A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Buzzkill Game

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 18, 2010

That one just sucked. Uribe had easily his worst game as a Giant and one of the worst single performances of a Giant this year. He only got saddled with 1 error but he bungled at least 4 plays and did nothing at the plate….

I have to admit, I like Randy Wolf– definitely a guy you’d want on your team. Back in July he gave up something like 15 runs in 5 innings. You wonder how a manager lets a guy stay in that long but it turns out that Wolf volunteered to stay out there to save their bullpen that was destroyed the night before. He’s been pretty reliable since then and outstanding in his last 2 starts. Tip your cap and move on…….

I didn’t look at the pitching match ups when I said we could easily sweep these guys. Gallardo goes today, always a tough pitcher. We’ve had our moments against him though….

And then Sunday looms. God’s day. You’re supposed to rest on that day, right? I don’t think God is gonna be too happy to see Zito working on Sunday. I forsee a severe punishment in the offing…….

1. DJLoo said, on September 18, 2010 at 9:32 pm

LOVE “Big Giggety”…

2. Big Giggity said, on September 18, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Indians…….
    SanDiggityDog, good to see you around my man. Hope things are good for you, check back in more often. It’s a fuckin pennant race dude………..

3. Big Giggity said, on September 18, 2010 at 9:34 pm

if you love him so much learn how to spell his name. Loo! Some skirts need some up-lookin’ dude, you hittin’ any more games this year?

4. DJLoo said, on September 18, 2010 at 9:36 pm

I remember a big late inning Bowker blast earlier this year (In NY?). He deserves a partial WS share…

5. delmardennis said, on September 18, 2010 at 9:36 pm

The Niners need to draft Andrew Luck tomorrow and have him play Monday night.

I’m thinking with Tim’s short outing and the off day Monday we might see ’em skip Bum’s next turn.

6. DJLoo said, on September 18, 2010 at 9:38 pm

Sorry BG. Hittin’ any more games where? Wanna meet me in Chicago?

7. Big Giggity said, on September 18, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Bowker hit a bomb for the Pirates today………
    Denny, you need to put an ice pack on your sack or something. The Niners lost one game, it doesn’t matter how bad it looked, it got out of control and isn’t indicative of who this team is— they’ll cover the spread and maybe even win on Mon. And I’m taking the over as a cover, 🙂

• DJLoo said, on September 18, 2010 at 9:42 pm

You should take cover cause it’s over…

• delmardennis said, on September 18, 2010 at 9:47 pm

I said for four months that the Seattle game was a MUST WIN or they’d be staring 0-4 right in the eye. Brees goes nutso on Monday=0-2; short week and travel to a just as loud Seattle in KC and Loo gives us shit=0-3; travel back home, hang heads, listen to media crap, blah, blah,travel again to Atlanta and get waxed there to complete the Denny Superfecta of 0-4. My ledge awaits…

8. Big Giggity said, on September 18, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Loo, your game recaps are surpassed by no one, despite there only being one of them. Fuck it, go to any game you’re close to and gimmie a recap, I’ll put it up as POTD………

9. Macdog said, on September 18, 2010 at 9:44 pm

The MSU-ND finish was priceless. My wife is an MSU alum, so at least someone in the house had a reason to celebrate.

Missed most of the game, and didn’t know until looking at the play-by-play that the last 15 Giants went down without a hit. Would malodorous be an apt description for this offense right now?

10. DJLoo said, on September 18, 2010 at 9:45 pm

My game recaps usually have nothing to do with the game.
    Hey Gigsbo, ever see “The Gambler” with James Caan?

• TedSpe said, on September 18, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Filmed here in SF

• DJLoo said, on September 18, 2010 at 9:55 pm

I didn’t know that. That is wild stuff..
        There HAD to be exceptions though, Ted —like the Central Park scene?
        How ’bout the soundtrack courtesy of Mahler?

11. Big Giggity said, on September 18, 2010 at 9:45 pm

i”ll catch you guys tomorrow. Gotta go pick up the leaves swirling around in the backyard. Don’t know what’s up with that. And the wind is picking up. Dark. Ominous. Something’s wrong I just can’t put my finger on it….

12. DJLoo said, on September 18, 2010 at 9:48 pm

You won’t get any sympathy from me, BG. Thursday night I hadda outrun a fuckin’ tornado…

13. Big Giggity said, on September 18, 2010 at 9:52 pm

I saw that–i know a few people in Brooklyn and they sent me pictures thought the videos on youtube are better. Loo, you probably saved yourself by trying to look UP the bottom of the tornado. Sweet move by a man who understands leverage and angles!

• DJLoo said, on September 18, 2010 at 9:57 pm

You know people in Brooklyn????? Live people??
      Why would you keep that from me?
      Ever visit?

14. Big Giggity said, on September 18, 2010 at 10:13 pm

no. just a couple of chicks i banged back in the 90’s who I still keep up with on facebook. Plus Katie’s aunt and her family. Seems like a lively place. Katie’s aunt sent me a pic of some car that got destroyed outside their home by that tornado…..You make it through that bad boy ok Loo?

15. DJLoo said, on September 18, 2010 at 10:20 pm

I was lucky, BG. God watches over 60 year-old Chinese midgets.

• TedSpe said, on September 18, 2010 at 10:28 pm

Especially in SF. And I miss spoke…typed? THE GAMBLER was filmed in NY, Loo.

• DJLoo said, on September 18, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Would you agree that is a must see film, Ted?

• TedSpe said, on September 18, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Absolutely

16. TedSpe said, on September 18, 2010 at 10:30 pm

When I read (past tense) James Caan, I must have been thinking of THE KILLER ELITE

17. DJLoo said, on September 18, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Well as far as this so called pennant race, it’s basically 5 teams competing for 2 spots.

• TedSpe said, on September 18, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Wow. Your math is impecible. Are you really Chinese?
      (racist rimshot)

18. TedSpe said, on September 18, 2010 at 10:55 pm

When the Jews return to Zion / And a comet rips the sky / And the Holy Roman Empire rises, / Then You and I must die. / From the eternal sea he rises, / Creating armies on either shore, / Turning man against his brother / ‘Til man exists no more.
    Zito pitches tomorrow
    Let us pray
    Goodnight, gentlemen (question mark)

19. willied said, on September 18, 2010 at 11:22 pm

I missed the last half of this debacle, but in Panda’s defense….he has 3 options where he tries for the DP by either going around the horn, step on third throw home or to first. But , if he doesn’t get the DP a run scores.

So he takes the run away regardless by going home first, and maybe a better throw gets the DP from Posey to first. And he has to figure this out instantly, so he makes the safest play possible that cuts down the run.

If nothing else, you saved wear and tear on LIncecum, who is going to be needed later, and the pen kept them in it. If SF keeps getting pitching like they have, they’re gonna win, or at least have a chance to.

20. Michael said, on September 18, 2010 at 11:44 pm

Kershaw/Hammel; Garland/Wainwright…
    even with the Zitster going, G’s have the pitching edge tomorrow. On paper Giants gain on both… Yes, I know, on paper.

21. Sam said, on September 19, 2010 at 4:19 am