A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

One Win Away from The Money

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 16, 2010

82 wins on the season. The next win hits the over on *the Vegas insider* spread— they set it at 82.5 at the start of the season. I have that plus a much larger wager with my A’s buddy that hits once the Giants win their 89th game of the year…..

After 15 straight innings of ineptitude, the Giants finally scored a run. Fontenot wouldn’t be everyone’s POTG but he’s mine with room to spare. Plus I read somewhere once that wide chicks need props, too. 🙂 Anyway,  he hit the ball hard all night with nothing to show for it. Finally, where so many others had failed he delivered against  a tough pitch to hit, muscling it into right field. Obviously, most of the team was critical to this win including Cain, the bullpen and Sandoval for making contact on a night that he looked like he wasn’t going to come within a foot of hitting the ball. He deserves credit for doing what he had to do in that situation. I still have no idea WTF he was doing in that first at bat with the bases loaded……….

This is going to be a very tough game to win tonight. I’m no Lilly fan but he’s a lefty who doesn’t walk too many guys– that’s the death combo to toss at our offense. Pray that Dirrrrty finds his stuff and just hope for another scratched out victory. 2-1 or so………

1. Michael said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:41 pm

The only guy Snarkklefuck ever rode more relentlessly was Renteria, BTW..

2. stixwiz said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Nice RENTal. Freddy’s gone fabulous too. And its not only his Gold Glove class fielding. Looks like Link is in the sink.

3. stixwiz said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Good call Zooms. Howdja like my party?

• eddacker415 said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:55 pm

September 16 2010 a date that will be remembered, thanks stix

4. unca chuck said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Rent and Font looking good right about now.

5. stixwiz said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Sweet revenge. Smell it. LaBumbos been a long time deserving this evening.

6. TedSpe said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:45 pm

Posey!! Fucking 2 for 5.
    BENCH HIM!!
    Giants=Tortu….Day Spa

7. DJLoo said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Foe my MIA friend GR: Fuck them and their 5 LA WS titles!

8. zumarust said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Great party, Stix!!
    —–
    Dennis, I don’t know about Loo, but here’s my post from about 4:30 today:
    “I’m making the call- the slowest lineup ever in major league history. Watch them go for 10 runs now to blow people’s minds.”

• TedSpe said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Cue the Henry Mancini music

9. unca chuck said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Better 1 title now than 5 22years ago.

10. TedSpe said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Loving it. Bochy’s still warming up pitchers. Man’s thinking PS

11. stixwiz said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:50 pm

POTG. Wanna say Drrrrty. But its the whole blessed Halloween Machine.

12. delmardennis said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, your first place San Francisco Giants.

13. dirtnrocksnreno said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Does this mean SF is in 1st place???

14. ferrethead said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Woo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoo!!! First place, BABY!!!

15. wswinb4igo said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:51 pm

congrats…maybe my movin day post should re appear…Dennis ..let’s draw out now…

16. TedSpe said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:51 pm

FIRST PLACE BABY, YEAH!!!!

17. unca chuck said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Can I say it now?????

Ist place, baby!

• zumarust said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Say it, people!

• TedSpe said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Yarp

18. freshtodef80 said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Hell Yeah!!!

19. alleykat said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:54 pm

1st Place Giants!!!! Has a nice feel to it finally!No percentage point BS.No looking back now!

• TedSpe said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:56 pm

No no. We still have to wait to hear what everyone’s RISP is before we can get happy

20. Giant Head said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:56 pm

How appropriate that the night we move into first place is with Sanchez’ arm….now it is time to not look back!

21. snarkk said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Nuttin mo betta than an absolute trouncing of the Doggers. And, an Ishi sighting to boot. I say play this LU again. WTF Not?…

22. TedSpe said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:58 pm

Did Gomez pitch tonight?

23. Sportdude said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:59 pm

POTG..
    Renteria.. Bunt hit was beautiful! Set the tone for the whole inning…
    1st has a nice feel to it. Go Dodgers!

24. eddacker415 said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:59 pm

It is why they play 162 games you blog-ites
    no talk of trading Sanchez tonight, no agonising over RISP and I can’t remember a blockhead reference.

Humm, Baby

25. Giant Head said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:59 pm

And done without Torres, without Panda doing much of anything for weeks…Remarkable! When was the last time we were in first in September? 2004?

26. delmardennis said, on September 16, 2010 at 9:59 pm

I predicted that we’d hit three “tatters” tonight. Check. I predicted that they’d come from Huff, Guillen and Burrell. Check, check and a swing and a miss. I’ll blame the swing and a miss on Rowand. 😆

• snarkk said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Better get busy on the next pik six, you’re on a roll…

• Michael said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:06 pm

And trashed the LU. You get zero credit. You’re like your pal, Soph: a concern troll…

27. TedSpe said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:05 pm

Aaah..but that fucking doomer GiantHead predicted 45 runs

28. stixwiz said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Thanx Giants for the best birthday in years and years. Didn’t wanna call it, but weeks ago i had a hunch it would be tonight. Nothing can be finah than that Basin named for China in September ~ except could be October. Thank you again Twin for the Puter with the video stream. Thanks Kostaz for the stream. Thanks WSW for cueing me to the site. Thanx Flappers for the whole blessed party.

