A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

My apologies to the people who believe in jinxes

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 9, 2010
“Craig said, on October 8, 2010 at 8:04 pm (Edit)

This is almost too easy”

Sorry about that. I don’t usually take credit for influencing wins or losses but the fact that the lead began to erode moments after I posted this is a good reminder of why you don’t count your wins before they’re won…
But come you guys, the Braves have no idea what they’re dealing with! They think that loss buried us in misery? Ha, think again! We lose games like that all the freaking time! And you know what? We always bounce back. So yeah, giving a game away in a 5 game playoff series is a drag, but it’s hardly the end of the series. Losing in the  most torturous of ways is what we do best. I fully expect the team to bounce back on Sunday……
Second guessing time: I got nothin. You guys that are complaining about Wilson trying to go 2 innings, like that was some kind of mistake on Bochy’s part, must not have watched too many games this year. The dude did that all the time. The only thing I’m questioning is whether Bochy keeps trotting out Panda. He can’t, right? He’s playing some of his worst ball of the season right now and that is really saying something considering his dismal year…….

1. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 9, 2010 at 6:47 am

Being a Giants fan, the deja vu was agony. I type this in a hotel lobby; watched game from a second floor, only high enough to suffer survivable injuries. I could not get online during the game and realized how much I depend on you guys to get through these things. Frankly, I’m glad today is an off-day. I’m reeling.

2. Sportdude said, on October 9, 2010 at 7:05 am

Pawlie,

My thoughts exactly. Got up. Went to the computer. Hoped it was just a dream.Shit.

3. Sportdude said, on October 9, 2010 at 7:09 am

PS

Craig..

Was in a bar (Angels fans everywhere) in OC in 2002. My cocky fanatical Giant fan buddy (we went to game 7 next day) begged me all game 6 to join the Angel fans in doing a ANGEL SLAMMER SHOT. I said no. Every run we scored he pushed…I finally gave in at the start of the 7th inning…

4. DJLoo said, on October 9, 2010 at 7:54 am

I don’t want to know any of you today.
    Goodbye.

5. willied said, on October 9, 2010 at 7:56 am

Gonzalez is getting to be more of a pain than Infante. This guy burned us last time we were there, and last night (didn’t see btw 2nd and 8th innings) doubles in two off wilson? Funny thing is he really didn’t do much for ATL, with only .674 OPS. Escobar could not have been that bad.

Same for Ankiel, one HR in his last 6 weeks. Cracked that one last night, tho

Off days always interesting here…..what ifs on Game 4 scenarios. If you win with Sanchez, I’d be inclined to go Bum, save the Kid for a 5 if necessary. If you lose…I dunno. These aren’t the pitchers of long ago, used to long outings on short rest. I’m sure Lincy would want the ball, just hope it wouldn’t be Pedro Martinez all over again.

6. Macdog said, on October 9, 2010 at 8:10 am

It wouldn’t be a Giants postseason without a brutal loss. 4-1 lead in the 8th, I guess you can’t trust a Romo in the playoffs.

7. Craig said, on October 9, 2010 at 8:12 am

Uh oh. When loo says goodbye he means it. Say it ain’t so lil’ buddy

8. max808 said, on October 9, 2010 at 8:36 am

It’s deja vu all fucking over again. That same sense of devastation and dread
    that I felt in 2002. It will take a bloody miracle to bounce back from this.
    The grim task ahead is beating their best in their chop chop hellhole. I don’t think
    I can watch.

• JBat said, on October 9, 2010 at 8:59 am

I couldn’t have summed up my own feelings any better.

9. Craig said, on October 9, 2010 at 8:41 am

I’m assuming you meant “can’t” watch. Max, lighten up, we lost games in worse fashion in the reg season than we did last night– bounced back every time. Plus, it’s the playoffs, it’s been a million yrs since we’ve been here. Kick back and enjoy the ride

10. zumarust said, on October 9, 2010 at 8:51 am

I have a thought- go with Bum in game 3 and Sanchez in game 4, and don’t pitch Timmy on 3 days rest. Game 4 is arguably a higher pressure situation than game 3, and then you don’t have to risk hurting Tim’s arm. He can pitch a game 5 on full rest.

