A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Reliving the Moment One Shirt at a Time…

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on February 22, 2011

I had Wendy video tape me watching the final out of the World Series but I wasn’t really paying attention to what she did after that. Apparently, she decided to snap a few photos. I never saw any of them until last night. I don’t think the picture of this really does it justice but it really is an incredible shirt that captured the exact feeling I was having in the moments after we won the World Series. She even pulled a quote off the blog from the morning of that game. If you can’t make it out it says, “I have no idea how I’m going to react or what I’ll do when the final out is secured….”

Well, you nailed it cold, Wendy-baby. Thanks, I don’t think I’ll ever wear it for fear of staining it by accident and I don’t even know where to put it. But it was probably the best birthday present I can ever remember getting.

1. twinfan said, on February 22, 2011 at 7:56 am

Following up on the announcer talk, thank God we’ve never had a screamer. Very underrated here is Ted Robinson,IMO. Ted has nothig really distinctive about his style, he’s simply a pro..and what a relief when Tompkins sits in for Papa..
    NOW , that shirt…who is wearing it? That second photo definitely shows some jigglers.

• Flavor said, on February 22, 2011 at 8:48 am

I’ve posted a topless pic of myself on facebook yesterday, Twin. Forget the reasons why. Take a look at that, then we’ll talk. Oh my, this has become a very strange thread….

• xootsuit said, on February 22, 2011 at 9:31 am

I’ve backed off on my Ted Robinson bashing since he took over the 49er radio broadcasts from Joe Starkey (now there’s a screamer for you). Robinson’s got a good balance of objectivity and passion; he’s not afraid to let Gary Plummer disagree with him, either.

• Bozo said, on February 22, 2011 at 10:38 am

The one thing about Ted that bugged me when he called Giants games, was he seemed to get as excited when the other team did something as when the Giants did. I know you don’t want complete hometown goobers like the Braves have but at the same time, don’t sound like your rooting for the other team. Now, as a national broadcast guy, I think Ted would do well.
      I think Hank’s kid (Doug?) might become a good baseball announcer.

2. Unca Chuck said, on February 22, 2011 at 8:17 am

Happy belated B-day, flav. VERY cool shirt! Kudos to y0ur daughter.

3. Rough Trade said, on February 22, 2011 at 8:19 am

Nice memento. Suitable for framing and hanging in the shed next to the other memorabilia.

Jigglers? Just finished perusing SI photos of Irina Shayk. Now there’s a worthy BB for opening day.

4. Rough Trade said, on February 22, 2011 at 8:34 am

Good to see Wilson back on the mound. I’m not too concerned about the distractions, but I’d rather he start limiting the off field appearances. He’s close to going from character to caricature, imo.

5. Kevin said, on February 22, 2011 at 8:44 am

That is very cool.

6. Flavor said, on February 22, 2011 at 8:50 am

Former Blue Jays and Yankees DH Josh Phelps signed with the Italian Baseball League team Telemarket Rimini according to mister-baseball.com. The 32-year-old former top prospect hit 64 homers in the majors, including 20 for the 2003 Blue Jays.

7. zumarust said, on February 22, 2011 at 9:16 am

The only startling thing to me about the Wilson/Sheen story is that some movie company is actually going to hire Sheen to be in a movie? Will he make it to the set everyday? Talk about rolling the dice.

8. Flavor said, on February 22, 2011 at 9:18 am

Whatever you want to say about Sheen, the dude brings in the dollars on pretty much every project he works on…

9. delmardennis said, on February 22, 2011 at 10:06 am

Live workout video: http://tinyurl.com/4qjo48j

Happy belated birthday, Flav. Is there any cake and ice cream left?

• snarkk said, on February 22, 2011 at 10:48 am

This live workout stuff is very cool. Now watching Rohand hit vs. Romo. I don’t see much change in Rohand’s cowboy stance. Maybe his back leg is a little straighter. Whatever. But, watching the workouts for a while is very nice, interspersed with a little commentary hear and there. DeRosa taking some balls at short, looks pretty smooth…

10. Bozo said, on February 22, 2011 at 10:21 am

The shirt’s a keeper flav, I’d make it my lucky shirt and if you don’t want it stained, just wear under a jersey or something. Although, if I was wearing it Polish dog grease and mustard stains would still find a way to get on it.

