A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

The Parade

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 4, 2010

Dems was some good vibes floatin’ around SF yesterday, right? I watched it three times (the speeches). At first, I thought Wilson’s was a little underwhelming but any reference that dude makes to “The Machine” has me doin’ some good ol’ fashioned “LQTM”. The stuff Wilson says seems so rehearsed but maybe that’s just his personality. Either way, he’s got a rockstar voice. Speaking of “rockstars”, Timmy has become one……

Posey’s speech and emphatic smack of the podium at the end had me thinking he’s going to be named team captain coming out of Spring Training next year…..

Krukow had the best *moment*…….

And Aubrey Huff is just freaking hilarious…….

My only wish is that Burrell had replaced Franchez and preceded Huff at the podium. Those dudes have been linked together since college, no reason to break up their fellowship now………

1. xootsuit said, on November 4, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Manny Burriss and Darren Ford are waiting in the wings.
    Something definitely has changed, however. I mean, look at the players who came out of little old Oakland in our (well, my) lifetime: Frank Robinson, Curt Flood, Vada Pinson (those three, apparently, played together in the OF in high school; wow), Joe Morgan, Rickey Henderson, with Willie Stargell and Willie McGee passing through, too. Since Rickey? Well, Dontrelle was nearby. Most black kids in Oakland just don’t seem to care much about baseball. The Babe Ruth League is primarily African American, but it’s not huge. The Oakland LL is pretty well integrated, but mainly UMClass white and asian kids. The two leagues always play each other at the end of the season to prepare for their respective all-star PSs. We’re always looking for the next Rickey, in either league. No luck lately.

• zumarust said, on November 4, 2010 at 9:24 pm

It’s become a money thing, too. Over the years, youth baseball turned into tennis and golf. White suburban kids, whose parents can afford the expensive equipment, leagues, camps, and private tutoring.

• xootsuit said, on November 4, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Travelling teams add a whole nother level. I went through one summer of that stuff. If your kid really has a shot at pro ball, might be worth the time and money. If not, holy shit what a racket.

2. TedSpe said, on November 4, 2010 at 9:27 pm

The good sign? Asian kids. One of my best friends has a son, half Philippino(LINCECUM) half Indian. Loves the Giants, loves baseball, plays pee-wee..2nd base…pitches too…we played softball at his 9th birthday…struck out a couple of the drunken regulars (not me…I hit a double off the little fuck…heh heh heh)
    But yeah, African Americans have been waining from the world’s greatest sport lately. Shawon Dunsten addressed this recently, albeit, very vanilla like (pun intended)

3. ferrethead said, on November 4, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Is anybody planning on catching Wheezy on Leno tonight? I’ll be asleep by then and hoping I can count on somebody to put it up on youtube…

4. TedSpe said, on November 4, 2010 at 9:30 pm

MAN UP FERRET!!! DRINK A REDBULL!!
    Kidding, sweety.
    Goodnight

5. ferrethead said, on November 4, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Sorry if I’m the 30th person to post this, but have you guys caught this?

• TedSpe said, on November 4, 2010 at 9:40 pm

No worries. You’re not the 30th. Just the 3rd
      😉

6. twinfan said, on November 4, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Well, at least prejudice has been eradicated, if not Hispanic obesity. Buster is kinda Bartlett Pear-y, BTW. Kid should watch it or he’ll need a man bra…

• TedSpe said, on November 4, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Mansierre
      Bro

7. twinfan said, on November 4, 2010 at 9:46 pm

I said “man bra” and meant “man bra”, Bro.. if I stutter, I’ll let you know about it.

8. TedSpe said, on November 4, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Re-watch the episode

9. twinfan said, on November 4, 2010 at 9:51 pm

I know the fucking episode, asshole. A mansierre is a man bra.

10. twinfan said, on November 4, 2010 at 9:54 pm

A mirdle is a girdle for men and a mansierre is a men’s bra…now go to bed.

11. TedSpe said, on November 4, 2010 at 10:11 pm

And a cockstrap is a…
    Hey. Wait a minute.
    You can’t tell me to go to bed!! Who the fuck are you to tell me to go to bed. I’ll tell *YOU* when to go to…..

SHUT UP MOMMY!!!!!

I’ll tell *you* when to go to bed. I’ll go to bed when I’m Godamn ready to…
    SHUT UP MOMMY!!!!

*YOU* go to bed. Asshole
    (tells me when to go to bed ..I’ll tell him when it’s bedtime..asshole can’t tell *ME* when I have to go to bed. go to bed go to bed. fuck you and your fucking computers what do I care I don’t need your fucking computers..so I didn’t fucking win…yeah *I* fucking won but I gave my computer to James..I don’t need this shit…fucking tell *ME* to go to bed..I’ll go to bed when I fucking feel like going to bed. Why don’t *YOU* go to bed, asshole. Like I need this shit. Fuck my bed. I’ll go to bed when I’m Godamnready to go to bed…telling me when to go to bed…)

Goodnight, gentlemen (question mark)

12. twinfan said, on November 4, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Sounds like he went to bed.

13. TedSpe said, on November 4, 2010 at 10:17 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

14. TedSpe said, on November 4, 2010 at 10:18 pm

😉

15. willied said, on November 4, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Jenkins wrote an article saying just the opposite about pablo–his swing bothered him more than his weight. Meulens and others put all the right ideas in his head, and Pablo knows them, he gets over anxious to make something happen and it goes out the window. Having the ability to blast balls that are way out the strike zone is a curse just as much as a blessing.

After a season like 2009, you knew pitchers were going to work him more carefully. Next adjustment is up to him.

And really he is not alone. So many SF players have never spent an off season like this one will be, where everyone on the banquet circuit is your biggest fan. Next spring we’ll see how it plays out.

• TedSpe said, on November 4, 2010 at 11:33 pm

Allen Jenkins is probably the best supporting actor in all of the WB movies. And he was brilliant in the Goldwyn’s DEAD END
      Sorry for interupting.