A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

At What End of the Rotation are We at Right Now?

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 20, 2010

Dirrrrty saved us yesterday and now we turn to MadBum for another necessary step-up stud performance. This Dirrrrty/Bum exacta  feels preferable to a Lincecum/Cain debacle, doesn’t it? Not sure where Zito fits in, he’s a shaky 3, I guess. We don’t really have a NUMERO UNO  these days, as is evidenced by the starting staffs stunning failure to ever notch a win for themselves. Dirrrrty is the only guy to “stand out” in the win column with his bounty of two over the last 3 weeks. That’s freaking pathetic…..

This is a dangerous time for the team with the starting pitching laboring on the edge of unreliable and marginally competent. But Dirrrrty’s performance last night can’t be understated. It was huge, maybe the best start of the year for one of those 5…….

I thought we matched up well with Philly but they easily took 2 from us. I feel the same way about St Louis, I think we match up well with them. Regardless of what happens tonight, the spotlight will be squarely on Timmy tomorrow. We can’t win this thing without a #1 to carry us the rest of the year. Dirrrrty isn’t a #1, despite his 2 (two) victories over the last 17 days. Mr Cy Young is that guy. Or maybe he’s not, we’ll find out soon enough…….

1. TedSpe said, on August 20, 2010 at 8:16 pm

I love hanging out at the Bamboo Grove

2. Michael said, on August 20, 2010 at 8:18 pm

I’ll put some details on my imminent departure on the previous thread later tonight. As before, don’t read it unless you are a “friend”. And comment there, not here…
    Now:
    Unbelivable there was “pre-bitching” about Bochy’s handling the pen. He’s acknowledged as one of the best in the game and his pen’s performances reflect it. He’s the master. Leave it to Bruce…
    I recall a LOT of shit from the rabble when I said a couple weeks ago that Bumgarner is the guy I want for one game. Now it’s common knowledge. The starting 5:
    Just reverse 1,2,3,4,5 and you got it…

3. TedSpe said, on August 20, 2010 at 8:18 pm

By the way, where’s twin/Michael?

4. TedSpe said, on August 20, 2010 at 8:19 pm

Okay. that was just spooky.
    Hi twin

5. Giant Head said, on August 20, 2010 at 8:20 pm

Pawlie, I just go back from there…

6. PawlieKokonuts said, on August 20, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Brantingham.

7. xootsuit said, on August 20, 2010 at 8:30 pm

So what do fans do when their team really sucks in August? Mariners fans:

8. macdog said, on August 20, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Brewers win!

9. Michael said, on August 20, 2010 at 8:31 pm

Hello, Ted…. Stix, Romo is the 8th inning guy whether Casilla is here or not. Santiago has had some nice outings of late as the long guy and he’s fine right there. No way I want Houdunnit anywhere near the 8th inning with a 1 or 2 run lead. Sergio and Lopez are the key guys setting up Wilson.

• TedSpe said, on August 20, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Houdunnit? Oh you kid!

10. alleykat said, on August 20, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Stupid Ass LaRussa bitching to the media after the game,that Wilson got strikes he didn’t deserve.What a pompous Asshole and i hope they fine his ASS big time!Just Bush league and a sore Loser as always.

• TedSpe said, on August 20, 2010 at 8:43 pm

That’s “Busch” league.
      But yeah, but fuck LaRussa. Don’t get me wrong, the man’s not without talent as a manager. But he’s been constantly blessed with extraordinary talent on his teams.
      St. Louis’ pitchers aren’t to die for but *I* would have a 86-86 record as manager with that lineup

• TedSpe said, on August 20, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Uhm…that includes playoffs (mathy issues)

11. giant head said, on August 20, 2010 at 8:38 pm

we were west of Dannemora

12. EdGdsnInExile said, on August 20, 2010 at 8:48 pm

Not sure why I’m writing this now, but I have to say Flav, great blog, and Twin, thanks for encouraging me to leave the Splash. Tonight was a good mix of partisanship, humor, nasty flareups, and cleverness. I’m not here a lot, and don’t post regularly, but I follow along. You’re a bunch of entertaining nuts to share the game with.

• TedSpe said, on August 20, 2010 at 8:59 pm

Thanks but…”entertaining nuts”?
      Too many metaphors. Dangerous ground, my friend

13. Michael said, on August 20, 2010 at 8:50 pm

LaRussa is just working for some calls the rest of the weekend…

• TedSpe said, on August 20, 2010 at 8:57 pm

Does what he did work?

• Michael said, on August 20, 2010 at 9:02 pm

I don’t know.

• TedSpe said, on August 20, 2010 at 9:06 pm

Just worth a shot, eh?

14. stixwiz said, on August 20, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Michael; Might have confused you with my comment on Casilla. Wasn’t looking at him so much for the setup role but for his fireman moxie. Romo has been up and down a bunch recently so he makes me a bit nervous. Lopez has been a good pickup. Hoping Affeldt can get it back. About 11 days and we can look forward to Runzler, Edlefsen and Ray.

Noted it earlier in the evening that the Cardinals LU does not look particularly scary so long as the ducks are not on the pond for Pujols. Holliday isn’t bad, but the kinda money they put into him makes the Rowand contract look almost tolerable. That team misses Ludwick more than they can possibly gain from Westbrook. Usually the Redbirds are shrewd dealers, but they are looking stoopid on that one. Kyle Lohse on Sunday does not look too formidable.

This series could restore the Giants to something approaching respectability, particularly if the Dagos start sweating those Brewmeisters. Their BP finally looked a bit vulnerable tonight and LeBlanc waded into deep, deep doo-doo.

• TedSpe said, on August 20, 2010 at 9:05 pm

I usually never disagree with you but Holliday? He’s doing a smooch better than Rowand.
      And I rarely use the word smooch

• delmardennis said, on August 20, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Skosh?

• TedSpe said, on August 20, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Yes, dennis, skosh
        But I was trying to make a lame “gay” joke.
        I know. poor taste

15. stixwiz said, on August 20, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Point on Holliday was based on performance rendered vs. money laid out. Giants definitely overpaid Rowand, particularly for the amount of time involved for the outlay. Though Holliday’s no doubt a better player, the Cardinals are in deep for a long, long time with him. Over the long haul, he is gonna cost them more buck for the bang than Rowand has, will for the Giants.

16. TedSpe said, on August 20, 2010 at 10:07 pm

Well? That’s a good thing isn’t it?

• Unca Chuck said, on August 20, 2010 at 10:22 pm

It depends on if you are pitching or catching . . .

17. Unca Chuck said, on August 20, 2010 at 11:14 pm

This thing on?

Good night folks . . . try the veal and tip your waitresses . . .

18. Marvin benard said, on August 21, 2010 at 12:20 am

Any word on uribes z rayed foot ?

• delmardennis said, on August 21, 2010 at 12:25 am

No, but his X-rayed foot game back negative.

• TedSpe said, on August 21, 2010 at 6:03 am