A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

I Hate Colorado

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 26, 2010

I don’t hate the team, I hate the state. I can’t even stand to look at the letters that make up the word. Every  time we go there it seems we get dealt a crushing defeat. Strangely, last night’s didn’t hurt that bad. Bochy went all in last night and I like the move. Win that game and the Rockies are DONE. It just didn’t quite work out. Plus, he knew he had Cain to fall back on today….

And thank freaking GOD that Zito’s sweet “4 runs or more” stat didn’t take a hit. Nice 4.1 innings of work, chump……

You can’t second guess anything Bochy did last night. In fact, you could argue that the Rockies won because of that catch Car-Go made on Posey–he misses that ball and that’s the ballgame……

1. stixwiz said, on September 26, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Brandon Phillips homers with Johnny Gomes on base and Reds up over the Dagos 6-2. Bout time.

2. snarkk said, on September 26, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Awright, let’s get it done!

3. TellItGoodbye said, on September 26, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Same location attempt three times … I dunno Cain. You’re great, but that seemed like a bad idea.

4. max808 said, on September 26, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Whew.

5. TellItGoodbye said, on September 26, 2010 at 2:51 pm

This is ridiculous … Giants in command, and it feels they’re tied. Shame on me.

6. dirtnrocksnreno said, on September 26, 2010 at 2:52 pm

Cain is a stud.

Way to go Giants.

7. ferrethead said, on September 26, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. wswinb4igo said, on September 26, 2010 at 2:53 pm

YES Cingrats..The Horse

• wswinb4igo said, on September 26, 2010 at 2:53 pm

CONGRATS !

9. JBat said, on September 26, 2010 at 2:53 pm

CAINER!!!!

10. alleykat said, on September 26, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Yeah Matt Cain’s the Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Macdog said, on September 26, 2010 at 2:53 pm

The Horse, of course!

12. max808 said, on September 26, 2010 at 2:54 pm

.NEIGH baby NEIGH.

13. JBat said, on September 26, 2010 at 2:54 pm

What a huge, clutch effort by Matt. That’s big-time pitching right there. Day off tomorrow.

14. snarkk said, on September 26, 2010 at 2:54 pm

MASSIVE win….

15. JBat said, on September 26, 2010 at 2:56 pm

This takes a lot of the sting out of another pathetic 49er effort. The division is right there for the taking. GO GIANTS!!!!

16. snarkk said, on September 26, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Sheezus, I just saw a replay on Franchez throwing out somebody at first. A lollipop throw over. I missed that before. His shoulder has gotta be hurting big time…

17. Flavor said, on September 26, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Max– I know. i was referring to Uribe fucking up Dirrrtry’s perfect game when he was playing third base vs the Pads……

18. JBat said, on September 26, 2010 at 3:02 pm

He hit a huge homer in the first. He’ll gut it out.

19. stixwiz said, on September 26, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Yesssssss! Matt the Horse does it again. What a man. Yup, stud all the way. This is the season that he comes into his own and owning Colorado in the Box of Rox is as good as it gets. Day of rest. Bullpen very rested. Home cookin starts Tuesday against the Snakes. Pads down 6-2 and the Reds can smell the playoffs. Braves and Phillies both lost today, so even that part is looking good again. Looks like first place in the West is a good possibility as of today and all six to go will be at China Basin. Nice timing. Justin Case: Braves losing means the WC option also looking good.

But the real deal is Best in the West. Giants need to sweep both series for my January 94-68 prediction to manifest. Doubtful, but at 88-68 as of today and six to go, even .500 ball the rest of the way means a 91 win season. One more is likely. 93 wins a moderate possibility.

Monstrous huge win in any event. This decapitates Colorado, transforming the Rox into gravel. Four of six on the road is damn good baseball. Four of six at home would nail down the West and put the team 92-70 on the season. Unless Bochy gets itchy its Sanchez, Bumgarner and Lincecum vs. the Snakes and Zito, Cain and Sanchez against the Dagos. Four of six looks like a reasonable prediction.

