A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Dirrrrrty Sanchez and Bee-Wheeeeezy

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 9, 2011

Dirrrrrty is right where I want him to be. Some complain about his pitch count but he is one of the premier strike out pitchers in either league–strike out pitchers are usually going to have high pitch counts. This year he’s been victimized by cheap blooper bullshit hits. Those will even themselves out. He said he’s cutting down on his walks this year and I see evidence of that, he’s throwing the ball where he wants it to go rather than losing control and having no idea where the ball is going. 15 strike outs in 10.2 innings? That’s good…..

Who didn’t feel that game slip away moments before it actually slipped away? I was listening to the last inning in my car before we started baseball practice and even after he go the first two outs I didn’t didn’t feel comfortable, something just wasn’t right. The LONG at bat to Theriot was the clincher, the way he was fouling off pitches you just knew it was about to happen. Wilson is hitting 95 on the gun and that 3-4mph’s slower than he can fire it. I’ll just assume that he’s still settling into the comfort of health and in a few appearances he will be back to his old self. The fact is, he hasn’t been hit hard in either of his games so I don’t think there’s anything to worry about here……

How ’bout Manny Ramirez? I had a good ol’ chuckle at that yesterday……

The Flap Fantasy Baseball Standings

10. NoTalent 67 8 9 8
11. Ferretball 65.5 -4.5 14 3
12. CrazyDiamonds 60 5 1
12. Dirt Bags 60 6 3 8
14. Berra’s Bombers 42 -2.5 13 9

1. dirtnrocksnreno said, on April 9, 2011 at 7:10 am

Ramirez is something else isn’t he? Nice how he tries to make it seem just another honest misunderstanding with MLB.

I thought for sure POTG would make it’s comeback today with Rowand.

Good thing Cain is taking the hill today. A 2 hit, 0 run, 9 inning effort isn’t too much to ask is it?

2. Flavor said, on April 9, 2011 at 7:14 am

Searching for BB’s has dulled my interest in searching for non-bb’s. But you’re right Dirt, could be time to bring back the POTG’s.

3. dirtnrocksnreno said, on April 9, 2011 at 7:28 am

Between a dedicated BB tab and old timer stats I thought POTG was the obvious solution. Besides if Rowand is only going to do something once a year he is deserving. No?

• eddacker415 said, on April 9, 2011 at 10:40 am

nice logo dirt
      Seabiscuit in full stride.

4. stixwiz said, on April 9, 2011 at 7:35 am

Dirt: Me too on Cainer. We couldn’t ask for a better guy to be stepping up to the mound after yesterday’s marathon. I don’t know how many noticed it, but Bochy ended up using the ENTIRE bullpen yesterday. Someone yesterday noted that Javier Lopez did one helluva job in going those two innings after Wilson blew the save. Though absolutely saluting Rowand’s heroics (he should get rewarded with a couple starts in the O.F., particularly against pitchers against whom Burrell would likely struggle); my choice for POTD yesterday has to be that shut-down loogie outta the pen.

Though the team is still struggling with RISP and all, the hitting will come around. It was nice to see Tejada come through and Franchez remains a steady delight. Belt is still wobbling, looking for his sea-legs. With the Opener in and over, maybe those two remaining STL starters will be to his liking. Hope so. Panda is producing nicely, if not always spectacularly. But hitting the tying run in the bottom of the 9th with two outs has to be special in anybody’s book. The love affair is returning.

Flav: You’re probably right about Wilson, getting squeezed, poofed and dinked yesterday. Hats off to The Riot. though, for battling him down. When BeachBoy gets back fully into his groove, incidents like that will be rare. All in all that was a masterful performance by the BP. Though it would have been nice to see one more inning outta Drrrrty, it’s still waaay early in the season and not to worry. He has matured and contributes his part to the best Rotation in the game.

5. unca chuck said, on April 9, 2011 at 9:10 am

I hope yer right about Sanchez, Flav. 94 in 5 innings is close to bubble boy territory, though. He is getting better at avoiding the meltdown inning, but he still wastes a lot of pitches getting through innings. Timmy’s a strikeout pitcher as well, but he manages his pitch count much better. Yeah, it’s early.