11. max808 said, on October 9, 2010 at 8:52 am

Maybe you’re right and I’m overreacting. But this isn’t the regular season. You don’t get to go home and play some sub .500 team.

12. zumarust said, on October 9, 2010 at 8:54 am

At the moment, we’re in better shape than the Rays, Twins, and Reds.

• JBat said, on October 9, 2010 at 9:03 am

That and five bucks gets you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

13. Bozo said, on October 9, 2010 at 9:06 am

Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Fuck it.

The job at hand is to still win 10 more games, starting with 2 in Atlanta.

Oh yeah, fuck you Bob Brenly you miserable Ollie Peacock Gomez.

• JBat said, on October 9, 2010 at 9:07 am

I thought I was the only one who noticed. Him and Stockton make me ill.

14. JBat said, on October 9, 2010 at 9:07 am

Sandoval absolutely, positively needs to sit. The guy looks like ass out there. Just terrible.

15. max808 said, on October 9, 2010 at 9:08 am

Yeah, some consolation. Reminds me of my mom, whenever I complained about my meager lunch, saying it was more than someone in Bangladesh had to eat.

16. raymond said, on October 9, 2010 at 9:11 am

in regards to Pablo…I think fontenot has to start…also hate to say, but rent looked good…maybe he starts , uribe to 3rd. he is going back to Atlanta after all…I still think giants can take it in4

17. max808 said, on October 9, 2010 at 9:12 am

Don’t mind me, I’m sitting in for Dennis until he wakes up. 🙂

• delmardennis said, on October 9, 2010 at 10:46 am

Thanks, Max, I appreciate it. I’ve been up, I’ve just been waiting, hoping and praying that I’d really wake up from this nightmare that was last night. No such luck. Now we all have to endure about 27 more hrs. of this godforsaken torture that is Giants baseball before we can eradicate all the pain and suffering. Good thing I stopped by the pharmacy yesterday. I’m going to need all the help that I can get.

18. zumarust said, on October 9, 2010 at 9:20 am

Have some faith in our guys. Yeah, there’s a whole history of Giants ineptitude in the playoffs, but that has nothing to do with THESE guys. There’s nobody even left over from the 2003 team.

19. max808 said, on October 9, 2010 at 9:45 am

My friend who is a long suffering Cub fan, writes:

Last night was painful. It got EXCRUCIATING! it was like having your front teeth kicked in and then having a root canal performed……..with no anesthesia.

With the Cubs it is always ritual masochism, the outcome preordained, filled with suffering and the gnashing of teeth yet somehow accepted as a part of the nature of reality, much like the seasons. With the Giants, though, there is that spark of real hope that when extinguished
    Is INSUFFERABLE!!! Well, anyway, I still say “FUCK THE DODGERS!”

20. stixwiz said, on October 9, 2010 at 10:04 am

Easily the toughest, most galling loss of the season. Giants just can’t make things nice and easy. Tough? Dropping a three-run lead in the 8th. When did that last happen? Galling? Posey’s GDP with one out and the bags jammed. Can it possibly get more galling? Sure it can. Had Buster not been busted in the ribs in his collision with the irresistible force transformed into immovable object, he may well have hit a long flyball or something.

Want it even tougher? Tomorrow its Tim Hudson with thousands of death-dirge moaning Southern-fried born-agains in the ChopShop House of Horrors. Seems like this season’s version of the Giants want it tough.

Tough? Braves’ hitters get to face the toughest to hit (lowest batting average against) pitcher in the Bigs in Drrrrty Sanchez, the guy who finally nailed the Dagos, in what seems like a year ago, but it will be only one week tomorrow. Tough? Bochy is not likely to start Pablo tomorrow after yesterday’s mostly disgraceful performance. Fontenot, Renteria and Uribe in the infield. Somehow i feel there’s some magic hidden in that trio, some magic waiting to happen tomorrow.

