A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Seven Guys Who are Pissing Me Off…..

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 29, 2011

Screw *basking*. Screw it all to Hell. I’m pissed off at this team right now. PISSED OFF.  In the past I’d just go fire down a few Pliny’s to kill the pain. He’s an elder, he knows more than me. But tonight I choose to vent my pissed off-ness via the blog world. My blog. My words…..

My List of Seven Idiot Giant Players Who are PISSING ME OFF.

In descending order of anger…….

Freddy Sanchez: He’s hitting ok but his throws are smoking pole and that at bat in the 9th today was pathetic. Down 3-0, needing base runners, he’s leading off. First pitch comes and he LUNGES for it and rolls in to the infield. Stupid. Take some pitches, work a count and god forbid you actually take a walk.

Brain Wilson: I know he’s been hurt (twice) and he’s starting to get it together. But the stupid ass George Lopez appearance started pissing me off, that 33.00 ERA fueled it and the current 7.71 is, still………..pissing me off.
Buster Posey: He’s been hitting like shit lately. In fact, hardly *lately*—for quite some time now. Piss off.
Aubry Huff: a lone extra base hit in his last 8 games— ABSOLUTELY pissing me off. Plus, when he’s not hitting his first name pisses me off.
Dan Runzler: too good of stuff to be walkin’ the earth with a 6.55 ERA. Tighten up your game, dude.  He’s not really pissing me off but his at bat last year when he dislocated his knee–that pissed me off. Learn how to hit, you’re in the National League…..
Cody Ross: His OPS before today’s game was .415. Four…..Fucking….Fifteen. I knew he wouldn’t repeat his 2 month run from the end of last year but I didn’t think he’d be pissing me off this early in the season. But he’s somehow accomplishing that feat…..
Miquel Tejada: Where to start?  Of the 7 guys pissing me off the most, this dude is leading the pack. Bad defense. Can’t hit. Can’t fucking stop pissing me off…….
Ok. That’s better. Time to take a deep breath and relax. Maybe fire down a Pliny. Do my nightly *bask* for a minute or two. And then tomorrow it’s time to stop sucking dick and pissing me off (a perfect and direct correlation, I might add) and beat the shit out of a team that World Champions handle in their sleep……..
I’d call them “The Magnificent Seven” but that’s a little underwhelming. The Shit Seven. That’ll work………
The Flap Fantasy Baseball Standings
(Pass the gas mask to The Clown, GH doesn’t get 10 rbi’s out of Zobrist so he drops 5 pts, and berra’s Bombers continues his march towards *imperfect perfection*)

1. twinfan said, on April 30, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Genius Managers: Donnie Two-Trips
    Riggelman
    I’d fire the fucker on the spot no matter what Huff did.

2. snarkk said, on April 30, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Mota has been the best Pen pitcher so far this season…

3. snarkk said, on April 30, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Given the Gyros recent history with medicos, hope the Giants find a hand surgeon for Pablo that actually knows where the hamate bone is…

4. stixwiz said, on April 30, 2011 at 3:28 pm

First M.L. hit. May it be crowned with success today and many happy returns in Ford’s future.

• TedSpe said, on April 30, 2011 at 3:31 pm

That actually made me smile

5. stixwiz said, on April 30, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Where was Cody in that A.B.? Some place in Wyoming, i guess.

6. Zumarust said, on April 30, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Really, Snarkk? Seems the same as any other team.

• snarkk said, on April 30, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Ask Noah Lowry how good they are. Franchez has to have his shoulder cleaned out last offseason due to bad sutures from the first job. Yeah, friggin fantastic. The doctor doing the best job is the one keeping Zito on rehab as long as possible…

7. snarkk said, on April 30, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Tejada is becoming a bit of an irritant. He’s taken the poster boy gig for swinging early and often at crap. Before going down, Pablo had become Mr. Patient compared to Tejada…

8. Zumarust said, on April 30, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I wonder if Dennis saw that nice play Font made at short.

