June 15, 2014 at 9:45 am

“Giants guys gotten hurt in food prep—doesn’t mean they shouldn’t make their own lunch.” Willie, I’m not sure I understand what that means, although it sounds like a great lyric for a blues tune… :-) I agree about Pagan and speed as his weapon, and I love it when he’s wielding it. I’m fully in the camp of “As Pagan goes, so the Giants go” and truly believe him to be THE key player on the team. I was just sayin’ he might be hurt because of it and now he’s not performing as the team needs him to perform and maybe he needs to get right. I would love nothing more than to see more Angel salutes on the bases and sliding catches, but it seems something is not right and it needs to get right.

• blade3colorado said, on June 15, 2014 at 10:24 am

Agree with both you and Willie . . . If Pagan is exhausted or hurt, give him a day or two off. When he is in the lineup, he has to play his game – speed, speed, speed.

• snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:03 pm

He just got through having a coupla days off. If he’s hurt with a knee or a back or a shin, whatever, put him on the DL and get it right…

7. stickman said, on June 15, 2014 at 10:49 am

Giants need to come into today’s game angry AND focussed. With Bumgarner on the mound and a fast offensive takeoff the team should be psychologically ready for the trip to Chi-town. Team spirit and morale is everything in this game. If it can be said that if June has a must win occasion today is it. Go get em. Crush the Rox. Can’t hurt to give El Tiburon Blanco a day leading off in CF.

8. snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Adrianza is in at 2nd again in today’s LU. Something’s up. Regardless that Bochy says he’s behind Hicks, obviously he’s not THAT behind him with a 38% K rate. So, Adrianza’s got his moment, he’s getting a tryout to see if they can live with or without him. Fish or cut bait. If this doesn’t work the next few games, they’re going to make a move at 2nd. They probably will anyway. Has to happen, IMO. What is it with 2nd base? They haven’t had that position settled since Stone Hands left…

9. Flavor said, on June 15, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Pagan’s fabulous weekend continues: scratched with lower back tightness

10. eddacker said, on June 15, 2014 at 12:07 pm

3 days off in the next fortnight and nary a 500 ball club to be seen. If we can win more than we lose and get some rest it will be july.
    Go Gigantes!

• Flavor said, on June 15, 2014 at 12:15 pm

“Fortnight”.. Lol. Edd how ya been?

11. blade3colorado said, on June 15, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Plug in my English translation software program . . . Fortnight = 2 weeks. Hiya Ed! :-)

• eddacker said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Yo, dudes, I have been enjoying the season, getting up in the mornings and reading the news of the game, watching the video highlights and then reading the flap accounts/convos. But it wasn’t enough so I paid for mlb.com and watch the game live over the www with a little lag.
      things are good with the family and here with me so it is all gravy.
      I used to think a fortnight was a 3 day weekend. Now I know.
      PLAY BALL

12. Alleykat said, on June 15, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Going to the game today, my daughter hooked it up for a surprise Fathers Day!
    Having bottomless mimosas/ lunch at a place called Nova’s Bar & Grill off of South Park and Brannan, cool pub!!
    Scored some killer seats club level and spending the day with my daughter, her best friend and her dad. Happy Father’s Day to all you flapper dads!!!

• blade3colorado said, on June 15, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Bring us a win home Kat.

• snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Sounds like a cool Father’s Day, Kat. I’ve eaten with my Snarkkettes pre-game across the street from you at the Grilled Cheese Kitchen, a pretty cool place. All kinds of grilled cheese and Mac & Cheese — considered a food group by the Snarkkettes…

13. sportdude said, on June 15, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Happy Dad’s day Flappers!!!

14. sportdude said, on June 15, 2014 at 12:57 pm

I play fantasy with cbs sports. They posted yesterday Giants showing “strong interest” in schmardza
    (spelling ?). Really? Why not a “strong interest” in a 2b??
    Anyone heard about that?

• snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Everybody but the Cubs has an interest in Samardzija…

15. snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:04 pm

I wasn’t real thrilled with Pagan’s responses to questions about that 9th inning misplay. Kind of like “well, S happens in baseball”…

• eddacker said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:10 pm

agreed, seemed a bit dis-honest to me.

16. eddacker said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Was that Romo/Pagan inside the park home run every flappers nightmare? Hope colvin comes alive today.

17. snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Casey Kasem, radio icon of the rock and roll Countdown, dead at 82. RIP.
    Loved his sentimental song dedications on those Sunday morning shows.
    Here’s a classic we never got to hear…

18. UncaChucks NinerPage said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Sancho Casilla?

19. UncaChucks NinerPage said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Casilla may get a taste at closer soon.

20. UncaChucks NinerPage said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Jeez

21. unca_chuck said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:33 pm

WTF?

