A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Pat Burrell and Dirrrrty’s Mouth…..

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 13, 2010

Burrell is the first ever 3 straight game POTG. Again, thank you Tampa Bay…….

Tonight’s game is everything. As I posted a few days ago, I LOVED Dirrrty’s bold prediction, especially after that tough Atlanta series. Now he gets to go out and set the tone. If we dominate the Pads tonight, his prediction will be in full swing to the wire at the quarter pole. If he gets knocked around and if the overrated Richard cobbles together a goodie, Dirrrrrty looks like a chump and, more importantly, we prove we are the same team that this toothless bully has been beating up all year long. All or nothing.  I love it……

1. zumarust said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Wow. Good eye.

2. ChiPower said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Demolition Man! Send ’em home happy!

3. zumarust said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:16 pm

How about Ishi to PH?

4. delmardennis said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:16 pm

No Ishi?

5. Nipper said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Get Dennis some drugs.

6. ChiPower said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Night Flappers. I’m feeling sick, but it is a new day tomorrow….

7. zumarust said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:18 pm

A flub by Bochy at the end. It’s got to be Ishi, and then if the Giants tie, move Huff to the outfield.

• ChiPower said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Been way too many of those of late (flubs)…

8. ChiPower said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:18 pm

See ya on the ledge, Denny…

9. zumarust said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:20 pm

Jonathan Sanchez didn’t back up his words. He got outpitched.

• TedSpe said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Ya think?

10. Michael said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:20 pm

Ishi was for the pitcher. ..
    Dennis, I have a fucking factory here, whaddya want? temazepam, ativan, nortriptyline , citalopram…

• TedSpe said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:21 pm

ALL OF THE ABOVE

11. zumarust said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:22 pm

A crap game from Rowand. His last hurrah anyway. Won’t see much of him from here on out.

12. TedSpe said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:23 pm

zum, my apologies.
    So fucking what. Their BP….just works

13. delmardennis said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:23 pm

“Travis Ishikawa in on deck just in case…” In case for what? Rowand flings his bat on strike 3 and he can pick it up for him?

Jesus cocksuckingmotherfucking Christ. I am pissed off to no end. They OWN us. Fucking OWN us.

Dirty needs to STFU for the rest of the year. Speaking of years, it’s the Friars fucking yr. Admit it. God loves them this year. Us? not so much.

What time do we lose tomorrow? Oh, 1:00 National TV on Fox. I bet that mean a shitload of Teabaggers will be watching. Maybe they know how to beat the Padres. We certainly sure the hell don’t know how.

14. wswinb4igo said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:23 pm

He could’ve used ishi, then wudda had to use fontenot for the pitcher if ishi extends it..instead he stayed with rowand for the prayer of the long ball

15. Michael said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Come on, Rowand was 3 for 8 against Bell.

• wswinb4igo said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:26 pm

It was the right call to stay with Rowand

16. IH1978 said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Sanchez statement added much more pressure, now we just look stupid. The Pads are better than any of the WC contenders. More pressure on Bum

17. zumarust said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Plus, Posy is hitting the “rookie wall” and might need to be moved down the lineup once in a while. It’s a lot of pressure for a rook to bat cleanup all the time anyway.

18. TedSpe said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:25 pm

5 game winning streak by SD. It can’t go on. It can’t.
    I bet any one here Giants take the series.
    The SD downfall *must* begin

19. delmardennis said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:28 pm

I AM PISSED.

Just wanted to let that be known. I love all you guys. If I say anything offensive, I apologize.
    I am sick and tired of losing to these assholes. I really can’t take it much longer.

Exhibition football coming up in two minutes on the NFLN. Chiefs at Falcons on tape delay.
    I really am sick.

20. zumarust said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:28 pm

Ted, I’m thrilled to split the remaining two. We just don’t match up well with these guys for some reason.

21. TellItGoodbye said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:29 pm

I heard that Rowand was 3-for-8 against Bell and I just couldn’t believe it. Wanted to look up when that was, because it just SEEMED like a hopeless matchup the way Rowand can’t seem to layoff a slider out of the zone. OH well …one surprise, he struck out on one up and in, just for something different.

