A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Hot, Hot, Hot

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 18, 2010

Well, here we are in 2nd place, currently holding the longest win streak in MLB (5). Not bad. Buster Posey is giving me the same feeling I had when WIll came up— every at bat brings me to the edge of my seat. And he’s delivering unreal results. I don’t understand why NO ONE pitches this guy inside–he’s proven to every scout in America that he’s got legitimate power to right field. And that arm to second base, wow, we are lucky to have him and to get to watch this story unfold….

she doesn't like baseball but she has no problem with me buying her all the shwag

1. pickledgringo said, on July 18, 2010 at 7:56 pm

‘I’ve had a life you would envy, my poor fuck. Don’t go there.’ Get over yourself TF. You are merely one soul among 6+ billion, and hate to break it to you, you are not more important than any of the others.

If they are carrying 13 pitchers tomorrow, I want to see Bochy’s head on a pole even more than I do now. This coming from the same guy who Posey couldn’t catch.

2. bigflavor said, on July 18, 2010 at 7:57 pm

PG, watch this till the end. I know it’s a little sappy but i’ts one of my favorite movies of all time and this scene probably applies to us this year……

3. twinfan said, on July 18, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Sabean makes the ultimate decision on player moves, fuckwad, not the manager…you have every right to attack my posts, none to attack how I spend my time. I told you not to go there, now don’t. Ever again. Got it?

4. willied said, on July 18, 2010 at 8:08 pm

Our pitching gave up 8 runs in 4 games, and we scored enough to win 3 out of 4. I’ll take that now and in October,too.

• pickledgringo said, on July 18, 2010 at 8:26 pm

Only one problem with your comment…… they won’t get to October scoring like that.

5. dirtnrocksnreno said, on July 18, 2010 at 8:10 pm

That blown call at home was total bullshit but going 2 for 15 with RISP today would’ve swept this series.

FREE ISHIKAWA!

6. delmardennis said, on July 18, 2010 at 8:14 pm

Was Paul McCartney just in Australia as well? Watching the races from Down Under, and their entire turf course looks like our outfield. Fucking brutal. I’m stilled pissed that we allowed that overrated bloke to ruin our field. Keep off my grass you asshole!

7. pickledgringo said, on July 18, 2010 at 8:20 pm

Thanks BF – seen Hoosiers a bunch. I love the Giants, always have. I only question things because of what we see transpiring with this team. They have the recipe in place to do great things, and a nucleus of young exciting players (if up to Bochy would never be used). I’m not sure what is worse: getting to the playoffs/WS and losing, or under-achieving. The former is more painful short term, the latter is a constant drone of disappointment. I guess both suck, but the matter of the fact if we have been underachieving (though TF and others might argue) for 6 years now.

8. pickledgringo said, on July 18, 2010 at 8:21 pm

We are the Giants, one of the most storied franchises in baseball, with the most HOF inductees. We should be a torch-bearer, not acting like the A’s. We have the best ballpark in baseball, with the best fans, in the best region in the country, and we deserve to act like one. I’m sick and tired of listening to the Kum Ba Ya crowd say we are ‘not fans’ if we expect greatness. F.U.C.K. T.H.A.T. I want a trophy, not more ‘wait until next year’. I want validation this franchise is the best in baseball.

9. bigflavor said, on July 18, 2010 at 8:34 pm

dude, trip on the manager and Sabean some other time. We just won 3 of 4 and it should have been 4 of 4 had the umpire not been afraid of the NY media. They are playing very well right now. This is your team, support your team……

10. willied said, on July 18, 2010 at 8:43 pm

dennis, my main man, your boy J McD is out of Long Beach Poly, legendary HS for athletes. He started 4 games for LA early last year (and relieved twice in april/may) and wasn’t very good: 28 innings, 19 walks, 15 earned runs. That was the end of that experiment. He pitched 34 more innings total the rest of the year, all in relief. I don’t have anything on him this year.

Gotta believe with all the chumps LA has started this year (Ely is back in the minors, btw) if this guy was a keeper he’d already have been here. I like our 5 guy, the Mad bum, a lot better. Our other 4 too.

Buy the hat, dude. It will give you something to ignite at your leisure.

• delmardennis said, on July 18, 2010 at 9:14 pm

You may like your guy better, but “my guy” is favored (-115) over your guy. Go McDonald!

• willied said, on July 18, 2010 at 9:22 pm

I think the morning handicap on the MadBum would say, “Won router. No penalty!” With Buster in the saddle, I think we get a good ride.

• delmardennis said, on July 18, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Don’t count on Buster being in the saddle quite yet, Willie. Bochy might opt for his “bug boy” Whitey to take the mount. Don’t forget, Whitey gets a .100 pt. batting avg. allowance. Bochy could be tempted to stick with the hot jock.

11. bigflavor said, on July 18, 2010 at 8:46 pm

and with that, WIllieD, I leave you with the POTD……On to Monday.

12. Sportdude said, on July 18, 2010 at 8:52 pm

Great post stix..

Can I take it that Pablo’s injury is minor since no one talked about it?

Dennis… I would say thanks for the picture, but not really.. More fired up about getting screwed after seeing the picture.

13. bigflavor said, on July 18, 2010 at 8:54 pm

What’s up with Pablo is…it’s not totally known. He hurt his hip, they’ll evaluate it in the am. That could mean anything but the fact that he was walking around fine tells me he’ll be good to go in a couple of days, maybe even tomorrow…….

14. delmardennis said, on July 18, 2010 at 9:20 pm

The Orioles and Indians also are carrying 13-man staffs. How’s that shit working out for ’em?
    Sabean better have rectified this clusterfuck by first pitch tomorrow or I’ll get us all Dodger caps and charge it to Brian’s Visa card.

15. twinfan said, on July 18, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Let me know how you like the new Room B, GringoFuck.

16. willied said, on July 18, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Dennis, I don’t think whitey rides anything except the pine until the county fair comes to AZ. And Buster gets my boy in under the wire, six fulongs about 1:10. see you at the window…with a cold one.

17. twinfan said, on July 18, 2010 at 11:22 pm

You’re watching today’s game with some friends, all Giants’ fans. Beer is cold, BBQ is hot, tight ballgame, but llooking dire going to the ninth. Panda draws a walk, good AB, glimmering of hope. 0-2 on Uribe, he’s looked over matched. Frankie grooves a fastball, solid hit to left… 1st and 2nd but Panda has to leave for a PR. OMIGOD, Whiteside stays in to bunt, but Jesus Crist, on the second pitch lays down a beaut. Tying run at second, Ishi up, goes 2-2. This game is over if the fucker bounces a breeaker… low fastball in Travis’ wheelhouse, TIE GAME… first pitch, Torres rakes it down the line for a double, second and third again… the runt hits a bouncer to the left. On the contact play, Ishikawa breaks immediately, hooks his lead foot and slides safely to the plate on the high throw. But the ump calls him safe… the whole group screams “We wuz robbed!!!” All except one, the GringoFuck who says “Whoa there, kids. This is on Bochy and blah blah…” his words are drowned out by the firece pummelling, soon the screams, and finally, pathetic pussy fuck whimpering…

18. JBat said, on July 19, 2010 at 8:30 am

Gringo, your posts are unbelievable. There is just too much stupidity for me to comment on, so I’ll just call the lot of them what they are: STUPID.

The Giants have gotten off to exactly the start they needed to in the second half, and it took a blown fucking call by a “professional” umpire to steal away a four game sweep. Against a very good team. And what do you do? Immediately come in here and kvetch about bullshit nitpicky shit.

I’m as quick as anyone to criticize the team when it’s warranted. This weekend was not one of those times.