A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

The Winter Meetings…..

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 29, 2010

They start next week on December 6th. Anyone expect Sabean to do anything there? I don’t. In fact, he’s often pulled the trigger the week BEFORE the meetings on his major Winter deals. Therefore, this could be an interesting week. Although outside of signing Miguel Tejada or trading for Jason Bartlett, I don’t see him doing much of anything in the near future. It’s kinda a nice problem to have actually. We just don’t NEED that much. And as nice as it would be to have Uribe come back to play SS, I really think he’s going to the Dodgers on a 2 or 3 year deal…….

1. PawlieKokonuts said, on November 29, 2010 at 9:41 pm

wtf am I awake?

sometimes I am inexplicably haunted by two horrid losses in the last two years, remember? both to the Rockies?

— one this year, in late Aug/early Sept; Dirty started; lost in the 9th

— last year; the GS after the pitcher was walked with the bases loaded?

Ugh.

But hey it doesn’t matter anymore to those basking in World Series 2010 baskitude.

2. twinfan said, on November 29, 2010 at 9:45 pm

Good night, folks. Feeling badly for Gore, tough little dude, bad injury…

3. delmardennis said, on November 29, 2010 at 10:01 pm

As a proud member of the broken hip/replacement club, I feel for Franks as well. Can only hope the best for Frank. Love his desire and enthusiasm for the game. He’s not only tough, but a smart RB as well. Big loss. Next week in GB could get ugly. I got a bad feeling that could get outta hand early.

4. Unca Chuck said, on November 29, 2010 at 10:52 pm

3-2 and help, and the Niners can win the division. They win any and all tiebreakers if they tie with any of the teams in the division, provided the 3 wins are the division games. So they can lose to GB and SD and stil win the division.

Crazy? Yes. Possible? Yes. Will it happen? Who knows?

Look who the reigning MLB champs are . . .

• xootsuit said, on November 29, 2010 at 11:04 pm

That is an odious comparison. I assume you’re drunk.

5. Unca Chuck said, on November 30, 2010 at 7:50 am

Odious schmodious.

The possibility is there.