A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Panda: 2011.

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 5, 2010

Pablo is obviously a complicated situation. What to do with the Panda in 2011? The Giants will take another swing at “Project Panda” this Winter, although I don’t think that’s going to work. What exactly IS “Project Panda”? Are they trying to get him to drop 50 pounds? Work with a sports psychologist?  Whatever the goal was LAST Winter, it failed.

I’ve gone back and forth on Pablo. I have tried to avoid labeling his weight as his main problem because I didn’t think he was THAT much bigger than he was when he first came up. But in the post season, he really did seem to be just freaking huge. Maybe he just can’t swing around his body? I have always thought that his weight is something he’ll have to worry about as he gets older but maybe it’s something that is influencing him more immediately. Who knows. I don’t think anyone does or they would’ve helped him by now.

If you don’t focus on the weight issue, there was his personal issue of the divorce. Again, who knows how that influenced him one way or the other. His girlfriend looked pretty hot at the parade. I guess she’s down with the round fellows…..

There’s the theory that he just has too many voices in his head and that he’s trying to do EVERYTHING at the plate. Again, if the Giants have a competent sports psychologist or batting coach working with him this Winter, that could help. But I suspect they are just going to be focusing on the weight….

Here’s the deal: Pablo probably will be penciled in as the starting 3rd baseman for 2011 and I can dig that. New year. Post Winter Panda Camp. Let’s see what happens. But Pablo is NOT a utility guy. If he starts off the season hitting .250 with a billion double play balls one of two things will happen: He’ll either get traded for a bag of balls or they’ll just bounce him down to AAA. If he can’t hit in AAA, it’s probably over for him here and he’ll get a “Fred Lewis” ticket to Nowhereland.

Plan B for 3rd base next year is probably Mark De Rosa and I think that’s a sound idea……

1. Giant Head said, on November 5, 2010 at 6:42 am

I was with you and Twin during the season that the weight issue was all overblown, but once he stopped starting he blew up. He got ridiculously big by the World Series.

His eating issue may now me more of something he has to deal with psychologically. Something is going on inside his head.

I stil think he will end up with some type of eye procedure.

But he is at his turning point for not just his career but his life.

I would still like to lamd Uggla. Trading Panda now would probably be short-sighted, but I would seriously consider a Sanchez-Sanchez deal for Uggla and one of their other starters…

2. blade3colorado said, on November 5, 2010 at 7:14 am

Personally, I’m not too worried about Sandoval. I think he is still an excellent instinctual hitter, where pitchers adjusted their pitching plan against him . . . and he didn’t adjust. He had a typical “sophomore” year, e.g., see 2009 Rookie of the Year, Chris Coghlan (and don’t cite his July 2010 knee injury as the reason for his poor year . . . he already had 350 plus ABs when that occurred). Many, many more examples. Consequently, I think Panda will figure it out in 2011 and we shouldn’t be too concerned about him. Umm . . . by the by, we did win the World Series without his “2009 batting stroke.”

Also, the Denver Post had an excellent Rockies fans Q & A with Dan O’Dowd, Rockies General Manager. Essentially, he offers his opinion about the Giants season and World Series victory; as well as what they might be doing in the “Hot Stove” season. It’s always good to know what the enemy is planning. Article is located at . . .

3. Bozo said, on November 5, 2010 at 7:17 am

Last year Panda played in the winter leagues and was flown in by chopper, he got a divorce and everyone and their brother talked about his weight. It seems to me he went through so many highs and lows that it effected him at the plate (and later, in the field) which then compounded the issues. He lost his starting job and knows he needs to calm his mind. When he would throw to the wrong base or make an out in 2009, he learned and adjusted. This year he got into a hole and couldn’t get out, it happens.The dude can flat out hit and will. My only question would be, is he still your third baseman or do you move him to first? An answer to that question is a factor in who the Giants re-sign or get in the off season. That’s just my opinion.

4. ewisco said, on November 5, 2010 at 7:27 am

DeRosa is also a BIG question. Did the surgery take? Can he still hit? Can he stay healthy? Knowing what you’ve got here would go a long way to how you answer the sandoval question. I’m thinking that you lose rowand and keep pat that leaves you with torres, ross and burrell with nate off the bench. Ross is only a .265 hitter though with limited pop (nlcs not withstanding).

