A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Loved this dude. RIP….

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 19, 2010

1. twinfan said, on June 19, 2010 at 6:25 pm

The tallest man to ever play in the NBA and none stood taller off the court. It would appear that he quite literally gave his life for his people. He joins a short list, with men like the great Clemente, athletes who were above all else citizens of the world and good samaritans in every land…

2. bigflavor said, on June 19, 2010 at 6:29 pm

One of my secrets is that while I don’t like today’s rap I love rap from the 80’s and 90’s up till about ’98 or so. I’m a huge Tupac fan and that’s why I chose this youtube video. I watched this 5 times and saw something new in it each time.

3. zumarust said, on June 19, 2010 at 8:23 pm

A different dweeb is in the process of blowing another save for the O’s against the Pads.

4. zumarust said, on June 19, 2010 at 8:26 pm

The O’s have nothing but dweebs as closers.

5. bigflavor said, on June 19, 2010 at 8:31 pm

It’s astounding. But I’ve always said that closing is one of the hardest jobs in all of sports. I stand by it.

6. willied said, on June 19, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Bol and Barkley were really funny together….I remember an SI article on Manute where he spent most of it messing with Charles. Plus an unforgettable pic of Manute in the pool shot from above.

7. twinfan said, on June 19, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Well, he saved it.

8. twinfan said, on June 19, 2010 at 9:59 pm

A note in Room B about me and the contest, if you’d like to take a peek.

9. blade3colorado said, on June 20, 2010 at 6:42 am

I’m hoping that Sanchez can salvage a game in this series against the “homer machine.” It could be a pitchers duel with Marcum going for the Bluejays. However, I like our chances with Sanchez, i.e., three of the five homers Sanchez (5-5, 2.78 ERA) has allowed came in one start in early May, and making any sort of contact against him has proven difficult. His .202 opponents’ average is one of the five lowest in baseball. Gotta like that against this team . . .

Go Giants!

10. ferrethead said, on June 20, 2010 at 2:18 pm

I found myself tearing up, reading the various obituaries for Manute Bol – and it wasn’t because of his basketball career. I don’t know how he fit that gigantic heart of his in that skinny frame. He gave, and gave of himself, doing everything he could to help those suffering a fate he barely escaped. Some people are just too good for this world, and that’s why they are here for such a short time. RIP, Manute.