A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

How did we Win Saturday’s Game?

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 1, 2011

I think Jon Miller used the word *pouting* to describe Jonathan Sanchez 6 times in the 2nd inning. I only had radio yesterday so I couldn’t tell if that’s what it looked like. He definitely had some major brain farts. Marty Lurie and his crew seemed to want to focus on how Sanchez pulled it together and was able to stagger through 5 innings on no-earned run ball. To be honest, I’m disappointed in Dirrrrty this year. I believed him when he said he was going to cut his walks in half. Well, maybe I didn’t think he’d cut them in half but 20 walks in 33 innings is a joke. Something is going on in this guy’s head that Raggs et al just can’t touch…….

Eli Whiteside?

It’s a miracle that the Nats didn’t score 7 runs yesterday and that we somehow won yesterday’s game….

Time for a *Post of the Week* vote. It’s not really weekly but that’s the name so I’m sticking to it. On the right side of the blog you’ll see a tab that says “This Week’s Posts of the Day!!!”. Click on that and you’ll find 6 esteemed nominees. Please vote for your favorite. My apologies for screwing up the numbering. Snarkk is 2 and Ed is 4 but I excluded numbering them. Probably one too many Pliny’s…

The Flap Fantasy Baseball Standings!!!!!

This version of the standings show each players ranking in each of the 10 categories. It gives a broader perspective to the numbers Ed is producing overall. If it weren’t for the 3 and the 4 I’d say he’d be working on a one-sided binary system. Quick side note: I love Ed. This is a guy who traded Texieria for Hughes (bad move), recently banishing Hughes to the waiver (necessary move). But if you read his mesage board posts he’s probably having the most fun playing in the league and that’s what it’s all about. Ed’s rad.

1. Flavor said, on May 1, 2011 at 8:36 pm

that Pierce ejection was absurd. That ref has some ‘splainin’ to do. Pierce committed a foul and then didn’t say anything and got tossed. Fuck that.

2. blade3colorado said, on May 1, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Weird . . . Same date that Hitler was killed (albeit, there is some conjecture that Bin Laden was killed a few days ago).

3. xootsuit said, on May 1, 2011 at 9:35 pm

These happy blood-thirsty mobs cheering in D.C. have me worried. People around the world are seeing American yahooism at its worst. Why aren’t all those enthusiastic assholes in the armed services, fighting the fight they now so much adore? A lot of viciousl simple-minded hypocrites there. Assassinating that one guy to avenge thousands probably was necessary, for a lot of reasons. But it’s nothing to party over. Even worse, the Giants are in D.C. This just cannot be anything but a distraction, just when they need to work on their focus.

One positive: It’s very possible that we don’t have to worry about Sarah Palin, Donald Trump or other Republican clowns anymore.

• blade3colorado said, on May 2, 2011 at 6:34 am

Agree Xoot . . . Too many ignorant “yahoos” in this world; and moreover, hypocritical politicians that have used “9/11” for their political gain. I sent Flav a picture of the President with the caption, “Sorry, it took so long to get you a copy of my birth certificate . . . I was busy hunting down Osama Bin Laden.”

Regardless, I am joyed by the fact that the victims of this murderer have a little bit of closure.

4. eddacker said, on May 2, 2011 at 12:37 am

and you heard it first here, who says baseball is THE game?
    for one brief moment on 9-11 I thought we should nuke the whole area and now for one brief moment I thought all the money spent on this war was worth it.

5. mrmrbill said, on May 2, 2011 at 1:33 am

I’m rather of the mind to doubt it … not seeing much proof. And what diff would it make to his 2nd lieuts who will take his place?