1. More. Win.

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 1, 2010

I woke up this morning, rolled out of bed and noticed something unusual:

I was at the top of Mount Everest. I took off my goggles, looked around….It’s the biggest world I’ve ever seen. I would worry about sun blindness except for the fact that all the light is radiating from me, not towards me. So I’m just sitting here, quietly, writing the words that you’re reading now, atop this goddamn mountain. As a  Giants fan, I’ve been Sisyphus. And yet this morning, here I sit next to my boulder at the top of Mount Everest, unsure of what to do next…….

If any of you have any ideas, I’d love to hear them……..

1. PawlieKokonuts said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:14 am

What to do? Bask in it. (Poetic and powerful, Magnus. And beautiful.)

From the Online Etymology Dictionary:
    Bask
    late 14c., basken “to wallow (in blood),” from O.N. baðask, reflexive of baða “bathe” (see bathe). Modern meaning “soak up a flood of warmth” is apparently due to Shakespeare’s use of the word in reference to sunshine in “As You Like It” (1600).

2. Giant Head said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:16 am

Well last night was the first game I actually had butterflies in this World Series. Even with Matty’s 2-0 lead going into the 9th, I just had the calm feeling we would close it out. The extra 7 runs helped seal that.

But last night, I could not believe the way Bumgarner was mystifying the Rangers, who had only been shutout once at home this whole season. I was waiting for that one bad pitch that never came…

My heart was pounding through the 7th and 8th and Wilson has never been better. What a performance…one more baby.

I would love to win the World Series at home, but time to go in for the kill….

• PawlieKokonuts said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:27 am

Agreed. Do it tonight. All Saints Day. All Giants Night.

3. bigSarge said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:29 am

Flavor, you should enjoy it! Remember the feelings, smell the smells, see the sights, hears the sounds. Let your senses take over. It feels damn good! You never if and when this is going to happen again. The baseball world now has no choice but to recognize the greatness of this team. From the flat out dominance of the pitching staff to the individual contributions that lead to a beautiful collective effort. What a display of what it truly means to be a team. Even those that haven’t played still contribute in the clubhouse with great attitudes.

4. PawlieKokonuts said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:45 am

Yes. I just read at the NYT that this is the first home-grown rotation in 24 years. Home Grown! And Sabes is reported as saying, “There’s a lot of bones to bury.” Bury dem bones tonight, baby!

5. JBat said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:57 am

Watching that game last night and revelling in Bumgarner’s tremendous performance, I kept thinking of that commercial Fox has been running non-stop, the one that talks about the Rangers going for their first World Series win ever and Nolan Ryan and all of that crap, and never once mentions the Giants and their great run, and I thought to myself, “Not this year boys. This is our time.”

6. JBat said, on November 1, 2010 at 7:58 am

And, yes, by all means, win it tonight. Win tonight and have the parade Wednesday. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

7. max808 said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:08 am

Now that Cain and Bumgarner each have one, Lincecum will be inspired to craft one for himself to rival those near perfect works. An exclamation to wild, giddy and improbable year.

Just one more step to the summit.

8. Bozo said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:13 am

Don’t need no stinking goggles, Flav. Your eyesight is clear, the pinnacle is within reach. Grab it now, plant a Giants flag on top and claim the world as ours.

9. snarkk said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:29 am

BF, there a little knob over on the other side of the Summit, that’s the last game that has to be climbed and won. Just roll the boulder over there and make it happen. One game at a time, just one more…

10. zumarust said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:30 am

Definitely, get it done tonight.

11. willied said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:34 am

It’s hard to breathe and stay calm. Don’t know how the Bum does it. I thought he would have a good game but more like Philly, not 8 shutout innings vs. Tex in their yard.

My old b-ball coach used to tell us, “when you got em by the balls, you gotta squeeze.” Love to see tim out duel Lee again and end this shit tonite….and i can exhale into emptiness (words of shunryu suzuki).

• JBat said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:42 am

Haha. I love that line.

12. JBat said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:42 am

To continue the Mount Everest theme, the Giants are at the base of the Hillary Step. They scale that and it’s clear sailing to the summit.

GO GIANTS!!!!!

• TedSpe said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:43 am

The Hillary Step? Hey, let’s keep poltics out of this!

