A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

3 runs in 2 games? No Problem!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 17, 2010

It’s great to see our pitching staff get back on the beam. If we score 3 runs in two games and lose both the blog world would be imploding with rage. No reason Cain can’t keep it going unless you subscribe to the “METs are due” theory. They aren’t do, they can’t hit. They’re due for another bat or two, I guess……

Zito was the easy choice for POTG….

San Diego is only 17-15 vs The NL West– They’re what, 7-0 against us? Something like that. Looks like Colorado and the Dodgers don’t seem to have a problem beating them. They killed AZ last night. What has happened to Danny Haren?

1. sandy koufax said, on July 17, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Cool down TF…I said I didn’t think he was fast out of the box…

2. DaddyO said, on July 17, 2010 at 7:29 pm

He has Adrian Gonzalez speed.

3. willied said, on July 17, 2010 at 7:30 pm

The all-Latin/Hispanic IF making all the plays tonight…have Giants ever had one before in SF?

4. twinfan said, on July 17, 2010 at 7:31 pm

I’m always cool, Sandy. You read way too much into my posts…it was a very vanilla remark, YOU cool off.

5. max808 said, on July 17, 2010 at 7:33 pm

I remember when Posey was drafted many of the experts weighing in said he was probably not much of a power hitter…something around 15-18 per.

Probably the same guys who said Lincecum with his size wouldn’t cut it as a starter.

6. Craig said, on July 17, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Not everyone would get a triple off that first at bat it wasn’t technically in triples alley. I’d say most Guys go double there. Posey leged out a triple about 2 weeks ago like a man. Don’t have stats in front of me to remember when but it was at home

7. twinfan said, on July 17, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Fine, he’s a fucking gazelle.. Jesus H. Posey. Fact: he’s a slow runner. Move on. He’s still a great young player…

8. sandy koufax said, on July 17, 2010 at 7:41 pm

No need to ‘cool off’ it’s friggin’ below 60 here already and I haven’t lost my cool with you since last year…

6-5 in San D, Madres, top of the 7th

9. mrmrbill said, on July 17, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Forever Prattling Santangelo — 4 years running in the Top 10 of the NL for HBP. And I can imagine why.

10. delmardennis said, on July 17, 2010 at 7:49 pm

In this day and age of stats, with baseball being king of the stats, they should list a player’s base time; home to first (4.1) home to home (18.8) or whatever the hell they may be. They seemingly put every other conceivable number up there. Why not speed times?

11. dirtnrocksnreno said, on July 17, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Vet move settling for 2 there. Or maybe he’s slow as molasses

12. sandy koufax said, on July 17, 2010 at 7:52 pm

Remember earlier this year when he got so tired out running the bases?…ya now CAIN is slow

13. Craig said, on July 17, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Another night where ishi shoulda gotten a start. Franchez, as I said, needed another day. But bochy went with his “beat material”. Stupid.

14. twinfan said, on July 17, 2010 at 7:55 pm

It’s still 96 on my back porch…
    Remember about a week ago, we were hearing about the epic struggle ahead to climb over several teams? They’re tied for the WC if they win tonight. Now that can go in reverse as well, but it’s time to pay attention when I tell you to relax, long way to go…

15. sandy koufax said, on July 17, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Okay TF, okay. Tough on the 96 though…come to the city…such fine weather…women…food and libation

16. wswinb4igo said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:10 pm

thats the guy we need…love it pablo

17. DaddyO said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Nice to see Panda hitting again.

18. sandy koufax said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:14 pm

did anyone notice if Uribe was told to slide on that play at the plate?

19. willied said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Exactly twin…one of the contenders was supposed to be Mets, but SF is embarrassing their asses so far.

Pablo one hop of the fucking wall, what a rocket.

Please STFU, FP, long enough to let somebody actually call the game. Last inning when Cain was pitching I swear he didn’t shut up for 3 consecutive pitches.

20. Unca Chuck said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:17 pm

Man! Missed another high octane game. At least I heard the Torres bomb, and the Posey bomb on the radio.

Saw Panda’s double . . . Welcome back.