Giants Baseball = Torture. Evidently, it just can’t be any other way. Tomorrow is the day to flip that torture routine on its head and see how Hudson likes being picked apart, maybe by a runt and a couple rejects.

21. ferrethead said, on October 9, 2010 at 10:38 am

I’m nowhere near ready to open a vein, but it is very frustrating to bring a 3 run lead into the 8th and watch it get pissed away… It’s been a problem all year long, no reason it shouldn’t be now, but goddammit if I don’t see some situational hitting soon, I’m gonna…well, I don’t know what but you’ll all be SORRY!!!! ;-D

22. Michael said, on October 9, 2010 at 10:59 am

I think you can bet on this:

Torres RF
    Fontenot 2B
    Huff 1B
    Posey C
    Burrrell LF
    Uribe 3B
    Rowand CF
    Renteria SS

1 thru 4 in the LU last night: 2 for 16, 8 K, 9 LOB That was much more significant than an error that still left them up two.

• delmardennis said, on October 9, 2010 at 11:02 am

Rowand and Renteria? Why stop there, why not have Whitey catch and wear orange jerseys.

Donkey punch.

23. max808 said, on October 9, 2010 at 11:19 am

I’d be fine with that lineup. Rowand deserves a go. Ross and Franchez have not hit Hudson well.

There is the hope that Hudson’s lousy Sept-Oct (5+ era) will carry over. He has only allowed 1 hr in 143 ab’s to the G’s, but gave up 9 in his last 7 starts.

24. delmardennis said, on October 9, 2010 at 11:22 am

Bochy firmly said he plans on using the same lineup (minus injuries) for the entire series. Now you want him to abandon ship after two games? That shows a lot of faith and confidence. Our lineup stinks on ice regardless of who plays. Sit Pablo, sit Ross and sit Fruckie. Plug in Rowand, Renteria and Fontenot. It all matters not—NONE of them can hit.

There were many failures before it came to him, but if our goddamn “ROY” could have just got a sac fly, we’d all be happy campers now. I’ve changed my mind, and I’m changing my tune.:

PLAY Whitey.

25. unca_chuck said, on October 9, 2010 at 11:37 am

If only Font for Panda, I;m cool with it.

Panda HAS to sit.

The G’s just have to do what they did, and split in their yard.

No problem.

26. wswinb4igo said, on October 9, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Bochy show confidence? That’s the old Bochy. The new one shows jack to his players…He’s shown none to zito, which is understandable, but why is affeldt on the roster against a predominately lh liine up, and not get used….

Have no problem with Wilson going for 6 or whatever outs he needs, after all else fails but that wasn’t the case…he brings his best lh rp in( Lopez) with 2 outs 1 on against heyward in a 4/1 game. Affeldt should have pitched to heyward. If he gets him great, you have Lopez for the 8th. If he doesn’t get him, you have 3 rh rp to go after lee.
    Romo gives up the hit to lee after being ahead in the count, he should’nt have pitched to mccann…

• zumarust said, on October 9, 2010 at 2:29 pm

It doesn’t look like Bochy has much confidence in Affeldt, I guess. I would have thought that somewhere in those last few innings, Affeldt would have been used against a lefty batter.

• Michael said, on October 9, 2010 at 2:37 pm

You could’t even get as far as Room B with extra flyer miles, pal. You second guessing morons would have been out of pitchers by the end of 8.

• Michael said, on October 9, 2010 at 2:42 pm

That was for WSW. But sure, he could have had Affeldt face Heyward. Of COURSE it’s now assumed he gets him. Then Romo gets Lee. Then Lopez gets McCann. The ball never gets hit to Panda. Everybody lives happily ever after in Flapperville.

• wswinb4igo said, on October 9, 2010 at 2:54 pm

out of pitchers? he still isn’t….lets just say it couldn’t have gone worse than what he did do. What did Bochy say to affeldt….um no offense Ja but i’d rather have Romo face a lh hitter….you stink

27. xootsuit said, on October 9, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Today feels like the calm in the eye of the hurricane.

