A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

A “Virtual Tie”

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 11, 2010

I have no idea how you guys decided to make THAT the thing to perseverate on at the end of the last thread. First place? Not first place? I didn’t think about that for a second after we won last night. I’m not even thinking about it if we sweep these chumps this weekend. Where they are in the standings at this point only has to do with leverage. And after the first two games I say that we have that, without question. We are % points behind, everyone can see that. But we have the psychological edge on the Padres AND we have assured ourselves of not losing any ground from where we were on Wednesday. As I’ve been highlighting for weeks now, the Padres are about to hit the road for 10 straight games with exactly one day of rest left in the entire month of September. Latos and Richard can’t pitch every game. They are DONE. If we had lost 3 or 4 we would be sucking wind and they’d have the leverage on us from here on out. But they didn’t do that. I’ll take a win this weekend, two would be divine, but we are all good from here on out. We won the division last night with that victory. Book it……

1. IH1978 said, on September 11, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Karros is an idiot, but he may be right. Buster needs to shut his pie-hole with veteran umps

2. JBat said, on September 11, 2010 at 3:28 pm

Stauffer looked tough. A lot of movement on his pitches, and the ump was helping him out some. The Giants did themselves no favors by waving at balls out of the zone.

3. Michael said, on September 11, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Maybe he’ll learn. The catcher should not be griping about ball and strike calls when he’s at bat, he was stupid. And with the arrogant Cuzzi behind the dish tomorrow: double stupid.

4. giant head said, on September 11, 2010 at 4:12 pm

we were going to have one of these let down games, hopefully the Padres dont think they back in control. We could use a nice slap down tomorrow, but I expect a 2-1 grind with us on top tomorrow…

5. DJLoo said, on September 11, 2010 at 4:23 pm

I hope our very veteran team isn’t starting to wear down…

6. bigflavor said, on September 11, 2010 at 4:37 pm

Wearing down? Please. They got shut out, big deal. Who is our trainer? That dude should get a raise, this is the second year in a row where we have incurred no serious injury. That’s amazing.

7. DJLoo said, on September 11, 2010 at 4:42 pm

When a team is completely listless on a day game after a night game, it’s a possibility, Flav. Last night wasn’t exactly a show of strength either.

8. bigflavor said, on September 11, 2010 at 4:46 pm

I already explained that loo: too many whores last night. You, of all people, shoulda guessed that

9. TedSpe said, on September 11, 2010 at 4:50 pm

This is going to be corny and stupid. But it’s from the heart.
    I was happy enough yesterday knowing at *worse* the Giants had a split. This just makes tomorrow more enticing
    Baseball, at its best, is an evergoing comedy/drama.
    If your team is a contender? Come September? You are emotionally entertained. And I thank all of you regulars here for allowing me the opportunity to emotionally entertain myself and to continually make a verbal ass of myself. I love you guys.

It’s 9/11. BASEBALL, and my love and passion for it, will not be taken away from me.
    God bless America. God bless our troops.

• delmardennis said, on September 11, 2010 at 5:09 pm

Thanks, Ted. I can honestly say, you’re a gentlemen. (no question mark).

10. Michael said, on September 11, 2010 at 4:53 pm

I told you, it’s the fucking idiots screaming “we’re in first” who jinxed today.

• delmardennis said, on September 11, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Chuck started that shit. Chuck’s a blooming idiot, but we already knew that. But I’m probably the #1 “contributor” to his blog, so I guess that says a lot about myself as well.

Alex gonna throw for 350 or 400 tomorrow? I want to make a note of it for the record.

• unca chuck said, on September 11, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Ferrethead started it . . .

11. Michael said, on September 11, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Anyway, a third straight 1-0 contest would hardly be a surprise.

12. bigflavor said, on September 11, 2010 at 5:47 pm

latos pitching with Cuzzi behind the plate? We are fucked tomorrow unless we get very aggressive at the plate. Don’t let that fucker Cuzzi do us the way today’s HP umpire did us…….

13. Michael said, on September 11, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Buster should have let Bochy do the bitching but some of the calls were blatantly retaliation. Baggarly thinks they’ll send tapes to the league. In a 1-0 game that strike zone could make the difference. It extends to more than the actual missed calls- hitters then have to cover bad pitches. It was bullshit.