Actually, of all things, i’d like to see them get a shut down short stop, almost regardless of hitting. especially if derosa and sandavol don’t work out. then you move uribe to third. Didn’t burriss come up as a ss? how’s his health these days?

5. Nipper said, on November 5, 2010 at 7:31 am

Pablo should rebound. Anyway the Giants will know in the off season whether he’s worth finding a position for. If not he will be moved like so many others. People should know by now that jobs in baseball are temporary. A few years or months and then on to the next team. Only a few core players stay around very long.

6. Bozo said, on November 5, 2010 at 7:39 am

Oh, by the way. I was out and about a lot yesterday so I neglected to applaud ferrethead for her POTD. FH using the word “lusty” and the phrase “I’m sweaty, exhausted, and sooooooo happy! (Does anyone know how long this silly grin will stay on my face?” really brought back memories of the early days of the Flap. Woooo Hoooo indeed.

7. blade3colorado said, on November 5, 2010 at 7:49 am

Yeah, ewisco’s has a point in regard to DeRosa . . . Sportsdude, Flav and myself (perhaps others here) have indicated that wrist surgery is not a “walk in the park.” Remember, he initially had surgery to repair a torn tendon sheath, while with the Cardinals. At the beginning of the 2010 season, DeRosa immediately went into a prolonged slump, batting only .194 in his first 26 games, with only four extra base hits and 10 RBIs. We all recall him experiencing numbness in the fingers of his left hand and when he underwent a medical examination, his physician found that the wrist surgery in 2009 had been a “total failure”. Big, big question on whether his most recent wrist surgery was successful. Knowing what I know about the wrist/hand and complicated nerves that pass through the carpal tunnel (median, radial, and ulnar) – I’m betting it is 50-50 he is back at full health in 2011.

8. JBat said, on November 5, 2010 at 8:10 am

Sandoval’s biggest issue, IMO, is his lack of discipline at the plate. Hacking at pitches like he does is getting him nowhere because pitchers are on to him. Until he adjusts, they are going to keep throwing him crap to hit. You could see the difference is styles when Posey came up. His approach at the plate is that of a mature hitter. Pablo needs to try to find a least some of that approach. I don’t know if he can but it would be nice. You can’t hit what you can’t reach. The guy has great hands and a quick and explosive swing. Throw in some discipline and selectiveness and I think he’ll be back where he was two years ago.

As for his weight, nobody can convince me that hauling around an extra 40-50 pounds doesn’t make a difference. It does. I think he needs to grow up and commit to getting in better shape. No way it doesn’t help him if he does.

9. twinfan said, on November 5, 2010 at 8:48 am

His “lack of discipline” is why he CANNOT be pitched to. He was not adjusted to, he simply stopped hitting the same pitches that he handled previously: because he stopped comitting to the swing, he was getting half and check swings. A legit issue is his commitment-while he’s justifiably received credit for not becoming a distraction after being benched, you don’t want a 23 YO HAPPY to be riding the pine being a cheerleader. His decision opting for the fleeting love that the fans will give him or the lasting fame that dedication to greatness provides will be played out in a very few weeks…

10. dirtnrocksnreno said, on November 5, 2010 at 8:51 am

Sandoval hitting is not really what I am worried about. Agree with Blade. 1st year you sneak up on the league, 2nd year pitchers adust, 3rd year its on the player to adjust. I don’t think SF can give up on him quite yet and he may end up in AAA at some point for a stint.

11. willied said, on November 5, 2010 at 8:55 am

Another side benefit of keeping Uribe around would be to help mentor Sando, too. If Rent retires and SF loses Uribe, Pablo would lose the two older latin vets that I’m sure he looks up to, guys he plays along side on the IF.

With all the uncertainty (deRosa being a prime suspect) on IF, I can’t see giving up so much for Uggla. No way we trade JS; I’m OK with runt’s D, just bat him 8th and forget about what he hits. Remember too, with 3 LHPs in the rotation right side of the IF is going to get a workout, so you have to be strong over there.

Thx Blade for the link. I’m surprised Rox let Olivo go; Dowd admits Iannetta struggled. Interesting exp for Rox batting woes on the road. What they have to admit is that they choked down the stretch…they finished regular season in a bad way after a nice run. See what happens now that SF is the team with target on its back, how others in division approach off season to try and catch up.

