A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

If you’re Texas, it’s “re-start your series” time

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 30, 2010

Texas finally gets to flee the un-friendly confines of ATT and head back to “The Ballpark In Wherever The Hell Arlington” is. I’ve got news for them, that alone won’t be enough. But let’s look at what will be different for them by going back home:

1) crowd noise. that park can get sickeningly loud. That could help them, maybe most so by disturbing the Giants concentration.

2) Hamilton was sick last week. If he’s over his flu that will help them a little

3) they should finally be able to get their closer in the game. Whether they have a “classic closing” situation or not, Washington can’t wait any longer. Feliz is their best reliever by a mile, it’s a joke he hasn’t made it into a game yet. But who knows, maybe Wash is planning on throwing Holland out there again for 30 or 40 more balls……

4) right field. It’s a wind tunnel out there and they know how to use it. The exact opposite of where they played the first two games of the series.

5) Vlad gets back in the line up. We are countering with Sandoval at DH. I am cautiously optimistic that getting defense OFF Pablo’s mind might help him enough so that he can be productive in the DH role—especially against a pitcher who is hardly dominant……

Texas definitely plays well at home. Most good teams do. I think they’ll get a bit of a bounce from the points listed above, but it won’t matter because their bullpen is in such shockingly bad shape. Psychologically, I think that bullpen is screwed and a trip home isn’t going to fix it– they need like a team of Vienna’s finest working with those guys……

1. stixwiz said, on October 30, 2010 at 7:31 am

Said it before game one and now re-reiterating it: Key for the giants hitting approach will continue to be wearing down that starter. It appears that this simple, commonsense take was exactly what did occur in games one and two. It took some while to get at Lee, but when they did the Texas BP was delicious. Once they wore down the game two starter, that bunch of relievers was positively scrumptious, probably even better than that meal Michael is planning.

Texas will try their damndest to get inside Drrrrrty’s head. Might happen. Probably will not. His meltdowns have become more and more infrequent as the season has progressed. All the pressure is on the DeRangers now and Sanchez knows it. If they are hungry to win at home they will be hacking and lunging~ and that guy’s stuff is downright dirty.

Team is beyond the belief mode now. Time has finally arrived where they know they are good. Best in baseball.

2. stixwiz said, on October 30, 2010 at 9:04 am

DeRangers bullpen now is likely to be more nervous than a cat with a litter of puppies. Get at em early and it’s looking real good for the G-Men. Their hitters are gonna be hyperanxious and ready to swat at anything. Sanchez is just the dude to give them anything. This one could get nasty again.

3. twinfan said, on October 30, 2010 at 9:39 am

Colby Lewis SHOULD be the kind our guys like- he’s no finesse guy , he’ll get it up enough, I look for Andres and Huff in particular to step up this afternoon. I’m not real worried about Dirty, whatever goes down I don’t see Bochy letting it get away. But I see him going 5 or 6, a couple runs and to the pen. 6-3, Giants with the MadBum to close it out tomorrow against a defeated bunch of Bushies..

• TedSpe said, on October 30, 2010 at 10:25 am

I think the main problem with Colby Lewis is…his parents named him after the last name of the family on DYNASTY. I mean…get real, people

4. eddacker415 said, on October 30, 2010 at 9:42 am

Sitting on Texas until the cry ‘uncle’ seems very likely, except for one thing:
    the whole season it has never been dominate straight on winning for this team.
    torture dictates we battle for the series.

My belief is simple. the team that beat the two best teams in the AL is going to lose to the team that beat the best team in the NL. The Giants were always around the fifth best team overall during the season. And now in the post season they will have effectively beat every other top team to be WS champs.

Woo Hoo

5. dirtnrocksnreno said, on October 30, 2010 at 9:46 am

Sanchez is the perfect guy for today’s game. Dominant stuff and used to 5 inning 100+ pitch efforts. DH slot won’t phase him.