Ted … appreciate the emotion, but why must it begin? What will the GIANTS do differently .. .isn’t that what’s important? Giants gave away this one, and it seemed like they gave away most of the earlier 8, so the Padres will be glad to keep taking them.

22. zumarust said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:30 pm

Keep the faith, Dennis. Maybe Guillen gives us that little bit extra to get over the Padre hump.

23. TedSpe said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:30 pm

3 things on these recent comments:
    1) Sanchez’s comments had nothing to do with this. “Comments” have nothing to do with game results
    2) Posey batting 4th is *not* too much pressure. batting 4th only means anything in the 1st inning or if there’s a no hitter going through 6 innings.
    3) It’s a loss. A loss. Ya know? These things happen. Giants are still a better team.

24. alleykat said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:30 pm

Fuck this Padre Team!!!!!! And i still say they should of run Burriss in the 8th.They weren’t getting anything going late in this game.Fucking force the action.Your the home team show your fans how much you want this win.

25. wswinb4igo said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Oh stop whining…uribe gets it out of glove and we’re still playing…Come on…We’ll win the next 2 and the beat will go on.

26. TedSpe said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:33 pm

What will the Giants do differntly then today? Simple

Win

27. xootsuit said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:35 pm

stop whining
    good adviice
    not the best they could have played and they still nearly won
    take two, now
    damn, I’m pissed. time for some blues.

28. Nipper said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Feel the rage!

29. Michael said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Well, you can believe it, asswipe, he was 3 for 8 and the suggestion that he should have been PH for is idiocy…
    And no, “we” don’t look stupid, IdiotHead1978. *One* guy popped off a little. Big fucking deal. Lots of little things decided this, not just Sanchez…
    Those who are coming from a different place: IH and TellitGB: go back to where you came from. Trolls have a distinctive smell. You boys got it.

30. delmardennis said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Right call to stick with Rowand? Surely you jest. 8 ABS means diddly squat. Squadoosh. He also had 4 Ks if you want to use *8* ABs.
    Rowand vs RHP .247 .284. .390 .674
    Ishi vs RHP .316 .363 .482 .845 That includes all 3 of his HRs., and 19 of his 21 RBI. That’s all Travis does, hit RHP. Mostly not his fault, they don’t let him hit lefties.

Matt Bryant GOOD from 20 yds. out. Falcons lead 3-0. I told ya I’m sick.

31. zumarust said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:39 pm

And I’m about done with Franchez. He hurt our chances last season, and he’s coming up small again this season. We have other options now.

32. TedSpe said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:42 pm

I understand the frustration going on here. It’s cool. But considering, for whatever reason, the Padres just keeps beating the Giants…it’s just some weird kind of fucking thing that’s happening this year. It’s frustrating because basically, let’s face it, the Giants are a superior team.
    So, in reality, unless Bud Black has made a pact with Satan, I’m taking this loss as water off the back. When the Giants are on, they make the Padres look like Ed Moose’s softball team (God Bless You Ed Moose. Luv ya, chief!!!)
    I’m just not sweating this loss.
    Frankly, I expected it.
    In the immortal words of a character played by an actress who died semi-insane:
    “Tomorrow’s another day”
    Goodnight, gentlemen (question mark)

33. Michael said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Rowand vs. Bell: If you must know when and what, this year he had faced him twice. On May 11, down by one in the 9th he flied out to the wall in RF. On May 18, tied in the 9th, he singled to right, moving Downs to second. Last year he struck out twice against him. That’s recent enough history.

34. Michael said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Your “heads will roll” bullshit day day in and day out is an old fucking schtick. Take some of the drugs I listed, really. You are in desperate need of tranks. Maybe a horse medication.

35. wswinb4igo said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:51 pm

Also, I still can’t believe that shot by AH didn’t go out…Can you imagine the mood around here if it did…

Padres are better…my ass

36. Michael said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:55 pm

Sure it’s frustrating. They won this one as they won the games earlier. Little things they either did or we didn’t do. If it continues, they WILL win this. But it won’t. It’s still a 162 game season, not 117.