12. willied said, on November 5, 2010 at 9:06 am

“..left side of the IF” obviously is the one getting a workout from RH hitters in the LU vs. LHPs. If Pablo is in shape and can field his position at 3B, I’d say job is his to lose. No argument a better athlete makes more plays, but baseball players are kind of funny shaped. Juan Uribe isn’t exactly svelte, and doesn’t have great range as a SS either (and FS runs like a dump truck), but I love the guy’s game.

13. twinfan said, on November 5, 2010 at 9:32 am

As per FanGraphs, Pablo actually improved defensively over 2009, and was slightly ABOVE average at his position… our perception is obviously “weighted” by his late season throwing but in fact he was a respectable defender at third base…

14. TedSpe said, on November 5, 2010 at 9:54 am

I have no idea what to do about Panda. But I will iterate a minority opinion. I don’t think it’s because the pitchers have “figured him out”. You say he’s “swinging at shit” Well, yeah. He swung at shit to the tune of a .330 BA in 2009. That was the scouting report on him 2009 ST. Some folks even then were saying he needed more discipline. Wiser minds said “No, leave him alone. It’s gonna work” and it did. The guy was hitting screamers that were pitched from his ankles to his forehead. You can’t “figure a guy out” who can do that.
    Again, I have no answers. But I don’t think the problem is he’s a hacker. It’s a combination of bad luck, which no one can do anything about, and some mysterious, weird, mojo sapping incubus.

• ewisco said, on November 5, 2010 at 10:31 am

are you sure it’s not a suckubus?

• ewisco said, on November 5, 2010 at 10:34 am

having just refreshed my memory, i’m quite sure pablo would prefer a succubus.

• TedSpe said, on November 5, 2010 at 10:39 am

You’re right. I meant succubus

• xootsuit said, on November 5, 2010 at 10:54 am

First The Machine, now incubi? Hot stove league is getting off to a fulsome sort of start.

• ewisco said, on November 5, 2010 at 11:04 am

well an incubus would be weird and mojo sapping.

15. delmardennis said, on November 5, 2010 at 10:03 am

Caught Wilson on Leno last night. Brought the WS Trophy with him, that was cool. They need to change the name of that thing, “Commissioner’s Trophy?” Lame. Willie is just smooth and knows how to play the crowd. They had a stagehand dress up as “The Machine” and walk behind the set. That dude was so outta shape he made Pablo look like Jack LeLanne.

16. Bozo said, on November 5, 2010 at 10:12 am

All of Pablo’s problems, hitting, end of the year fielding, the weight, divorce and whatever else, is all Bam Bams or Alex Smith’s fault. Fire them both and insert silly grin face .

17. stixwiz said, on November 5, 2010 at 10:19 am

From what i’ve been able to make out, hypnotism generally works. Were i the Giants braintrust, i’d go that direction with Pablo before the sports psychologist direction. Not very impressed with psychologists in general. They are mostly of the behaviorist school, or follow other silly theories. Now psychiatrists are frequently something else, but again, post-hypnotic suggestion can get some amazing results.

So i am among those who feel the primary problem with Sandoval is within his head. Getting deeply enough inside should help provide some plate discipline, at least at the dinner table and likely with a bat in his hands as well as with a fork.

Another side if me insists there is probably some GM out there who would happily take on the Pablo problem to see if his people can come up with the solution. If an offer comes along, particularly if the other side is willing to do some kinda package deal including Rowand, Sabean should listen carefully. Just went over the F.A. listings for MLB and there is not a quality SS in sight. A quality SS and a fleet OFer might be worth the gamble of trading off a potential return of the Panda. But employment of an excellent, Spanish as first language, hypnotist should be the first resort.

18. ewisco said, on November 5, 2010 at 10:37 am

did anyone else notice how weird it was to not have a game on last night? I got in the car after practice and started to tune towards 680 when i realized: no game!!

No F%#&&$*ing GAME!

It was a bit of a buzzkill after the ws.

• TedSpe said, on November 5, 2010 at 10:42 am

I know *exactly* what you mean. It happened to me as well. But I was able to ease my thoughts when I told myself I don’t have to listen to all those kindergarten dropouts who call in with their juvenile rants for a couple of months.