6. JBat said, on October 30, 2010 at 9:57 am

Aubrey is so due for a homer it’s not even funny, and Arlington is the perfect place for him to jack one. Three run dinger tonight or tomorrow. Bank it.

As for crowd noise, these guys went into Philly for a critical game 6 and beat a good team in front of the loudest, rudest fans outside of Yankee Stadium. I don’t see it being a huge issue.

7. Kevin said, on October 30, 2010 at 10:02 am

Wow I didn’t know that after the 2 losses at AT&T that the Rangers are 0-11 there!!

8. Flavor said, on October 30, 2010 at 10:10 am

I think Dirrrrty is gonna be lights out for 5 or 6. If he starts to falter, Bochy won’t hesitate, he’ll be gone. But I see a very solid effort coming from him today……

9. xootsuit said, on October 30, 2010 at 10:14 am

Vienna’s finest? Addressing the Tx bullpen’s head problems won’t fix anything. What good would psychotherapy do? Get them to realize suddenly that they’re mediocre and shouldn’t worry when the Giants blast them all over the field?

10. TedSpe said, on October 30, 2010 at 10:16 am

MATT CAIN: TOO COOL FOR…WHATEVER RHYMES WITH COOL
    ———————————————————————————
    Cain was asked why he didn’t tip his cap to the fans as he left the field Thursday night. When I read his reply, I *totally* heard Clint Eastwood’s voice:
    “There was a runner on base”
    Fuuuuck.
    Now, in full disclosure, my ladyfriend (at my age, girlfriend sounds kinda gross) said “No. Schwarzenegger”
    Whatever. Cain be de man!

11. Flavor said, on October 30, 2010 at 10:27 am

well Xoot, when they’ve got a reliever who throws 13 balls out of 14 pitches (or whatever it was) then I think that has at least something to do with irritation in the dome. Their bullpen is choking in the face of the pressure. Their manager is too, paralyzed, unable to make a move. Their whole team needs to step it up, across the board, if they expect to do something other than get swept……..

12. snarkk said, on October 30, 2010 at 10:28 am

Is the Texas pitching coach a Freudian or Jungian?…

• TedSpe said, on October 30, 2010 at 10:38 am

He’s a Freujungian. Believes both the super ego *and* the id are in par with each other.
      He may be right. It got them in the WS. But it ain’t working so far

13. twinfan said, on October 30, 2010 at 10:36 am

Remember when the talk was all about the goober idiot Matt Cain? Who was the dumbest Giant? Usually got down to Matt or Lewis…
    Who would it be now? Nate has sort of a neandethal look but no… how about Pat the Bat? He’s calm but maybe not much rolls through that coiffure and penetrates brain…Vern and Vera’s lad? Nah, he’s coaching material… Santiago? He’s goofy but I wouldn’t want to say dumb… so? I’m going with the Zitster. Just because he probably just never needed a brain.

• TedSpe said, on October 30, 2010 at 10:40 am

…nor used one

• xootsuit said, on October 30, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Nate, on the roster. He’s as dumb as he looks. Velez, otherwise; although, when relaxed and laughing he looks like someone with an IQ 50 points higher. Those guys seem to have hit learning plateaux.

14. DJLoo said, on October 30, 2010 at 11:42 am

Freddy Sanchez reminds me of John Leguiziamo.

• delmardennis said, on October 30, 2010 at 1:03 pm

I think Mira doesn’t get her just due as a hottie. I think the fact that she can actually act knocks her down a peg or two.

15. delmardennis said, on October 30, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Torres CF, Sanchez 2B, Huff 1B, Posey C, Burrell LF, Ross RF, Uribe 3B, Sandoval DH, Renteria SS

I didn’t know they stacked shit that high. Throw a NO Whitey as the cherry on top and you have yourself one delicious banana shit cake.

16. Kevin said, on October 30, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Their grid for where the pitch goes is crap, it favors the ump so they don’t look bad!!