13. Macdog said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:45 am

It’d be great see Timmy stick a fork in the heart of Texas and bring it home. As Ray Kroc once said: “If any of my competitors were drowning, I’d stick a hose in their mouth and turn on the water.”

14. twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:46 am

If it ends tonight, nothing says more about this team than that no less than 6 players can still grab series MVP… what was my call? Giants in 5, return of the long ball, Torres MVP? Still have a good shot. Left to be done:
    1. NO Whitey! ( I want Vera’s 4-Soup Divan recipe)
    2. Some love for Dirty- he did NOT implode, he gave up 4-like, uh: Timmy
    3. Win Number 4

15. twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:52 am

Chuck-send me your address, pal.

• twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:53 am

And I suspect I will need Kat’s as well.

16. Kevin said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:52 am

21 years old and you shut out a good offensive team in the WS, must be rough having your whole life in front of you. What do you do for an encore?? Could he have a Cy Young somewhere down the line?? hmmm…

17. Flavor said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:57 am

check out the vid someone just sent me– i posted it in the main thread today.

18. Kevin said, on November 1, 2010 at 8:57 am

So the Bochy haters and the Doomers over on the Splash are going to have a hard time pulling their heads out of the sand to be able to comment on the Giants. They should not be heard from again for a whole year!!

• JBat said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:30 am

I notice sophrosyne posts very little when the Giants are doing well.

19. Macdog said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:00 am

As everyone has said, what a wondrous game to watch by the unFLAPpable Mr. Bumgarner. My nerves may have finally abated a bit when he came out after the ridiculously long delay in the 7th and threw Strike 1. Nothing fazes this kid. Nothing. My god, what a staff this team has.

20. delmardennis said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:01 am

Sisyphus, take that boulder of yours and chisel out the face of our beloved “Blockhead,” Bruce Bochy. Just as Zeus is the “Father of Gods and men,” Bruce Bochy is our baseball god, and our Father of men.

Just one more from Bochy and his men and it’ll be time to break out that sweet ambrosia.
    I’m beginning to taste it.

21. Flavor said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:02 am

I’m not at Hilary’s Step, I’m at the top. There is NO CHANCE that the Rangers beat us three straight games, 2 of which are in SF. They have been soundly beaten. They have scored one run since the 2nd inning of GAME 3. One run. In their ballpark, a place we were told they would have no problem blasting balls out of. This is what I was hoping would happen: Texas has NEVER faced a pitching staff that is ROCK SOLID from SP through the bullpen through the closer. And if you looked at their faces last night, they know they’re beaten, too….

• Kevin said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:06 am

Now that is POTD!! Once you said that, I can post this, First home game next year:

Ladies and Gentleman the 2010 World Series Champions…”YOUR” San Francisco Giants!!

• JBat said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:31 am

I’m with ya man. One more win guys!!!

22. xootsuit said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:06 am

I rarely listen to the Giants “Injury Report” segment on KNBR while I’m in the car. Same old same old, generally. (“And Mark Derosa . . . .”) But the report I heard yesterday afternoon was different. “And the Giants may take a look at Jonathan Sanchez’s shoulder. His velocity was down and he clearly looked worn out in his four innings of work . . . .” Barry Zito’s waiting in the wings for game 7? In any event, that game will never happen. I would like to see a gem from Lincecum tonight, a dazzling shut-down game. He would automatically place himself into the crowd of Giants vying for MVP and it would become obvious to everyone watching that the entire Giants team has done this.

23. twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:10 am

There might have been one or two people on board this spring that Bumgarner was still going to be a stud, of course the Oracle was one of them. Yes, I’m feeling good about my calls this morning…
    but some I missed:
    Huff, after April, I was skeptical
    Fruckie: still flawed, did have to be threatened before he’d play, but the fuckster can flash that glove
    Panda: well, everyone of us missed.
    Rowand: I thought reduced playing time would make him more productive. It might have but Andres took over and Torres is still my team MVP…

24. dirtnrocksnreno said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:16 am

Holy shit Madison Bumgarner! When you’ve got that kind of talent who needs a personality.

25. twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:18 am

And yeah, Xoot was right about Tim… I did not think he’d regain dominance, I thought he’d have to make a FAST adjustment to finesse or perish.. was it two inches off the coiffure? Long toss? Rededication? Daddy? Buster? Rags? All of the above?

