A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

The Demise of a Baseball Blog…….

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 26, 2010

I showed up at The Splash a few games into the 2007 season. It was the first blog I’d ever visited. I think it took me about 2 posts before Twinfan and I were at each other’s throats, lol. But to me, that’s really when that blog started to take off…..

The Splash was a great place back then but I’m glad they started monitoring it, it was absolutely out of hand. But back in 2007  and 2008 there was a unique community there. I miss that, actually…….

In some ways I feel responsible for the demise of The Splash. Back in the day, we would  run off trolls simply with our volume of posts. But after I started this place, THAT PLACE got fractured and splintered. Back then we could get like 300 posts a day from about 7 people…..

I’m sorry The Splash has been overtaken by fools. It’s certainly run by them, too, if banning Twinfan is their idea of thoughtful moderation. For the life of me I can’t understand why there are people out there who’s sole existence is to be disruptive and annoying– “Soph”, “BarryForever”, etc are almost hilarious in their worthlessness. I guess people like that would rather be noticed  instead of being ignored, which is probably what happens to them in their daily lives….

This post is simply a tribute to what  The Splash used to be…….

1. Unca Chuck said, on July 26, 2010 at 10:41 pm

To get 2 runners into scoring position? Yeah.

2. twinfan said, on July 26, 2010 at 10:45 pm

Well, the numbers flat do not support the bunt. But whatever. And you cannot pretend Zits had nothing to do with the loss, boyz.

3. snarkk said, on July 26, 2010 at 10:52 pm

Well, of course he had something to do with the loss. But, he wasn’t horrible. He gave up 3, but if you score just 3, chances are you’re going to lose. Marlins aren’t chumps like the Dbacks. You’re going to lose once in a while, and tonite was the Giants’ turn after a hot streak. Forget it, move on to tomorrow…

4. twinfan said, on July 26, 2010 at 10:56 pm

You’re talking about it more than I am, fuck. Eat it.

5. twinfan said, on July 26, 2010 at 10:59 pm

Don’t fucking presume to tell me what to do asshole. Zits was extemely fucking lucky he didn’t give up 6. God, you’re a dickhead.

6. snarkk said, on July 26, 2010 at 11:00 pm

The “Forget it” was generic, not directed at you. I’m agreeing with you about Zito’s share of the loss, and you’re still pissed. I’m outta here…

7. twinfan said, on July 26, 2010 at 11:10 pm

The pen stranded Zitshit’s two runners and gave up 1 in 2 2/3. And they get the crap. Fuck that.