Was smokin some stuff from a small stash i’d totally forgotten about. Ten year old magic stuck away in an odd corner (don’t clean house often) one year before i was busted for 63 plants and some stuff in the house in a pickle jar and in a cottage cheese container. Doing a bit of rummaging around on a rainy day recently. No. Come to think about it, the magic elixir has to be 11 or 12 yr old medicine, cause it was without seeds. Couldn’t keep a runty little guy from hiding under the skirts of some humongous girls there in ’01. Too bad the Millennial wasn’t in more quantity. Oh well, it sure went for a good cause tonight. Speaking of runty little guys, how bout that little second baseman? Yet another Sabean mistake. He should make more like that.

First place in the West. Any postseason team could look at tonight’s presentation and get a bad case of the willies. Anyone who does not believe that Jonathan Sanchez has not arrived has to be some kinda teabagger with his head up the gazoozle. The whole staff is having a September to remember. The magic is on. The timing is perfect. Come on in Brewers. The water is fine and some of those micros from the Bay Area beat the piss outta that television beer sudssed up in Milwaukee. Chocolate stout, anyone? Having a nip of Irish Cream right now. St. Brendans.

Party on!

29. alleykat said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:15 pm

Real nice site for Giant fans at the park,changing the pennants on the flag pole in RF for all the west clubs,now moving the Giants flag on top as the crowd goes crazy!

30. TedSpe said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:16 pm

The season’s still not over. There will be ups and there will be downs. But this is a FUCKING GREAT Pennant run.
    I love the Giants and I love my life
    I just hate that Republican rich bitch Governor candidate
    I realize this is a non-partisan blog so my apologies to you fucks who like her
    Posey? RoY
    Get well Torres
    Stix, again? Happy Birthday
    Giants…what can I say…Giants. Simply that. Giants. Gonna be there tomorrow for the game. Going to be late so probably won’t get a Posey T-Shirt.
    Bummer
    Goodnight, gentlemen (question mark)

31. stixwiz said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:20 pm

More synchronitcity: Giants with 16 gems to play coming into the 16th. As of the 16th Lilly’s record is 8-11. Sanchez is 11-8.

32. JBat said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:20 pm

First place!!!!

33. stixwiz said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Enjoy the game, Ted. Maybe instead of a Posey t-shirt, you’ll get the consolation prize instead: Buster’s 15th.

34. wswinb4igo said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Happy birthday Stix…

I can actually go to dodger stadium and fit right in for once, rooting for the home team their next 6 games…

35. delmardennis said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:27 pm

“You’re like your pal, Soph: a concern troll…”

I’ve been called many a things in my life that are true, a troll isn’t one of them.

Go fuck yourself you pompous bastard.

• zumarust said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Come on now, Dennis. That’s a little rough. You have to give TF this- while we all wet our pants throughout the season, he stays defiantly positive. This is TF’s night as much as anyone’s.

• delmardennis said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Rough my fucking ass. Him staying positive hasn’t a goddamn thing to do with it either. He called me something that I am not, and I have a problem with that. And frankly, zumie, it’s none of your goddamn business what I tell him to go do.

36. ferrethead said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Where the hell did my comment go? You know, this level of genius doesn’t come easily – it take time to craft my pithy remarks!!!!!! Dammit – I’ll see if I can recontruct the brilliance that is a FH post…

Woo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoo!!! First place, BABY!!!

Yeesh, just exhausting…

37. EdGdsnInExile said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:33 pm

What a great way to win the season series (10-8) too.

• ferrethead said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Test…

38. Macdog said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Nothing virtual about the standings now. And here’s a little shout-out to the Cubbies for giving us last night’s POTG and dumping tonight’s bum on the Bums.

Lilly surrendering those bombs tonight reminded me when he was with the Yanks in ’02 and Bonds launched a monster shot off him that landed in the RF upper deck at Yankee Stadium.

Happy B-Day Stix! That was one helluva bash.

39. snarkk said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:39 pm

PsOTG: Rent, Sanchee
    Nod to Rent for going 4-5, and especially making that very cool drag bunt hit to get everything going early. Loved that. Take notes, Boch.
    Runners up: Huff, Posey

40. eddacker415 said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:41 pm

the whole time I have been getting ready for work I have been humming:
    With the San Francisco Giants, it’s bye bye baby….

not he strangest thing I’ve ever done, even with the dancing in my head bit

41. delmardennis said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:47 pm

“And trashed the LU. You get zero credit.”

Nope, not tonight I didn’t. That’s strike two. Would you like to go for a third strike where tonight’s prize is a years supply of free tea?