11. TedSpe said, on February 22, 2011 at 10:34 am

Happy Birthday, Flav. Great shirt

12. UsedtobebigSarge said, on February 22, 2011 at 11:03 am

That’s a great shirt.

13. macdog said, on February 22, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Love the shirt! You can never have enough mementos of the great WS triumph.

14. Rough Trade said, on February 22, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Tweet from Schulman; Who’s next in this progression? Posey, Belt, ???? Felipe Alou says second baseman Charlie Culberson.

15. snarkk said, on February 22, 2011 at 5:32 pm

According to Extra Baggs, Freddles is getting a WS ring, and a tiny slice of the WS $ pool. Even though he was on the DL when the season started, and never was active for the Giants in even one 2010 game. Not one AB, not one appearance, he went to Toronto immediately off the DL. At that rate, I think all the Flappers deserve a ring, too…

• TedSpe said, on February 22, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Wow. Oh well, I guess that means Molina gets a piece as well.

• snarkk said, on February 22, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Oh yeah. And, deservedly so…

• bigSarge said, on February 22, 2011 at 10:44 pm

I would just say that’s a class move from a class organization.

16. DJLoo said, on February 22, 2011 at 7:01 pm

As far as “chick magnets’ go, that shirt might be the equal of my SF Giant logo mittens.

17. dirtnrocksnreno said, on February 22, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Are those teeth marks on that pillow?

Happy late birthday Flav. I was thinking a huge Giants clock would be an appropriate gift but eh, well you know. Cheers man!

18. Flavor said, on February 22, 2011 at 7:32 pm

no comment on the BB of the Day? I guess she’s just too normal……
    Loo, the day I wear a shirt bearing my own likeness to lure the babes my way is the day I do my best Jamarcus Russell impersonation. I’m not planning on wearing the shirt, I just fucking love it…….

• dirtnrocksnreno said, on February 22, 2011 at 7:36 pm

I was going to commend you on picking up the pace with the BB (very nice choice 2 days running now) but I didn’t want to cheapen the well wishes.

19. snarkk said, on February 22, 2011 at 7:42 pm

BB for the day: Canadian actress and model Laura Vandevoort. Nice, but can she bunt?…

20. twinfan said, on February 22, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Was some of the WS money targeted for Snarkk and they gave it to Freddie instead? Those bastards..

• snarkk said, on February 22, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Exactly. Though, I’ve heard Baer is working on faux WS rings for the fans, we won’t even have to ask the Shane Company to have knockoffs made…

21. Flavor said, on February 22, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I’m starting to trip a bit on the fact that Snarkk knows every BB by name and can actually note something personal about them. So bikini’s are your thing, that’s cool. Is your wife like the “Emelda Marcos” of bikini’s?

• snarkk said, on February 22, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Nah, I’m just looking for baseball angles with the BBs, or more to the point, just looking. The more I can’t pronounce their names, the better they are…

22. DJLoo said, on February 22, 2011 at 8:12 pm

The 1921-1922 Giants won back to back WS. Only one NL team has accomplished that since.

• Nipper said, on February 23, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Ah, I remember it well! Great years.

23. Sportdude said, on February 22, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Just watched last out again. Fans have waited 56 years, but has there been a team in recent memory that won a ws with so many plaers new to a team? No old veterans…
    Buster 1 year
    Huff 1 year
    sanchez 2 years
    uribe 2
    Renteria 2
    Sandoval 2
    Burrel 1/2
    Torres 1
    Ross 1/3
    Every regular 2 years or less!!!

Tim 3
    Cain5
    sanchez 5
    Zito 4
    Bum 1
    wilson 5
    romo 3
    lopez 1/3
    cassila 1
    I picked up my $200 from Vegas last week. Bet them to win NL last March!

24. unca chuck said, on February 22, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Cain’s the elder statesman on the team with 6 years service.