A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Awesome Game, 2 Good Pick ups and a Surprise Autograph

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 1, 2010

Someone on the last thread compared Burrell’s Bomb to Brian Johnson’s and I think that’s close. It’s not the same but it’s close…….

Javier Lopez and Ramon Ramirez– I won’t bother posting their stats cause you’ve probably already seen them and they’re underwhelming anyway. But I am totally cool with these two pick ups. Or didn’t any of you catch Bautista’s latest charity work in yesterday’s game? This bullpen, *save* Brian Wilson, has been living on borrowed time for months. It’s a wonder they haven’t lost more games for us. I don’t care one whit about losing Bowker and Martinez. And we simply HAVE to have a left hander down there right now. And by “right now” I mean for the rest of the season. Everyone is dreaming about the return of Runzler and Affeldt but neither has been reliable this year. Lopez is better than what we have now, I’ll take it.  And Ramirez? Whatfreakingever. Can he throw a strike with a baseball to a major league baseball hitter? That’s all I need from him and word down at the snack shack is that he can perform this rare feet. Bye Bye Bautista…….

A good buddy of mine made it on to the field for the after-game season ticket party thing. Lots of players signing autographs and everyone eating and drinking– say what you will about Baer but he knows how to throw a party. Anyway, Chris had THE man of the hour, Pat Burrell, sign this autograph for the blog:

translated: "To oneflapdown77.com Keep it Up. Pat Burrell"

1. blade3colorado said, on August 1, 2010 at 6:39 am

Flav, the autograph isn’t showing up . . . May only be my browser, i.e., you should check with other flappers.

2. bigflavor said, on August 1, 2010 at 6:45 am

really? It is for me. I just made it smaller, it was pretty big. I’ll play around with it later if it still isn’t showing up. I’m not a big autograph guy but I was diggin’ this one……

3. blade3colorado said, on August 1, 2010 at 7:12 am

Smaller one isn’t showing up either. Again, it might be my browser.

4. max808 said, on August 1, 2010 at 7:25 am

Well, in my delirium, I wonder aloud how this one ranked with B Johnson.’s. A agree. This was big, that was huge, coming later in the season in a pivotal game., 12 inn. Nevertheless, I immediately flashed back to that day.
    Every playoff teams seems to get a few dramatic game winning hr’s during the course of a season.. Hopefully that helps to slam the door on any Dodger comeback.

5. max808 said, on August 1, 2010 at 7:27 am

Flavor, you seem to have a knack for picking great games to attend.

6. giant head said, on August 1, 2010 at 7:28 am

Last week, I had to give the Big F U to Buster Olney. Now Tim Kurkjian is deserving of a BIG, “Fuck You, Tim!?

He calls the Giants Trade Deadline Losers. Again, “Fuck You Tim!” The only way we were getting a bat of significance ala Dunn or Hart, would require JSanchez or Bumgarner.

We have all commented on the ridiculousness of this. But of course Kurkjian is saying this as the Giants are cutting the NL West lead to 1.5 games and we still lead the Wild Card. I think more than ever I am really wanting to see this team stay intact and go into the playoffs as a “TEAM!”

Pat the Bat is certainly capable of putting up whatever numbers Guillen may have done in the last two months. Plus we need JSanchez have a strong run here for the rest of the season.

These are the same baseball analysts that are raving about the Dodger moves as they start to begin their fade, as if Lilly and company are going to rescure a team that Broxton and company have on the edge of implosion.

The Padres? Garland is having a better than his average year, but he is no horse. When has Latos or Richards or Correia pitched meaningful games in September and when have the first two pitched more than 150 innings in a season? But oh yes, all these brilliant baseball minds think Miguel Frickin Tejada and Ryan Ludwick are going to carry the Padres to the NL West title…laughable.

7. giant head said, on August 1, 2010 at 7:31 am

Cant wait for tonight’s game…it is going to be intense! I am sure we wil see some brushbacks and see where that leads.