I’m less worried about Wilson. He needs a few more outings to nail his shit down. When he grazed the batter, that’s when I thought, uh oh.

• Nipper said, on April 9, 2011 at 9:45 am

BLEEP!

6. xootsuit said, on April 9, 2011 at 9:26 am

Manny has decided to retire because mlb has raised on “issue.” When asked about the “issue” an mlb spokesperson said: “We have been testing the players for more than 8 years now. Everyone else is smart enough to know what that means. The ‘issue’ here appears to be stupidity.”

7. zumarust said, on April 9, 2011 at 9:28 am

It’s amazing how bad some of the reporters can be. Some ask good questions, and some are just pathetic. I saw this exchange on the postgame show:
    Reporter: “The ninth inning.”
    Wilson: “What about the ninth inning?”
    Reporter: “What happened?”
    Wilson: “I got two outs, then a guy walked, another guy got a hit, and then the next guy got hit by pitch, and then a guy got a hit to score two runs.”
    Reporter: (silence)

• unca chuck said, on April 9, 2011 at 9:48 am

I saw that Zumie. Wilson was pissed, but dropped the “my era is a billiion” line, and they moved past it.

8. Nipper said, on April 9, 2011 at 9:47 am

Wilson is the man!

• Del Mar Dennis said, on April 9, 2011 at 1:31 pm

No, you da man! Jesus, how old is that saying? At least the fine patrons at Augusta National don’t yell that when every golfer tees off. They at least show some class. Nipper, do you have any class? And, no, your pottery class at the local JC doesn’t count.

• xootsuit said, on April 9, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Golf sucks. In the old days the announcers had to murmur so no one could hear them. Now a days, despite their technology, the announcers continue to affect such rectitude. Why can’t they say anything they want to say? “He really fucked that one up, Jim.” “Yes he did. His caddy offered him the wedge but he refused the advice. He’s an arrogant asshole, and, frankly, I think it’s kinda fun to see him melt down under the spot light.” “I agree. I’ve never hated anyone as much as I hate that son of a bitch. it’s irrational, but that’s the way it is. I have to put up with him to get my paycheck.” “Now he’ll putt first. I hope he misjudges the slope.” “I do too.”

• Del Mar Dennis said, on April 9, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Counselor, ease up on the guys at Bushwood. The boys over at CBS are instructed to paint a pretty picture that is an already masterpiece location at Augusta National. It’s tradition, tradition, and more tradition. You can’t tell me that when you look at the plush greens and flowering azaleas at Augusta you don’t become enthralled and nostalgic. Counselor, it’s the Green Jacket. The most coveted garment in all of sports. The Green Jacket. The Green Jacket. I’d go to bed wearing that sumbitch.

• xootsuit said, on April 9, 2011 at 6:26 pm

I’m a heathen, Dennis.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on April 9, 2011 at 6:48 pm

That’s OK. I’ll give 10-1 that my last confession beats all Flappers. I’m a bad man.
        Where the fuck is my handbasket?

9. unca chuck said, on April 9, 2011 at 9:56 am

Manny is classic. He doesn’t tell his teammates, his manager, or anyone on his team.

Just “Nope, won’t take the 100 game suspension. I quit.”

2 positives means no HOF for someone who was the best RH hitter in the game.

10. eddacker415 said, on April 9, 2011 at 10:51 am

flap sat
    A shout out for the relief pitchers in yesterday’s game. fine job, fine – job!
    And the magic of ‘who will be the player to come through today?’ remains from 2010 as does the torture. Cool B-)

Great extra inning bseball, especially when you win.

[yesterday’s topic] I am with Magnus (feeling like a kid, again) on the stik memories: I was with my dad 3 rows up from 3rd base watching bp and [I think it was Jim Ray Hart, but I was young] hits a foul ball that I duck, CA-RACK, it nails the seatback two seats over and I chase it down. Pops gives me a look and says: “it’s a bp ball, throw it back.”