9. Zumarust said, on April 30, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Yeah, snarkk, ride that Lowry pony into the ground.

• snarkk said, on April 30, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Franchez is real fresh. Plus, they gave him the thumbs up, he’ll get better, when they frisked him before the trade. Wake up. Gyros do not have a good recent medical history…

10. snarkk said, on April 30, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Bum has better swing than Tejada. It ain’t great when you have one of your starters pop in as a PH…

11. snarkk said, on April 30, 2011 at 3:53 pm

How can you walk Matt Stairs? He’s old as dirt, and oh for the season…

12. Zumarust said, on April 30, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Snarkk, you can’t prove the Giants are any worse than any other team in regard to medical care. Every team has their less than stellar moments in this area.

13. snarkk said, on April 30, 2011 at 3:57 pm

You’re the one that started making comparisons. I said they weren’t good. You wanna prove something, go ahead…

14. Rough Trade said, on April 30, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Fuck. This Wilson’s idea of fun?

15. Rough Trade said, on April 30, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Oblique that.

16. macdog said, on April 30, 2011 at 4:01 pm

That was torture at its most bizarre.

17. stixwiz said, on April 30, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Anyone still wondering why i call our .38 Special the Drama Queen?

18. snarkk said, on April 30, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Dang, that was a beard hair from disaster. Wilson’s getting too enamored with that 2 seamer that bends away from lefties. Getting himself behind in the count with it. You can’t start things with a walk to a POS like Matt Stairs. That is just flat not on. How can you win a game giving up 9 walks, 3 hit batsmen, and you score the winner on a walked in run by Huff? Sheezus…

19. snarkk said, on April 30, 2011 at 4:07 pm

POTG – El Presidente with the HR. Woo Hoo Whiteside….

20. stixwiz said, on April 30, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Bullpen Economy: Romo: 3 pitches, three strikes: Lopez: four pitches, 4 strikes: Drama Queen: 27 pitches, twelve strikes. So alright, Sergio pitched only a third of an inning and Javier 2/3 and Brian an actual full inning of work.
    I think the tale of the tape does say something, though. Personally, i prefer an nice quiet termination to the other teams hopes, wishes and plans.

21. snarkk said, on April 30, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Well, the bad thing is Sanchee came unglued the first two innings. Seen that before. But, he only gave up one. The good thing is he got back on the tracks for the next three innings. That’s where he has improved. At his age, I don’t expect him to be much better than this from now on. He is what he is – up and down, very inconsistent, really good when he’s on, and head-scratchingly off the rails other times….

22. Zumarust said, on April 30, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Yeah, Snarkk, you said the Giants’ medical staff is bad. You said it about 5,000 times. I think we’re clear where you stand on this issue.

• snarkk said, on April 30, 2011 at 4:25 pm

You’re welcome…

23. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 30, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Zumie, I did see the nice play Font made at SS. Unfortunately at the time I was too busy complaining about the 49ers 6th rd draft choice over at Chuck’s blog to compliment him.

I’ll be sure to give him 2x props when he makes his next good play.
    I figure that to be about mid-August. Mark your calendar.

24. Zumarust said, on April 30, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Congrats to Memphis in finishing off the Spurs, bouncing back from that tough loss in overtime. The Spurs made some amazing shots in that overtime game.

25. PawlieGramps2B said, on April 30, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Just checking in with a computer in the Family Waiting Room at the hospital as my daughter-in-law is in labor w/ my 1st grandchild. Stooopid filer prevents “sp#rts” but allowed access to the Flap, eff bombs and all. Whooooooaaaaaah! Pablo out?! SF wins. No hitting but a W.

Back to Labor and Delivery and waiting.

Love to all.
    Mr. Kokonuts

26. PawlieGramps2B said, on April 30, 2011 at 5:14 pm

word above should be
    filter
    BTW, the Flap got cited on the Spash by Soph, I think; maybe that happens a lot.

We’re at 7 cm. With my reliable knack for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, I asked current and former wife: “Can you have 11 centimeters?”