42. DJLoo said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Not to start an argument, but I have always been under the impression that only lefty batters can “drag bunt”. Think about it…

43. zumarust said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Dennis, we’re all in the same boat on this. TF could tell everyone of us tonight: ‘I told you so,’ and be justified in doing it. The only other one who has stayed anywhere as relentlessly positive is Stix. It’s their night.

• delmardennis said, on September 16, 2010 at 11:17 pm

He didn’t tell me “I told you so,” he called me a fucking troll. There’s a big difference. The “asswipes,” “fuckwads,” “cocksuckers” and the “I told you sos” don’t bother me one iota. Hell, they even make me chuckle. This IS different. And what’s this “it’s their right” shit? I guess I didn’t get the memo. That’s rich.

44. Michael said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:51 pm

Dennis is one of a very few here who do not deserve to ever see a World Series championship in SF.
    ” and especially making that very cool drag bunt hit to get everything going early. Loved that. Take notes, Boch.” You truly are an idiot, Snarkkles, one of those who don’t deserve it. Managers call sacrifice bunts, not bunts for a hit. Since it’s reliant on so many factors, there is ZERO way the manager makes that call. That was all Edgar, the guy you’ve slandered for two years..

• snarkk said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:58 pm

All long suffering Gyro fans deserve a WS win. Especially those that don’t follow two teams with divided loyalty, unlike your ass. You’re just a big blowhard. The “slander” crap is so old and tired, the dust is overwhelming, ye of the accusing Franchez repeatedly of dogging it. Go to bed, you’re overheated…

• Michael said, on September 16, 2010 at 11:07 pm

Listen fuck: how many posts did you make about Rowand tonight? On the night they take over first? 12? 16? I have NEVER posted bullshit like that on anybody. You’ve done it with Panda, with Rent… your best course is to ACT like a fan, not a piece of shit revelling in failure.

• snarkk said, on September 16, 2010 at 11:16 pm

Go pull all your “slander” diatribes on Franchez. Very FAN like, attacking his effort, using the P===y word, as I remember. And the dude was still recovering from surgery, like I surmised at the time, and got total flack for saying it, just confirmed the other day by Baggs. Have a cup of tea. Night night…

45. snarkk said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:52 pm

You’re probably right, Loo. But, they do play in San Francisco…

46. DJLoo said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:56 pm

A great night, no doubt, but remember Alydar didn’t win anything by putting a nose in front of Affirmed at the 3/16ths pole in the Belmont.

Hey Denny: I heard that in the Secretariat movie they actually filmed his Belmont win at Keeneland and apparently made no effort to conceal it. Insulting!

47. stixwiz said, on September 16, 2010 at 10:58 pm

WSW and MacDog. Thanx for being part of one fantastic party. I say you never get old if you look forward to your birthday. Been hankering for this evening for weeks. Kinda had a feeling about it but didn’t wanna get blabby beforehand. Ten to Two is a message: New Big Dog in town.

Halloween Machine. Gonna happen. This team caught fire tonight. Bums is out of it. Dagos are dredging. Rox will run into trouble anyplace away from their humidor. As for the rest of em, the Phillies will be tough. Wanna imagine the electricity of Halliday against any one of Sanchez, Cain or Lincecum? Consecutive years Philadelphia has been the Beast of the East. Beast of the East meet the Best of the West.

Reds or Atlanta? Been there, done that vs. Cincinnati. They simply do not have the pitching and mostly beat up on bad teams. Braves got some talent but Giants have more of it ~ plus momentum. Team is now 10-4 for September. Fifteen games to go with 9 of them by the Bay. Best pitching in baseball right now and the hitting got sparkplugged by Renteria’s bunt and went into cruise control. Torre’s BP attempted damage control.

September baseball. I love it.

48. DJLoo said, on September 16, 2010 at 11:01 pm

And Diane Lane as Penny Tweedy? That’s like Pam Anderson playing Barbara Bush.

• delmardennis said, on September 16, 2010 at 11:24 pm

Their just trying to sell tickets, Loo. I rather fancy Miss Lane myself. I think I’ll go see “Secretariat” after Game 7 of the World Series this year while all you “deserving” fans enjoy the Giants celebration.

Heeeeeeee!

• vrrbrcrrr said, on September 16, 2010 at 11:39 pm

…remember Diane in “streets of fire”??

49. DJLoo said, on September 16, 2010 at 11:54 pm

frrshrrr…

50. delmardennis said, on September 17, 2010 at 12:08 am

Me and Diane go all the way back to her days in the “Outsiders.”

“Stay gold, Ponyboy….Stay gold.”

51. TedSpe said, on September 17, 2010 at 12:10 am

Old age is strange.
    I had to get up to piss. After same, popped open the Flap.
    I read all this…
    I have not much to say
    But…
    You guys need to see more Anna May Wong movies.
    Really.