28. Michael said, on October 9, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Every team’s relief corps breaks down to the guys you use with a lead or tied, and those you don’t ( or are used only in blow outs or by necessity in extras) Of COURSE he was saying he trusted Romo more, you fucking imbecile. LHers against Affeldt: 20 for 69 Romo: 19 for 79.

• wswinb4igo said, on October 9, 2010 at 3:11 pm

he had a 3 run lead in the 7th with 1 on 2 out and used his best lh to get 1 batter. That batter was Affeldt’s..the worse that could have happened was a hr. You still have the lead. major fuck up by Bochy, no defense. it would/should have been affeldt in that situation in every game…

• Michael said, on October 9, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Lopez GOT the batter and turned over a three run lead to a pitcher who opponents were 3 for 31 against over the last month.

• wswinb4igo said, on October 9, 2010 at 3:35 pm

right…he used his best for 1 batter, when the whole lu is lh…brilliant.

29. freshtodef80 said, on October 9, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Speaking of jinxes, Are we cursed? How do break this? And btw screw the Braves and Atlanta!! STOP THE CHOP!!

30. unca_chuck said, on October 9, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Score a shitload of runs. Don;t fail with guys on 3rd and one out.

Play sound fundamental ball.

Whine about the pitching all you want, but the hitters failed when it truly mattered.

31. unca_chuck said, on October 9, 2010 at 3:24 pm

3 DPs? Posey should have fucking bunted.

Suicide squeeze. . . Push one up the 1st base line . . .

32. unca_chuck said, on October 9, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Romo’s been the 8th inning guy most of September. Why WOULDN’T he use him then.

I thought Wilson with no outs was a little curious, as he hadn’t been used for 6 outs before, but he’s gone 4 and 5 outs for saves, so it’s not a huge stretch.

Second guess it? Sure. That’s baseball. But to think its different than how Bochy’s been playing it, and winning with for the past month, is wrong.

• wswinb4igo said, on October 9, 2010 at 3:38 pm

if he would have had Lopez for the 8th, romo is gone after the single to lee…

• zumarust said, on October 9, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Whatever. It’s just second-guessing.
        Lopez did a great job getting Heyward out. Romo and Wilson weren’t their best.
        If Posey gets that sac fly, everything would be groovy.

• Michael said, on October 9, 2010 at 4:00 pm

So what happened with Affeldt and Heyward? In the land of the tiny brained, he retired him on 3 pitches, of course. Where were you when all this was going down? Two fisting baloney sandwiches with Gringo in the Room B bathroom? Nothing until after the result, of course

• wswinb4igo said, on October 9, 2010 at 6:50 pm

who gives a fuck about heyward…he brought his best lh in to face 1 friggin batter with no threat at the time…it was 4/1, 1 on 2 out. Lee up next. He wasn’t gonna face Lee also now would he?

33. wswinb4igo said, on October 9, 2010 at 4:00 pm

IF the game was managed right…it Might be 2/0

• zumarust said, on October 9, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Room B members are zero-summers at heart. They have to have a goat after every loss. It can never be that both teams tried real hard, and one team out-played the other. There has to be a goat, in their way of thinking. And their has to be some DUMBNESS involved somehow, because that way the Room B-er can feel a misguided superiority. You see, the Room B-er is nowhere near the athlete the players are, but he can be SMARTER than them. Or he’s smarter than the manager and GM. Room B-ers are closet geniuses.

• zumarust said, on October 9, 2010 at 4:12 pm

And, yes, I realize I should have used “there” instead of “their.” (grin)

• James said, on October 9, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Not sure the propensity to find critical failure in most losses is restricted to A or B types. The Giants made 2 errors yesterday, which is unusual for a team that has been excellent at avoiding them for the last couple of years. That’s what stood out for me. But, yeah, Derrick Lee is a very good hitter and Brian McCann hit the ball well every time he was up yesterday. The Braves did a great job of coming back.

34. DJLoo said, on October 9, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Giants had more goats than a Rastafarian barbecue…

• James said, on October 9, 2010 at 4:40 pm

The first Brave’s run scored because of the POTG goat. The ROY goat should never have had to bat in extra innings. That POS Gonzalez guessed and hacked at an inside, above the belt 98 mph “mistake.” I already covered Lee and McCann.