• Bozo said, on November 5, 2010 at 10:53 am

On the bright side ew, now you can re-tune your radio away from 680 and not have to worry about accidentally hearing Radnich.

• ewisco said, on November 5, 2010 at 11:06 am

I like the guests but the callers, not. as for radnich, what photos does he have? that guy is awful. it looks like comcast is going away from him but not fast and far enough. his interview with Diane Lane was like watching a train wreck.

19. Kevin said, on November 5, 2010 at 11:02 am

This is all on Pablo, is he ready, mentally and physically to committ to his baseball carreer and leave the rest of the BS at home or wherever. If he does not committ he loses everything. and yes I think he has a lot to lose if he does not committ!!!

20. twinfan said, on November 5, 2010 at 11:10 am

I’ve never understood all the hating on Radnich, at least the guy knows it’s just a fucking game. When Tompkins has filled in for Papa it always goes better, too. Barry is a pro…

• TedSpe said, on November 5, 2010 at 11:24 am

I think it’s that Radnich just comes off a little too full of himself. I rarely listen to him simply because he’s on the air while I’m at work. I do remember a funny exchange I heard some time this year with a caller though. It went something like:

Radnich: Hello blue balls, you’re on the air.
      Caller: Yeah, uhm, yeah, uhm, lemme give you my synopsis on what the Giants have to do with Panda…
      Radnich: Whoa! Whoa!Wait a sec. Before you go on, spell synopsis.
      Caller: Huh?
      Radnich: Spell synopsis. I don’t like people using words they can’t spell.
      Caller: Nah, see, I’m calling to tell you…
      Radnich: I’m not going to talk to you until you spell synopsis.
      Caller: Uhm…C…I…
      buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Bozo said, on November 5, 2010 at 12:04 pm

I used to like Gary back when NBC still had channel 4 after that, in my mind he kind of changed. Also, it seems to me that he still can’t let go of the Bonds thing, a friend told me he even brought it up during the parade (let it go Gary). This is just my take, I’m sure Gary could give a rats ass about what I think and I’m sure he has many fans.

21. twinfan said, on November 5, 2010 at 11:19 am

Problem with most of you is that you’ve never heard a professional announcer, ever.

• TedSpe said, on November 5, 2010 at 11:26 am

Huh?

22. bigSarge said, on November 5, 2010 at 11:54 am

I happen to like Radnich. I don’t think the guy is full of himself at all. Sure he can be a bit of a blowhard sometimes, but I like his angle. He’s a guy who’s trying to convince us that he’s just playing a character on the radio. It works for me. Doesn’t seem to take himself too seriously and knows that at the end of the day it’s just sports and nothing to get too butt hurt about.

23. twinfan said, on November 5, 2010 at 11:54 am

Fuck, I’m just extremely testy, decadron is brutal stuff. I’m getting round again and very irritable. Ignore me.

24. blade3colorado said, on November 5, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Agree willied – I have no idea what the Rockies are doing insofar as getting rid of Olivo. Iannetta has been the “chosen one” 3 years in a row . . . and has failed miserably. Fortunately, they have had Torrealba and Olivo to save their asses at the catcher position. Your point about them choking is spot on . . . O’Dowd knows this but wont say it in public. Likewise, don’t expect the payroll to go up for them, regardless of his positive spin on their “business model” and acquiring players that complement their existing player roster. Uhh, yeah, right. This is baseball doublespeak for “We are a small market team and we only have one interest and that is fleecing the fans for all their hard earned money.”

The Rockies will definitely compete next year, but only because they have Cargo, Tulu, and Ubaldo under team control through 2014. In short, the Giants shouldn’t be too concerned about this team making any significant “Hot Stove” league acquisitions this winter.

25. delmardennis said, on November 5, 2010 at 1:01 pm

I like Radnich. He’s just not an X and O guy. Tries to inject some entertainment/pop culture into the mix. His Vegas stories I’ve heard countless times, but it beats talking about how Chilo Rachal is pulling to his left on blocks for Gore. His segments with Tony Bruno are always entertaining.

Good luck to any of you playing the Breeders’ Cup. Haven’t seen Loo today. I was hoping he’d throw a winner my way. My usual source is taking his afternoon nap.