Response was negative, with frowns and sighs.

27. PawlieGramps2B said, on April 30, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Splash, not Spash. Gee, and I thought I was Mr. Calm.

28. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 30, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Even Kuip said that was a game we probably “didn’t deserve to win.” I don’t give a shit. I’ll take ’em anyway we can get ’em. The way things are stacking up we’re gonna need to “steal” a few wins in the next month or so just to stay afloat. The Pablo hit was a huge torpedo into the port side of the S.S. Gigantes. Down periscope.

29. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 30, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Grandpa Kokonuts? Wishing you, mom and baby all the best. Congratulations.

30. blade3colorado said, on April 30, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Congratulations Paul . . . I hope Mom and baby Pawlie (?) are doing well 🙂

31. TedSpe said, on April 30, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Pawlie, mazel tov!!

32. Zumarust said, on April 30, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Actually, Dennis, what I heard Kuiper say was:”That was a game the Giants probably shouldn’t have won.” Quite different than saying they didn’t deserve to win.

33. Zumarust said, on April 30, 2011 at 6:26 pm

What’s your all’s take on Kaepernick? He’s from the middle of the Central Valley. It’s big news in this area his getting drafted by the Niners.

34. PawlieGramps2B said, on April 30, 2011 at 6:33 pm

danke

still a-waitin’

but still, why would they filter out “sprots” as if it were “pron”?

35. PawlieGramps2B said, on April 30, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I first saw Rohlinger in the same game I first saw Sandoval, in an AA [not a 12-step contest] game in Binghamton. Ironically, I pegged both of them as MLBers. Fateful symmetry.

Still no baby.

Bye.

36. twinfan said, on April 30, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Nobody really knows shit about him, Z. They know he’ll be a HOFer though, because he’s not Alex. Check out Lynch’s latest post, BTW.

• Zumarust said, on April 30, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Thanks. I hadn’t checked out Lynch’s blog in a while. Harbaugh seems very excited about things overall.

37. Flavor said, on April 30, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Just caught Frankel in the GUineas–wow, races in Europe are just not ever run like that. That horse is a superstar. And his name honoring one of the great trainers of our time–epic.

38. Flavor said, on April 30, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Zumie, I love the Kappy pick. Smith can QB the next year or two and Harbaugh will turn Kappy into the next….actually he isn’t going to be a next–he’s going to be a *first*. And I think Jim will do some good things with Alex, too. Totally stoked about the Niners draft so far……..

• Del Mar Dennis said, on April 30, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Are you on the 49er payroll? Jesus H. Christ. After six years of futility, year seven must be the lucky one, right? And before TF chimes in with his usual pole smoking of Alex Smith reminiscent of Linda Lovelace, I know he’s only played the equivalent of 3 and 1/3 yrs of starting football. 3 and 1/3 years of losing football is equivalent to a horse that’s still 0 fer 27 still trying to breaks its maiden…it ain’t gonna happen.

• Flavor said, on April 30, 2011 at 8:27 pm

No Denny, I think Alex is a mid range reach for almost anyone right now. I personally think he’d get a nice chance in AZ but there isn’t anyone there to help him get over the top. He’s been mired in shit management with no coaching and injuries the last few years.
        Jim Harbaugh can take this kid to another level. He’s never going to go past that level but it will be a nice surprise as we wait for the 2013 Kappy Explosion…….

• Flavor said, on April 30, 2011 at 8:29 pm

think about why Harbaugh gave him the playbook–he was telling him “Dude, this is what actual plays look like. You can do this”………

• TedSpe said, on April 30, 2011 at 8:25 pm

The Chronicle built him up quite a bit today. Impressive stats, apparently a couple NCAA records so why was he a 2nd rounder?

