A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Stumbling Out of the Gate……

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 2, 2011

Yeah, yeah, still basking and all but I can still call out my team for sloppy play while still gettin’ my bask on, can’t I? When we go up 3-1 the game is supposed to be over. With our pitching staff, that’s just the way it goes. But when you factor in mental mistakes and some general bad luck, I guess we can’t count on mailing in a win. The  President of the Under Achieving Club (Posey) says “I don’t know if I’m trying to do to much. Maybe it’s being anxious and jittery and trying to go out and get the ball.” You could take that quote and throw a blanket on the rest of the team. They’re playing tight and when you play tight you play dumb and bad things happen. That’s what’s going on with us right now. This isn’t *opening season jitters*. They better get used to how to handle this because they are going to be spending the entire season defending their crown. EVERY team is going to be gunning for them. And somehow, we need to manage that pressure into the execution of plays. Right now we are just executing ourselves…….

Flap Fantasy Baseball Standings

10. Flavor 65 -14 6 5
11. Unca’s Army 60 12 8 3
12. IrishGiants 59.5 0.5 4 3
13. Dirt Bags 51.5 -22 3 6
14. Berra’s Bombers 41.5 -13.5 13 6

1. twinfan said, on April 2, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Flavor, this Stan you invited is a total dildo..

• TedSpe said, on April 2, 2011 at 9:08 pm

So, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

2. Flavor said, on April 2, 2011 at 9:08 pm

We could spend a weekend identifying those of us who are more or less one standard deviation point away from full dildo-headness. If someone is fucking up I’ll just ban all their shit and it can all go to my spam filter……

• TedSpe said, on April 2, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Spoken in true Damon Runyon fashion

• Flavor said, on April 2, 2011 at 9:15 pm

no clue who this is 🙂

3. Flavor said, on April 2, 2011 at 9:12 pm

If the Splash went *pay* we’d get some of the overflow anyway. Deal with them if/when that happens. But the diff between me and the Splash is that I don’t put up with stupid troll bullshit. They don’t like my warning emails that i send them. There are a million different ways to block idiots here and it takes me less than 5 seconds to do it…….

• TedSpe said, on April 2, 2011 at 9:16 pm

And the thing is, you have the moral fiber to actually warn them. The fuckheads.
      You’re a better man than I, Gunga Din

4. TedSpe said, on April 2, 2011 at 9:14 pm

BTW
    FUCKING GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, HELLYA!!!!!!!!!!

5. Flavor said, on April 2, 2011 at 9:14 pm

We should all have to write a paragraph, 500 words or less, on why we are or why we are not a *real dildo*. Honestly, I’d have to take a day or two before I got my outline straight and as I’m typing this I’m not totally sure which side I’d come down on……..

• TedSpe said, on April 2, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Well, I may be a dildo. But am I a “real” dildo?
      The jury’s out

• Del Mar Dennis said, on April 2, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Don’t look now, but there’s a dildo that requires 4 D batteries who’s leading the Flap fantasy League.

• TedSpe said, on April 2, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Is that a FUCK YOU BOZO remark?

6. Big Shady said, on April 2, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Imagine what would happen if you benched El Presidente?

• TedSpe said, on April 2, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Please stand up/Please stand up

7. Big Flavor said, on April 2, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Sorry, posted that last one from the iPhone. Big Shady no longer exists. He died a quick death at the hands of that 2 gm losing streak.

8. stixwiz said, on April 3, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Like the battling bastards of Bastogne they kept fighting back and fighting back. Especially impressive was that coolness under pressure exhibited by Belt. At 22 this kid is already the consumate pro. Driving in that RBI via a BB was little less than perfect. No swinging from the heels by this kid. Now, on the other hand, i wonder if our 38 Y.O. wasn’t trying to go hero.

We’ve earned many a lesson this evening. I think they will stick. Team doesn’t quit. Not even the $18M man. Bochy flubbed it, but he didn’t really know going into the situation. That won’t happen again. Bruce is not the kinda guy who often makes the same mistake.