Marlins have played great in SD…go for the sweep Fish and let’s crush the ugly Bastardos. As a sign of how meaningless the Dodger trades were, my two Dodger friends here both panend the deals as essentially coughing up valuable prospects in their minds for mediocre talent….LOL!

8. max808 said, on August 1, 2010 at 7:39 am

Pads face Josh Johnson today. Gotta like the Fish to pull off the sweep.

9. blade3colorado said, on August 1, 2010 at 7:44 am

GH, I saw the video where Tim Kurkjian included the G-Men as “losers.” Kurkjian is one of the few television analyst I respect, but like you, I disagree with him on this point. We shall see, huh?

I was surprised that the Dodgers were able to afford their trade deadline deals. All BS aside, they definitely upgraded their team. For example, Lilly’s home park situation improves, as does his projected run-support. What he lacks in velocity these days, he’s made up for in guile and . . . well, a bit of luck (.261 BABIP). This is a clear upgrade for the Dodgers. They’ve had a revolving door in the starting rotation. Lilly is a flyball pitcher, and that trait should play better in LA than it did at Wrigley.

10. EdGdsnInExile said, on August 1, 2010 at 8:06 am

Flav, I agree with you on Lopez and Ramirez. What I like about them is they’ve played with Colorado, so both know the Rockies team somewhat, and they’ve played and performed well in the brutal AL East. Both also have some October exposure. As for Bowker, I think he’s one of those guys who needs new scenery. It wasn’t going to happen here.

Kershaw has been off for six days, having served his 5-game suspension for hitting Buster. Was that the reason Billingsley had to go on short rest? Way to go Clayton. I recall that after he was thrown out, he walked through the dugout and no one spoke to him. That’s some wonderful team chemistry in La-La-Land.

11. bigflavor said, on August 1, 2010 at 8:26 am

MAX– tell me about it. I got Posey (courtesy of SanDiggityDawg), then Bumgarner’s first game and then yesterday’s. I’ve been to 2 others, can’t remember them though….
    Funny thing about yesterday, we sat down right at first pitch, gorgeous day, and the wind was definitely blowing out to left field all game. We thought we were gonna see tons of bombs get hit yesterday, by both teams, but surprisingly, only 2…..
    And the crowd was great, they didn’t let Dodger fans get anything going…..

12. xootsuit said, on August 1, 2010 at 8:42 am

Wonderful game yesterday. I went to the Brian Johnson HR game vs. the bums. That was late in the season, a whole lot on the line for both teams, extra innings, crazy events (the bases loaded DP, of course, with Beck on the mound). Different atmosphere. Of course, I wasn’t at the game yesterday, so I can’t fairly compare the live-action excitement, but yesterday’s game seemed to be more in-your-face than the ’97 game. The bums desperately needed to win yesterday, the Giants didn’t, really, although they clearly wanted to. So Burrell shot the fuckers down, and kept the Giants’ momentum going. On top of that, because the HR wasn’t a walkoff, we got the excitement of watching Mota rise to the occasion in the 9th inning. Very fine game yesterday. (Must’ve been a lot of fun to be there.)

13. Jed said, on August 1, 2010 at 9:54 am

Welcome back from the ledge, Flavor.

In response to Sabean fawners whining “everyone is unfair to Brian” shit, I credit Brian for not fucking up the deadline. This year’s model of Jim Poole-Doug Henry is more image than substance, but he didn’t lose any milk money in the process.

However, posts re feelings hurt by mean words from Olney, Riccardi, and Kurkjian are goofy. Giants were clearly the losers at the deadline … if you view July’s run as giving this season as a real window. If not, and you’re betting on 2012 (maybe 7 or 8 guys on this roster will be here, two are Rowand and Zito), then stand pat and see what happens.

One thing is clear, and Kawakami get this right for once: all the spewing over SF’s revamped farm system is exaggerated. SF just isn’t deep enough to make bigger deals.

14. bigflavor said, on August 1, 2010 at 10:07 am

And I think we are seeing the market for guys like Lewis, frandsen (back in aaa btw) and bowker. The bowker gang, in general, doesn’t do it for the rest of the league…..