[newz] FYI Bonds jury deliberations… The jury asked for the secretly recoded tape of Greg Anderson describing Barry Bonds’s regimen and schedule with Hoskins to be played, and read. Jury back on Monday.

Too bad about Manny sad to see him go out like that, but certainly not surprising.

11. eddacker415 said, on April 9, 2011 at 10:53 am

I think Wilson coming out was the same as Dirrrty: he’d thrown too many pitches.

oh, and Albert was up.

12. Rough Trade said, on April 9, 2011 at 10:58 am

I watched the game on tape delay. Went nuts spending the day avoiding the internet, radio tv. I wouldn’t even listen to the phone machine for fear a friend was going to spoil it. And then the bloody tape ends in the 10th. Oh, well.
    Good to see the gamer come through. I’d love to see him stay and contribute and be a big part of the team. The hitting w/risp continues to be a problem, but Sanchez looks fine. He has come a long way in managing his composure.

Don’t know if this was posted already. Touching story.

13. Big Flavor said, on April 9, 2011 at 11:50 am

I enjoyed the pre game ceremony. The players running through the fog was a little cheesy. But I thought it was clever to have Wilson run the flag up there the way he did. Train started bad and finished ok. The national anthem was good especially the end and the flyover always gives me goosebumps even if I’m not there

14. Big Flavor said, on April 9, 2011 at 11:51 am

Oh and wilson’s speech and who he gave the ball to was top notch.

15. twinfan said, on April 9, 2011 at 12:21 pm

I trashed my previous post, it was dumb
    Amazing the hostility that Wilson engenders- basically for being interesting…
    As to Sanchez, 94 pitches thru 5 is high, but hardly cause for alarm. He wasn’t scufflin when Bochy pulled him, Bruce just wanted Mota for the RHers.

16. Flavor said, on April 9, 2011 at 12:29 pm

I was wondering what you meant with that last post. We said basically the same thing but you called my post bad. I “LQTM” a little bit…..

17. snarkk said, on April 9, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Manny wasn’t dumb this time. I’d say arrogant, cavalier. You get busted a second time, maybe dumb. But, a third time (also positive in the 2003 revealed “anonymous” tests)? That’s not dumb, something else — serial usage — going on. No HOF for him, that’s definitely not happening. Still got his $200+million in career earnings, however. That’s HOF cash. As for the Dodger fans trashin’ the Giants for the Bonds days, they can shut up now, “Mannywood” and its contribution to their 2008 post season run was obviously a clomid caper. Moreso for the 2004 “Idiots”, aka the ‘Roid Sox …

18. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 9, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Dare I say Rowand not only gets the start tonight in CF, but he damn well deserves it?
    Dare. Dare.

19. Kevin said, on April 9, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Yesterday at work I had may oranged billed WS hat and my World Series T shirt on. I got tons of compliments!!

Watching the pre game and all the fans. Made me want to be there!! Might try and go on Sunday.

20. blade3colorado said, on April 9, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Question – Does Ramirez get his salary, even though he retired? If he hadn’t retired, would he have to forfeit a percentage of his salary for the games missed due to suspension? Thanks . . .

• Unca Chuck said, on April 9, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I don’t think it was guaranteed, so no, he forfeits his salary . . .

• xootsuit said, on April 9, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Here’s Manny’s income for the next few years, courtesy of the LA dodgers:

$5M paid in 2010 and $15M in 3 installments of $3,333,333 each June 30, 2011-12, and $8,333,333 on June 30, 2013.

He doesn’t give a shit about the additional $2M Tampa might’ve paid him this year. He doesn’t give a shit about baseball.

21. blade3colorado said, on April 9, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Hmm . . . Xoot got me thinking. Did Tiger do a sufficient number of skanks, whereby the daily BB would have been filled completely during the off-season?

Just wondering . . .

