A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Vogelsong to the Rescue and a Niner Draft Wish

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 28, 2011

Volgelsong versus Karstens. Man, I bet the Pitt fans turn out in droves to catch this match up. Is it possible to log a negative attendance figure?

I’m not worried about this hitting slump. They went through this stuff last year, it doesn’t last and they’ll hit out of it soon enough. Like everyone else, I like the numbers Burriss has put up and it will be interesting to see if he can hit now. I don’t put a lot of stock into all those sb’s, Decker is sending his runners on every pitch. The only thing I care about with Burriss is, has he learned how to bunt?

Big Niner Draft today. I’m a little sluggish for this one with all the lock out bullshit going on. I’m guessing that Harbaugh trades down and ends up picking up either Dalton or Locker with a late first round pick. I think both of those guys are going to have a good NFL career, Locker especially. That guy had a shit O-line and literally no TE during his time at Washington. And I am double-down with the guys that go back to finish school. He’s big, he’s a leader and I think he’s going to have a very good pro career, hopefully with the Niners…….

1. Zumarust said, on April 28, 2011 at 8:54 pm

The changes at offensive coordinator weren’t all the 49ers’ fault. McCarthy and Turner left to become headcoaches.

• willied said, on April 28, 2011 at 10:18 pm

and smith looked pretty good under Turner by end of the season.

2. twinfan said, on April 28, 2011 at 8:55 pm

It’s been noted about Harbaugh more than once: he doesn’t give a shit what the fans think. Any decision on Smith won’t be influenced by the “faithful”..

• Unca Chuck said, on April 28, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Smith ain’t the coach killer some make him out to be, but at some point the guy has to show more than flashes of good football.

He hasn’t put 2 games together since 2006.

3. Rough Trade said, on April 28, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Well, 49er’s weren’t the only ones who soured on Amakumara (19th) and it was widely believed Houston was dying to take A Smith at 11.

4. snarkk said, on April 28, 2011 at 9:05 pm

As for the Gyros, they got 2 of 3 from the Bucs, when they played badly enough to get swept. I consider that a major plus of a three-day stint in Pittsburgh…

5. twinfan said, on April 28, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Alex says you will like cousin Aldon much as you like him..

6. DJLoo said, on April 28, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Hermosillo in the 8th Friday @ Belmont, is what I’m hearin’…

7. willied said, on April 28, 2011 at 9:43 pm

…”send him (Affeldt) and Nate to the Yanks for Swisher.”
    Man, I hated that guy when he was with the A’s. One good season with Bradley and thomas around him, then he was the shits. No fucking way he hits them out of ATT like he does in NY, not to mention all the other hitters parks in that division where he gets to play all year like Balt, boston and toronto. Your asking a big adjustment of this guy to play OF at ATT and hit.
    One of those guys who sees a lot of pitches, which is great except he can’t actually hit them. His fav move, repeated more often than a rowand ground ball to the left side, is to take the first pitch strike (the best pitch he sees entire AB). Then he swings at the next one, breaking ball away that he is lucky to foul off, then he makes an out via GO/FO/K. He’s a complete doofus, and I’d rather keep Nate, whom I think sucks.

8. TedSpe said, on April 28, 2011 at 9:48 pm

So…does Mindys sell more struedel or cheesecake?

9. DJLoo said, on April 28, 2011 at 9:49 pm

I think we could use a guy who makes outs in a variety of ways…

• TedSpe said, on April 28, 2011 at 10:04 pm

We already got Zito!…Oh…makes “outs”. I thought you said “makes out”
      Not that there’s anything wrong with that

• willied said, on April 28, 2011 at 10:21 pm

at least nate the hacker gets it over with quickly, even if he has to swing at a pitch before it hits him.

• TedSpe said, on April 28, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Nice scouting report

10. Sportdude said, on April 29, 2011 at 12:16 am

Harbough said Smith “could start”. Is that all you hope for with the 7th pick? How a bout an impact player?

When a DL is listed as DL / LB I worry he is too small for the line, too slow for LB. Hope I am wrong, but it quickly reminded me of all the stupid Warrior PF / C or PF / SF “tweener ” players they pick every damn year.

PS Firing Smart was dumb too!