26. bigSarge said, on November 5, 2010 at 1:07 pm

27. twinfan said, on November 5, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Radnich did one of te last interviews with my Dad, treated him like a king. I’ll always remember that.

28. xootsuit said, on November 5, 2010 at 1:39 pm

I went back over the numbers for Pablo’s amazing April (97 PA, 1.008 OPS, for those who’ve forgotten). That led me to Lincecum’s April numbers, etc., etc., and finally to the team record for the month: 13-9, including a disastrous 1-5 road trip to LA/SD. Great start, but jeez. This season was a rollercoaster ride from start to finish. Here’s one note that brought back a particularly terrifying moment closely followed by an exhilirating moment:

Longest Losing Streak 7 Saturday, Jun 26 to Friday, Jul 2
    Longest Winning Streak 5 Saturday, Jul 10 to Saturday, Jul 17

29. twinfan said, on November 5, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Actually, the season went just as I said it would. Fortunately for most of you, I had netting in place for your dives…

• xootsuit said, on November 5, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Now, now. We all remember that dark day when Bochy pulled Pablo out of the three-spot in the line up. Many predicted it would occur; only one decreed that it would not, ever.

• twinfan said, on November 5, 2010 at 3:58 pm

The season went as I said it would. Period. Finding one LU change that I disagreed with is lame shit, “counselor”…

• xootsuit said, on November 5, 2010 at 4:48 pm

You went apeshit then, too. You made it a big deal, fuckwad.

30. Unca Chuck said, on November 5, 2010 at 2:42 pm

No talk of Renteria not getting his option picked up?

Not that I thought they would, he’s been talking of retirement anyway . . .

31. Unca Chuck said, on November 5, 2010 at 2:43 pm

“Here’s your trophy, now get the hell out of here . . . “

• TedSpe said, on November 5, 2010 at 2:59 pm

C’mon, Chuck, what did you expect? Sure it’s a mild buzzkill since he was our WS hero but look at the facts. He made a nice salary while here, he’s set for llife, he has another WS ring and he was made WS-MVP. For as long as he was on the DL and at his age, I’m pretty sure Rent *knew* they’d decline his $10.5 option, he’s no idiot. Now he has an option to retire with pride and glory. What a way to go out

• Unca Chuck said, on November 5, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Yeah, I know. The timing is kinda sucky, though.

Vaya con dios, motherfucker . . .

32. Unca Chuck said, on November 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm

As far as Pablo goes, I’d think this year just had too many distractions for him. From the marketing blitz that surrounded him from the get-go, to the oversized expectations, to the divorce, to the Venezuelan travels, all adds up to not being on top of his game.

Mom’s cooking didn’t help much either . . .

33. max808 said, on November 5, 2010 at 3:01 pm

10.5 million for chrissakes. There was no way they would pick up a 10.5 m option on Renteria, even if he wasn’t retiring.

34. max808 said, on November 5, 2010 at 3:03 pm

just kidding Chuck.

35. max808 said, on November 5, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Thought there was some interesting comments in SI from Dick Tidrow about drafting Sanchez and Bumgarner.

Reminded the G’s could have drafted Jason Heyward at #10, instead of Bum.

36. James said, on November 5, 2010 at 3:11 pm

“I know this was brought up before, but I’m still not sold on dirrty. His lack of mental focus is an issue for me. Yeah, he’s getting better but hell he’s in his late 20s, pushing 30. How much more growing up can he possibly do?”

Are you the Sarge in the Geico commercial? Everybody’s a head shrinker. Maybe if Sanchez went to Toast Masters the poor guy would overcome his stage fright.

37. Unca Chuck said, on November 5, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Fuck. My SI subscription ran out a week before the Giants win the motherfucking WS?

Really?

38. twinfan said, on November 5, 2010 at 3:23 pm

So they didn’t win?

