A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

A Perfect Night of Baseball

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 29, 2010

This is unfolding nicely, isn’t it? Professional, inevitable comeback win last night. And how about Mike Quade? he’s got the Cubs playing for…..I dunno, but whatever it it that’s the reason he should be named their manager in the off season. The job he’s done keeping that team together and playing hard until the end is to be honored…..

Ian Kennedy going tonight? No prob, we’ll just throw Lincecum at ’em. As I said yesterday, a sweep of the d-backs would hardly surprise, in fact I expect it. San Diego is hitting the 16th pole staggering, on fumes, as I said they would do.

I’m not sure why anyone is sweating who we play in the playoffs. Philly doesn’t scare me at all, In fact I think we match up well with them………

1. Macdog said, on September 29, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Whewwwwwwww!

2. max808 said, on September 29, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Piece of cake.

3. freshtodef80 said, on September 29, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Yessssssssss!!!

4. PawlieKokonuts said, on September 29, 2010 at 9:50 pm

whew..give me a cigarette, and I don’t smoke

5. ChiPower said, on September 29, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Giants Baseball – Torture! But I LOVE IT!!! Fuck Yeah! Magic Number is 3!

6. Bozo said, on September 29, 2010 at 9:50 pm

7. delmardennis said, on September 29, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Anyone here growing a beard for the helluva it?

8. alleykat said, on September 29, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Magic Number 3. Beard of Zeus closes the door!

9. freshtodef80 said, on September 29, 2010 at 9:51 pm

The 300 Beard!!

10. ChiPower said, on September 29, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Gotta dash, Flappers. Good talking the absolute best subject in the world (Giants baseball) with the best fans in the world…The Flappers!

11. wswinb4igo said, on September 29, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Congrats…had em all the way!

12. ferrethead said, on September 29, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Woo-Hoo!!!!

13. stixwiz said, on September 29, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Whew! Drama Quean Sarah Bernhardt gets it done and over with. Magic Number of Three. Wilson needs one more save to tie Shooter. Hope he doesn’t get just one more than Beck. But 50 or more would be just fine, as in no fewer than two more Giants wins and one more Padre failure.

14. Flavor said, on September 29, 2010 at 9:53 pm

I am dying my hair black as soon as we clinch. No shit. magic number: see bozos post

15. stixwiz said, on September 29, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Timmy and Pat the Bat as co POTG.

16. Michael said, on September 29, 2010 at 9:57 pm

This is happening too often: Nipper Woo-Hoo at 9:49, Ferret at 9:52. Fuck, I married Nipper.

• TedSpe said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Rough, dude

• Michael said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:08 pm

After 5 wives,why the hell not, I guess.

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Nippy, Soph, Ferret. The three faces of Steve?…

• ferrethead said, on September 29, 2010 at 11:19 pm

Twinnie – one more time equating me with Nipper is grounds for a virtual divorce. You know better! I can’t help it if everyone wants to copy my patented post-win response…Brilliance invites imitation.

Where are my School House Rock fans? I can’t belive my youtube clip isn’t getting any love!!! (Gay-assed frowny face)

17. TedSpe said, on September 29, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Love the Giants
    So why do I have to watch the 3 biggest assholes in the world on TV?

18. max808 said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:02 pm

FP and Aurillia look like they run a funeral home.

19. Sportdude said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Wilson ends up with 48 saves. He will be unavailable tomorrow. Good thing too, because we win by more than 4. Ties the record Friday night to win the division. No more saves cause they will blow out a win in the Sat game, and lose Sunday when it doesn’t matter and all the regulars are resting up to play Cinci in game one…

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:24 pm

I agree. BW has to take a blow tomorrow, get that arm rested if needed for the Pads…

20. Sportdude said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Wait…We will play Atlanta in round one…

21. wswinb4igo said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Must say…the LinCY has met the challenge of Sept leading a staff that has been all that.