15. wswinb4igo said, on August 1, 2010 at 10:08 am

No autograpgh shows up for me either…

As far as Jed badmouthing the farm system… just could be the “prospects” sought, are better, or more valuable, than what would be coming back. Not to many stiffs available for 2 month rental players….

16. bigflavor said, on August 1, 2010 at 10:20 am

Can any of u see the pic? It’s clear as day on my end. Maybe it’s too big or I need to upload it a different way.

17. JBat said, on August 1, 2010 at 10:26 am

Hey Flappers.

I agree with the Johnson comparison, it’s the first thing I thought of yesterday. Pat “The Bat” Burrell instantly became a good Giant with one swing of his bat, and none of us will ever forget what he did to put down our most hated rival.

September 18th, 1997 and July 31st, 2010. Dates linked forever in Giants history.

• EdGdsnInExile said, on August 1, 2010 at 1:21 pm

JBat, thanks for posting. The old ‘Stick! Everything seemed so innocent in ’97: players, non-manicured field, dust tornados, etc. We know it wasn’t but the enthusiasm was. How about that Stan Javier move! Good stuff!

18. JBat said, on August 1, 2010 at 10:28 am

Josh Johnson going for the Fish today. If Cain can get off the schneid and get his first win against the Doyers, we stand a good chance of being only half a game out at days end.

• JBat said, on August 1, 2010 at 10:50 am

Sorry Max, I didn’t read your post before posting mine.

19. JBat said, on August 1, 2010 at 10:28 am

Can’t see the pic here.

20. bigflavor said, on August 1, 2010 at 10:29 am

Just got a couple of texts: negative on the pic. Fuck me. I’ll try to upload it a different way when I get home. It’s a great aurograph

21. wswinb4igo said, on August 1, 2010 at 10:30 am

is that brian johnson or albert pujols….twins

22. JBat said, on August 1, 2010 at 10:49 am

The so-called baseball pundits piss me off too, but whether or not the Dodger trades help them or not, I’m really hesitant to write them or the Rockies off at this point. There’s a lot of baseball left, and getting cocky at right now is the worst thing the Giants can do.

Thankfully, the team seems to realize that as well. They’ve gotta keep pushing hard, starting tonight with brooming the Doyers. Time for Cainer to get that elusive first win.

23. Nipper said, on August 1, 2010 at 10:56 am

Pundits never get me mad. In contrast, what happens between the lines gets me hot.

24. wswinb4igo said, on August 1, 2010 at 11:01 am

I think the rivalry is back when you have Henry Schulman dissing on the dodgers beat writer dylan hernandez constantly in his tweets…Yea Henry

25. alleykat said, on August 1, 2010 at 11:01 am

I still have fond memories of Joe Morgan’s last day of the season in 1982.Both teams were in the race with Atlanta right to the end,until the Fucking Dodgers beat us the game before the season ended eliminating us.But we got the ultimate revenge when Joe blasted a 3 Run HR off Terry Forster to knock the Bums out of a chance to play a 1 game tiebreaker playoff game against Atlanta.It was beautiful watching Tommy’s face in the dugout sweating in disgust as Joe’s rounding 1st base arm fist to the sky! Basically saying if we can’t make the playoffs neither will you!

• JBat said, on August 1, 2010 at 11:15 am

ROFL! Awesome moment.