26. JBat said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:34 am

It sounds like Sanchy is just fatigued, which is no surprise given all the innings he’s thrown this year. No plans for tests by the G’s, according to Schulman.

• xootsuit said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:46 am

I didn’t see Henry S’s piece. Thanks. Sanchez only threw 72 pitches Saturday. If his shoulder is fine, he should be ready on regular rest. That’s good. They may schedule the parade for Thursday and he’ll need to wave both arms freely.

27. twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:49 am

Working on a serious system for an old customer today-this is where the real high end graphics come in, a Sapphire Radeon HD5970 2GB card, about 600 bucks. And he’s contemplating adding a second one depending on the frame rates after I benchmark it. For why? Better blood…

28. Unca Chuck said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:50 am

Sent it, Mike . . .

29. Kevin said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:50 am

Here is an article in SI, check this out

30. Kevin said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:54 am

There is a video in that article, watch Huff’s homer and then they show the look on F Sanchez’s face…priceless.

31. Giant Head said, on November 1, 2010 at 9:56 am

Once Torres got hot in Philly, we have been unstoppable…

32. PawlieKokonuts said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:02 am

Geez, I get choked up reading these comments. I’m gonna fall apart when we plant that flag. But it’s all good.

33. snarkk said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:05 am

I told all you guys to stop your rippin on Timmeh in August, he deserved better. And he got it going again big time in September, and into the playoffs. I think he’s a little beat now, I dunno how he’ll do tonight, but it won’t be for lack of effort. I never did hear an explanation for him on that botched pickle play in Series Game 1 at third where he seemed to have a doobage moment not throwin the ball to third base. Anybody hear an explanation?….

• JBat said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:10 am

He just said he had a brain fart. It has to be because he thought Renteria coming over to the bag was one of the Ranger base runners, and that he’d just have to tag one of them.

• snarkk said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:22 am

Thanks JB. I thought that might have been it, there were a bunch of guys standing there…

• twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:20 am

He deserved to be ripped.He was horrible and nearly sabotaged their year…

34. snarkk said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:11 am

Friggin ESPN after the game, one of the tools was sayin that it looked liked Posey didn’t get all of his HR, maybe the wind was helpin’, or some such nonsense. The ball landed 20 feet behind the wall up the grassy knolll!. These East Coast Yankee biatches guys never stop dissing the Gyros….

• bigSarge said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:14 am

Not making excuses for them, because Lord knows I can’t stand them….but, when it left the bat it didn’t sound like he got all of it and I thought it was going to be a routine pop fly. But the thing just kept going

• JBat said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:22 am

I think he put a nice backspin on the ball and that really helped it carry. But when a ball travels some 415 feet and all some tool from ESPN can do is make a disparaging comment about it, that just tells you where their loyalties lie. Screw them. Win the Series and all of that goes bye bye.

• Bozo said, on November 1, 2010 at 12:13 pm

I don’t know about you guys, but I find it strange that they would include a grassy knoll in the ballpark design. Given Dallas’ history with grassy knolls.

35. Giant Head said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:13 am

Is it tempting fate for me to buy cigars and champagne???

• Unca Chuck said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:16 am

No, but telling us about it is . . .

• TedSpe said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:17 am

Are the Rangers going to win 3 in a row, 2 at ATT? Get the stogies!!

• snarkk said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:24 am

I keep scotch and stogies always in inventory for special occasions.

Like sundown…

• TedSpe said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:48 am

Or days ending with a y

• ewisco said, on November 1, 2010 at 1:52 pm

but that’s only when i’m alone or with someone.

36. bigSarge said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:23 am

Planning on going AWOL to attend the parade. I know lying about a death in the family is in really poor taste, but I can’t think of another way for them to let me leave.

• Kevin said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:36 am

You could alwas say you were a Rangers fan, that will be a death in the family!!

37. twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:24 am

Didn’t expect Snarkk to be such a homie, Buster’s ball never looked like it was going out.

38. delmardennis said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:44 am

The ball Buster hit had help from above. Oh wait, he is from above.

39. DJLoo said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:46 am

Do they actually refer to that area of the ballpark as the grassy knoll?

• JBat said, on November 1, 2010 at 10:50 am

Lol

• Bozo said, on November 1, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Loo – I was just questioning the grassy knoll thing up above.