• Michael said, on October 9, 2010 at 4:49 pm

So no one after Panda’s error bears any responsibilty for their failures? Absolute bullshit post. With that logic, Panda’s error is moot because they win by one if Burrell hadn’t made HIS error. Or Uribe gets a runner home earlier. Or… or…

• James said, on October 9, 2010 at 5:02 pm

The Braves finally started to get a few hits yesterday, which wasn’t terribly surprising. The 2 errors combined with that hitting allowed ATL to tie the score. The Giants had only 73 errors all year.

• delmardennis said, on October 9, 2010 at 4:42 pm

I thought you were taking the day off from here and your friends on the Flap.
      Your favorite horse won the Shadwell today, maybe that perked ya up some.

• DJLoo said, on October 9, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Not really. Just got buried in the Ancient Title. Much like Ancient Title got buried when he came here in ’75.

35. Michael said, on October 9, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Actually, it is, James. Or rather, the desire to put it on one guy when there were multiple failures… A lot has been made of Glaus’ play, BTW- but it was Infante who saved the day. Glaus gave him a poor throw to the LF side of the bag, Huff was bearing down, and he still threw a hard strike to first…

36. delmardennis said, on October 9, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Not looking good for my friend Orson. Bochy set to start Font tomorrow if Fuckie is a go.

I never thought of Bochy as one who discriminates against those with big bones. He either treats fat people unfavorably, or he just plain thinks Pablo sucks Q*bert. Either way, it’s not fair. “@!#?@!?”

37. delmardennis said, on October 9, 2010 at 4:52 pm

It’s also sounding like Timmy will pitch Game 4 regardless of tomorrow’s outcome. Bochy was quoted as saying, “I’d probably say before the game tomorrow … I may wait until after the game.” when asked about who will start.

Timmy on only 3 days rest? You guys know my old standby.: Why not, it can’t fucking hurt.

38. Michael said, on October 9, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Oh goodie, more preemptive bitching…
    Fruckie says he’ll play tomorrow but only if Bochy takes the rap if he sucks..

39. max808 said, on October 9, 2010 at 5:18 pm

From Kawakami: (so don’t yell at me)

“Lincecum threw 119 pitches or more five times this season.

In his next starts after those big efforts, Lincecum had three starts on regular four days’ rest and two on extra five days’ rest.

In those five Lincecum starts that followed 119+ games:

-Lincecum was 0-2, with 3 no-decisions;

-He had a 5.15 ERA;

-The Giants were 1-4 in those games.

• James said, on October 9, 2010 at 5:28 pm

3 games’ rest is obviously the ticket!

• James said, on October 9, 2010 at 5:30 pm

or rather 3 days . . .

• Michael said, on October 9, 2010 at 5:56 pm

3 of those 5 were “quality starts”, however.

40. Bozo said, on October 9, 2010 at 5:23 pm

Oh yeah, have I mentioned – FUCK Bob Brenly. He is the king of the Fuckwads.

• freshtodef80 said, on October 9, 2010 at 5:29 pm

And some people wanted him to be Mgr. of the Giants? Brenly is a major fuckwad!

41. delmardennis said, on October 9, 2010 at 5:33 pm

I don’t seem to recall BB giving up any hits in the 8th inning last night.

42. stixwiz said, on October 9, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Let’s go back 21 years. Twenty-one is legal for most anything, isn’t it? I was still out there in and outta the System doing antiques road shows, mostly at shopping malls, sometimes lahdedah paid admission shows where i usually wore a camelhair sportjacket, suitable headwear and a late 50’s Zuni turquoise, silver and bearclaw bolo. Last Giants game i took in personally was on a mid-summer chilly, leatherjacket evening at the Stick. In a couple days i’d be set up at an exhibition at the Cow Palace.