26. TedSpe said, on August 1, 2010 at 11:09 am

For what it’s worth (and I know it ain’t much) I can’t see the autograph either. In fact, I’m starting to think there’s some sort of…conspiracy going on here

27. Michael said, on August 1, 2010 at 11:10 am

The only thing clear about deadline winners and losers is that there is nothing clear about deadline winners and losers. But good time to review our own hits and misees. I’ll start with me:
    Hit: Molina/Posey. Nobody has ever hit anything better even with Posey not opening with the team. I am the only person in the universe who predicted Molina would be back even AFTER Sabean said “the ship had sailed”. Even told ya WHY he’d be back. Also called that he’d be moved by August and that Posey would be the regular catcher by August. A+++++++
    Miss: Huff. Although I liked the acquistion initilally, I backed off that. By the end of April, I was ragging him hard. F
    Hit: Torres A+
    Hit: Sandoval 2009 A+
    Miss: Sandoval 2010 F
    Hit: Bumgarner. Almost all here were saying he was either hurt or a bust. Insisted on MadBum over the cries for Hacker. A
    Hit: No on Penny. A+
    Miss: Freddy Sanchez . Even though I am right on his offensive performance, he’s as worthless as those warthog tits, he has not shown to be the malingerer I called him to be and his defense has been excellent…. D
    Hit: Uribe. Well, there’s one who virtually everyine wanted back. I wanted him back with a 1 year deal only. Done. And I’ll take credit for not bailing on him when he slumped.. B
    Hit and Miss: Wellemeyer. With Pucetas having a plus 6 ERA in AAA, I was clearly right on Todd over Kevin. But wrong that it should have been either. Iron Joe was probably the better bridge to MadBum. C
    Hit: Wilson. Called him as the closer since he first came up in 2006. Never wavered amidst TONS of calls for his removal. 2 ASG…. total A+.
    Miss: I only include this because somebody will: Lincecum for Rios. But it’s not as bad as first appeared. Rios might be the WSox MVP. Could end up closer than it seemed. But 2 CYs can’t be denied. D
    Now, to yesterday: Giants are being called losers because they didn’t get a bat. But they have several guys on the team or farm who can very realistically be the bat(s):
    Rowand. Definitely can run as hot as he does cold. A month like his April makes him the guy.
    Burrell: as much as Rowand, the guy runs hot and icy. A 6-8 HR month or two is hardly a stretch.
    Uribe: just starting to heat back up
    Panda: still hits the ball as hard than anybody in the game when he DOES connect. Those shots off the RF arcade HURT. Don’t rule him out.
    Belt: don’t be surprised to see him within the week
    Ishi: helped carry them on the 7-4 roadie.

• Cal_Stim25 said, on August 1, 2010 at 11:21 am

Hits: the blonde last night.
      Misses: the brunette.

Seriously?

28. Cal_Stim25 said, on August 1, 2010 at 11:14 am

I saw Russell Martin at a bar last night. I told him I had him on my fantasy team last year. He told me he hoped I traded him because he sucks. I told him there’s a reason he’s not on my team this year. The guys is about 5’5″. Little schmuck.

29. max808 said, on August 1, 2010 at 11:14 am

JB, no problem.

“What I like about them is they’ve played with Colorado, so both know the Rockies team somewhat, and they’ve played and performed well in the brutal AL East. Both also have some October exposure.”

A couple of good points there, Ed. We’ll see how it plays out, but that experience can’t hurt.

30. Michael said, on August 1, 2010 at 11:24 am

Saw Morgan’s HR, BJ’s, many of the greatest in SF history. Burrell’s can’t be compared to Johnson’as simply because of the time of year it went down. We may be able to point to this one in retrospect but for “at the moment” impact, drama, importance, no contest. Brian Johnson in a landslide. Morgan’s was FUN, but that’s it…

• JBat said, on August 1, 2010 at 12:00 pm

I respectfully disagree. Any time a dinger takes down the Dog-ears in a pennant race (which is what this is), it rates. 😀 Exactly the same as BJ’s or Joe’s, no, but still a hell of a moment and I guarantee we’ll all remember it. AT&T went ape-shit yesterday, so 40K + fans likely agree with me.

31. bigflavor said, on August 1, 2010 at 11:35 am

I’m with you on BUrrell’s HR not being able to match Johnson’s when you consider time of year and significance. But I honestly can’t remember a louder or longer fan celebration after Burrell hit that bomb. At least in terms of games I’ve EVER been to….

