1. More. Win.

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 1, 2010

I woke up this morning, rolled out of bed and noticed something unusual:

I was at the top of Mount Everest. I took off my goggles, looked around….It’s the biggest world I’ve ever seen. I would worry about sun blindness except for the fact that all the light is radiating from me, not towards me. So I’m just sitting here, quietly, writing the words that you’re reading now, atop this goddamn mountain. As a  Giants fan, I’ve been Sisyphus. And yet this morning, here I sit next to my boulder at the top of Mount Everest, unsure of what to do next…….

If any of you have any ideas, I’d love to hear them……..

1. twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:17 pm

I am SO nervous. Excited… I’m going to watch from the porch…

2. snarkk said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Give Timmeh the damn ball to finish it. If they get a hit, bring in BW…

3. tizzle said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:20 pm

I passed on driving back to the city tonight to watch this, instead sharing the moment with a six pack of Sierra Nevada and my 6 month old Yellow Lab Dexter. He clearly understands this is a big moment and something special is happening. He’s barely licked his balls since the 3rd inning…

• blade3colorado said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:21 pm

LMAO

4. alleykat said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:20 pm

Tim starts the 9th Book it! 10 k’s 2 Cy Young’s says he finishes….

5. Kevin said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:20 pm

I hate these announcers, no knew these young Giants pitchers would step up in the series, if you watched them like we have all year you would have known!!

6. Kevin said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:21 pm

Damn, 21 cents a gallon for Gas?? I could live with that

7. delmardennis said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:22 pm

I don’t know what I’m feeling right now, I’m really numb. Wilson was warming in the pen, but I’d stick w/ Tim.

8. Kevin said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:23 pm

Please everyone remember to breathe during the next 3 batters!!

9. Kevin said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Yes I said the next 3 batters.

10. tizzle said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:28 pm

Sit down Josh…easy call

11. delmardennis said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:28 pm

Take a picture, Josh. It’ll last longer. SIT DOWN !

See ya, Vlad. Oh shit, one to go.

12. Bozo said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Ok I said this below back in March. I may not have been right through most of the story but I nailed it at the end.

Flappers and Flepperettes may I introduce Your World Champion San Francisco Giants.

Bozo said…

HAPPY NEW YEAR FLAPPERS.
    Yes it’s the year of the Panda. A year in which we jump into our new DeRosa and drive over to the Nate the Great Bar and Grill. Posey on in while leaning on your Cain and drink a Huff over Ishi. Watch a full episode of Renteria. Discuss some Bochy plays while spitting out the Flannery in your throat. Some say it’ll be a Freakish year, Dirty and Filthy but Natsu Nasty, as the Rags to Bam Bam story plays out.
    A year when Flappers everywhere finally are able to sing out as one ‘This Is Your World Champion San Francisco Giants’.
    Yes, a happy new year indeed.
    Cheers
    March 3, 2010 6:22 AM

13. TedSpe said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:30 pm

done

14. blade3colorado said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:30 pm

UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOWZAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

WE ARE THE CHAMPS OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!

15. slo_roll said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:31 pm

YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSS :)))))))) TREMENDOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. delmardennis said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:31 pm

WE DID IT ! ! !

17. willied said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:31 pm

Wilson the indomitable. Wasn’t going to happen on his watch, all year.

18. twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:32 pm

So? One ring in 56 years? Slugs…

19. tizzle said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:33 pm

I feel…peaceful

20. Macdog said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:33 pm

San Francisco

• Macdog said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:33 pm

WE’RE NUMBER ONE!

21. alleykat said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:33 pm

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG IAM COMPLETELY NUMB THIS TEAM IS UNBELIEVLABLE 56 YEARS OF TORTURE IS OVER.GOD I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!! And All of the FLAP NATION!!!!!!!!!!!

22. delmardennis said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:35 pm

I can’t believe we’re the World Champs having to trot out shitty lineup after shitty lineup each and every day.

And oh yeah, we did it with NO Whitey. I love this team. I love all you guys and gals.
    I’m so happy for everybody.And I’m so happy for our beloved “Blockhead.”
    Plain and simple; Bochy is the goddamn man.