40. eddacker415 said, on November 1, 2010 at 11:01 am

I had such a moment last night: I stopped worrying, analysing or being a fan. I just watched; let the game take over. I sat there like soaking in some art at a museum. Letting the game be the everything.
    And it was gorgeous.
    Then suddenly I remembered every WS I had ever watched or attended only this one was different, better, special. My Giants were playing and winning and looking every bit the best team in baseball.
    I was swept away to the heights.
    hello, Craig, :))

41. delmardennis said, on November 1, 2010 at 11:01 am

One of my favorite moments from last night was when Farmer John struck out Guerrero for the third and final time in the seventh inning. “Bad” Vlad looked bad alright. He looked throughly dazed and confused on that check-swing strike three.

It was a (trick-or-) treat to watch Bumgarner last night. What’s left to say about our young country boy?
    Goddamn. He’s pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

42. twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 11:43 am

OK, here is today, and I know I am being completely premature but everyone is here and can’t be here day after tomorrow. Lisa is picking up Bea and they’ll make fruit tarts, after the confit, the sausages, smoked pork loin, beans, we’ll need a light dessert. I’ve abandoned imbibing. I had thought of hard cider but after more than a decade without likker, it might not have been the best idea. If my MRI had been more dire, I’d probably lift a few… my honored guest is a man who lost boh legs in Vietnam. He flies the Union and Confederate flags on his chair, he’s a Ranger fan, he thinks Dubya is soft on commies, and I love him…he’ll do my ties and wires for the sytem I’m working on, he has fingers like a virtuoso. Tonight there WILL be a parade, even if it’s just to the store for rolling papers and whiskey for the drinkers…
    My expectation? Tim goes 9, 5-0…

• TedSpe said, on November 1, 2010 at 11:54 am

Lofty expectation.
      Doable.
      But lofty. Bochy was right tio pull Bumgarner after the 8th after 106 pitches and it being only game 4 but if Linceum’s in the same position, yeah let him finish

• xootsuit said, on November 1, 2010 at 12:04 pm

The Giants were 43-38 on the road this season.
      Tim, in 16 road starts, was 7-3; his WHIP was 1.171. 1/2 (115) of his SOs occurred on the road.
      Bum, of course, was, remarkably, 6-3 on the road. Sanchez was 5-5, Cain 5-7, Zito 3-8, and Wellemeyer, remarkably, 0-4.
      We have the second part of the combination we need going tonight. Also, as the numbers above show, we have the bullpen to finish it off.
      I think Lincecum goes 7, the Giants win 3-2, and fully half of the posters on the flap tell someone in their immediate family to get ready to dial 911.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on November 1, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Twin,
      You just wrote a Hemingway-ish short story.

43. blade3colorado said, on November 1, 2010 at 11:46 am

“There is so much handwriting on the wall that even the wall fell down.”

Even if the Rangers don’t believe or know this, it is TRUE.

44. stixwiz said, on November 1, 2010 at 11:52 am

Baseball Gods have been smiling on the Giants so far in the Post-Season. What a flip from year upon year of seasons past. Whether it’s the bounce of the ball or the umpire’s call, this go-round its been going S.F.s way. One more game, that’s all we ask.

Actually WATCHING the game last night at a buddy’s place was pretty instructive: The look on Freddy’s face when Huff the Magic Dragon’s moonshot had all the eyes of Texas upon him: The total glow surrounding the pair of Rooks in the dugout going into the ninth as Buster gave Bumgarner that huge, warm hug before heading back behind the plate to catch Wilson’s closedown of the shutout: The keyed-in look of steely determination in the eyes and face of Torrid El Torres just before he knipped that double off first base and over the diving Moreland’s head to drive in that dancing, scooting RentMan in one of the most perfect hit and run combos i’ve ever seen.

Biggest watch of all though added to the Giants lengthening list of one of the most wondrous casts of characters in baseball history. Really the first time i had a chance to actually look at that 21 Y.O. Tarheel. Powerful, looming eyebrows; long, lugubrious face; nerveless, deadpan expression. There is not a funeral director across the fruited plain who would not give up his left nut to have that look on his staff: THE UNDERTAKER.