20. TellItGoodbye said, on September 26, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Win each series, the Giants win the division. Any question?

• Bozo said, on September 26, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Actually Tell, win each series and win the whole fucking thing. Questions?

21. stixwiz said, on September 26, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Yahoo baseball lead photo is Matt the Horse, captioned with the (tired for us but telling for the rest of the world) “Cain is Able”. National recognition has happened on a pretty regular basis lately. Can’t hardly wait till they find out about the Halloween Machine.

22. JBat said, on September 26, 2010 at 3:19 pm

What has been really fun to watch is how Cain has mastered the art of pitching. He was always a big talent and tough, but watching him today, moving the ball in and out, up and down, throwing three nasty pitches for strikes, changing his pitching pattern as the game progressed, you can really see how far he has come. And he’s not even 26 yet. Very enjoyable game to watch today.

23. delmardennis said, on September 26, 2010 at 3:28 pm

Bravo to my favorite Horse, bravo indeed. Listened to it on the radio today, as I was, well, watching a, I’m not sure what to call it, I’m still in denial. So…I dunno. Denial is a good thing, for a while anyways, but I think I’m going to be one angry sumbitch’ when I move to stage 2. I think the Friars are losing, no? Haven’t checked ANY bb scores, no jinxing here. But the Niners already lost, so….who am I jinxing now? Maybe my FF teams, their sucking today. I dunno know WTF I’m talking about any more….

GO GIANTS!!!

Oh, yeah. post-season roster moves; does Shitholtz make it? I hope so, here’s a little inside secret; he and I look pretty damn similar. [insert Denny looks like a Neanderthal jokes here] physically. I got a few more lbs. naturally, but other than that, I’m fucking Nate Shitholtz. So when you see my posts, you can insert Shitholtz picture visually, and that’s Del Mar. I think we can all say with certainty, that deserves one big…. Heeeeeeeeee!

24. delmardennis said, on September 26, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Wait, that might give some of you guys nightmares. I’m not that cruel. Now that I think about it, I really look more like Joe Nedney from the 49ers. So you can picture him. I think that’s a better visual that Shitholtz. Shit, anything is a better visual than Shitholtz.

Wait, check that. I almost forgot. This is who I really look like. Most you guys probably don’t know him, except for Flav and Loo. I’m a dead ringer for train Doug O’Neill from So-Cal. Doppleganger even. I’m Doug fucking O’Neill, except he’s a tad better at training horses than I am. Here’s his and my pic. Jesus, this is scary.

One last thing, the 49ers coaching sucks.

25. JBat said, on September 26, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Pads getting RIPPED today. Woot!

26. delmardennis said, on September 26, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Shit, the little runt is getting an MRI on his shoulder tomorrow. Says all he can do is “lob the ball.”

That might open up a spot on our post-season 25-man if Franchez is null and void. Shit, we lose him, we’re fucked. You guys watched the game, can he still hit? Shit, this is no good as we head into the playoffs. Font plays 2B and Burriss sneaks in, no?

God, I hope to hell we get the Reds in the NLDS. The fucking Phils are tough as nails. But we’re gonna have to beat them eventually to get to the WS, so might as well drop’em early. What’s the diff?

Unca_Chuck vs Unca_Charlie Manuel The joke writes itself.

27. Bozo said, on September 26, 2010 at 4:07 pm

One of the best pitched games that I’ve seen in a long time. This TEAM will get it done.
    Just keep winning series baby and we’re gold. Party tonight boys cause tomorrow is in off day for you (and for us).
    GO GIANTS

28. Macdog said, on September 26, 2010 at 4:16 pm

It’s official: Back in first!

29. alleykat said, on September 26, 2010 at 5:13 pm

You know who the Niners need at QB?

Matt Cain!!!!!

30. Bozo said, on September 26, 2010 at 5:21 pm

So whats Cain’s numbers when he gets 4 or more runs?

• vrrbrcrrr said, on September 26, 2010 at 6:44 pm

…last year and the year before, Cain was in the runnin’ for the pitcher with the least support.

