A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Cain VS Strasburg

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 9, 2010

I gotta admit, I did NOT see us sweeping the Brewers. I don’t think anyone did. They are BAD aren’t they? Oh well, you have to beat the bad teams if you want to make the playoffs….

Tonight we get our 2nd best pitching match up of the year. Cain vs S-squared. Hey, we swept the Brewers, we’re obviously hitting well. We scored 7 off Mr Invincible (Ubaldo), why the hell can’t we knock this young chump around a little? He’s hardly been perfect since that 14 SO masterpiece….

I’m traveling for a few days. I promise not to *Schulman* the blog but my participation will be spotty. I will DEFINITELY find a spot to watch this game tonight in Reno……

1. Kevin said, on July 9, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Tim and Matt untouchable. end of discussion. and TF is right Zito has not earned the right to stay in game he struggles, has not shown he can come back. Matt and Tim usually lose 1-0 2-1 etc. so yeah Matt deserved to be out there

2. bigflavor said, on July 9, 2010 at 7:22 pm

well, it started out all right….Any news on Torres? I’m hittin’ the poker table but I’ll check back in later….

3. bozo said, on July 9, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Five things,
    One – I got to see the game on local TV. Good/bad – I don’t know.
    Two – Dunn got er done, Bad.
    Three – Matt ( I thought pitched pretty well, Stras pitched better.) I’m not giving up on Matt.
    Four – Ishi wants to play, let him play man.
    Five – Posey throwing behind runners, opposing pitchers starting to include him in their game plan, yeah the kid will be alright.

4. twinfan said, on July 9, 2010 at 7:54 pm

Bengie is now 3 for 17 with zero RBI or extra base hits. This was not a popular move in Texas …

5. delmardennis said, on July 9, 2010 at 8:04 pm

Five more things,
    Six- I got to see the game on local TV. I’ve seen better.
    Seven- Still don’t know why we pitched to Dunn w/ the two clowns hitting behind him. Regardless, he gets plunked tomorrow.
    Eight- I’m not giving up on Matt either but he needs to pitch better than that. Run support or not.
    Nine- Couldn’t agree more, Ishi looks locked and loaded. Keep him in the lineup.
    Ten- Posey has a Howitzer for a rt. arm. Love watching that kid throw.

Fuck both of us tonight, Bozo. Hang tough, we’ll get’em tomorrow.

6. zumarust said, on July 9, 2010 at 8:07 pm

Man, the Cubs suck. That NL Central division is the sucky division these days.

7. zumarust said, on July 9, 2010 at 8:18 pm

And Brenley has to broadcast that Cub garbage year after year.

8. delmardennis said, on July 9, 2010 at 8:34 pm

We have 30 games remaining with the three teams ahead of us.
    LA-12 6H 6A
    SD-10 6H 4A
    COL-8 3H 5A

That’s looking like we’ll need 18+ minimum. Can’t be giving away any more games to the other boobs.

9. delmardennis said, on July 9, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Padres pen but mere mortals tonight. Rocks continue to pound the ball.

Catching a little of the SJ Giants/ STK Ports game on the boob tube. Pablo’s older bro, Michael, has an annoying habit of taking his damn helmet off after every pitch. Sorry, Mike, that shit’s gotta go.

10. snarkk said, on July 9, 2010 at 9:54 pm

If Panda took his cup off after every pitch and that helped him hit .285 RHed, I’d be down with that….

11. delmardennis said, on July 9, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Late word from Baggs is that we shouldn’t expect Torres for these next two. Too valuable, and too risky too lose our lone, legit lead off guy by tweaking his groin any further. Thinks we might be even more pressed to acquire a Theriot or DeJesus for their lead off capabilities should this thing with Torres linger. It’s either that or Rowand back at the top. Sweet Jesus shoot me now.

12. twinfan said, on July 9, 2010 at 10:27 pm

Interesting stuff from Baggarly tonight. Totally agree on shutting Andres down for the next two games. Tear that puppy and they’re in big trouble. Well, Andres, too… looking at DeJesus vs. Theriot , I like DeJesuses’ consistent OBP- in 7 years his low is .347, high before this year’s .400 was .364. He’s a pretty good defensive OFer as well, better than Hart. I like Theriot but I do not want Uribe and Sandoval at the corners- they have to let Ishikawa play out the string now- or include him in a Fielder deal…

13. delmardennis said, on July 9, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Yeah, need to keep the Panda at third. As much as he’s struggling at the plate, he continues to play very solid defense at the hot corner. And for whatever reason, Uribe hasn’t hit at all when he’s played 3B this year; .120 .241 .200 .441 With Torres out, I’m sure we’ll continue to see Travis at 1B with Huff occupying one of the corner OF spots. But it won’t matter who’s playing where if Sanchez and Bumgarner don’t deliver the goods in these next few.

14. Sportdude said, on July 9, 2010 at 11:19 pm

Sanchez throws eight innings, 2 walks 7 K’s tomorrow. If we win both Sat & Sunday that math I mentioned earlier in the week looks much better…

15. Craig said, on July 10, 2010 at 8:09 am

I’d take theriot since he’d cost less and could play ss or 2nd. He’s a hacker too, he’d fit right in. 🙂