Cast of character Rotation for the Halloween Machine now reads: The Freak; The Horse; Dirty Sanchez and now; The Undertaker. This is the look of doom for N.L. batters for years to come. I’m ready to say it and to say it again: With this Rotation, plus their “Fear the Beard” closer and their rifle-armed, thinking-man’s catcher, the Giants showed their true Orange and Black colors last night, on Halloween, in Dallas, as baseball’s new DYNASTY.

• JBat said, on November 1, 2010 at 12:06 pm

The Undertaker. I like it!

• xootsuit said, on November 1, 2010 at 12:07 pm

While I was looking at Bum’s stats I saw a blog piece dated today, with the headline: “Now that Bumgarner has arrived, is either Lincecum or Cain expendable?”

• Kevin said, on November 1, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Why would you consider trading or letting go the other pitcher who pitched a shut out?? That would be plain stupid IMO.

• xootsuit said, on November 1, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Let go? Uh, I don’t think that’s the idea. But just wait. We’ll hear lots of rumors about Cain this winter and the big bats available in trade for him.

• PawlieKokonuts said, on November 1, 2010 at 1:22 pm

I hope The Undertaker sticks! You heard it first here, world.

45. Unca Chuck said, on November 1, 2010 at 11:56 am

So, back to baseball. Does Rowand get the start over Burrell?

Whitehead over Posey?

Just kidding . . .

46. Unca Chuck said, on November 1, 2010 at 11:57 am

Not kidding about Burrell . . .

• TedSpe said, on November 1, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Bochy said Burrell will return to the lineup against lefty Cliff Lee

• JBat said, on November 1, 2010 at 12:07 pm

And go yard.

47. max808 said, on November 1, 2010 at 12:01 pm

The Hollywood version would have Aaron hitting the game winning hr.

The champagne here is still unopened, despite the significance of last night’s win. I want to celebrate in full, but I don’t want it to feel anticlimactic. Thus, I’m going to remain on Hilary’s step or whatever metaphor you like. They may when 2 or 3 more in the next 10 yrs, but this one will always rate higher.

48. TedSpe said, on November 1, 2010 at 12:10 pm

The Giants are on Hillary’s step and the Rangers are about to be rapt in the arms of Morpheus

49. Giant Head said, on November 1, 2010 at 12:25 pm

So after reading everyone’s comments, I will be going to certain stores and purchasing certian products that will remain unmentioned for tonight…thank God I am playing golf tomorrow for election day!!!

50. Giant Head said, on November 1, 2010 at 12:35 pm

If Sanchez is questionable (pray to frickin God it never comes to a game 7), no way in hell do I ever bring Zito back to pitch in a Game 7.

They would throw Bum on 3 days and have Lincecum ready for a couple as well…

• Unca Chuck said, on November 1, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Yeha, if it comes to that, it’d be all hands on deck. Drrrty would get 2, Madbum 3, Timmy 3, and Willie 1 . . .

51. PawlieKokonuts said, on November 1, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Burrell will have a fine game tonight.

52. delmardennis said, on November 1, 2010 at 1:24 pm

RF Torres, 2B Sanchez, C Posey, LF Ross, 3B Uribe, 1B Huff, DH Burrell, SS Renteria, CF Rowand

• delmardennis said, on November 1, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Renteria and Rowand back-to-back. I can’t count how many times I and others bitched and moaned about seeing those two together earlier in the season. Well, if nothing else I stay true to form. WTF is “Blockhead” thinking batting them together as we try for the clincher? Son of a bitch does this lineup ever blow Texas-sized BBQ pork. How big of pork? The size NO Whitey’s mom, Vera used to make for her son when he used to play. But Vera doesn’t cook pork any more. Because as we all know, NO Whitey ever gets to play in the postseason.

• xootsuit said, on November 1, 2010 at 1:44 pm

Man, that’s a lot of mobility on the bases in 8, 9, 1 and 2. Not basestealing threats, except for Andres, but still — not a bad way to fill what would have had to accomodate the pitcher in a NL LU.

53. alleykat said, on November 1, 2010 at 1:37 pm

There’s a fantastic Video on You Tube…It’s A Giants Party! By the Rubinoos! Could someone put this on the Flap..It is Brilliant!!!!!!

54. dirtnrocksnreno said, on November 1, 2010 at 1:37 pm

I was up at 4 this morning and couldn,t get back to sleep. Go Giants!!!

55. DJLoo said, on November 1, 2010 at 1:51 pm

5-0 Twin? Was that intentional?