32. bigflavor said, on August 1, 2010 at 11:44 am

i got the autograph up in a new post if you guys want to check it out.

33. eddacker415 said, on August 1, 2010 at 11:44 am

How do I know ESPN sucks?
    they are showing the LA-X games all night and tonight’s Giants game as a tape delay game starting at 6am (10pm PDT).
    they don’t show the Giants even when they are the Sunday Night Game.

34. stixwiz said, on August 1, 2010 at 11:49 am

Points the national prognosticators missed in their assessments of ‘winners and losers’ was that the Giants picked up a couple of bats shortly before that which resulted in the best ML record during the month of July. I’m talking about Burrell and Posey. Added to Huff, Torres, and Uribe, Posey particularly, provided that extra element of spark which jelled the Giants offense. So though it would have been nice to have added a Willingham, Washington evidently was not suitably impressed with any prospect package the Giants were willing and able to present.

Potential offensive contributions could also develop in a couple of not improbable ways: Pablo reverts to Panda: Belt gets the callup and begins blasting away at the ML level. Either scenario would make the team offense downright nasty.

As i noted in the last posting on yesterday’s thread and as Flav has pointed out in today’s,
    the team addressed its most pressing and absolute need in trading spare parts for the essential LH bullpen artist. The spectacle of witnessing Drrrrty getting the 9th inning call to face Ethier the other night could have been the precipitant which impelled Sabean to make it Bowker as the meat to go with Ironhead’s bread to make up Pittsburgh’s new sandwich for Lopez.

Getting Javier as well as cheaply acquired Ramirez may be just enough to solidify that pen. Latest reports indicate that Runzler may be back by mid-month or so, though Affeldt is not coming around as rapidly. In any event, the pen looks decidedly more stable that it did a couple days back.

35. TedSpe said, on August 1, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Okay. I can see the autograph now.
    Speaking of conspiracy theories, this struck me as funny. My brain may be (once again) full of shit but it appears Schulman made a subtle dig at some of the folks that post on the Splash in his analysis of yesterday’s game in today’s Chronicle:

“The team is playing with extreme confidence at a time when many of the faithful were disappointed that general manager Brian Sabean did not make a splashy move”

A “splashy” move? That’s hilarious. A lot of folks that post on the Splash are okay but…a Splashy move? Perfect.
    “We didn’t sign Pujols??? WTF is Sad Beans and Botchy thinking??? Not much!!!!”

36. stixwiz said, on August 1, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Have the Giants peaked? Could they have peaked too early in the season? That has been the fate of many teams over the years, getting hot in July and then wearing down and losing it as the season wears down. There are certain characteristics which predominate in squads which go on a run. Lady Luck gets all crazy. A hitter or two goes on a tear amidst a career year. Some pitchers perform well above their norm. These ‘symptoms’ do not seem central to SFs performance last month.

In my opinion the Giants have arrived. They have developed a momentum. They have jelled as a team. Rallies to come from behind and surprising blasts to win the ballgame are now coming from all over the lineup. This could even be a team which, partly due to excellent clubhouse chemistry brewed up by the likes of Huff the Magic Dragon, has learned how to have fun. The talent is there and its no longer just a matter of having a solid 1-5 rotation. It’s also guys like Ishikawa and Renteria and even Nate once in awhile, to say nothing of Pat the Bat. There does not appear to be any dead wood on this team everybody is contributing.

True, the Dagos and the LaBumbos may have made bigger splashes in their Deadline acquisitions, but even LA sportswriters are basically saying that theirs were moves of desperation, trading off valuable prospects for essentially rentals. Will Ludwick become a difference maker for the Pads? Hard to tell. But in spite of maintaining a winning record during July, Dago has seen their once formidable lead over the Giants gradually erode down to three games in the loss column and 1.5 overall. They can feel heavy breathing at the back of their neck and louder and louder sound the Giant footsteps.

37. stixwiz said, on August 1, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Ted; Nice read between the lines.