14. alleykat said, on September 11, 2010 at 6:06 pm

One thing Tim needs to do right away tomorrow is cleat rake that fucking stupid SD logo behind the mound.He can draw a big SF logo or a Marijuana leaf instead.

15. dirtnrocksnreno said, on September 11, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Saw that Bagg link too. Interesting to say the least. Take care of business tomorrow and it is forgotten.

16. Michael said, on September 11, 2010 at 8:04 pm

Three *called* strikes to Church to end it. CO 9 in a row. What a 3 weeks this will be…

17. oldsealsfan said, on September 11, 2010 at 8:21 pm

FYI, fear the Duck!

18. DJLoo said, on September 11, 2010 at 8:38 pm

If nobody skips a turn and a playoff game is necessary it lands on Bummie’s day.

19. unca chuck said, on September 11, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Hey, had to take a look, and it was your virtual wife that started it, Mike, not me.

Don;t go casting aspersions . . .

20. Michael said, on September 11, 2010 at 9:55 pm

Well, I put a time release remote virus on all my PCs. So if she pisses me off, the computer turns into an electric tuna squeezer. But anyway, your defense is that little Jean started it? The Lemming Defense. Maybe Snarkk will represent you at trial..

• unca chuck said, on September 11, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Well, someone accused me of starting the whole deal.

Just pointing out the facts, ma’am..

• Michael said, on September 11, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Denny said you started it, I think I just said a fucking asshole did.

• ferrethead said, on September 11, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Well, that’s no incentive to behave – I need an electric tuna squeezer.

I wasn’t going to say anything, because I hated to think you equated me with the ‘fucking morons’, but I don’t take it personally. I got your point…I just was excited about being 0 back. Plus, I had plenty of company. I thought your comments every four or five posts – ‘uh guys, we’re not in first place’ – were really funny!

21. unca chuck said, on September 11, 2010 at 9:58 pm

BF, after reading your thread, momentum is a very fickle date. SD wins tomorrow, against our #1, it’ll do a lot to boost their mojo going into their roadie.

It still likely kills them, but doesn’t slow down Colo at all.

That being said, the Giants would be well-served taking care of business tomorrow. Time is growing short.

22. Michael said, on September 11, 2010 at 10:11 pm

On a serrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrious note: I’m a big numbers guy, follow the peripherals, all that shit. But sorry: if Sabathia wins 20 , there is zero way King Felix gets the CY. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Did I say it would be wrong? Wins still count for SOMETHING. If Felix wins out, I’ll revisit the issue, But for now: no 15, no CY. I don’t give a shit if it’s 14-0, 0.80 ERA.
    There are standards to be upheld.

23. Michael said, on September 11, 2010 at 10:35 pm

I was asked: “Dear Michael, you speak of Room B. What is that? How does one get there? Can one get out? What’s the address? Wet bar?”
    Answers:
    Room B is the permanent residence of PickledGringo. Since he pays no rent, he is the groundskeeper.
    One gets there by emulating PG.
    You may be able to get out. It would depend upon my mood. Which is always lousy.
    The address is “Room B”, idiot.
    There is a wet bar on the staff PC screen saver. Beautiful people are having a wonderful time.

24. Michael said, on September 11, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Oh: be careful when entering via the garden path. It is strewn with broken glass, overrun with weeds, and dangerous to navigate. Remember: PG is the groundskeeper.

25. delmardennis said, on September 11, 2010 at 10:55 pm

I think I miss the padded walls of Room B most of all. They would come in handy for tomorrow, ’cause if Jimmy Raye does the “Run, Run, Pass, Punt Dance,” I’ll crack my skull against the goddamn drywall.

I have the right to revise this before kick off, but as of right now, 49ers 24 Seahawks 13

I hate when I predict the score right on the total, it’s never close.

26. TedSpe said, on September 11, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Room B is easy to get in to.
    And just as easy to get out of.
    I’ve been there.
    And I’ve gotten out.
    See, Room B is for fucking stupid motherfuckers what has no repentance.
    None at all
    Loving the Giants ain’t enuff
    You can be an idiot (present company as evidence) but don’t be such an idiot as to question a LU when, frankly, with the exception of shitholtz,…
    Okay.