I still have unopened champagne from 2002. And today, my shady connections went out of their way to deliver me a “mat”. Not sure if that’s Brooklyn slang or not.

56. Unca Chuck said, on November 1, 2010 at 2:03 pm

Here it is:

• Unca Chuck said, on November 1, 2010 at 3:26 pm

The Rubinoos? I Think We’re Alone Now?

Yikes. A little too bubblegum for my tastes . . .

To each his own . . .

57. Unca Chuck said, on November 1, 2010 at 2:11 pm

The fightins blog is pretty funny. Here’s an excerpt:

———————————————————–

What a great year for the boys. With the massive amount games players missed due to injuries, lineup shuffling, and new faces all around, they did good. It’s a great accomplishment in itself to achieve such great chemistry and healthy camaraderie given such daunting circumstances. Back to back to back NLCS appearances? Wowza, this team is the new Big Red Machine. What a treat for us fans.

Fuck that.

Complacency and twat stroking like this is not what this team should strive for. The Chris Wheelers of the world spew this wretched shit; fuck them. Fuck the pussyboy PR mavens and former player, double-digit IQs analysts. This is the mantra of the Spadaronian Eagles fans, and I won’t accept it. This shit is beneath the Phillies.

This is a franchise that has, for the most part, been defined by losses. 10,000 losses was celebrated, not remanufactured into something stupid by Eagles SS Agent Dave Spadaro. There is some twatwaffery perpetuated by that guy who used to work for 6ABC, but the new Phillies want rings, not ‘appearances’. Fat Andy, the king of the PR twat waffles, strives for an efficient team, not a great team. Give me Roy Halladay on the other side of 30 becoming the supraman, not low-salaried potential. No one cares about mediocrity. No one cares about the 2nd guy to fuck that hot jailbait from that show broads like.

But there are shit stains on the red pinstripes, and they must be wiped ( or in Howdy’s case, rinsed; I like to shower after shitting).

————————————

Twat waffles? Wasn’t that thrown around here last year?

• delmardennis said, on November 1, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Does that come with some Vermont maple syrup? I only eat twat waffles if they’re smothered in rich, dark, maple syrup from the great state of Vermont. Mmm-mmm tasty.

• xootsuit said, on November 1, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Wow. That blogger writes just like a foul-mouthed version of, well, every other blogger in the baseball world.

58. twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Was it intentional? What the fuck does that mean? Of course it was, is there some significance I’m missing? 5 to zero. Giants win. As rare as it is,I could be wrong but I do not expect Lee to be sharp, I think he’s already trying on pin stripes.

59. Unca Chuck said, on November 1, 2010 at 3:23 pm

The moment Texas falls behind, it’s over . . .

Timmy looks to come out much sharperthan last time out . . .

60. Unca Chuck said, on November 1, 2010 at 3:27 pm

This. day. won’t. hurry. UP!

61. Unca Chuck said, on November 1, 2010 at 3:28 pm

Oh, man. Yer blog removed my spaces.

THe drawn out effect.

This……………………..day………………………….won’t……………………….end!!!!!!!!!

62. Flavor said, on November 1, 2010 at 3:35 pm

I’ve listened to Ashkon’s video about 15 times today– plus, Safeway was blasting it throughout the store when I was there at lunch…….

63. twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 3:37 pm

I’m as ready as I’ll be. My goodness, 56 years ago was a year before my first live game. Pop was a tyro in the broadcasting biz, Bobby Smoody was my pal, sister Sharen ruled the boys until the fateful hot dog: we camped by the creek and I grilled her a salamander… she says she may forgive me yet…
    Are we ready for some baseball?

• Bozo said, on November 1, 2010 at 4:46 pm

56 years ago I was one.
      Let’s get this party started Twin.

64. Flavor said, on November 1, 2010 at 3:39 pm

in fact, howsabout one more time….

• bigSarge said, on November 1, 2010 at 4:07 pm

Never fails to get me amped up!

65. Flavor said, on November 1, 2010 at 3:43 pm

twin, I’ve been trippin out on how many games I’ve been to, how many games I’ve listen to or watched on tv. How many hours I’ve spent blogging about this team or just thinking about them. And it’s all gonna come together with the reward of a World Series championship for the first time ever. It’s an overwhelming thought for me right now.

• twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 3:50 pm

I won’t get maudlin on it, I promise: but I am tripping a bit on being alive for it all. Let’s do it tonight… damn, the beans, the confit, it all smells soooooooooooooooooooooo good…

66. dirtnrocksnreno said, on November 1, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Let’s Go Giants!

67. Kevin said, on November 1, 2010 at 3:52 pm

So since I was 8 years old, when the games were only on the radio, is how long I have been waiting. So roughly 47 years I have been waiting for this moment in time. What a long strange trip its been.

68. TedSpe said, on November 1, 2010 at 3:55 pm

It’s almost surreal. Every morning has been surreal since they clinched on the last day against San Diego. I’m not sure how I feel. I’m so used to feeling like an Also Ran Giants’ Fan, I don’t know anything else.

69. snarkk said, on November 1, 2010 at 3:57 pm

I’ve been thinking about the SF Giants and what it would mean to be able to finally call them “World Series Champs”. I’ve identified with this team since a kid, and they’ve been most often lovable, and unlovable, losers. Losing and no or little hope seasons have always been the overwhelming landscape as long as I can remember. Even the mid 60s and late 60s when I first became baseball conscious, the team was good, with HOF hitting, but not good enough. The other 2 times winning the Pennant were great, but no brass ring, and the 2002 disappointment was almost, almost too hard to take. Now, this time, it may finally become a reality. Part of me welcomes it with some trepidation, as if after all these years, I’m not worthy, we’re not worthy as a fanbase. Or we won’t know what to do. The bigger part of me says HELL YES, I’VE WANTED THIS FOR 45 YEARS AND I WANT IT NOW, DAMMIT! WE ARE WORTHY, WE ARE GOOD, WE ARE THE BEST TEAM. GO GIANTS, BEAT SOME TEXASS, and BRING IT HOME!!!! One game at a time…

70. Flavor said, on November 1, 2010 at 3:59 pm

we forget about it, having not won it EVER in SF, but the goal IS to win the world series. Every year they fail. Now that we actually get to experience what a win feels like, I still have no idea how I’m going to react when it’s finally happens. I might videotape the moment, we’ll see……..

71. twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 4:00 pm

I’ve thought about this and whatever the score: NO WHITEY.. it would be akin to the Ortiz disaster. Vera can make him some nice soothing SOS for din-din tomorrow, Vern will put the Dirty Dozen on the DVD… and he’ll be happy…

72. blade3colorado said, on November 1, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Flav, think of it this way . . . No World Series Championships since the G-men moved West and only a few “sniffs” occur through the years (the last time 8 years ago).

Fast forward to you starting this blog and in a relatively short period of time, we are a single game from realizing all of our dreams – A WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP.

Call it alchemy, allurement, astrology, augury, bewitchment, black art, conjuring, conjury, devilry, diabolism, divination, enchantment, exorcism, fascination, foreboding, fortune-telling, hocuspocus, horoscopy, illusion, incantation, legerdemain, magnetism, necromancy, occultism, of impossible feats by tricks abracadabra, power, prediction, presage, prestidigitation, prophecy, rune, sleight of hand, soothsaying, sorcery, sortilege, spell, superstition, taboo, thaumaturgy, trickery, voodoo, witchcraft, wizardry, religious prayer, or

ORANGE AND BLACK MAGIC. Whatever you want to call it, THE FACT REMAINS IT HAPPENED ON YOUR WATCH BIG BOY AND FOR THAT I AM GRATEFUL.

GO GIANTS!

73. DJLoo said, on November 1, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Jesus, Twin, 5-0? Have you forgotten? Think about it…

• twinfan said, on November 1, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Eat shit, Loo. Or a cat. Whatever.

74. DJLoo said, on November 1, 2010 at 4:11 pm

PLAY IT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!

75. Flavor said, on November 1, 2010 at 4:12 pm

thanks Blade, I think there is unassailable evidence that me starting this blog on June 1st led ultimately and directly to a World Series championship. For that, you’re goddamn motherfucking RIGHT that I’ll take a bow. They better have a spot for me in the parade 🙂
    I was trying to kill off some nervous energy so I just went to baseball-reference.com to see how many games the Giants have played since I was born— I got distracted and lost my placed in the early 80’s— probably just as well, that would have been depressing AND overwhelming I think……..