• TedSpe said, on August 1, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Thanks stix. And astute post yourself

38. JBat said, on August 1, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Good post, stix.

39. JBat said, on August 1, 2010 at 12:16 pm

In spite of my recent rippings of Dirty, I’m glad Sabean didn’t bite and deal him for some two month rent-a-hitter. I think he got what the Giants needed, and the fact is we did add two hitters this year, in Burrell and Posey.

40. alleykat said, on August 1, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Happy 21st Birthday Madison! Some one please buy him a beer.Although after the game might be better.

• TedSpe said, on August 1, 2010 at 1:02 pm

Since tomorrow’s an off day, I’d say win or lose today, the term”blind drunk” will be bantered about tomrrow

41. Michael said, on August 1, 2010 at 12:21 pm

From the LA Times, not Twin Times:
    “Dodgers, Angels are dead at deadline…
    Give General Manager Ned Colletti credit for working the numbers enough to acquire the likes of pitcher Ted Lilly and reliever Octavio Dotel and even that second baseman with the funny name. Colletti is trying to make spaghetti sauce with ketchup packets, people, and I’m surprised he was able to acquire any player not currently serving an unpaid summer internship.
    Of course, that strange collection of dudes isn’t enough. The Dodgers haven’t had enough since spring training, except for Matt Kemp, who has suffered from too much . . . too much Rihanna, too much Hollywood, too much him.
    Anyway , it’s over now, two months left and nothing left, folks in town now free to concentrate on preparing for a different sort of fall classic: Dog pile on Lane Kiffin”

42. JBat said, on August 1, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Man, when I was 21 I was in my second year in the army. This guy is pitching for a Major League team. Must be nice.

• TedSpe said, on August 1, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Actually, lifewise experience and all, pretty fucking close.
      Appreciate it JBat. *We* appreciate what you did

• JBat said, on August 1, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Thanks Ted, I appreciate that.

43. wswinb4igo said, on August 1, 2010 at 1:33 pm

You have to admire the White Sox GM Kenny Williams…He calls Colletti and offers $1M and nothing else for Manny…

44. ferrethead said, on August 1, 2010 at 1:36 pm

I’m fine with the Giants’ moves – they took care of what we need RIGHT NOW. That bullpen was staring at the abyss, but I think they may have been pulled back from the brink. Sexy moves? No. Smart – I sure hope so.

I was at the Brian Johnson game. Took the day off, went by myself – one of my fondest memories of the ‘Stick, and I have a lot. While I think Burrell’s homer inducts him into the rank of ‘good Giant’, I don’t think it is quite as important. Again, timing plays against Burrell. Mad props for the autograph, though. That was awesome!!!

Question: Now that Theriot is a Dodger, do I have to kick him off my fantasy team?

45. JBat said, on August 1, 2010 at 1:42 pm

I envy you guys that got to be at the BJ game, but I was watching on TV. Great moment.

• ferrethead said, on August 1, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Heh heh, you said ‘BJ’…snicker

• JBat said, on August 1, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Lol!

46. alleykat said, on August 1, 2010 at 1:54 pm

Pat Burrell’s HR marked the 7th time in his career that Burrell has hit a go-ahead HR in the 8th inning or later with his team trailing.Only four other active players have done that as many times as Burrell.Jason Giambi (8) Jim Thome (8) Andruw Jones (7) and Jorge Posada (7)

47. Michael said, on August 1, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Burrell beat us a couple years ago right after we thought Rowand had won it for the Giants.

48. max808 said, on August 1, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Good bit of trivia and interesting group.

49. zumarust said, on August 1, 2010 at 2:08 pm

In the hits and misses dept.- At the end of April I said that I wasn’t convinced Huff was an everyday player. Oops.

50. delmardennis said, on August 1, 2010 at 2:22 pm

15th time’s a charm:

RF Torres
    2B Sanchez
    1B Huff
    C Posey
    LF Burrell
    3B Sandoval
    CF Rowand
    SS Renteria
    P Cain

51. delmardennis said, on August 1, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Airplanes have hits and misses, we only have guesses. Some a little more educated; others a little more lucky, but guesses nonetheless.