1989. Watched the Giants lose to the Phillies and Terry Mulholland. Mid September somewhere. Stuck in the craw a bit as Philadelphia had got him via a trade with SF, recently enough that bodies were still warm. Can’t honestly remember who took the mound for the hometeam that night. But i do think the final was something like 4-2. Giants recovered from that setback and featuring pitchers like Big Daddy Rick Reuschel and Caveman Don along with Will the Thrill and a pretty decent supporting cast; remained Best in the West, went on to cop the Pennant and headed into the World Series.

By then i was down the road, doing a spate of shows in SoCal and then heading back to the Northwoods of Minnesota, where my connexion to the game was by way of radio.

Earthquake.

Imagine that tomorrow night at the ChopShop accessed by the busiest air terminal in the country, Reuschel or Robinson or perhaps Livan Hernandez of 8 years ago was on the mound for the Giants facing Tim Hudson……or maybe even a certain former rotation-mate from their days across the Bay would have had the call against Atlanta’s starter. Not a very pretty prospect in my estimation ~~ unless the Giants lineup contained some of the guys from the ’89 and ’02 squads who had magically walked into a time machine back in the day and emerged at #24 Willie Mays Plaza in uniform and ready to have at their 93-model tormentors.

Well, that ain’t gonna happen. It’s a fantasy. What is real is more a matter of who is real. Scheduled starter for San Francisco has earned himself the nickname of “Drrrty”. There is some argument over the number of “r”s in the appellation, but general agreement around the league is that the snappy loogie has gone from a great stuff prospect with a ways to go, to an emerging ace who gives up fewer base hits per inning than any other hurler in The Show. Name is Sanchez. Jonathan Sanchez. Sanchez of the Padres bulletin board. The pitcher who won the wild, wild West.

• zumarust said, on October 9, 2010 at 6:36 pm

That’s the big difference these days, Stix. In ’93, the Giants were stuck pitching rookie Solomon Torres the last day of the season. This season, the Giants had much more depth, and could pitch Sanchez the last day. In ’71, the Giants had to pitch Marachal the last day of the season to clinch a spot, and that messed up their rotation for the playoffs against the Pirates. This year- with Sanchez pitching the last day, the playoff rotation stayed intact. This is, as we all know, the best starting staff ever for the SF Giants. And Cain did well last night. The bullpen had a rare off-night.

43. Michael said, on October 9, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Great post, Mr. Stix…

44. Craig said, on October 9, 2010 at 7:17 pm

If you asked me what team do I hate more than any other it would take me about a nano second to answer: USC. I want the cardinal to stomp on their throats in the second half of this game

• zumarust said, on October 9, 2010 at 7:22 pm

When you’re at a game that has USC in it you really learn to dislike their band. They play the same annoying fight song about a zillion times during the game.
      Kind of what it’s going to be like hearing the Atlanta fans in that stadium tomorrow.

• willied said, on October 9, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Classic finish Flav…kicker who almost cost them the shit finishes them off. Cards D gave up 500 yds. and Luck etc. bails them out. Also drive helped by classic stupid USC penalty for 15 yds. Awesome.

• Craig said, on October 9, 2010 at 8:51 pm

I freaking loved the 15 yard penalty. Stupid ass USC bullshit. I’ve been in 6 fights in my life, legit fights. All 6 guys looked like lane kiffin…

45. zumarust said, on October 9, 2010 at 7:24 pm

It’s looking muy malo for the Twins.

46. Craig said, on October 9, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Zoom, I couldn’t agree more. The single redeeming thing that school has going for it is their whores. Loo loves himself the USC whores….

• TedSpe said, on October 9, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Oh come on. That undermines all the other whores Loo loves

47. max808 said, on October 9, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Wild one on the farm.

48. Craig said, on October 9, 2010 at 8:47 pm

That’s the way to hand that pussy kiffin a loss. Excellent win….stix, That post is going to be the thread post for tomorrow.

49. willied said, on October 9, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Ross looking like a keeper for 2011 starting spot after all…I didn’t think so a month ago. I’d seriously consider batting him second and FS 8th if you are going to play Sanchez at all. If you sit Pablo, does Uribe take 3B and Rent SS?

