A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Hopefully All the Bad Luck and Dumb Play Gets Left in Yesterday

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 19, 2010

As I said last night, I didn’t see much of the game. I feel bad for Zito, from what I’ve read he pitched much better than his line. Still can’t get over Flannery sending Huff with no outs. You CANNOT send a guy in that situation when the runner has almost no chance to score. “Shut Down Matt” goes today……

1. mrmrbill said, on June 19, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Can’t believe I blew $20 on that DVD, “Tiger’s Favorite 18 Holes”. Turns out, it’s about — *golf*.

2. Cal_Stim25 said, on June 19, 2010 at 7:44 pm

This is…bullshit.

3. delmardennis said, on June 19, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Phil is a goddamn boob. In the rocks again on the 18th. How the hell does Lefty go left on that tee shot? Son a bitch thinks he can pull of the perfect shot every damn time. Aim for the center of the fairway you dipshit.

4. Kevin said, on June 19, 2010 at 7:55 pm

I could of sworn the last time I posted here it was a baseball blogg, wha is all this golf talk2 I was on the road and missed the game, what is the mental block the hitters have on the road

5. twinfan said, on June 19, 2010 at 7:56 pm

Miller is great. He despises Jiggles and you can tell. Just barely audible, but definitely there, are the words “Fuckwad loser…”

6. twinfan said, on June 19, 2010 at 7:58 pm

It’s no BFD, Kevin. A couple games. Trolls are back at the Splash, doomer talk is resurfacing here, but they’ll win the division easily…

7. delmardennis said, on June 19, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Bruce Bochy said, Jesse Litsch was “effectively wild.” Come again? Was he watching the same game? We hard zero walks. Litsch wasn’t “effectively wild,” he was just goddamn effective period.

8. bigflavor said, on June 19, 2010 at 8:17 pm

Maybe it’s because I’ve missed a lot of games lately but these losses don’t really sweat me. We aren’t getting blown out, ever. Even great hitting teams (which we obviously aren’t) go through bad stretches. Go take a look at how the Phillies are under-performing this year as a team. I’d have to go back and dig it up, but I remember sifting through box scores in the 30’s and 40’s of the Yanks where they would be dominating but yet go 5 games or whatever and score like 3 runs. It happens. At least with the crew we’ve got now I have hope that *tomorrow* will be different. I never had that hope with Rowand/Molina/etc before…….

9. delmardennis said, on June 19, 2010 at 8:21 pm

“but they’ll win the division easily…”

First off, please describe your definition of “easily.” Secondly, what gives you the notion that this team can or will win on the road? Thirdly, aren’t you the least bit concerned about our pen? D) The fifth starter: Why isn’t Bumgarner here? 5. Why the hell isn’t Buster catching? Bengie can’t block a ball for nothing. F) Our starting outfield consists of a guy who was slated to be our 5th outfielder, the guy who we signed to place first base and a guy we got off the scrap heaps in Tampa. 7) Tomorrow is Father’s Day and the goddamn San Diego Padres are in first place. If they haven’t “reverted to form” by now, it ain’t gonna happen. Yet we’re gonna win this thing “easily.” I feel better now.

10. bigflavor said, on June 19, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Denny, go take a valium or something. There isn’t a team in the NL West that’s worth sweating this year. I agree, I think we win this easily. I don’t have time to post it right now but I’ll detail it in tomorrow’s thread. I’ve got a sure-fire way of how to fix our 8th inning problems. If you go to bed tonight worried about that one, cross it off your list and worry about the next one. 🙂

11. twinfan said, on June 19, 2010 at 8:46 pm

What the fuck do you think Padre doomers are saying? Or the Dodger Doomers? Rocks? They have it worse (better) than you guys do.