52. zumarust said, on August 1, 2010 at 3:09 pm

The birth of Ethier’s child came at a bad time for the Dodgers.

53. delmardennis said, on August 1, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Yep, not in tonight’s LU. We get to hate on Theriot however:

Podsednik LF, Theriot 2B, Furcal SS, Loney 1B, Kemp CF, Blake 3B, Paul RF, Martin C, Kershaw, P

54. max808 said, on August 1, 2010 at 4:06 pm

The ERA leader didn’t have it today..Padres hold on …

55. max808 said, on August 1, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Yeah, Ethier is a royal pain in the arse for Cain.

56. JBat said, on August 1, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Sweet, Ethier is out. Bummer about the Fish.

57. oldsealsfan said, on August 1, 2010 at 5:04 pm

BF, in 1997 I was living on the Gulf Coast near Tampa. This was before DirectV had their baseball option. I seldom even SAW the Giants in the morning paper due to time zones. I kept reading the posts regarding that game and wondered WTF you all were talking about.

Your video was great!!!

Thxs.

58. wswinb4igo said, on August 1, 2010 at 5:07 pm

what thread are you guys using during the game to bitch?

59. bigflavor said, on August 1, 2010 at 5:09 pm

We should use this one…

60. bigflavor said, on August 1, 2010 at 5:22 pm

I can’t read that quote from guillen even one more time. He’s too stupid to live. He REALLY can’t figure out who MLB affords a team a Japanese translator and not a Spanish one????

61. delmardennis said, on August 1, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Rihanna is a dumb ass ho.

62. delmardennis said, on August 1, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Who’s Kershaw dating, she’s a dumb ass ho too.

63. Billy said, on August 1, 2010 at 5:38 pm

I gather this is the thread for the evening…? New flap contest about who gets the box first and most often?

What was that shit about the batters box all about? I guess Cain won’t have to worry about brushing anyone off tonight.

64. alleykat said, on August 1, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Billy….That’s just Cowboy Joe West being an ASS.He always has to feel he needs to be the highlight reel in all games.I mean it’s fine he did that against Blake a Dodger Ass as well,but he doesn’t need to show a player up like that.The guy is just a DICK!!!!

65. xootsuit said, on August 1, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Nice pick and throw Renteria, great pick Aubrey Huff (defensive liaibility my ass).

66. Billy said, on August 1, 2010 at 6:29 pm

…defensive liabilities.

67. Michael said, on August 1, 2010 at 6:39 pm

Thing is, though, even the writers and announcers who saw Aubrey in ST reported how terribly he played. Something happened when the bell rang. Good for him and us.

• eddacker415 said, on August 1, 2010 at 10:18 pm

well spotted, that is the way he has played and success pushes more success for him and the tea.

68. bigflavor said, on August 1, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Let’s post at the top post this is screwing everyone up

69. wswinb4igo said, on August 1, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Rent!!!

70. alleykat said, on August 1, 2010 at 6:59 pm

That was a nice piece of hitting by Rent!Huge triple!

71. stixwiz said, on August 1, 2010 at 6:59 pm

RENTMAN! Clutttttch!

72. bigflavor said, on August 1, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Post on the burrell pic thread

73. stixwiz said, on August 1, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Bochy sure picked the right pitcher for the 7th: Matt the Horse.

74. EdGdsnInExile said, on August 1, 2010 at 9:43 pm

From the AP wrap of the game: “Nine of the Giants’ 10 runs in the series came with two outs.” Now that’s a nice stat to read.

Great snag by Huff, a veteran piece of hitting by Renteria, nice aggressive base-running by Rowand with the steal, great debut by Lopez, and Wilson was impressive.

Watching Kershaw’s play, Furcal throwing one away, and Martin bouncing it into 2nd, you realize these daily efforts are separating us from them. That’s what makes a team 16-4. You do all the little things right. And then you get breaks like the sun in Kemp’s eyes.