37. Sportdude said, on August 13, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Dennis,

ishi isn’t gonna hit lefties either now. He is out of a job with Guillen playing 4-5 days a week in right (see slpash)…

38. EdGdsnInExile said, on August 13, 2010 at 11:07 pm

Two things: one, our hitters–memorably, Rowand, Sanchez, Pablo, Uribe–unwillingness to hit a ball to the opposite field. In many of the cases, it’s a pitch that’s been left up and his hittable, but they hold back because its on the outside part of the plate. Then when they’ve got the pitcher’s pitch where they want it they pull it and ground out. This is not new, but is glaring now, and show’s a lack of maturity. Buster however was doing it early on in his streak. Other thing is it seems to me Panda has even more tics than I remember. He seems to be almost jumping out of his skin up there. Hensley, what say you?

• TellItGoodbye said, on August 13, 2010 at 11:16 pm

Ed, I’m not sure about that criticism. I think Sanchez, Pablo and Uribe have shown plenty of willingness to go the opposite way. Maybe Sanchez hasn’t been successful, but at times it appears he’s obsessed with going to right, maybe to his detriment. I’ll check the hit charts and get back to you, but I’m remembering multiple hits the opposite way for Sandoval and Uribe recently. Pablo was very calm recently, but I didn’t see his PAs tonight except the walk in the 9th.

39. Michael said, on August 13, 2010 at 11:13 pm

Panda hit a ball hard to RF his first AB, gets a lot of hits opposite field, and Uribe regularly goes that way. Sanchez also hits to RF a lot. Not sure where you’re coming from on that, Ed. Pablo has been hitting well this month, had two hard hit balls tonight, and he still gets shit with every out he makes.

40. Michael said, on August 13, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Lose a game or two and this place turs into the Splash. Night all.

41. delmardennis said, on August 13, 2010 at 11:18 pm

TF, admit it. If you were writing out tonight’s LU card you would have had Ishi’s name instead of Rowand’s.

And I’m a baseball moron? Ha! What a fucking crock of shit. I know a helluva a lot more than you think or care to give me credit. But I don’t care that you think that. I know what i know. I need no affirmation. And What I know is simply this: We cannot beat the San Diego Padres this year. 1-8 is 1-8 is 1 and motherfucking 8 no matter how you slice it.

Pathetic and embarrassing is what it is. A damn crying shame.

And I’d appreciate if you’d knock off with the fucking drug jokes. Yes, I am on drugs. I’m taking something to help control my seizures, and I just recently found out I have a goddamn compression fracture of the spine. Suffice to say, I”m not in the best of moods. The Giants losing to the goddamn fucking Padres every damn time isn’t helping matters.

42. delmardennis said, on August 13, 2010 at 11:27 pm

For any one you looking for a sleeper FF K, don’t go looking for Ryan Succop of the Chiefs. Preseason or no, he sucks.

Still 3-0 Birds.

43. EdGdsnInExile said, on August 13, 2010 at 11:28 pm

I should have caveated my comment by saying ‘you guys see them more than I do’ because you do and I have to go to the pub to watch. Just seemed to me they were more comfortable going to opposite fields early on. I didn’t see the first couple innings tonight. Regardless, when I’ve seen them lately, I haven’t seen much of it. So chalk my comment up to ‘He should get out more.’

• TellItGoodbye said, on August 14, 2010 at 12:44 am

Then again, you probably aren’t really wrong. The Giants have some hackers, and some of them make up their minds they’re going to pull the ball before they read it. They don’t lead the league in offensive adjustments.

44. delmardennis said, on August 14, 2010 at 12:05 am

Bonus Puzzle tonight on the Wheel. PLACE

–OO–
    CO–RT

The stoopid bitch couldn’t get it. I bet the Panda would have got it. He’s been to this place a few times. 🙂

See ya in the morning guys. I like Madison, kid’s got moxie. No fear type. He’ll bring it tomorrow. Go get ’em.

45. mrmrbill said, on August 14, 2010 at 1:56 am

Well, the front office should at least put a muzzle on JSanchez’ predictions. At least the one’s that pertain to events in the future. For Flavor’s sake, I picked out a POTG so he doesn’t have to go searching: http://christopherfountain.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/chicken-feet.jpg