22. willedav said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Flav’s right, it is baseball. Nats had a great trip to SD and SF, and now are looking at getting swept by Cards, which would be 4th L in a row after Hudson gem. Until W last night A’s offense scored 1 run 3 times and were also shut out Friday by Phelps in their last 8 games.

Good to see Posey use RF for a base hit first time up after a great day yesterday. His home numbers aren’t good but his road ones definitely are (.875 OPS) and he’ll have a rest day Monday and another Thursday after 2 games vs. ChiSox ahead of 3 next weekend in AZ. Hopefully some *pool play* happens.

23. unca_chuck said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Hey! Ehire xomes thru

24. snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Well well, Adrianza showing he wants to stay up with an RBI. Let’s see more of it…

25. zumiee said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:48 pm

The most mindblowing thing to me about Casey Kasem is that he was the voice of Shaggy, in the Scooby Doo cartoons. Awful cartoon, by the way.

Back in the day, the Top 40 was pretty good. Now, it’s horrible, the worst ever. The Top 40 now is all techno dance and rap. Tuneless, forgettable crap, that is totally forgotten pretty quickly.

Nice action by the bottom of the batting order!

26. snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:49 pm

The bunt — makes the defense make a play, and sometimes they don’t! Yes, bunt for the RBI…

27. Bozo said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Gotta keep piling on.

28. willedav said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Nicasio coming unglued here, Bum was jogging to 1b and he gets a hit.
    Time to pile on this guy.

29. snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:53 pm

I like Blanco feigning bunt, then getting the bunt down, the defense messes up some — and a hit!
    I’m loving me some bunts! Blanco should be doing this stuff ALL the TIME…

30. zumiee said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Ha! The ‘make good’ call.

31. Alleykat said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:54 pm

I’m on top of the action boys!
    Even with 1st base bag club level even I had Blanco safe at 1 st before the challenge!!

32. willedav said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Yeah! that was a good bunt by Blanco, something he should do more of, agreed Snarkk. Time for the big bats to break this open.

33. snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Posey is just not being Posey, he’s got to do better than that with bases loaded. Yesterday, he had his first two extra base hit game in over a year…

34. snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Come on Pablo, put this bad boy out of reach…

35. snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:03 pm

3-4-5 hitters with bases loaded, and pfffft…
    That hurts, big time. We need runs against these Rocks…

36. zumiee said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Shoulda had more there. The 3 big guys didn’t get it done. Morse broke his bat on that swing.

37. Alleykat said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Jesus Panda tore the cover off of the ball!
    Great play by Cublerson at at 3rd Asshole😄

38. stickman said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:08 pm

What was nice to see was El Tiburon Blanco laying down that bunt single. Wanna see more of that. Looks like another one of those games where it’s the little guys getting the job done. Nicasio got out of a huge jam vs the middle of the order but did build up a huuuge pitch count in the 2nd. Giants need to keep up the pressure.

39. willedav said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Bottom of order up, got em right where we want him.
    Can’t believe Weiss left this guy in there to hit for himself and pitch this inning.

40. snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Second inning in a row with bases loaded, no outs and pftttt. WTpftttt?

41. Bozo said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:30 pm

I guess this whole, scoring with bases juiced and no outs, is a wee bit tougher than one would think.

42. WilcoJoe said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Unless this German has an epic meltdown (which he shows no signs of) this is going to be one of the most boring final rounds in Open history…Golf without Tiger and or Phil in contention leaves a lot to be desired.

• snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:48 pm

US Opens frequently generate a vanilla, unexciting winner. That’s what happens when you make the course so tough it punishes all but the plodders, and gives the creative shotmakers out of the rough no chance. Lucas Glover (who?), Geoff Ogilvy (who?), Michael Campbell (last winner of Open at Pinehurst), Lee Janzen (twice), Andy North (twice), Webb Simpson, Steve Jones, Corey Pavin, Scott Simpson, on and on…

• WilcoJoe said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Good point, but some of my favorite US Opens were played in conditions that were just ridiculously tough. An Open at the Olympic Club is the epitome of great TV. Balls landing five feet from the pin and then rolling back to the players feet, I love that shit!

43. Flavor said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:44 pm

that’s fantastic. The wind is blowing out but I didn’t know it was blowing that hard.

44. WilcoJoe said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:45 pm

That was the craziest home run I have ever seen. The left fielder came in on the ball, yet it ends up about eight rows back…Unreal!

45. sammy said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Dinger or nada.

46. Bozo said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Back to back baby.

47. WilcoJoe said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Panda with the frozen rope. Back to back!

48. stickman said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Hector the Resurrector! Panda answers in kind. Viva Venezuela!!!