• vrrbrcrrr said, on September 27, 2010 at 5:37 am

…well, this year, Cain has had 25 quality starts, so if he got 4 runs minimum in each, he’d have 25 wins, tops in the league.

31. unca_chuck said, on September 26, 2010 at 5:26 pm

What I love about this series, is the Giants pitched lights-out the 1st game, Colo had to throw everything out there for a hard fought emotional victory, and the Giants methodically shut them down in game 3 . . .

32. Michael said, on September 26, 2010 at 5:26 pm

Didn’t watch any sports today. Didn’t even record anything. Nice win.

33. Michael said, on September 26, 2010 at 5:28 pm

GHead and SanDog: Email me your HR total pick. twinfan1@hotmail.com

34. Flavor said, on September 26, 2010 at 5:40 pm

twin I hope you feel better soon. We need you strong for the playoffs. Take a game or two off. But make it back for the division clincher, probably the first or second game of the SD series, right?

35. Michael said, on September 26, 2010 at 5:51 pm

I’ll post on the last thread a litle later.

36. zumarust said, on September 26, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Hope you’re feeling better, TF.

37. zumarust said, on September 26, 2010 at 6:43 pm

As much as I don’t care about the Raiders, that’s a tough way to lose. There are a lot of good Raider fans out there, they’re not all buffoons.
    —-
    The Niners are, of course, abysmal, and we Niner fans have seen our team turn into the Golden St. Warriors. Totally unacceptable.

38. wswinb4igo said, on September 26, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Can somebody answer how the phillies have played 84 games at home this year?

• Michael said, on September 26, 2010 at 6:49 pm

Why don’t you look it up yourself and tell us?

• wswinb4igo said, on September 26, 2010 at 6:56 pm

why don’t you go…..feel better!

39. Macdog said, on September 26, 2010 at 6:56 pm

They must be counting the three “away” games vs. Toronto that were played in Philly.

• wswinb4igo said, on September 26, 2010 at 6:58 pm

exactly….they played the games there, AL rules and phillies hit first, but still are “home” games…

40. Macdog said, on September 26, 2010 at 7:01 pm

Twin, something I came across late last night that might be of interest:

41. Michael said, on September 26, 2010 at 7:11 pm

Thanks, Mac. I’ll read it later.

• zumarust said, on September 26, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Yeah, I saw that in a newspaper. Exciting baseball history news. And entire tape of that game, saved by the Crosby family. It’ll be available on DVD eventually, and shown on MLB network, I’m sure.
      —–
      Also, I think this week is the broadcast of the next installment of the Ken Burns series on baseball.
      —–
      And also, I’ve been enjoying reading the book “Baseball Codes.” It’s a delightful, yes I’m using the word delightful, to describe the book. It’s a book about the game itself, the unwritten rules, and how players, managers, and umpires have perceived those unwritten rules over the years. Lots of great stories in the book. The book is written by a couple of Bay Area guys.

• Nipper said, on September 26, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Zumie, at least you’re still a guy reading books. Thanks for the info.

42. Michael said, on September 26, 2010 at 8:53 pm

In a epic screw up MLB.COM posted a story tonight saying Freddy Sanchez was done for the year with knee surgery. Oops- it was from LAST year. I think they took it down now.

43. delmardennis said, on September 26, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Sounds like a goddamn jinx to me. He’s having an MRI done on his SHOULDER tomorrow. Dollars to donuts he’s done for the rest of the year (reg. season) when those results are in.

Bochy had to beg the little runt to play today AND then and only then did Mr. Midget agree to play AFTER the skipper promised to take the heat should he was unable to make the necessary plays [throws] today.

I was one of the ones here who called Sanchez a “pussy” when it came to him returning from his injury. I would like to recant myself. Move over Honor Blackman, we have ourselves a new PUSSY GALORE.

44. Michael said, on September 27, 2010 at 10:30 pm

See you in a couple, going to SF for a consult tomorrow. Surgery is a possible option, it’s called decompression surgery. Another option, is, urp: amputation.
    Talk to ya..