22. Rough Trade said, on April 9, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Torres CF, Sanchez 2B, Huff 1B, Posey C, Burrell LF, Rowand RF, Tejada SS, DeRosa 3B, Cain P

• Del Mar Dennis said, on April 9, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Rowand in RF and Torres in CF? “Blockhead” reverts to form. Like my exactas, you need to reverse that shit.

Oh, yeah, Uncle Mo is a pig. Oink.

23. Kevin said, on April 9, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Xoot, golfers are a bunch of arogant punks, I loved the Olympic announcer who said Golfers need complete quiet to putt, but here we have a 14 year old girl with thousands of screaming fans and other events going on around her and she is doing back flips and landing on a 4 inch beam!! Now that is talent!!

24. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 9, 2011 at 5:59 pm

I asked for Rowand, and I got it. Fuck me, this lineup blows Donkey Kong. The Horse always gets it in the ass…..

25. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 9, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Shit, sorry for the double lineup post. But I think one of you dunderheads erased a comment and that is a SNAFU on the blog. I wanna declare three things…

1. The Flap — is the place to be. Flav, “danke schön.”
    2. Uncle Mo is a pig. Oink!
    3. Eddie Arnold and Eva Gabor like Arnold, not Uncle Mo. He’s a realpig. Oink!

26. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 9, 2011 at 6:11 pm

I don’t have the numbers at hand, but I do believe that the Horse pitches better in the daytime. Just a reminder. Here’s another reminder…Uncle Mo is a pig.

27. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 9, 2011 at 6:15 pm

I apologize for the consecutive posts, but I think when someone deletes a comment, it throws the thread off its continuity. Maybe Flav could start a new thread for tonight’s game. Just a thought. Thank you.

28. Rough Trade said, on April 9, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Nothing like a subtle and low key ring ceremony.

29. Rough Trade said, on April 9, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Gotta get these posts in the right place.

Nothing like a subtle and low key ring ceremony.

• xootsuit said, on April 9, 2011 at 6:32 pm

The ring ceremony’s ok. wtf.

30. TedSpe said, on April 9, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Cool. They *did* invite Ishikawa

31. willied said, on April 9, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Nice to see Al Attles, class guy, good coach. Always had to guard the opponents best G as a player , and often made Jerry West’s life miserable.

32. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 9, 2011 at 7:11 pm

“A tradition unlike any other…” Yes, yes it is.

33. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 9, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Go Giants, beat the birds. Shit, I think we’re in for a low-scoring affair. What else is new. First one to score two wins. Oh, yeah, Uncle Mo is a pig. Ya wanna Kentucky Derby horse? So do I. This crop stinks on ice. I’ve never seen such an uninteresting “tag”in a long time. “Disinterest” is for the judge. (Thank you Pawlie).

Hey, how bout my ponies? Same pile, different foot. Good luck.

34. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 9, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Lon Simmons is on KNBR 68. All I can say is that I was brought up on Lon and he still sounds fantastic. Lon Simmons is THE man. Go Lon!

• Del Mar Dennis said, on April 9, 2011 at 7:39 pm

I’ll admit I’m bias when it comes to Lon and his Giants and 49er commentary. That Steve Young call vs the Vikes (which my mom sold our tickets…)

I grew up on Lon Simmons w/ the Giants and 49ers. That’s the first voice I hear when I think SF.

“He’s at the 20, the 15, the 10,….the 5………touchdown …
      Fucking Mormons….

35. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 9, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I don’t know who’s taken a bigger dump on the track today. My fantasy team or my (our Giants) GIDP. For crying out loud, knock that shit off! Not to worry, I have Matt Kenseth running strong and smooth. OK, luv you guys, but shit’s gotta fly…

36. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 9, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Shit, Torres is hurt. Say hello Aaron. Can I have a 2-out knock?

37. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 9, 2011 at 8:22 pm

For my fellow redneck followers, Matt Kenseth (17) wins @ Teaxs.

Hey, we p/u a run. I have no idea how. So be it. Go Giants…

38. twinfan said, on April 9, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Rasmus should have had it but thatewas a fanfuckingtastic AB..