49. Alleykat said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Back to Back Jacks always a good thing!! Got a great vibe going, yard is pumped up…

50. snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Nice double double there.
    What just happened to Buster, shows why he’s not going to be catcher for too many years longer, IMO. Hopefully he doesn’t have a concussion…

51. Flavor said, on June 15, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Give the Giants hitters credit, they ALWAYS bust it down the first base line.

• snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Let’s exempt Casilla and the Pen guys from that… ;)

• Flavor said, on June 15, 2014 at 3:08 pm

did Timmy pinch running in the 9th yesterday bug you at all? I wasn’t worried about him getting hurt, and really these guys are pro athlete’s they should be able to be used as PR’s if called on and able, but can you imagine the backlash if he tore his hammy running yesterday?

• snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 3:14 pm

It did bug me, definitely. That was pushed some by Bochy PHing for Adrianza with Hector. Hector got on from the Rocks screwing up, as I remember. Having poor options at second makes Bochy do moves he normally wouldn’t do — like the game earlier this week he pulled Adrianza for a PHer in the 6th. How can you pull your 2nd baseman starter in the 6th?…

52. snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Looking forward to Belt coming back, Morse is OK on D at first, but just OK. That screw up just cost a run…

53. willedav said, on June 15, 2014 at 3:10 pm

The next Babe Ruth. He ever blows out his arm his career is NOT over.

54. Bozo said, on June 15, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Thee old Bum’s rush.

55. eddacker said, on June 15, 2014 at 3:12 pm

a snot rocket to the gap

56. Bozo said, on June 15, 2014 at 3:27 pm

Come on Colvin, stay away from a bases loaded inning.

• Bozo said, on June 15, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Thataway.

57. Bozo said, on June 15, 2014 at 3:33 pm

WTG Craw, keeping us out of that bases loaded, no one out, jam. Best at bat of the day.

58. snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Why would the Rocks NOT challenge that tag, ?Flemm is saying it was not that clear?…

59. stickman said, on June 15, 2014 at 3:52 pm

118 pitches for Bumgarner today. Kinduva a messy outing. Never thought he would pitch the 7th. Guess Bochy is a bit leery of his bullies. Well, maybe one of them anyway.

60. Bozo said, on June 15, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Get Romo up.

61. pawliekokonuts said, on June 15, 2014 at 4:07 pm

I’m getting the gas pipe ready. Goodbye, cruel world. Fecksake.

62. Flavor said, on June 15, 2014 at 4:13 pm

jesus fucking christ

63. WilcoJoe said, on June 15, 2014 at 4:16 pm

WTF did I miss? Unfucking believeable!

64. Flavor said, on June 15, 2014 at 4:16 pm

well, at least it wasn’t another 9th inning implosion.

65. Flavor said, on June 15, 2014 at 4:17 pm

Fucking Adrianza can double clutch his ass somewhere else. I don’t care where. Just AWAY.

66. Macdog said, on June 15, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Can’t blame Pagan for this one.

67. snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 4:45 pm

I left when Bum finished the 7th and it was 7-3.
    WTF?…

• zumiee said, on June 15, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Gutierrez coughed it up. The Giants really needed Casilla today. Casilla shares the goat-horns today with his goofball unnecessary injury. Bochy was trying to avoid having to pitch Machi 4 games in a row. There were a bunch of right-handed batters in a row. And Kontos, of course, is relatively worthless.
      And Adrianza botched a crucial double-play opportunity. The Giants could have escaped the 8th inning up by 1 run if Adrianza doesn’t blow the double-play. Where is this awesome defense from Adrianza that we all heard about? Seriously, where has it been?

• zumiee said, on June 15, 2014 at 4:56 pm

And Bochy ended up having to pitch Machi anyway. Good thing there’s an off-day tomorrow.

• snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Sheezus. 2nd base has to be fixed — now at DefCon 2.
        They pitched Casilla two innings at San Jose last night, and he mowed em down. He could have done that here today instead of there last night WTF?…

• zumiee said, on June 15, 2014 at 5:07 pm

The “Adrianza has no options” curse hanging over the Giants’ head is endangering their season.

68. Bozo said, on June 15, 2014 at 4:54 pm

That was humiliating. On the bright side, some asshole, dressed in Barney colors, is going to piss Blade off. Do you think we need to get a Kickstarter fund for bail started?

69. zumiee said, on June 15, 2014 at 5:03 pm

The Giants did pretty darned well this season for quite a while without Casilla, Belt, and Scutaro; but it caught up to them this past week. Secondbase is an issue, in particular. At least Belt and Casilla are eventually coming back.

70. zumiee said, on June 15, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Utley makes a lot of sense for the Giants. The Giants need to make it happen.

• snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Cost is prohibitive, IMO zum. They’d be paying for Utley for next season at $13M+, AND paying Scutaro $6M to get platelet injections in Miami, plus Panik would be shelved for full second season at AAA with no shot to see if he can play at the MLB level. I say bring up Panik now, contra to what I normally say about needing time in AAA. See if he sinks or swims. If he sinks, fine, he needs more time. If he swims, well, great. This Adrianza kid — I never heard of him before this Spring Training, all of a sudden he can’t be sent down because he’ll get claimed? Bulldust. He’s done almost nothing while here to make me sorry to see him go to Fresno, or outside the organization…

• zumiee said, on June 15, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Maybe the Giants could work the deal so that the Phillies pay a chunk of the salary. Maybe even throw Panik in the deal if they have to. I say go for it.

• Flavor said, on June 15, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Utley isn’t going to cost shit with his 13+ next season. If the cost is simply dough then the Giants need to get him. He’d cost a mid level prospect with that 13 mil he’s owed next year and the Giants can make that up in a day with a new nickname turned into a bobblehead idea….

71. paulinasia said, on June 15, 2014 at 6:09 pm

Both Sabean and Bochy are much slower to pull the trigger on changes that Giants’ fandom sometimes demand. And that’s probably a good thing. However, Belt’s return will automatically change the lineup in some way, and maybe it won’t just be a return to things as they were. It’s actually an opportunity to make another change or two at the same time. Agree with everyone here that 2B has now officially become a problem, and I seem to remember other instances that management voiced support of someone or said no changes were necessary, and then within a week, presto change-o. Sabes needs to do something to prevent this bad streak from turning into another *bad penny year*… :-) Can anyone remember the G’s losing 6 of 7 at home like this, after being so dominant at home up to that point? I’m glad they’re hitting the road. They need to wash this homestand out of their heads. Really didn’t think I’d see this bunch, this year, hit a streak like this. Wind it up, baby…

• salty said, on June 15, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Well, July 25th-Aug 2nd they lost 7 of 8 at home en route to their 2nd World Championship.

72. blade3colorado said, on June 15, 2014 at 7:13 pm

As I said yesterday and the day before, NOT WORRIED. With Casilla and Belt coming back, the team gets better. I do think Sabes will address 2nd base, but we’ll survive until then. The clown is right though, albeit, I remind myself that Sherpa fans are delusional and then count to 10, so’s I don’t cold cock one of the bastards mouthing off about their sweep. Meh.

• Flavor said, on June 15, 2014 at 7:41 pm

I’m not worried about Colorado, they suck. It’s a little concerning that they wiped their ass with us in 3 innings across 3 games. But that’s more on bad luck than anything else. Rox have no pitching and hitters who are and will be breaking down. And Latroy Freaking Hawkings.
      They suck.

73. willedav said, on June 15, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Spurs in another thrash. Props to San Diego State guy Leonard, who gets much deserved MVP.
    Spurs, even in garbage time up by 20 with few minutes left (about the time I used to get into HS games) with Belinelli in there, were still running their motion, passing cutting screening. Too much depth for Heat and everyone else too.
    Heat had LeBron and nothing, and now have to wonder why he would stay.
    I told cute gals at hair salon where I go a while ago that whoever came out of West would beat Heat. I talked to one of them there today before game–her friend tried to tell me she wasn’t there, but she was just hiding her face behind Viet newspaper. Even she admitted Heat were done, which after first 5 minutes, they were.

74. snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 9:37 pm

I don’t care much about soccer, but I watch the WCup highlights. I’ll say this, that Lionel Messi is an amazing, amazing little dude. There’s nobody like him that I’ve seen. He is a magician with the ball and his feet. Gooooooooooooooooooooll….

75. unca_chuck said, on June 15, 2014 at 9:45 pm

So glad I missed the carnage in the 8th. Building a fence/gate in the back yard.

Good bad or indifferent, what an ugly stretch. All these were winnable, but the dogs lost, so no ground lost.

Heard that Camilla was going to make the trip. Hope so. Kontos and guttierez ain’t warming the cockles of my heart at this point.

76. wswins said, on June 15, 2014 at 10:09 pm

Odds on what happened to them this weekend happening to them couldn’t/wouldn’t be calculated. Laugh it off and relax…they’re the best team in mlb and everyone knows it…

77. unca_chuck said, on June 15, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Casilla! Fuck autocorrect.

• snarkk said, on June 15, 2014 at 10:47 pm

I knew Camilla wore weird hats and talked dirty to bonny Prince Charles, but who knew she had a 95 mph 2-seamer?…

78. Nipper said, on June 16, 2014 at 3:16 am

Good for the Spurs! They deserved this. Even LeBron admitted it.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 497 other followers