50. Craig said, on October 9, 2010 at 9:15 pm

It’s time to let rent play, if he’s healthy. He’s one of the most celebrated playoff performers of all time. He could out perform Pablo in the playoffs with his dick tied behind his back….rent at ss, uribe at 3rd….

51. ferrethead said, on October 9, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Was there any news on Wagner?

Also, if you really wanted to honor Pat, Flav, you wouldn’t have the wrong frikkin’ name next to his picture!!!!!!!

• Michael said, on October 9, 2010 at 10:07 pm

Wagner is out.

• ferrethead said, on October 9, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Thanks, sweet twinnie!

52. TedSpe said, on October 9, 2010 at 9:41 pm

stix, nice. Good narrative my friend

53. Michael said, on October 9, 2010 at 9:43 pm

I posted after they got him that I thought Ross would be the RFer next year. Nothing has happened to change my opinion. But tomorrow I’d start Rowand.

• TedSpe said, on October 9, 2010 at 9:55 pm

I’d put Rowand in tomorrow as well!!!
      Considering they don’t play again till Monday
      (rimshot)

• ferrethead said, on October 9, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Except they do play tomorrow…

• TedSpe said, on October 9, 2010 at 10:13 pm

yes my dear ferret and my apologies to twin
      I’m kind of in a weird zone right now.
      Yesterday’s loss is still resonating today. It’s been like a 48 hour day.
      Again, thanks ferret and my apologies twin

• TedSpe said, on October 9, 2010 at 10:17 pm

(thought to self)
        fuck, you try to make a little joke and some realist reminds you of what day it is. I swear…if I could only…wait…wait…am I typing this? No really. Am I typing thi…oh shit. I *am* typing this. What the fuck am I…wait a minute. I’m still typing…what the fuck is going on????
        MOMMY!!!MOMMY!!!!

• ferrethead said, on October 9, 2010 at 10:17 pm

No problem – after I typed that, I had a bit of a scare and went and checked. Who would have had to apologize then? We’re all only human.

I’m cautiously optimistic about tomorrow – Dirty is pitching, and he’s riding off a really great start! (Gee, how come I don’t hear anybody clamoring for his personal catcher to start tomorrow???)

• TedSpe said, on October 9, 2010 at 10:20 pm

Vern and Vera just landed in Atalanta.
        Coach, of course

54. Michael said, on October 9, 2010 at 9:46 pm

I agree with Flavor, as I posted last night-fuck the fruck-Uribe, Rent, Fontenot tomorrow. Fruckie, feel free to make me eat my words..

55. Michael said, on October 9, 2010 at 10:22 pm

I’ll forgive you if you don’t tell Ferret about Susan…. Uh-oh. Ferret, let me explain. See, I was abducted by aliens and, uh… shit, I’m just fucked. Roses or See’s?

• TedSpe said, on October 9, 2010 at 10:25 pm

If you’re smart, both

• zumarust said, on October 9, 2010 at 10:41 pm

There’s a scene in Walk Hard- the Dewey Cox story, where Dewey is in bed with another woman when his wife walks in the door, and Dewey says to his wife: “It’s not what it looks like!” and the woman in bed says “Who’s that?!” Dewey says “That’s my wife” The woman in bed says “You’re married?!” And Dewey says to the woman in bed: “It’s not what it looks like” And Dewey’s wife says angrily: “It has to be what it looks like to ONE of us!”

• ferrethead said, on October 10, 2010 at 1:08 am

I know all about Susan – or as much as I’d like to… Hey, there’s a reason I’m number 6; kinda comes with the territory! (For future note, groveling and diamonds work best! lol)

56. Michael said, on October 9, 2010 at 10:49 pm

I saw that, good flick.

57. unca_chuck said, on October 10, 2010 at 12:15 am

Fruckenstein’s ready to go, and neither Panda or Buster is worse the wear for the collision yesterday.

Font (and Fruckie) play.

58. DJLoo said, on October 10, 2010 at 12:52 am

Bar-room sluts love Loo…

59. […] history will be at it’s peak…….. “stixwiz said, on October 9, 2010 at 6:10 pm […]

60. stixwiz said, on October 10, 2010 at 4:56 pm