22. stixwiz said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:05 pm

Ninety wins is 3×30. Yup. Three is a magic number. Been awhile since SF has hit that level. What a feeling. This season has sure been one roller coaster of a ride ~ thankfully now with 22 more ups than downs. Can they possibly sweep these next four to make my January prediction of 94-68 prophetic? Very doubtful, but it sure will be fun to watch them shoot for it.

23. xootsuit said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Joy in Giantsville tonight. How cool is it to join with those 37K fans in the stands, with the millions watching, listening, following on line? The core of this team is young, home grown: Cain, Wilson, Lincecum, J.Sanchez, Posey, Bumgarner — the Giants drafted them all. The Giants found Pablo in Venezuela. The rest of the team? Maybe, for the most part, they’re misfits, mercenaries, malcontents elsewhere. Here they’re vets complementing the core. And every guyi in that dugout is digging this drive. So are we. Joy in Giantsville tonight.

24. delmardennis said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:07 pm

From Baggs: Giants will move up Matt Cain. It’ll be Cain, Zito, Sanchez in the final weekend vs. SD. Bochy wants to keep Cain on normal rest.

25. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Matt the horse going Friday. Zitboy getting pushed back . . .

26. Michael said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:11 pm

I don’t like moving Cain. If they don’t win Friday, it increases the pressure. I’d rather have Zits going knowing Matt goes the next day.

27. stixwiz said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Bumgarner may have something to say tomorrow afternoon. Could be that Tarheel youngster doesn’t wanna miss out on the fun. With his 16th Timmy is now tied for 4th in the league in Wins. Had he found himself back in the early part of August he could be sitting at 20. Maybe we needed the drama of his “reversion to form”.

28. wswinb4igo said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:18 pm

If they don’t win tomorrow they probably would need 2/3 against sd anyway…good moving Cain up. Just win the next 2 in a row…

29. snarkk said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Burrell is Beautiful…

30. delmardennis said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:28 pm

Win the next two and the FOX game of the week will see…

Velez LF
    Burriss 2B
    Ishi 1B
    Panda 3B
    Rowand CF
    Rent SS
    Shitholtz RF
    Whitey C
    Zitshit P

31. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:30 pm

Did I miss the joke?

Wilson’s beard is fake?

• xootsuit said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:32 pm

The color of Wilson’s beard resembles the shoe polish that goes onto your average black wingtip brogue. His hair cuts are getting sharper, too. The guy must be spending $1000 per week on grooming stylists.

• unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Yeah, I thought it was dyed. The guys on the post game said it’s a glue-on beard…

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2010 at 11:06 pm

BW must be doing a “Just for Men” short movie, ala Joaquin Phoenix. It’s dyed. Kinda funny all the fans now wearing fake beards. I saw one young woman wearing a fake beard. She looked better with it on…

• ferrethead said, on September 29, 2010 at 11:20 pm

I thought I was the only one that didn’t know – thanks for making me feel better. Now the beard is even funnier – gotta love BW!!!

32. xootsuit said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:30 pm

They’re being very aggressive. Moving Lincecum up, using Wilson again tonight after 1+ tough last night, and now moving Cain up. It’ll work well if they clinch early and then rest. Not exactly an all or nothing approach, but god damned close to it.

33. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Sorry, gotta go with Boch, Mike . . .They’re playing Ferrett’s song.

34. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Or is that Nipper?

35. Michael said, on September 29, 2010 at 10:51 pm

I’m quietly disagreeing, Chucklefuck. This nothing like the insanity of how DARREN FORD MUST START!!!!!!! … I’d go Zits, Cain, Sanchez. We’ll see. If he’s saying he doesn’t trust Zits Friday, I sure as fuck don’t trust him Saturday. Of course, MadBum and Matt can make it moot..

