A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Merry Christmas

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on December 25, 2010

It was fun driving around yesterday as I finished off some late shopping with Game 4 re-broadcast on KNBR. Baseball on Christmas Eve–love it. It made me seriously consider just listening to the radio the next time we are in a World Series. K/K put the Fox guys to shame, for obvious reasons. The radio is about 12 seconds ahead of TV right? I guess you listen to it in one room and if something crazy happpens you run into the tv room that is exactly 12 seconds away from the “radio room”. Hmmmmm. Gonna noodle this plan out a little more…..

Merry Christmas to you guys. I hope you are where you want to be and who you want to be with. If you aren’t just go with the obvious fallback and bask in this never ending supernova of a World Championship. I think the WS Trophy is coming through Palo Alto in the middle of February but I will definitely tighten that date up and put it on the schedule. I hope they let us take a picture with it. Pay for the picture? What the Hell, I’d pay for that, though it should be free….

Well, Katie just entered the room and our Christmas morning has begun. Have a good one, you guys…….

1. twinfan said, on December 25, 2010 at 9:04 am

I’ve got cookies in the oven, Zeke has a huge knuckle bone that one of my local customers gave him for Christmas, he’ll be busy with that all morning. The Christmas game with my Mom continues: I sent her a check and she sent me one. Slim pickings for sports today, unless you give a rat’s ass about Kobe/LeBron. ESPN sure does. Dennis: was that the Alex Smith contest that you won the PC with? You’ll love the wallpaper….

• Dirtnrocksnreno said, on December 25, 2010 at 9:18 am

Too funny Twin. Same deal with my ma. Have a Merry Christmas.

• delmardennis said, on December 25, 2010 at 10:40 am

An Alex Smith wallpaper? That is rich. Wait a minute, I see it now. He’s wearing his red jersey — his Arizona Cardinals red jersey. Or is that powder blue I see in his future? He’d look real good standing on the sideline holding a clipboard next to Norv as Philip Rivers continues to carve up NFL defenses.

If you’re secretly rooting for Troy to turn his ankle on the first play from scrimmage, I’d understand. Shit, I’m rooting for the entire team to turn its head and cough.

• twinfan said, on December 25, 2010 at 11:03 am

AZ is a very possible destination. I recall many of the “insiders” wanted Derek Anderson here..

• xootsuit said, on December 25, 2010 at 11:11 pm

I’ve been drawn into a similar pattern with my dad. I give him a beverage, he gives me one. We seem to be spiralling into the center of this particular gyre. Entropy is what they call it, I think. Originally, I’d give him some fancy vodka and he’d give me a single barrel bourbon — that sort of thing. Over time we’ve gravitated toward a safer middle ground. This year we gave each other very good bottles of chardonnay. Maybe I’ll get him a cowboy hat next year.

2. stixwiz said, on December 25, 2010 at 9:27 am

Merry Christmas to all the Flapzoners. Looking out my Northwoods window there is a sea of white flocking on the lilac bushes and the ash and apple trees. Sky is a light grey. A few lazy flakes are taking their good ol time establishing a landing-pattern. It’s nine above zero outdoors. Dogs are out on an Oouffspedition, running free around the countryside. Outdoor cats are coping after breakfast and will get some treats later. Couple of the housecats got put out, one cause he wanted out and the other to chill. Woodstove is keeping the house cozy. Breakfast was cake and icecream with hazlenut coffee. Cuppa tea and a clementine next the keyboard. Ready for a lazy day, mostly indoors.

Basking in the warm afterglow of the WS win. Last evening, driving home from a birthday party for aunt Mary Christine, her 91st, a Queen tape was playing. As i neared the driveway “WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS” was pounding outta the speakers of the ol’ pickup, distinguished by its hacker axe poised in the left front stakehole, with steel grainscoop snowshovel nearby and the 1976 Huskvarna-65 chainsaw perched between a couple small logs and some ballast rocks towards the rear.

