Three Coins In a Fountain, Each One Seeking Happiness

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 20, 2014

The headline has nothing to do with the thread. I just couldn’t think of a good headline for today and “Planes, Trains and Automobiles” popped into my head and that was just a classic scene. I haven’t been able to look at a fountain since I saw that movie without thinking about those 3 damn coins…..

Today’s Giant related point:

With Casilla back and Belt on his way, the Giants look about as “whole” as they’re going to get this year. The obvious other “hole” is at 2nd base and Sabean has to do something about this growing problem. While I would prefer that he get Utley it is far more likely that he gets Gordon Beckham. This irritates me because the only reason he’ll target Beckham is because of money and I get irritated when one of the wealthiest teams in baseball tries to “dime store” their way to another title. I know that’s always been Sabean’s plan and maybe his hands are tied by ownership, but Chase Utley and Gordon Beckham are not really comparable.

But Gordon Beckham and whatever cobbled combo of Hicks/Adrianza you want to put together are not comparable either. So you pick up G-Beck and you’ve plugged in a competent big league 2nd baseman. An underwhelming 2 thumbs up from this corner……

The other hole is center field. I think we can now safely assume that Pagan’s horrible defense last week was directly related to this now ominous back injury that has required an epidural. As we know with these shots, the first one often doesn’t take and he’ll need a second one. And there’s a guy moving around Arizona rather gingerly right now who knows all about that.

If Pagan goes down like Scoots I don’t see much coming to the rescue on the trade front. Maybe a “Ben Revere”, something like that. Hey, he could get packaged into a deal for Utley and……nevermind.

I’ll start the “Gordon Beckham Come On Down!” thread now so I can just paste and plug it in when it finally happens……..

“……thrown by 3 hopeful lovers…you know this one? No?”

About these ads

1. unca_chuck said, on June 20, 2014 at 9:59 pm

It’s just crazy that they came into the Nats series on fire, and they went into freefall in a hurry.

2. unca_chuck said, on June 20, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Dogs give up 2 in the bottom of the 9th. SD has a runner on 2nd 0 out.

3. unca_chuck said, on June 20, 2014 at 10:21 pm

SAc’ed to 3rd. GO San Dawgs!

4. unca_chuck said, on June 20, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Cabrera with the sac fly, Pads win! Pads win! Theeeeeeee Pads win!

5. Alleykat said, on June 20, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Well not a total loss night.
    As Chuck just yelled out “The Pads Win The Paaaaaads win!!
    And they beat the Bums late, maybe a extra Downer for them, to go with are’s

• snarkk said, on June 20, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Could be a turning point for the entire season. Or, not…

6. snarkk said, on June 20, 2014 at 10:30 pm

I heard Kuiper say during the game that at BP today in the stadium, Belt and SCUTARO took BP. Yes, Scutaro. Also, that he took some ground balls. WTF? Last I heard, he had a syringe with platelets stuck in his back somewhere…

• blade3colorado said, on June 20, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Shit, I thought him and Glass Sanchez were in Belize SCUBA diving . . . err, I mean rehabbing.

7. chipower9 said, on June 20, 2014 at 11:15 pm

Well, one positive outcome tonight was the Friars putting up a 3 spot in the 9th the beat the bumbinos. Love it. Nicole better be cooking up a killer batch of enchiladas. We need Vogey to be VogelSTRONG tomorrow and stop the damned bleeding.

8. pawliekokonuts said, on June 20, 2014 at 11:33 pm

All is not lost. Win the next two, and we are back on track.

• snarkk said, on June 20, 2014 at 11:36 pm

My goodness pawlie, you’re out late. Today (your time) is the summer solstice. Hopefully it will be a beautiful summer’s day in upstate NY. Here, tonight, the younger Snarkkette was in her second night of dance performance with her local dance company at the theater ( I saw last night’s, not tonight’s), and the news upon return was that a bra strap broke in the middle of her first number. Ah, but the “show must go on”, and it did. A safety pin came to the rescue of the balance of the performance…

9. Nipper said, on June 21, 2014 at 1:41 am

sniff……June sucks

10. Macdog said, on June 21, 2014 at 8:39 am

I hit the trifecta of Fantasy Meltdown Closers last night: Chapman, Holland and, most pleasantly, Jensen. Sure was a lot more restful going to bed knowing the Bums blew their game.

• blade3colorado said, on June 21, 2014 at 9:25 am

Mac, Two of my FL teams had Chapman, Holland, and Perkins doing face plants last night. What are the odds? Coupled with Iwakuma (who was gold for 4 innings) falling apart and the Giants losing, I was not a happy camper.

11. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 21, 2014 at 9:48 am

Rocking the black SF cap with the orange bill in Tahoe. The knowing dude head nods are more like shameful bows.

• blade3colorado said, on June 21, 2014 at 9:56 am

No shit Dirt . . . I can’t even leave a negative comment about the Sherpas at the Denver Post, what with the Giants doing their 2 weeks long disappearing lounge act. The horror, the horror . . .

12. snarkk said, on June 21, 2014 at 12:03 pm

The problem with this losing streak is not just the meltdown, it’s that most of it happened during a homestand. The Giants had a great 25 game stretch of mostly at home, and proceeded to blow the first part of it. Not good considering September is a mostly away game month…

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 457 other followers