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2010 at 11:03 pm

I agree with Oracle. Zitoid should go Friday, less pressure. If Cain loses Friday, Zits will have a double boiler on him Saturday, and an early exit would be certainly in the cards. Then the Pen would be spent bailing out Zits, and heading into a Sunday potboiler for the playoff spot. Clearly, Bonehead is going all in right now. He wants to close this thing out Friday night, assuming the magic # is 1 or 2 after tomorrow night. I don’t see why he had to announce that now, unless there is a league rule on that. If SF loses and Pads win tomorrow, SF is back to 1 game up with 3 to play and anything can happen, at which time this rotation move looks risky …

36. wswinb4igo said, on September 29, 2010 at 11:28 pm

Cain pitches on normal rest Fri with the possibility of winning the division if Bum wins tomorrow… Zito will pitch on six days’ rest. In 23 career starts on six or more days of rest, Zito is 12-7 with a 2.92 ERA…

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2010 at 11:32 pm

Zito could rest a month, his fastball still tops out at around 85-86. If he can’t spot it, he gets crushed…

37. Michael said, on September 29, 2010 at 11:42 pm

Look, I’m fine with it if it goes as hoped for. I just don’t wanna be around the Flap if it goes to Sunday, though. MadBum can do a lot to ease it all with a win tomorrow.

38. snarkk said, on September 29, 2010 at 11:48 pm

One thing I’d like to see is Guillen sit tomorrow, put Ross in. Guillen has done nada the last few games at the plate, and Ross was hot coming out of Denver…

• TedSpe said, on September 30, 2010 at 12:06 am

I love you snarkk, but at times…
      just…why?
      What’s the point?
      It’s like…”The equinox has differential with the versatality of the outcome of the darkside of the moon that only a super nova could produce a versimilitude”
      In other words, why do you always out think the unthinkable?
      Or in other words, at this point…
      WHO GIVE’S A FUCK??!!
      Sit Guillen, play Ross…this is, like ETO?
      Fuck, sit Posey, play Whiteside. Sit Pablo, dance with Uribe, sing karaoke with Zito, share a thong with Huff (or at least, share thoughts)
      Jesus, it’s baseball and the Giants are IN!!!

Weird time to talk LUs.
      But like I said….
      I love you snarkk

39. Michael said, on September 30, 2010 at 12:06 am

I think you’ll probably see that, Snarkk.. It must be pretty cool for you guys to see Oracle watching over you with every pitch. Beaucoups bucks for that..
    See ya tomorrow.

40. TedSpe said, on September 30, 2010 at 12:11 am

Oh.
    BTW.
    Magic Number…3

41. TellItGoodbye said, on September 30, 2010 at 12:18 am

Always defer to Bochy on pitching decisions (well, maybe except that 3 inning Wilson deal last Sat) but, as a fan, sure, I’d like to get the Zito torture out of the way with Cain lined up for Sat.

Now Cain will feel like a must-win (to the more pessimistic of us) with the suddenly unhittable Stauffer on Sat. and back-on-track Latos on Sunday.

42. TellItGoodbye said, on September 30, 2010 at 12:19 am

Get ready to hear all about whatever year it was when the Padres went into LA 3 games down and won all three.

43. TedSpe said, on September 30, 2010 at 12:41 am

Okay. Here’s the the thing. I was somewhat unfair picking on snarkk. It’s not just snarkk. There’s a mindset that speaks a little about a certain faculty within certain Giants’ fan’s minds.
    The neuropsychologist Elkhonon Goldbger questions the whole idea discrete, hardwired centers or modules of the mind when it comes to being a Giants fan.
    While modularity, he argues, may be characteristically of the thalamus-an assemblege of nuclei with fixed functions, fixed inputs and outputs-a gradiential organization is more characteristic of the cerebral cortex and becomes more and more prominent as one ascends from primary sensory cortex to association cortex and, finally, to the highest level of all: the frontal cortex. Modularity and gradients may thus co-exist and complement one another.
    In other words, to merely finalize the hypothesis:
    Padres suck
    Giants ROCK
    So fuck all ya’ll mofo’s!!!!

• TedSpe said, on September 30, 2010 at 12:45 am

And I thank you, gentlemen (question mark).
      Goodnight