39. TedSpe said, on November 5, 2010 at 3:37 pm

We interrupt the Pablo Sandoval discussion for this breaking news on an ex-Giant player and an ex-Giant coach:
    ——————————————————————————————–

Robby Thompson will be bench coach for the Seattle Mariners and Don Zimmer is returning to the Rays as senior baseball advisor. His 63rd motherfucking year in pro baseball!! Holy shit!! And, now back to today’s topic
    ——————————————————————————————–
    Man, that Panda guy is fat…

40. twinfan said, on November 5, 2010 at 4:04 pm

I talked you fucks off ledges everyday of the year, there is one man only here who called it all from pitchers and catchers day to EXACT runs scored for the year to the 5 game WS win. Bow down and start sucking…

• delmardennis said, on November 5, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Thank you, but no. I’ve been bent over all day at Churchill. I’m tired. Maybe some other time.
      My horses suck!

41. TedSpe said, on November 5, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Bow down and start sucking…
    ——————————————–
    Can’t we discuss this?

• zumarust said, on November 5, 2010 at 4:20 pm

Yeah, it adds a different meaning to a discussion of “pitchers and catchers.”

• max808 said, on November 5, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Indeed!

42. zumarust said, on November 5, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Lots of info from the Boch and Sabes press conference:

43. blade3colorado said, on November 5, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Twin, the email I sent you assumed Henderson Nevada . . . actually, it is in Henderson Colorado (no, I have no idea where that’s at.).

• twinfan said, on November 5, 2010 at 4:45 pm

What the fuck are you talking about? I sent the cocksucker to the fucking address you gave me. If you don’t get it. tough shit.

• blade3colorado said, on November 5, 2010 at 5:05 pm

No, no, no . . . too funny. Calm down, it is in TRANSIT and is on the first leg of the trip to my address. Like I said in the email, it will be here tomorrow. I was commenting on where it is at now – Fed Ex’s Henderson facility in Colorado (not Nevada as I assumed).

44. James said, on November 5, 2010 at 4:44 pm

As is usually the case, Pablo’s stats tell the relevant story. Between this year and last, the percentage of his swings outside the strike zone rose while his swings at pitches in the zone dropped dramatically. Incredibly, he got more first pitch strikes than average, while seeing over 8% fewer pitches in the strike zone than the rest of the league.

This all seems pretty correctable.

45. twinfan said, on November 5, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Between the morons who can’t hook them up to the ones who don’t bother to the ones who ignore it all, proof that no good deed goes unpunished. Jesus.

• DJLoo said, on November 5, 2010 at 5:05 pm

Don’t I know it…

• twinfan said, on November 5, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Some of the kids recovered.

46. max808 said, on November 5, 2010 at 4:53 pm

So, what about Pablo’s August. WTF was going on there? Luck? Bad pitching?

47. twinfan said, on November 5, 2010 at 5:04 pm

After Blade gets his PC I’ll probably check out of this pop joint for a few days. Into the arms of Morpheus…you guys can talk fat.

• TedSpe said, on November 5, 2010 at 5:12 pm

God, I hope the fat chat will be over by then

48. twinfan said, on November 5, 2010 at 5:17 pm

It won’t.

49. DJLoo said, on November 5, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Wouldn’t have done you any good today, Dennis.
    Tomorrow will be better. What a travesty in the last race with the #1 horse.

• delmardennis said, on November 5, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Yeah, why ‘Ten wasn’t a late vet scratch is beyond me. Johnny V. was telling Jerry Bailey and the ESPN crew she wasn’t right. She cramped up alright. That time of the month.

50. willied said, on November 5, 2010 at 6:48 pm

JSanchez improved all his imp numbers, from lowering his WHIP and BA against plus his ERA. He was the toughest guy to hit in the entire league.

As James pointed out earlier, because guys can’t hit what he has, they take more pitches automatically. And it’s also part of a game plan to make him throw more hopefully getting his pitch count up, yadda yadda. That’s all that we heard about the Braves, best OB stats coming in, etc. Didn’t work vs. Giants then either.

There is no way, with untradeable and undependable Zito sitting at the back end of rotation, I would dump JS. You might score off him, but he is not a comfortable AB for anyone, and BA numbers for NL hitters prove that.

Sure his post season wasn’t exemplary—what about Ryan Howard? Josh Hamilton? I don’t think they are going anywhere, and they weren’t in any parades either.

51. twinfan said, on November 5, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Yeah, he was 0-2 4.05 ERA in the postseason …Headcase Lee was 0-2 6.94 in the WS…

52. twinfan said, on November 5, 2010 at 10:17 pm

I am so fucking tired. Night.