A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Jenkins Snubs Bucardo!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on February 11, 2011

He wrote an entire article breaking down the Giants best farm system kids and failed to hail *The ‘Buke”. The street value of 3bagger’s jersey just took a huge nosedive…..

That was a scary column to read, at least when you consider the almost total lack of pitching prospects that we have anywhere in the system. Zach Wheeler and then……nothing.

For those of you interested in a Twinfan Update: I posted the update in the comment section of this thread….

1. Rough Trade said, on February 11, 2011 at 7:46 am

They are thin in blue chip pitching prospects, but I gathered Jenkins didn’t talk of Buchardo because he was referring to “immediate” help. Jorge is probably 2-3 yrs away. That’s why he brought up Tanner and Surkamp. And that’s why the G’s picked up ‘Soup’.

It does seem whoever writes the answer to the question of the day is limited to a certain amount of space and/or is hurrying to catch a plane. Jenkins does mention the usual suspects; Crawford, Culberson, Pequero Brown and Neal.
    Of course, it’s easy to get spoiled when you’ve just had Posey and Bumgarner. That obviously won’t happen every year. Expecially if they are drafting late in the first rd.

2. Bozo said, on February 11, 2011 at 9:11 am

When the Buke walked away from a meeting with 3bag, he probably missed an interview with the Jenks. So he’ll never be mentioned by Bruce again.

3. James said, on February 11, 2011 at 9:40 am

Cal Baseball didn’t get a reprieve today:

As Cal lifer, it’s still weird.

• xootsuit said, on February 11, 2011 at 11:46 am

Weird, disgraceful, sad. Wonder what they’ll do with the field, with the Jeff Kent batting cages down the RF line?

4. swickman said, on February 11, 2011 at 9:49 am

Bucardo has been in the top ten of every prospect list I have seen for the Giants this winter. He’s a legit prospect.

Outside of Belt and Wheeler, the guy I’m most excited to see is Peguero. His numbers have been improving even as he’s been promoted up the ladder. I’d love to see him playing against the River Cats here in Sacramento but hoping for a promotion to AAA might be a little optimistic.

First Grizzlies / River Cats series in Sacramento is June 17-20. I’d like for Belt to have earned his way to SF by then but selfishly, I’d be okay if I could get a good close look at him during that June series in Sacto.

5. TedSpe said, on February 11, 2011 at 9:56 am

The Buke….Denied

• Bozo said, on February 11, 2011 at 11:21 am

Then he must abide?

• Unca Chuck said, on February 11, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Or get off the schneid.

• ewisco said, on February 11, 2011 at 12:58 pm

as his loyal fans cried.

6. Decap said, on February 11, 2011 at 11:30 am

Did anyone else read this from BP? wow.. I thought there were some freaky people on the splash…. This article put a whole new perspective on Fantasy Baseball… Thankfully only 3 more days…..

7. Unca Chuck said, on February 11, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Yikes. There are some real nut-jobs out there.

Weird to say the least.

8. Unca Chuck said, on February 11, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Then again, i got that idiot V posting on my blog.

• TedSpe said, on February 11, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Still?

9. Unca Chuck said, on February 11, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Yup. Buzzkill supreme. He got booted (again) off of the insider recently and is now searching for people to bother . . .

10. Unca Chuck said, on February 11, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Unfortunately I’m his favorite target.

11. Flavor said, on February 11, 2011 at 5:22 pm

spoke with someone at Michael’s home. She confirms that he’s doing great and rehabbing in a hospital– no access to internet right now. Should be back home in a week or so…..

• sinceseventy8 said, on February 11, 2011 at 6:57 pm

That’s great news, he is definitely a survivor. I just found out my cousin has esophageal cancer & they gave him 6 months to live. I immediately thought of Michael & how he says to take control of your healthcare. I recommended some cancer centers to him & made sure he got a second opinion. Twin has had a far more reaching effect on me that just baseball & I really hope he fully recovers soon.

• sinceseventy8 said, on February 11, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Believe me, I know he’s had a great effect on you all too .. didn’t want that to come off the wrong way.

12. Kevin said, on February 11, 2011 at 5:24 pm

That is truly good news about Mike

13. TedSpe said, on February 11, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Good to hear. It was getting a little mysterious for a while.

14. Bozo said, on February 11, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Great news. Thanks Flav.

15. dirtnrocksnrneno said, on February 11, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Twin, if you’re reading this get your wireless connected and get your ass back in here.

Post Haste!

errrrr. I mean I hope you’re doing better.

16. Macdog said, on February 11, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Great to hear Twin’s doing well, and big thanx to Flav for the update!

17. Unca Chuck said, on February 11, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Great news, Craig. Say hi from us if you get the chance . . .