21. Craig said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:19 pm

FP is off base here. Uribe has to slide it was obvious the way the ball was hit that it would be a play at the plate. Stupid on uribe

22. delmardennis said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:22 pm

This team could use a refresher course on the art of sliding. How; when ;how to; how to not; when not to.
    Jesus Christ. And what the fuck was Torres doing that he wasn’t in position behind the plate directing traffic? Wake up people.

23. sandy koufax said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:25 pm

CLUSTER FUCK!

24. delmardennis said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Best athlete on the team.

25. twinfan said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:30 pm

FP was right about one thing. If Panda really is back, the postseason is a done deal.

26. mrmrbill said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:36 pm

pre-game thoughts on Santana v. Sanchez?

27. Unca Chuck said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Sandy, Torres was teling him to, but he wasn’t really in Uribe’s line of sight.

28. Unca Chuck said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:37 pm

No hitter # 2 for Nasssty.

29. sandy koufax said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Thanks Chuck…maybe on the no-no

30. mrmrbill said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Chuck, that would be nice. Wish Jonathan would get over that thing where he emotionally tailspins if he doesn’t get a K call, or a bloop gets a man on base.

31. Unca Chuck said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:43 pm

Wow. I’m glad i heard most of this on the radio. FP sounds like he’s on an 8-ball binge. . .

• mrmrbill said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Would BP’s latest oil cap work on FP, too?

32. twinfan said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Man, MY shoulder fucking hurts. That can break bones. Ouch.

33. willied said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:48 pm

Nice….I’d almost forgotten how much fun it was to watch Casilla pitch.

No way Wilson should have been needed tonight.

34. delmardennis said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Vulture save time. I think B-Wheezy must be paying these guys on the side, 😉

35. DaddyO said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:50 pm

The team needs another solid setup man more than a bat.

36. Bozo said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:52 pm

Time for Pepto and Tequila.

37. Bozo said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:53 pm

OK, I’m a happy man, a happy man.

38. wswinb4igo said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:53 pm

congrats…

39. mrmrbill said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:53 pm

heh… what was the conversation Wilson was having before the very last pitch?

40. DaddyO said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Nice start to the second half.

41. Unca Chuck said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:56 pm

Wilson got a save?

I didn’t think so . ..

42. JBat said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:57 pm

Leapfrogging two teams in three days, the Dogears now behind us? I’ll fucking take it. Three wins for three starters.

43. twinfan said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:57 pm

Right now Romo is the 8th inning guy again. But let’s give it a bit. The pen hadn’t been used in a week, other than Wilson. With all their troubles, they’re third in the NL in ERA…

44. JBat said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:59 pm

Sure is a save, potential tying run on deck. Wilson has been money lately.

45. twinfan said, on July 17, 2010 at 8:59 pm

The two on made it a save situation, Chuckles.
    “He enters the game, regardless of the count, with the potential tying run either on base, or at bat, or on deck (that is, the potential tying run is either already on base or is one of the first two batsmen he faces)”

46. willied said, on July 17, 2010 at 9:02 pm

So given a night when SF hitters rake and score 8, you’re up big….and wilson still has to get up and warm up, come in and warm up some more, and pitch, after working an inning last night. BS. They have 15 games consecutive before another day off, that include 6 vs. Dodgers and 4 in AZ launching pad next weekend. I do not blame bochy for doing it, it bothers me that it became necessary. Casilla have any idea what Fresno is like this time of year?

47. wswinb4igo said, on July 17, 2010 at 9:03 pm

I’ll take your word twin about the bp…tho Ray has struggled in his latest outings…looks like he’s slinging it.

48. bigflavor said, on July 17, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Casilla…..Enough. He was doing this shit before the break. Exit stage left…..And if Ray isn’t going to throw strikes he can smoke his pole off the stage…….

49. twinfan said, on July 17, 2010 at 9:07 pm

WSW, I’m just saying to not worry QUITE YET. One is going down for Wellemeyer, like that or not. Probably it’s Bautista but frankly I’m liking him better than Casilla right now. Santiago is wild AND nuts. Denny is just wild…

50. sandy koufax said, on July 17, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Well…That team from SF looks mighty mighty.

All in all…the second half has been a TRULY ugly reversal for Dodgerdom

51. bigflavor said, on July 17, 2010 at 9:10 pm

totally agree Twin. Casilla is like a crazy person. And when he misses it’s by a mile. Fuck this shit we don’t need a guy who has no role anyway throwing grenades up there. He’s totally expendable…….