23. snarkk said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:36 pm

I can die happy now. There are NO WORDS…

24. tizzle said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Congrats Flappers, it’s been an amazing year. Not just the finish, but the whole thing. Games won by Eli Whiteside, Aaron Rowand, Jose Guillen, Darren Ford, Kelly fucking Downs…special year and I’ll never forget it

25. wswinb4igo said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:38 pm

I’m tearing with pride like a father looking at his kids…

26. Ih1978 said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Yeahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:41 pm

I’ll write about this more tomorrow, I’m sure. For now, I’m just so happy for these guys, everyone of them. We’re going to sit down to the cassoulet now, then to the bar “en parade”… my Clover is on ice… I just kissed Lisa and Zeke and Bea… Bea didfn’t like being third…

28. Jon's Bro said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:41 pm

Giants win! Congrats, y’alll. Now how the heck did you get Zero Mostel to be your closer?

29. wswinb4igo said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:42 pm

I just feel like its impossible for them to hurt me anymore…My father said to me what I read in an article pre series coverage…He said, “the Giants will break your heart”…not this year or anymore ….

30. dirtnrocksnreno said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:43 pm

VICTORY!!!!!!!

31. twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Need your address, Kat, the Gamer is yours and ready to ship. Dog, I’ll send your certificate…

32. twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:55 pm

These men will be heroes in SF for as long as they live- and beyond…

33. xootsuit said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Was I the only one who voted for Lincecum as player of the year? Last time I looked on that thread, I was. Fucking unbelievable. Timmy is the man. Player of the Year, by a mile. But the entire team won this thing, game after game, series after series. And Bochy worked the Rubik’s Cube LU with genius all season long. You all know this. You were there in November, we all were, arguing over FAs. Now, after following every fucking pitch, every fucking play, every fucking swing, here we are, celebrating.

When Wilson blew that last pitch past Cruz, my 13 year old son came running across the room screaming, arms wide, like some sort of supercharged catcher headed for the mound. What could I do? I caught him in mid-air and and hugged him like a winning pitcher hugging his catcher.

The Giants are the Champs.

34. tizzle said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Edgar Renteria: 2009 FA Signing of the Year

35. ferrethead said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36. twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:59 pm

It took all year but when it finally got down to it- Brian Wilson. Not Tim, Cain, Huff, Torres, Posey. Wilson was the guy… IMHO.

37. freshtodef80 said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:04 pm

OMG!!! We did it!!

38. Nipper said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Just downed my last Old Milwaukee and it was nice and cold! Damn World Champs! Kinda nice! Gotta get one of those Tee shirts!

39. twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:19 pm

Ok, I take it back-it was all of them. No team has ever had more MVPs… ever.

40. Sportdude said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:29 pm

What a team!!!!!!!!!!

Unreal. So happy, but don’t know how to act!!!

41. willied said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Fuuny thing…buddy of mine who was there Wed had a line on tickets for Game 6. Tough break, homeboy

42. snarkk said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:31 pm

PsOTG: Rent, Timmeh. You pick the order…

43. ferrethead said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Thank you, Giants!
    Thank you, Flappers!
    Thank you, Flav!!!

So happy…..

44. PawlieKokonuts said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Yes, warrior heroes in the annals of history, as Twin rightly said it. I am numb and speechless. As I said in the new thread — lovely video by Magnus — our hearts can never feel that same hunger again. Ever. Our hearts are wild with joy, and some of that wild joy will always reside within if we choose to tap it. I mean that. And thanks again, Craig, for this cathedral.

I feel vindicated, relieved, validated, whole, serene, humbled, moved, grateful. I used to think it would have to be a letdown after all these years (I’m 62 on December 18). It’s not.

45. blade3colorado said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:44 pm

Wow . . . I’m trying to access the SF Gate, but I guess other people are too, i.e., there is a significant “bottleneck” and I would imagine no one is able to access the site. Probably the same for the SJ Mercury.

• TedSpe said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:06 pm

FUCK THE SPLASH!!!!

• blade3colorado said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Not likely Ted . . . Trying to get a feel for what is going on in the SF bay area and the Splash would be the last place I’d look.

46. stixwiz said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:05 pm

The HALLOWEEN MACHINE = WORLD CHAMPS.

47. stixwiz said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:11 pm

In case you didn’t notice: My comment was #256. It’s been 56 years since i fell in love with Willie Mays as a ten year old kid. World Champs for the sixth time, along with 19 NL Pennants. Last time was the New York Giants in 1954, 56 years ago. It’s been a long wait. Feeling on toppa the world.

Now for the years of the Giants Dynasty, based on the best Rotation of the 21st Century. There’s this old baseball adage: Good pitching trumps good hitting. Giants proved it over and over again in the Post Season. Confirmed it tonight.

48. Kevin said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Giants pitching staff all under the age of 30!!