Ahh, country living. Late afternoon lunch/supper will, according to current hankering, likely be venison-based spaghetti, with onions and jalapenos from the garden ~ or maybe, if ambition strikes, it will be based on some very nice looking scallops purchased at an old-fashioned butchershop only 25 miles from home. But the laziness may overcome the fascination, as i have zero experience in preparing scallop dishes.

Back to the woodcarving in a few minutes. Flavor, i haven’t forgotten about the ‘One Flap Down’ piece. Creative types are not as reliable as most folks. The right mood has to hit at the correct time. Will know it when it happens. Thanx again, for all the energy you have put into this site, Craig. Really did dig the “Area 51” hook for the countdown to stage one of the next SF championship.

3. San Dog said, on December 25, 2010 at 9:44 am

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Flappers!! You guys and our team played a big role in this being such an enjoyable year for me and mine. I wish you all the best.

Stix–fyi leek mashed potatoes are on the menu today.

4. stixwiz said, on December 25, 2010 at 9:54 am

SanDog: Don’t forget to make up more of those leekysmashers than you will need for today. Nothing beats those patties fried in the grease of slab-bacon or sidepork as the basis for a great breakfast. No finer potato patties known to human existence. General Mills, located across the Great Northern Divide and down the Mississippi from here, touts Wheaties as the “Breakfast of Champions”, but Flappers know better.

5. zumarust said, on December 25, 2010 at 11:42 am

Merry Christmas, Flappers! Obviously we all got what we wanted for Christmas. Santa arrived early this year!

6. Kevin said, on December 25, 2010 at 11:56 am

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless you guys and all your families!!

7. Kevin said, on December 25, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Good Article in the Chron today title the Giants 12 days of christmas
    It recapps 12 events that happened in the Series and playoffs

• Dirtnrocksnreno said, on December 25, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Nice. Number 6 is my favorite. 11 2/3, 0.00, 16K. Wilson’s post season was epic. Or should I say delicious? The only thing better was Bochy’s golden touch and ultimately bringing home the victory.

8. delmardennis said, on December 25, 2010 at 12:42 pm

I still marvel at the job “Blockhead” executed during the yr and especially throughout the postseason. The man could do NO (Whitey) wrong. The only reason I continually bashed his lineups was for fear of breaking the jinx. Bochy was pure gold. His moves put King Midas to shame.

• zumarust said, on December 25, 2010 at 12:55 pm

As you all might know, that’s why people tell actors to “break a leg” before a theater performance. For the anti-jinx.

• zumarust said, on December 25, 2010 at 1:01 pm

It didn’t work for that guy in the Spiderman musical.

9. twinfan said, on December 25, 2010 at 1:04 pm

One of the coolest things was getting Nate, Travis, and Aaron starts. Didn’t show up in the box score, but all contributed. In particular, Nate and Travis were key role players all year. A start in the World Series could be a thrill of a lifetime for them…

• Kevin said, on December 25, 2010 at 8:20 pm

So true. As fan it was a thrill of a life time, I can’t imagine what they felt to start a game!! Epic comes to mind

10. TedSpe said, on December 25, 2010 at 5:00 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!

11. eddacker415 said, on December 26, 2010 at 7:33 am

Merry Christmas to baseball’s champion blog_flappers.
    Enjoy the spirit, drink the truth, dine on the line:
    San Francisco and World Champions are one in 2010.

And my very best wishes for a New Year 2011; looks like we’ll be spending a lot of time together.

12. PawlieKokonuts said, on December 26, 2010 at 11:51 am

Christmas joy [insert vocative comma] Flappers and Flapperettes. And non-list-making heartfelt best wishes for 2011. Yesterday evening my wife and daughter and I watched Game 1 of the Series on DVD with K&K announcing. A real winter’s night, Nativity treat. A secular Vespers. It was the game before which Pawlie Kokonuts met Big Flavor (aka Magnus) in a summit meeting worthy of geopolitical titans. How do you spell BASKING? G-I-A-N- . . . you get the picture (“yes, we see,” as the red-hot Shangri-Las sang).