• wswinb4igo said, on July 17, 2010 at 9:17 pm

He needs more than the 3 of Romo, Aff, and Wilson…Glad I can say Aff now. He’s been getting outs. But he needs 2 more he can count on. If Welle gets in the game its
      as long guy to eat innings in a catch up situation. Gotta find the 1 or 2 other guys.

52. JBat said, on July 17, 2010 at 9:18 pm

I think pinch hitting for Cain in the seventh was a mistake. He already has a six run lead, and he’s under 100 pitches. Let him go out for the eigth.

53. twinfan said, on July 17, 2010 at 9:19 pm

We’ve talked about Belt, another kid to watch is Peguero, he’s coming on. Over .300 now, 32 SB, Futures game, and a solid defender. They really like him.

• JBat said, on July 17, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Where’s he at now, TF?

54. twinfan said, on July 17, 2010 at 9:31 pm

JBat: San Jose. As we’ve seen with Crawford, Ford, Gillaspie, Kieschnick, etc. the AA promotion seems to be the key. Belt is raking, Neal coming on, those others have struggled big time. Eastern League seems to be a pitcher’s league.

55. JBat said, on July 17, 2010 at 9:35 pm

You always hear the jump to AA is the toughest one.

56. JBat said, on July 17, 2010 at 9:41 pm

I just saw Posey’s homer, and I wonder how many RH batters have gone deep the other way at AT&T. Not easy to do.

57. twinfan said, on July 17, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Earlier this year Krukow or Kuiper said there had been just 11 in the history of the ball park.

58. delmardennis said, on July 17, 2010 at 9:45 pm

The jump to AA isn’t that tough, it’s the acknowledgment some find difficult.

Hi, my name is Dennis and I’m an alcoholic.

59. delmardennis said, on July 17, 2010 at 9:49 pm

I sure the hell hope there isn’t going to be a Whitey sighting tomorrow. Day after night, screw that crap. We need Buster behind the plate, not at first.

60. delmardennis said, on July 17, 2010 at 9:56 pm

I can’t believe what I did today, I signed up at Twitter. Now that the damage is done, any of you have any good suggestions? I did the easy ones, Baggs, Schulman, MLB, SF Giants, etc…

61. Unca Chuck said, on July 17, 2010 at 9:57 pm

I thought is it was over a 4 run lead it wasn’t a save opportunity. Even with the tying run on the ODC . . .

62. twinfan said, on July 17, 2010 at 10:06 pm

I’d be surprised if Whiteside didn’t get the nod, Dennis. My guess, with their record against Johan :
    Torres RF (2 for 6)
    Sanchez 2B (5 for 17)
    Huff LF ( 6 for 23 2 HR)
    Posey 1B (NA)
    Sandoval 3B ( 6 for 10)
    Uribe SS ? ( 9 for 59 )
    Rowand CF ( 14 for 48 2 HR )
    Whiteside C (1 for 2)

63. twinfan said, on July 17, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Well, you were wrong, Chuckles. What can I tell ya?

64. Unca Chuck said, on July 17, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Gee, that NEVER happens, Mike.

Just ask my wife . . .

65. delmardennis said, on July 17, 2010 at 10:23 pm

Best part of this great pitching to start the second half has been curtailing the walks. Just 5 tot. so far these 3 gms. Far cry from the 4+ we avg. prior to the break. I guess that talkin’ to worked. Dirty needs to follow example tomorrow.

66. delmardennis said, on July 17, 2010 at 10:31 pm

First time from the Twitter: Bochy, a former catcher, compared Posey’s ability to slow down the running game to HOFer Johnny Bench and 14-time All-Star Pudge #SFGiants

67. Sportdude said, on July 17, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Pablo is hitting. That is the key to the rest of the season….Of course 25 scoreless doesn’t hurt

68. Unca Chuck said, on July 17, 2010 at 10:35 pm

24 but who’s counting?

69. snarkk said, on July 17, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Nice game tonite. Panda giving everybody some hope that he’s breaking out a bit. Cain finally got some runs. Pen still looking scary, tho, outside of Wilson. We’ll see if they straighten out with a little more work after the break. Somebody’s gotta go soon to get this down to a 12 man pen, carrying 13 just doesn’t seem needed…