• Flavor said, on April 30, 2011 at 8:28 pm

played at Nevada. He went in rd 2 cause of the competition he faced. But he has all the tools. He’s Steve Young only faster……

• Del Mar Dennis said, on April 30, 2011 at 8:42 pm

If you think Alex was a project coming outta the spread offense in Utah, this kid played in the “pistol” at UNR. Colin has a trowing motion much like Timmeh’s. Here’s the WINDUP and the pitch…

39. Flavor said, on April 30, 2011 at 7:47 pm

this is a stunning display of speed from start to finish. Again, races in Europe simply aren’t run this way.

• Del Mar Dennis said, on April 30, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Flav, thank’s for posting Frankel’s triumph in the 2000 Guineas. I believe that was a display of memorable athleticism than any sports fan should enjoy. Little known fact about the 2000 Guineas; #11, Alex Smith was a late vet scratch because he found lame. 😀

40. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 30, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Yo, Ted. The new “A Nightmare on Elm Street” is on HBO. I trust your creature feature knowledge. Yea or nay?

I see it stars Jackie Earle Haley. The Giants could use Kelly Leak right about now.

• TedSpe said, on April 30, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Nay. Waste of time. Kelly Leak or not. Sorry for being so late

41. Billy mays said, on April 30, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Creepy kofy movie time channel 20 tonight at 11:30

• TedSpe said, on April 30, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Bad Mexican horror. Classic SON OF DRACULA on MeTV, comcast 31. Do it

42. Flavor said, on April 30, 2011 at 9:18 pm

haha, what’s *creepy* is that you posted that here…….

43. twinfan said, on April 30, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Take your Ledger Cocktail and go to bed, Denny. Your’re no sports fan, you’re a flaming drama queen

44. Flavor said, on April 30, 2011 at 9:43 pm

I’m enjoying posting on Chuck’s blog……

45. xootsuit said, on April 30, 2011 at 9:47 pm

I had to follow the bottom of the 9th on my phone while I was cooling my heels in the SFO Int’l arrival lobby. Why the fuck can’t they have a bar in that lobby, with some flat screens? Some other guys were staring at their iphones and droids too. Those other fans were as quiet as the limo drivers holding signs when the final pitch registered on the web. Nobody seemed too worried about the one guy in the big auditorium sized space who said “unbelievable!”

46. Del Mar Dennis said, on April 30, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Side note: maybe I should have said something earlier, but I really don’t like being called “Denny.” I know Flav started it awhile ago as a term of endearment, but nobody else calls me Denny. “Del,” “Del Mar,” or as our good friend, fucking Bozo says, “Den.” I like Den. But after reading this I’m sure you’ll continue to call me asshole.

Even still, I love this blog and all you other assholes.

Del Mar

• Nipper said, on April 30, 2011 at 10:08 pm

So what are you drinking Dennis? HorseBLEEP would be a nice nickname.

• TedSpe said, on April 30, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Real fucking witty, asshole. You’re a regular Noel Coward

47. blade3colorado said, on April 30, 2011 at 10:07 pm

“My name is Raymond J. Johnson, Jr. Now you can call me Ray, or you can call me J, or you can call me Johnny, or you can call me Sonny, or you can call me Junie, or you can call me Junior; now you can call me Ray J, or you can call me RJ, or you can call me RJJ, or you can call me RJJ Jr.”

“But you doesn’t hasta call me Johnson!”

48. twinfan said, on April 30, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Take that cocktail and you won’t give a fuck.

49. xootsuit said, on April 30, 2011 at 10:09 pm

I had nothing but contempt for Denny’s until they launched this new “Baconalia” ad blitz you see during the basebal games on tv. I bet academic eggheads hate that dumb funny pun. Fuck em. Denny’s is alright.

50. TedSpe said, on April 30, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Get some sleep, vampires. My apologies for the late replys

51. TedSpe said, on April 30, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Still watching SON OF DRACULA

52. DJLoo said, on April 30, 2011 at 11:59 pm

I just came awfully close to getting laid.
    Congrats, Pawlie.
    I’ll never know that joy.

53. DJLoo said, on May 1, 2011 at 12:13 am

Hey Teddy……I’m watching “Rock Star”.
    It’s based on me.